IIFT Exam 2017- Application Form, Notification
IIFT or the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade organizes its common admission test known as IIFT Entrance Exam. It is a national level exam, conducted for admission to MBA program of International Business (IB). Each year, nearly 60,000 candidates register for IIFT Exam to compete for 360 seats available in IIFT’s Delhi and Kolkata campus.
- The official IIFT 2017 Dates have released at the website.
- Indian Nationals can fill IIFT Application Form till September 8, 2017.
- Last date to apply online and submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals NRIs is February 15, 2018.
- Registration for IIFT 2017 can be done in both online (official website) and offline (purchase of IIFT Prospectus) modes.
- Desirous candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree. Check IIFT Eligibility
- All candidates who register successfully will appear for IIFT 2017 on December 3, 2017. The exam will be conducted in offline mode. Check IIFT Exam Pattern
- IIFT will declare exam result in the month of December 2017. Check IIFT Result
- Selected candidates will participate in subsequent selection rounds viz. Essay Writing, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Check IIFT Selection Procedure
- Foreign Nationals and NRI’s can directly apply through GMAT score. They do not need to appear for IIFT Exam.
- The scores of IIFT Exam do not apply to any other B-school.
- For any query please contact Admissions Office at 011-39147213 (Direct), 39147200 - 205 ( Extn. 621) OR email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights of IIFT Exam
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses Offered||MBA (IB)|
|Expected Registrations for IIFT 2017||60,000|
IIFT 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates applying for IIFT 2017 should be well aware of the exam schedule. While the registrations are expected to begin in July, the exam will be held in December 3, 2017. The selection procedure will begin in January 2018 and the session will begin in June 2018.
|Event||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Availability of IIFT Application Form 2017||July 25, 2017|
|Last Date to fill Application Form (online & offline)||September 15, 2017|
|Last date to obtain and submit IIFT 2017 Application Form for Foreign Nationals/NRIs/Children of NRIs||February 15, 2018|
|IIFT 2017 Admit Card will be available from||November 2017|
|Last Date to receive IIFT Admit Card by Post||November 2017|
|IIFT 2017 Exam Date||December 03, 2017|
|Declaration of IIFT 2017 Results||February 2018|
|Commencement of IIFT Selection Procedure||January 2018|
Check IIFT 2017 Exam Dates
IIFT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility guidelines before getting themselves registered for the exam. In case, one fails to meet any condition, they would be debarred from participating any further in the admission process. Here is the eligibility criteria of IIFT:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelors’ degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline from a recognized university.
- There is no age limit for appearing in IIFT exam.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their graduate program are also eligible to apply.
- For candidates applying under Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO/OCI category, the admission will be granted on the basis of GMAT score. The score should not have been declared before January 1, 2015, and should be submitted at the Institute latest by March 31, 2018.
Check complete IIFT Eligibility
IIFT Reservation Policy
Some seats out of the total sanctioned intake are earmarked for candidates belonging to minority groups or special categories. It is important for candidates to be aware of the reservation policy, in case they are eligible and wish to avail of its benefits. Following are the categories and the number of seats reserved for each:
|Category||Reservation of Seats in IIFT|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||23%|
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)||7.5%|
|Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)||4%|
IIFT 2017 Application Form
- The Application Form for IIFT 2017 is available in both Online and Offline modes.
- The registration window is open until September15, 2017, for Indian Nationals.
- Last date to apply online and submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals NRIs is February 15, 2018.
- For Online Mode: Candidate needs to visit the Official Website of IIFT Exam i.e. iift.edu, fill all details and submit the form online only.
- For Offline Mode: Candidate needs to purchase the IIFT Prospectus, fill the IIFT Application Form carefully and send the duly filled form along with other required documents to:
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
- The amount paid for the prospectus of IIFT will be considered as the IIFT 2017 Fee for registration.
- For Foreign Nationals and NRI: The admission for these candidates is purely based on the GMAT score. The GMAT score/ result obtained after January 1, 2015, will be consideredonly for the purpose of offering admission and should reach the Institute’s office latest by 3rd week of February 2018.
Fill nowIIFT Application Form
IIFT Exam Application Fee
- IIFT Application Form can only be submitted after successful payment of fee.
- Candidates can make payment online as well as offline, as per their choice.
- IIFT Application Fee can be paid through Debit/ Credit card or Demand Draft drawn in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (payable at Delhi).
