The selection rounds of IBSAT will begin post declaration of the result on January 2, 2018. Stages of IBSAT Selection Procedure include a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round. For IBSAT 2018, the selection rounds will take place from February 20- 26, 2018.
The four main stages included in IBSAT Selection Procedure include:
- Selection Briefing
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
On the basis of a candidate’s overall performance, a merit will be formed containing names of all selected candidates. It will release in March 2018. Weightage to academic records and work experience will also be given. Candidates will then be alloted a seat in MBA/ PGPM course in any one of the 9 IBS campuses.
Note: Candidates with a minimum score of 60% in CAT/NMAT by GMAC or having a score of 500 in GMAT will be directly shortlisted for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
Check all IBSAT Colleges
IBSAT 2018 Cut Off
- Candidates must score the minimum cutoff marks to be eligible for the shortlisting processes of the various campuses of IBS.
- IBSAT cutoff marks will vary with the IBS campuses.
- Various factors influence the cutoff marks, such as the difficulty level of the test, the total number of exam takers and the availability of seat.
- Below is the expected IBSAT 2018 Cut off for your reference:
|IBS College||Opened Rank||Closing Rank|
Read More IBSAT Exam Dates
Stages of IBSAT Selection Process 2018
- Candidates who successfully qualify IBSAT will be shortlisted for the further process of selection.
- For IBSAT 2018, the selection rounds will take place from February 20- 26, 2018.
- The selection process will be held at the various affiliated campuses of IBS.
- For final selection of candidates, past academic record, performance in GD and PI will be considered. Candidates are advised to take admission on due dates in the allotted institution.
- Here are the 4 main steps of IBSAT Selection Procedure:
Stage 1- Registration
- Candidates securing the minimum cut off marks can proceed towards registering themselves for the further rounds of IBSAT Selection Process.
- To register, you may visit the official website once the cut off is out.
- A link will be provided on the official website during that time.
Stage 2- IBSAT Selection Briefings
- Before IBSAT selection process starts, IBS conducts selection briefings in several cities across the country.
- These briefings are like seminars that are conducted to provide the right information and guidance to candidates.
- In IBSAT selection briefings, the experts from IBS answer all queries of candidates and also provide useful tips for GD and PI preparation.
- A selection briefing is mainly divided into three parts –
- About IBS,
- Briefing on IBS Selection Process, and
- Questions and Answers
- Candidates can choose the venue, date and time of the selection briefing as per their convenience.
- Candidates who clear the entrance examination will be invited for selection briefings before taking part in GD and PI. After the briefings, the process of GD and PI will start.
Check all IBSAT Colleges
Stage 3- Group Discussion
- After Selection Briefing, selected candidates will be invited for group discussion at IBS Hyderabad.
- In this round, candidates are divided into a group of 8-10(depends on the committee) and each group is given a topic to discuss among themselves for 15-20 minute.
- Other than Current affairs, candidates should read newspapers and business magazines on daily basis and also practice some common topics which help the candidate to clear the group discussion round.
- Group Discussions are used to assess aspirants on their leadership skills, communication skills, tactfulness, problem-solving abilities, and ability to stay focused and get the task done in the designated time.
Stage 4- Personal Interview
- Candidates who have successfully cracked the GD are called for the final selection round i.e. Personal Interview.
- Personal Interviews is designed to assess Aspirants’ confidence, thought clarity, interpersonal and soft skills.
- Personal Interview duration depends totally on aspirants’ answers.
- It is mandatory for the shortlisted Aspirants to appear for the all the tests of GD and PI round to be eligible for IBSAT Admission Procedure.
IBSAT 2018 Merit List
- Once all selection rounds are completed, the conducting authority releases a final IBSAT Merit List.
- Here, marks secured in all the stages are taken together and put in a list of descending order.
- These students then finally proceed towards the counselling rounds and complete the admission formalities.
- Given below are the factors that form the final merit list, along with their weightages:
|Past academic records (PAR)||Class 10||Class 12||40|
|Class 12||Class 12|
|Personal Interview (PI)|| -|| -||30|
|Group Discussion (GD)|| -|| -||30|
|Total|| -|| -||100|
Documents Required for IBSAT 2018 Counselling
Given below documents are mandatory to bring at the time of taking admission/counselling:
- Self-attested copy of graduation/12th/10th mark sheet photocopy.
- Self-attested copy of graduation/12th/10th passing certificate photocopy.
- Self-attested photocopy of post-graduation (if applicable).
- Personal data form (filled by the candidate with photo affixed).
- IBSAT Admit Card
- IBSAT Score Card
We hope all deserving candidates manage to get a seat in the course of their choice. Just keep a tab on all essential dates and processes and you are good to go!
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College