Candidates willing to pursue an MBA/PGPM/Ph.D. course from any one of the 9 IBS Schools, must satisfy IBSAT Eligibility Criteria before applying. IBSAT Registration will conclude on December 12, 2017. The application form of IBSAT is available online (ibsindia.org) and offline (at various marketing branches of ICFAI Business School).
Here are all key details about IBSAT Eligibility 2017:
- An applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in order to apply for IBSAT 2017.
- The UG degree should be in English medium. In case you do not have it, you must submit the scores of TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS.
- For MBA program, a candidate should have completed minimum 15 years of education.
- For PhD program, a candidate should have completed post graduation with a minimum of 17 years of regular education.
- Students in their final year of graduation can also apply.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam.
- Candidates with a valid NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score can directly participate in IBSAT Selection Procedure.
The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) defines IBSAT Eligibility Criteria each year. All candidates who manage to register successfully will appear for IBSAT from December 21 to 24, 2017. Check all IBSAT Exam Dates
Course-wise IBSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility for IBSAT varies as per the programs that are offered by ICFAI. Mentioned below is the eligibility criteria as per the programs:
For MBA/PGPM Program
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2018.
- Candidates in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply.
Note: The admissions for the final year candidates will be provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2018.
For Ph.D. Program
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English
- Post Graduation in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations from an UGC approved University) with 55% and above marks
- Post Graduation (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
- Applicants who have completed their graduation/ Post graduation on one-time sitting basis or on part time, distance mode or online mode are not eligible for PhD program of IBS Hyderabad.
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation and/ or post graduation have to submit TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2018.
Read more IBSAT Registration
IBSAT 2017 Reservation Policy
IBSAT Reservation Criteria does not specify anything as per educational or age relaxation for candidates from reserved categories. There is no fixed pattern followed by the management college for the seat allotment. IBSAT Eligibility Criteria of these Reserved Categories are given as under:
- The aggregate marks eligibility criterion is same for every category and therefore, no relaxation in the aggregate marks based on the category to which candidate belongs.
- The minimum marks required for every candidate to appear for the IBSAT 2017 are 50% in aggregate in the undergraduate program.
- Application fee amount is also the same for all candidates alike. There is no relaxation in the application fee amount for candidates belonging to the SC, ST or OBC categories.
- There is no provision for the reservation of seats for candidates belonging to the reserved categories of Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes, and Other Backward Classes. Every candidate is treated at par and hence there is no prior reservation of seats.
- IBSAT is one of the entrance exams which does not guarantee any seat reservations of the reserved category candidates. All candidates are required to fulfill all the mandatory eligibility conditions in order to gain admission in any of the IBS colleges.
Exemption from IBSAT 2017
There are a few candidates who are exempted from taking IBSAT. They are directly called upon for the selection rounds (GD/PI). In order to avail this facility, candidates must have a valid score in either of the following exams:
- NMAT by GMAC
- CAT or Common Admission Test and GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test are conducted for granting admission to candidates to the management postgraduate degree and diploma programs to various colleges all over India.
- NMAT, conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council, is yet another entrance exam which exempts a candidate from taking IBSAT 2017.
- In short, these exams are made replaceable to IBSAT for admission to the management programs at the 9 IBS Campuses.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College