- The fee will vary as per the category of candidates. Refer to the below table for same:
|General/ OBC||INR 1550/-|
|SC/ ST||INR 775/-|
|Foreign National Candidates||INR 4,500/US $ 80|
Here is an easy way to register yourself for IIFT Exam. Check out PPT below:
IIFT 2017 Admit Card
- Candidates who have successfully completed the application form, will receive their IIFT Admit card via post.
- It is expected to be issued on November 15, 2017, onwards.
- Candidate must carefully check all the details on Admit Card like Name, Application number, Venue of examination, etc.
- In case of any discrepancy, immediately reach out to the IIFT Admission’s office.
- In case, candidates do not receive the admit cards by post, they can download the same from the official website of IIFT 2017.
- Candidates can simply follow the steps indicated below to download IIFT Admit Card.
- Visit the official website of IIFT
- Click on ‘Online admit card’
- Enter name and application number
- Save and download admit card for further use
IIFT 2017 Exam Centers
- IIFT Exam is going to be conducted across 20 cities.
- Candidates are required to select the exam city at the time of filling IIFT 2017 Application Form.
- The Institute reserves the right to add or delete any exam center.
- Applicants have the option to change the selected center by paying an additional fee of INR 500/-. However, the option to change center will be available till the first week of November-2017.
Here is the list of IIFT Exam Centres:
*The shortlisted candidates are required to appear for the selection procedure in 7 major cities: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
Check all IIFT Exam Centres
IIFT 2017 Exam Pattern
- IIFT is an offline test. It will be held on December 3, 2017 from 10am- 12pm.
- In general, IIFT has a tendency to experiment with IIFT Exam Pattern every year.
- The number of questions tends to vary every year. The total number of questions range between 120 and 150.
- In 2016 edition, there were 124 questions distributed among 4 sections namely – Quantitative Analysis, English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- All questions are in Multiple Choice Questions Format (MCQ).
Here are some quick highlights of IIFT Exam Pattern:
|Exam Pattern for IIFT Exam|
|Number of questions||120-150 Questions|
|Time duration for IIFT exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Marks per question||1 for QA, DI and LR, 0.75 for VA, 1 for RC and 0.50 for GA|
|Negative marking||1/3 of the marks allotted|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Total number of choices per question||4|
Read More: Introduction of GK section in IIFT 2017
What is the difference between CAT and IIFT?
- Mode of Examination- CAT is held in online mode, while IIFT Exam is held in offline mode
- Number of Questions- There are 100 questions in CAT Questions. In IIFT Exam, the questions may vary between 100-120.
- Marking Scheme- In CAT, 3 marks are awarded for each correct answer. In IIFT Exam, 0.75-1 marks may be awarded for a correct response, as per the discretion of IIFT.
- Sectional Time- In CAT, 1 hour is given to all three sections. In IIFT, there is no sectional timing. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Check IIFT Sample Papers
IIFT 2017 Syllabus
IIFT Syllabus for Quantitative Analysis
In this section, various mathematic questions are asked in order to check the mathematical skills of the candidate. The questions are primarily related to numbers and modern Maths. Here are some of the most important topics:
|IIFT 2017 Quantitative Analysis Topics|
|Parentages||HCF & LCM||Vectors||Logarithm||Venn Diagram|
|Binomial Expansion||Co-ordinate geometry||Installments payments||Time, Speed, Distance||Ratios & Proportions|
The section of Verbal Ability (English Comprehension) is designed to test the grammatical and language skills of the candidate. Also, topics which are related to checking the skills related to the arrangement of the sentence are discussed under the section. Here are some of the most important topics:
|IIFT 2017 English Comprehension Topics|
|Spellings||Fill in the Blanks||Word meaning match||Odd word out||Figure of Speech|
|Synonyms||Antonyms||Sentence Completion||Sentence correction||Sentence Arrangement|
General knowledge and awareness
This topic aims to test candidates’ awareness of his surroundings and events happening round the world. Current affairs, books and authors, history, economy-related events, international bodies etc. are some of the topics to be prepared under this section. Here are some of the most important topics:
|IIFT 2017 General Knowledge & Awareness Topics|
|Geography||International Affairs||Literature||Awards & Awardees||Entertainment|
Analytical and logical reasoning
It is usually considered as the less difficult section as it involves logic based question which requires less time if attempted carefully. Here are some of the most important topics:
|IIFT 2017 Logical Reasoning Topics|
|Visual & Critical Reasoning||Linear & Matrix Arrangements||Sequencing||Coding & Decoding||Symbol based Problem|
|Puzzles||Family Tree Problem||Statement & Conclusion||Cause & Effect||Input & Output|
Read More IIFT Syllabus
IIFT 2017 Result
- The result for IIFT Exam will be declared in December 2017.
