ICAR AIEEA 2017
ICAR AIEEA 2017 is a national level exam conducted for admission into various UG, PG and PhD programs offered by its affiliated Universities. It is conducted every year by Indian Council of Agricultural Research. The exam is scheduled on June 10, 2017 for UG courses and June 11, 2017 for PG and PhD programs.
- ICAR AIEEA Admit Card is expected to be release in last week of May
- ICAR AIEEA 2017 is a pen and paper based test of 150 minutes
- It will comprise of objective type questions (MCQs). The exam paper will consist of a total of 180 questions for UG courses and 160 questions for PG programs.
- The paper will be available in 2 languages- English and Hindi
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes)
- ICAR AIEEA 2017 Results will be declared on June 30, 2017. Applicants who qualify the exam will have to attend the further admission rounds as per the schedule uploaded by ICAR
AIEEA UG is conducted for admission into various agriculture courses other than Veterinary Sciences while AIEEA PG is conducted for Masters in courses offered in affiliated Agricultural Universities. For PhD programs, a separate course named as AICE-SRF-PGS is conducted.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Highlights
|Date of AIEEA 2017||June 10, 2017|
|Date of PG AIEEA 2017||June 11, 2017|
|Conducting body||Indian Council of Agricultural Research|
|Mode of AIEEA 2017||Offline|
|Duration of AIEEA 2017||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Number of questions||180- UG and 160-PG|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure for ICAR AIEEA 2017. Aspirants can refer to the official website of ICAR. The exam dates are given below:
|Commencement of online Application||April 20, 2017|
|Last date for submitting Application form||May 6, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||Last week of May 2017|
|Date of AIEEA 2017 entrance exam||June 10, 2017 (UG) June 11, 2017 (PG)|
|Declaration of result||June 30, 2017|
|Counseling and spot admission||July 2017|
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for ICAR AIEEA 2017 is as set up by ICAR. Every aspirant must ensure that he meets the eligibility requirements mentioned below before applying for the entrance test.
Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India to appear for AIEEA 2017.
Age Limit: No relaxation is admissible in the minimum age requirement that follows-
- The minimum age requirement for UG courses is 16 years as on August 31, 2017.
- The minimum age requirement for PG courses is 19 years as on August 31, 2017.
Qualifying Examination for UG courses:
Students should have passed/ appeared for final exam of 10+2 level or equivalent examination from a recognized board. They should secure no less than 50% aggregate for General, OBC (NCL) and UPS categories and 40% aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories. They must have compulsory subjects required by each program to be eligible for the particular program.
Qualifying Examination for PG courses:
Applicants should have passed/ due to appear for final examination of their Bachelor’s Degree in the concerned field under 10+2+5 (B.V.Sc and A.H), 10+2+4, 10+6 years degree (B.Sc. Ag).
- Minimum educational qualification of bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Agri. Marketing and Cooperation, Food Science, Biotechnology, Basic and allied sciences etc. is required to be eligible for this course.
- They must secure at least 60% marks for General, OBC (NCL) and UPS categories and 40% aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories.
Courses Offered and Subject Combination
For UG courses, applicants will have to attempt 3 out of 5 subjects according to their course. The 5 subjects are Physics (P), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (M), Biology (B) and Agriculture (A). The courses offered, the subjects required at 10+2 level to be eligible and subject combination to be attempted in the test are given below:
|Course||Required subjects in 10+2 examination||Subject Combination|
|B.Sc. Agriculture||PCB/PCMB/ PCM/Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc. Horticulture||PCB/PCMB/PCM/PCF/ Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc. Forestry||PCB/PCMB/ Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc. Community Science||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCB/PCM|
|B.Sc. Sericulture||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCB/PCM|
|B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering||PCM/ PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Dairy Technology||PCM/PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Food Technology||PCM/PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Bio- Technology||PCM/PCMB/PCB||PCB/PCM|
For Masters Programs, AIEEA 2017 offers admission into 20 major subject groups. The courses offered are:
|Plant Biotechnology||Water Science & Technology|
|Plant Sciences||Community Science|
|Physical Science||Animal Biotechnology|
|Entomology and Nematology||Veterinary Sciences|
|Social Sciences||Fisheries Science|
|Statistical Sciences||Dairies Science|
|Forestry/Agroforestry and Silviculture||Food Science Technology|
|Agricultural Engineering & Technology||Agri- Business Management|
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Application Form
Students can apply for AIEEA 2017 only via the online mode. Online forms will be available on the official ICAR website. Candidates can submit only one application. Applicants must complete the application process by paying the requisite fees.
Application process consists of 4 steps- Application form filling, Uploading documents, Payment of Fees and Printing Confirmation page. Aspirants can follow the simple steps given below to fill the form:
Step 1: Application Form Filling
- Log on to the official ICAR website. Click on ‘Online Application AIEEA UG/PG 2017’.
- Applicants will have to enter general details about themselves like Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile Phone Number, Academic qualifications, School last studied, Test Centre, Aadhaar number (valid Govt. identity number), etc.
- Data once submitted cannot be modified hence, students should be careful while entering the information.
Step 2: Uploading Documents
- Aspirants should upload scanned copies of their recent, passport-sized photograph with name and date mentioned and also their signature.
- They must also upload left hand thumb impression (for boys) and right hand impression of girls.
Step 3: Payment of Fees
- Fees can be paid via the online and offline method. Aspirants must pay the requisite fees and save the receipt for reference.
- If they opt for the offline method, they can pay fees by bank challan which has to be submitted at the State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur.
Step 4: Confirmation Page
- Once the transaction is complete, a confirmation page will be generated. Download it and print it out.
