IBSAT 2017 Registration, Exam Date, Pattern, Result
ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is a national-level entrance exam, conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education. IBSAT is taken by candidates who wish to pursue MBA/ PGPM/ Ph.D. in any of the 9 IBS Business Schools (Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune).
- IBSAT 2017 Registration is open now. The last date to apply is December 18.
- The application form of IBSAT is available online (ibsindia.org) and offline (at various marketing branches of ICFAI Business School).
- Candidates who register successfully will be issued IBSAT Admit Card at time of Slot Booking.
- ICFAI has scheduled IBSAT 2017 from December 21 to December 24, 2017.
- IBSAT Exam Pattern is similar to that of other management exams like XAT, NMAT, TISSNET etc. The exam will be conducted in online mode will all objective questions. The duration of the exam is 2 hours.Check IBSAT Official Mock Test 2017 Released
- IBSAT Result will release on January 2 at its official website. Shortlisted candidates will qualify for GD/PI rounds.
Highlights of IBSAT 2017
|Highlights of IBSAT 2017|
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Courses Offered||MBA and PGPM|
|IBS Helpline||1800 425 55 66 77|
IBSAT 2017 Exam Dates (Announced)
ICFAI has released IBSAT 2017 Official Notification at ibsindia.org. The registration window will close on December 18, 2017. Tabulated below are all the important dates related to IBSAT 2017.
|Start of IBSAT 2017 Registration||July 01, 2017|
|IBSAT Application Form filling concludes on||December 18, 2017|
|Commencement of Slot Booking||July 1, 2017 – December 18, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||At Slot Booking Time|
|IBSAT 2017 Exam Date||December 21 - 24, 2017|
|IBSAT Results Declaration||January 02, 2018|
|Selection Briefings||January 13- 17, 2018|
|Commencement of IBSAT 2017 Selection Rounds||February 20- 26, 2018|
Read More IBSAT Exam Dates
Download IBSAT Sample Paper
IBSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
ICFAI University, the conducting body of IBSAT, has defined the eligibility criteria for all aspiring candidates. It is important to satisfy them in order to fill IBSAT application form. The eligibility criteria for IBSAT 2017 are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- UG degree should be in English medium. In case you do not have it, submit the scores of TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS
- A minimum of 15 years of regular education
- Candidates without a full-time graduation degree (those who have completed their graduation on part time basis, distance mode or online mode) are not eligible to apply
- Candidates in final year of their qualifying examination can also apply
- Possession of a valid NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score can directly participate in IBSAT 2017 Selection Process
- No defined age-limit
Read More IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
IBSAT 2017 Registration
The registration window for IBSAT 2017 became functional from July 01, 2017. The last date to fill the application form is December 18, 2017. Candidates can register themselves via online or offline mode.
Pre-requisites Before Applying
- A valid email address, telephone number and address
- Marks sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification ready for calculating the percentage of marks.
- If academic institutions offer grade point averages (GPA), they need to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
IBSAT Online Registration
Step 1- Visit the official website of IBS i.e. ibsindia.org.
Step 2- Enter your application number and password.
Step 3- You will receive an email indicating your application number and password. You may login using the application number and password.
Step 4- On entering a valid login ID and password you will be taken to the next section, which is “Change your password”.
Step 5- Fill all your personal/ academic details in your application form and upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, and marksheets.
Step 6- Upon submitting the form, you will be redirected to the payment window. Pay the requisite application fee.
Step 7- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful registration.
IBSAT Offline Registration
- For candidates applying offline, they have to purchase IBSAT Application Form from designated centers of ICFAI Business School.
- The forms will be available at various marketing branches located across the country.
- Candidates can check for these branches at www.ibsindia.org/marketingbranches.html.
- IBSAT Bulletin can also be purchased at your nearest AXIS Bank branches. You may find out their nearest marketing office online at www.ibsindia.org/admissions.html# & avail the bulletin by paying the requisite amount of cash.
Read more IBSAT Registration
IBSAT 2017 Application Fee
- The application fee for IBSAT 2017 is INR 1800 for all categories.
- Candidates can pay it online via credit card/ debit card or net banking (for online applicants).
- Candidates registering via offline mode can pay by cash at the designated center while buying IBSAT application form.
