ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling for both UG and PG programs will start tentatively from July 7, 2017. ICAR AIEEA (Indian Council of Agricultural Research All Indian Entrance Examination for Admission) is conducted by ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) every year. Candidates interested in taking admission in the various undergraduate and postgraduate programs of ICAR appear for ICAR AIEEA.
- ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling will be conducted by ICAR in online mode only.
- Candidates will be allotted seats at the participating universities/institutes of ICAR in the counselling.
- The counselling procedure of ICAR AIEEA 2017 will start soon after the announcement of ICAR AIEEA 2017 results.
- There will be 3 rounds of counselling.
- The Round 3 of ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling will take place only if there are vacant seats after Round 2.
- Candidates who have qualified in ICAR AIEEA examination will be called for counselling.
- Candidates under general and UPS category need to secure a minimum of 50% marks, whereas candidates under SC/ST category need to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination.
- Candidates can check the merit list to know if they have qualified for ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling.
- Only qualified candidates should report for counselling according to the counselling schedule.
- Candidates will not get admission if they fail to report for the counselling.
Candidates are advised to keep in touch with the official website of ICAR, www.icar.org.in to stay updated to any news related to counselling. Counselling for ICAR AIEEA 2017 is the gateway for admission to the 15% seats in the participating agricultural institutes all over India.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling Schedule
Candidates who are appearing in ICAR AIEEA 2017 examination must know about all the important dates related to counselling so that they can report on time. The counselling schedule for ICAR AIEEA 2017 is listed in the following table:
|1.||ICAR UG Exam||June 10, 2017|
|2.||ICAR PG Exam||June 11, 2017|
|3.||Declaration of Result||June 30, 2017|
|4.||ICAR Counselling UG||Round1: July 7, 2017 Round 2: July 17, 2017 Round 3: July 27, 2017|
|5.||ICAR Counselling PG||Round 1: July 7, 2017 Round 2: July 17, 2017 Round 3: July 27, 2017|
Please note that all the dates mentioned in the table are tentative. ICAR will release ICAR AIEEA 2017 counselling schedule on their official website after the announcement of result. Candidates should stay tuned to the official website of ICAR so that they can stay updated on the latest news of ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling Procedure
Candidates need to download their counselling call letter from the official website of ICAR after being declared as qualified in ICAR AIEEA 2017 Results. Candidates need to carry the counselling call letter to the counselling. The steps to download ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling Call letter are given below:
- Visit the official website of ICAR (www.icar.org.in).
- Click on the link for ICAR AIEEA UG 2017/ ICAR AIEEA PG 2017 Counselling Call letter.
- Login using your application number and password.
- Click on ‘Download Counselling Call Letter’.
- The counselling call letter will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Candidates need to download and take a printout of the letter as it will be needed during the time of counselling.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling will take place in the online mode only. The number of candidates that are declared qualified by ICAR for counselling would be larger than the total number of seats available for admission to the Agricultural Universities. All those candidates are called for counselling who have secured 50% under general and UPS categories and 40% under SC/ST/PC categories. For OBC, the decision of Supreme Court is considered final.
If the required number of candidates is not available for counselling, the competent authority that is DDG, Agril. Edn can lower the minimum qualifying marks. There are many steps in ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling.
Stepwise Counselling Process
Candidates must know all the steps of the counselling process of ICAR AIEEA 2017 so that they do not miss any of the steps. First of all, candidates have to pay the counselling fee of 2000 INR after the declaration of ICAR AIEEA 2017 result, so that they can appear for ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling.
Candidates who have not been declared as qualified for counselling in the merit list cannot appear for counselling. They will not be considered for admission to the ICAR participating Agricultural Universities. Candidates can give their options for choice of University and subject degree programme. They can also present their preferences at the time of online ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling. There are 8 steps in ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling process.
The stepwise ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling process is listed below:
- Step 1: Qualified candidates need to register for online counselling by paying the counselling fee of 2000 INR through debit card/credit card or net banking.
- Step 2: Candidates who have registered for online counselling can login for the counselling process. Candidates do not have to visit the campus of ICAR as the process of ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling is online.
- Step 3: Details of eligibility requirements, available seat matrix with reservation category, helpline numbers, the process of online counselling and previous year admission cut offs is available on the home page of the online portal for counselling. Qualified candidates are permitted to choose their preferred institution and course from the given list during the time of counselling.
- Step 4: Only those institutions and courses will be displayed to qualified candidates where they are eligible for admission on the basis of their scores in ICAR AIEEA 2017 examination.
- Step 5: Candidates can select the university and courses one by one in combination if they want to submit multiple choices. Candidates will be able to modify or add or delete their choices during the specified time period.
- Step 6: After confirming their choice, candidates need to click on the ‘save’ button. They can take a printout for future reference.
- Step7: On the counselling day, the choices of candidates will be taken into consideration. Seats will be then allotted to candidates on the basis of merit and availability of seats. Candidates will also be informed by email or SMS about the university and course they are allotted in Round 1 of ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling.
- Step 8: Candidates have to download the allotment letter. A printout of the provisional allotment letter should be presented at the allotted University. After verification of documents of candidates, final admission letter will be issued.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling
The documents that are required at the time of ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counselling are listed below:
- Mark sheet and Certificate of Class 10 and Class 12
- Transfer/migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate (if date of birth is not mentioned on the certificate of Class 10)
- Category Certificate if candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC categories
- Medical Certificate if candidate is physically challenged (PC)
- Admit card, copy of online application form and call letter issued to qualified candidates by ICAR related to admission
- 3 recent passport size photographs that are the same as pasted on the online application form
- Domicile certificate
- Authority letter if candidate is not able to personally attend the counselling
Candidates should not forget to bring any of the documents mentioned at the time of counselling.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Seat Matrix
Only 15 % of seats in State Agricultural University are filled through ICAR AIEEA 2017 examination. 100 % of seats in ICAR participating universities are also filled through ICAR entrance examination. The detailed course wise and college wise number of seats that will be filled on the basis of ICAR AIEEA 2017 score is as follows:
Total seats in UG Course
|UG Programme||Total No. of Seats|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture||1021|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry||55|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture||211|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture||7|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science||104|
|B.Tech Agricultural Engineering||177|
|B.Tech Food Technology||29|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||72|
|B.Tech Bio Technology||40|
Total seats in PG Course
|College/University||Total No. of Seats|
|IARI New Delhi||133|
|DU NDRI Karnal||141|
If there are vacant seats after Round 3 of counselling, they will be filled by the institutions on their own.
There are many participating colleges of ICAR AIEEA 2017.
- Horticulture and Agriculture courses-There are 42 participating colleges of ICAR for Horticulture and Agriculture courses. There are total 1021 seats in agriculture and 211 seats in horticulture.
- Forestry and Fisheries courses: There are 17 participating colleges of ICAR for Forestry and Fisheries courses. There are 55 seats in forestry and 83 seats in fisheries.
- Science and Sericulture courses: There are 12 participating colleges of ICAR for Science and Sericulture courses. There are 104 seats in home science and 7 seats in sericulture.
- Agricultural Engineering and Dairy Technology courses: There are 24 participating colleges of ICAR for agricultural engineering and dairy technology courses. There are 177 seats in agricultural engineering and 72 seats in dairy technology.
- Food Technology and Bio Technology courses: There are 5 participating colleges of ICAR for food technology and bio technology courses. There are 29 seats in food technology and 40 seats in bio technology.
All these participating colleges will accept ICAR AIEEA 2017 scores for admission in its various UG and PG courses.