- Candidates can check IIFT Result 2017 at the official website.
- The result will be displayed in the form of a scorecard. It will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- In 2016, the result for nearly 45,000 candidates was declared, while in 2017, the result for 60,000 candidates was declared.
How to check IIFT Result 2017?
- Visit the official website of IIFT Exam
- Click on the link for ‘IIFT 2017 Results’
- Enter your Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the IIFT 2017 Scorecard
- Download and take its printout
- IIFT Score Card will contain the Maximum marks of a Section, Sectional Cut off and Marks secured in the section and total score
Read More:IIFT Result
IIFT 2017 Cut Off
- IIFT Cut off describes the minimum marks required by a candidate to be eligible for the subsequent selection round.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) releases the cut off post declaration of IIFT Result in the month of January.
- All candidates who clear the three selection stages viz. Written Test, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) and secure the minimum cut off marks, will be selected for admission.
- The eligible candidates will be granted admission against 220 seats at Delhi campus and 140 seats at Kolkata campus.
- IIFT Cut off varies category-wise.
Expected IIFT Cut Off 2017 (Overall)
|Category||Cutoff marks||Max. Marks|
Expected IIFT Cut off 2017 (Sectional)
|Section||Cutoff marks||Max. Marks|
VA & RC
LR & DI
Check IIFT Cut off
IIFT 2017 Selection Procedure
- The very first step of the selection process requires a candidate to appear in IIFT Exam. For the foreign candidates, they need to give GMAT.
- Based on the performance in the exam of IIFT Exam, candidates are called for Essay Writing, GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview).
- Candidates are finally shortlisted for a seat at IIFT based on their GD/PI performance.
Here is a brief all stages of IIFT selection procedure:
Essay Writing: In this round, candidates have to write an essay based on some topic of General or business affairs. It aims to test candidates’ writing skills and conceptual knowledge about the topics. The average duration of this round is 20 minutes and the length of a well-defined essay is usually 300 words.
Group Discussion: For Group discussion, qualified candidates from the previous rounds are divided into groups of 10-12 participants. Candidates are given a topic related to current or business affairs. The duration of the GD usually varies. Candidates’ ability to take initiative, ability to effectively communicate their ideas are generally some qualities that the panelists lookout for in this round.
Personal Interview: The Personal Interview round is one on one personal round where the panelists adjudge the candidates on the basis of their persona and ability to stay focused under pressure. The usual duration of PI round in 10-15 minutes.
Check IIFT Selection Procedure
IIFT 2017 FAQs
Ques. Can I change/modify the data once I submit the form?
Ans. No, you cannot change the data. For any modifications in the form kindly send an e-mail from your registered e-mail id mentioning your Full name (as it is written on the application form), application form no. and the details to be edited. Please note that only a few basic information can be modified.
Ques. Is change of IIFT Exam Centre permitted?
Ans. For the change of centre, a candidate is required to send a written request duly signed by the student and a DD of INR 500/- in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI. This request must be sent on or before 4th November 2017.
Ques. Bank name is not appearing on my printed online application form. What can I do?
Ans. Bank name will appear only for those candidates whose mode of payment for the online form is Demand Draft. If the mode of payment is by Credit/Debit card, bank name will not be printed and space there will remain blank.
Ques. What is the fee structure for MBA (IB) course in IIFT campus?
Ans. IIFT is offering MBA (IB) in two of its campuses, which are in Delhi and Kolkata. The fee structure of both the campuses is same. Read below IIFT Fee Structure:
|Particulars||Estimated Fee per annum|
|Tuition Fee||INR 7,60,000/-|
|Hostel Fee||INR 47,000/- (Triple Occupancy); INR 57,000/- (Double Occupancy)|
*SC/ST/PH Category will be given 50% concession in tuition fee
Ques. Does any other college accept IIFT Score?
Ans. No, the test score of this entrance examination is used for admission into MBA IB program offered at IIFT's New Delhi and Kolkata Campus only.
Ques. Is there any management quota for MBA-IB Program?
Ans. There is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of any queries/ questions?
Ans. Here are the campus-wise contact details:
|Delhi Campus||Kolkata Campus|
|IIFT Bhawan, B-21, |
Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi - 110016,
Tel: +91-11-26965124 ,
Ward No 108, Borough XII,