- Students will have to send the confirmation page of the application form duly affixed with postal stamp of appropriate amount should be sent by registered/ speed post to the following address:
Controller of Examinations (Agril. Education), ICAR, Room No. 216,
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa,
Application process will be considered complete only after paying the requisite fees.
- Fees can be paid through the online and offline mode.
- Aspirants can pay fees via Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking using Payment Gateway of Canara Bank/ NEFT.
- Fees can also be paid bank challan of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur.
They must pay fees according to their category. They must ensure that they preserve the receipt of their transaction.
|ICAR 2017 AIEEA UG Application Fee|
|General, OBC (NCL) and UPS Category||INR 500/-|
|SC, ST and PC Category||INR 250/-|
|ICAR 2017 AIEEA PG Application Fee|
|General, OBC (NCL) and UPS Category||INR 600/-|
|SC, ST and PC Category||INR 300/-|
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Admit Card
ICAR 2017 AIEEA Admit Card will be issued to all applicants who have registered successfully in the last week of May 2017. Candidates can download their admit cards by accessing their registered accounts on the official website. Admit cards can be downloaded within a stipulated period of time only. No student will receive the admit card via post.
Admit Card will contain details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address. It should have a self-attested photograph and thumb impression of the candidate. It is an important document of the exam and no individual will be granted entry into the exam hall without it. Follow these steps to download AIEEA 2017 Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website of ICAR.
- Go to the login page. Enter registration number and Date of Birth. Click on ‘Login’.
- System generated Admit card will appear. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
In case of any problem related to AIEEA 2017 Admit card, please contact COE (Agril. Edn.) or the concerned Nodal Officer on telephone after the hall tickets is issued.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Exam Center
AIEEA 2017 will be conducted in a number of cities in all states across India.
- Aspirants will be allowed to choose a city of their preference as an exam center.
- They will have to fill up the city code in the application form accordingly.
- The organizing body will allot a center to students and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Exam Pattern
AIEEA 2017 will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration and there will be one question paper containing objective questions (MCQs). It is a pen and paper based test.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4 marks and negative marking will also be applicable.
- No marks will be deducted if no response is marked in the answer sheet against a question.
- If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer and negative marking will be applicable accordingly
The exam pattern for UG courses is:
|Number of questions||180 UG 160 PG|
|Maximum marks||720 UG 650 PG|
|Sections in paper||UG- Physics, Chemistry, Agriculture/Biology/Mathematics PG- MCQs and Match the following|
|Number of seats||UG- 1799 PG- 3112|
|Courses offered||UG-10 PG- 95|
The syllabus for ICAR 2017 AIEEA for UG programs will be based on Higher Secondary or equivalent level. The questions asked will be from class 11 and class 12 syllabi. The syllabus for PG programs will be based on the graduate level syllabus of the particular degree. The detailed syllabus for both UG and PG courses will be given in the brochure.
Candidates must score 50% marks for General, UPS category and 40% marks in the entrance exam for SC, ST category to be eligible for counseling and further rounds of admission. However, the minimum qualifying marks can be relaxed if necessary number of applicants does not qualify.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Result
ICAR 2017 AIEEA Results will be declared on June 30, 2017. The results will be declared on the official website. They will be released in the form of merit list. Candidates can access their results by following these few easy steps:
- Log on to the official website. Search the link of AIEEA 2017 result.
- Click on the link of ‘AIEEA 2017 UG/PG Result.
- The merit list will appear. Search your roll number to know your marks.
Merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by candidates and category to which they belong. Applicants will be given Overall ranks and Category wise ranks. The merit list will contain the names of aspirants in order of ranks secured by them.
In the event of applicants getting equal marks in the examination, the tie-breaking criteria will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the main subjects in AIEEA- UG and PG examination. In the event of tie again, an aspirant, higher in age, would be preferred.
OMR sheets cannot be given for re-evaluation or re-checking.
- The candidate may be allowed to inspect their own OMR answer sheet along with answer key if such a request is submitted by the candidate within 10 days from the date of the result on ICAR website.
- A copy of e-admit card, hard copy of online application form should also be submitted along with a Demand Draft of INR 500/- drawn in favor of
ICAR Education Division
Revolving Fund, payable at New Delhi.
ICAR AIEEA 2017 Counseling
AIEEA 2017 Counseling Process will start from July 2017. It will be held through the online mode. The students short-listed via the merit list must register themselves for the counseling session for admission in the various courses offered by ICAR. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on their official website.
Tentative Counseling Schedule:
|Counseling 1st round||July 7, 2017|
|Counseling 2nd round||July 17, 2017|
|Counseling 3rd round (Tentative)||July 27, 2017|
The counseling process will take place in the following way:
- Aspirants will first have to register for the online counseling process by paying INR 2000/- via Credit/Debit card or Net banking.
- Students will have to fill an online preference form. They will be able to choose various courses from only those accredited programs whose qualifying criterion is fulfilled by the candidate.
- They will be offered seats based on merit and preference of course as chosen by them. Aspirants will be notified via SMS and email about the university and course allotted to them.
- Aspirants can accept the offered seat, reject it or request for auto-upgradation. Incase they request for upgrading their seat, students may get university and course of their better choice if seats are available, according to merit.
- If candidates accept their seat, they must report to the allotted university for verification of documents, scrutiny of certificates and other official procedures.
Document verification is an important step of the counseling process. Applicants must visit the allotted institute for admission and submit necessary documents. The required documents are:
|10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate|
|Transfer Certificate and Leaving Certificate from institute attended|
|Proof of Date of Birth|
|ICAR AIEEA 2017 Admit Card and Call letter|
|Aadhaar card or valid Govt. identity card|