- Admit Card for Prelims is issued to candidates who registered successfully for IES 2018.
- UPSC, conducting body of the engineering services examination will issue the document in November 2017.
- E-Admit Card can be downloaded via online mode only.
- IES Prelims consists two papers, which carry a total of 600 marks. Check IES Exam Pattern
- The two papers consist of General Studies & Engineering Aptitude and Engineering Specific discipline.
- IES Prelims is scheduled for January 07, 2018.
- Candidates must ensure to carry the admit card at the center.
- Without an admit card, candidate will not be able to appear for the examination.
Details about Admit Card of IES Mains
- IES/ ESE admit card for Mains is issued to those candidates who qualify the Prelims examination. Check IES Cut Off
- Mains examination consists of engineering specific subjects of 600 marks.
- The Stage 2 exam is scheduled for July 01, 2018. UPSC will issue the document via online mode only in April 2018.
- Candidates must carry the admit card with them in order to appear for the examination. Check IES Exam Centers
Details about Admit Card for Personality Test
- After the IES Results for Mains are declared, a notification is released to the qualified candidates about the e-letter for appearing in Personality Test.
- UPSC issued the IES admit cards to the qualified aspirants.
- It can be downloaded by providing required details.
- The personality test carries 200 marks. Check How to crack IES Interview Round
IES Exam Centers 2018
- UPSC decides the final exam center or venue of a candidate.
- Currently, there are 42 centers where the engineering exam will be conducted.
- While filling in IES Application Form, candidates are required to choose two exam centers as per their preference.
- The conducting body reserves the right to allot an exam center as per the availability of the same.
Tabulated below are the names of IES Exam Centers where Preliminary Examination of IES 2018 will be conducted:
|Updated IES Exam Centers 2018|
IES 2018 – Exam Day Instructions
Following rules should be followed by every examinee on the day of examination:
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
- Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Read the "Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination" given in "Rules for the Examination" available in Examination Notice and "Poster" containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
- Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
- Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations
- There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
- Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
- Orthopaedically /Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
IES Exam Day Instructions in Hindi
IES 2018 – Exam Instructions for Scribe
- Visually Impaired candidates (Visually impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where (dominant writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) are entitled to a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in both the sessions.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe subsequently.
- The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on candidate’s instruction, mark and shade the appropriate circles on the objective type OMR sheet. The candidate will clearly indicate to the scribe as to which of the four responses in his/her estimation, is the correct response so that the scribe can mark the answer accordingly by blackening the appropriate circle with Black Ball Point Pen.
- The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her.Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
- The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer-sheet.
- Candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidates and their scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
- No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidates or the scribes brought by them.
- Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.