IBSAT 2017 Slot Booking
For IBSAT 2017, candidates are required to choose a date and time slot as per their preference. The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first-come-first-serve basis. The steps to book a slot for IBSAT are as follows:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2017 i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Enter your Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2017 Exam Center from the drop-down list for Test centers
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2017. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- IBSAT 2017 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
Know more: IBSAT Slot Booking
IBSAT 2017 Admit Card
The Admit Card for IBSAT 2017 will be available from December 2017 onwards. It is generated just after the slot booking process completes. The steps to download the same are explained below.
- Visit IBSAT Official Website.
- Go to the official link for downloading Admit Card i.e.ibsat.org/admitcard/login.asp
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the link ‘Download IBSAT 2017 Admit Card’
- Download and take few printouts of the Admit Card for future reference
Note: One must keep a valid photo ID proof along with them on the day of the exam. Some of the valid Id proofs are:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- College ID
- Election/Voter card
Read more about IBSAT Admit Card
IBSAT 2017 Exam Centers
IBSAT is held across nine ICFAI Business School (IBS) campuses. Candidates can select the preferred exam center at the time slot booking process. The list of IBSAT 2017 exam centers is given below:
|IBSAT 2017 Exam Centers|
Check all IBSAT Exam Center
IBSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- IBSAT 2017 is set to be conducted from December 21 to 24, 2017.
- It will be conducted in online mode only.
- The total duration of IBSAT 2017 is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- There are a total of 125 objective questions in the exam.
- As for IBSAT Marking Scheme, all the correct answers will be given 1 mark while there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- There are 4 main sections in the paper viz. Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI).
- There is no sectional time-limit in IBSAT.
- The section-wise distribution of questions is mentioned in the table below:
|Sections in IBSAT 2017 exam||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||50||50|
|Reading Comprehension (RC)||30||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||30||30|
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI)||30||30|
Read complete IBSAT Exam Pattern
IBSAT 2017 Mock Test
IBS provides a mock test facility to the candidates so that they can check their preparation for IBSAT 2017. Through this test, candidates can check which section they have done easily and which needs more preparation. IBSAT Mock Test is available at the official website. Candidates can easily access this by providing their details in the field. Candidates can click here or copy the url http://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2017/mocktest/login.asp for practicing the IBSAT 2017 mock test.
IBSAT 2017 Result
- IBSAT Result is released by ICFAI Business School each year.
- The result for IBSAT 2017 will release on January 2, 2018.
- Candidates can visit the official website (ibsindia.org) to download their scorecard.
- The scorecard contains a candidate’s sectional and total marks obtained in the exam.
- Candidates clearing IBSAT Cut off will be called for further selection rounds (GD/PI).
How to Check IBSAT Result?
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2017 i.e .ibsindia.org
- Click on the ‘IBSAT Results’ tab
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- View and Download IBSAT 2017 Scorecard
- Download it for further use
Check now IBSAT Result
IBSAT 2017 Cut Off
- Post release of the result, ICFAI will release the official IBSAT Cut off 2017 in the second week of January 2018.
- Some of the factors that affect IBSAT Cut off include previous years’ cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test takers etc.
- IBSAT Cut off is different for all the different IBS Business Schools.
- The cut off for IBSAT helps filter candidates for the subsequent rounds of selection- Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The expected IBSAT 2017 Cut off will fall between 55 (lowest)-95 (highest).
- The table below highlights the tentative cut off for the various IBS Business Schools based on statistics from 2016:
|IBS College||Opened Rank||Closing Rank|
IBSAT 2017 Selection Procedure
After the result of the written exam is out, qualifying candidates proceed to the subsequent selection rounds. These include GD/PI rounds, generally held at the Hyderabad campus. For IBSAT 2017, the selection rounds will take place from February 20- 26, 2018.
Stages of IBSAT Selection Process
Stage 1- Registration
- Candidates securing the minimum cut off marks can proceed towards registering themselves for the further rounds of IBSAT Selection Procedure.
- To register, you may visit the official website once the cut off is out.
- A link will be provided on the official website during that time.
Stage 2- Selection Briefing
- The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS.
- It is conducted introduce the shortlisted candidates about all the programmes offered at the IBS Business Schools.
- Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from January 13- 17, 2018.
Stage 3- Group discussion
- Selected candidates will be invited for group discussion at IBS Hyderabad.
- During the group discussion round, factors that help fetch marks include Leadership, Optimistic outlook, and Negotiation Skills.
- For group discussion, all the participants are divided into a group of 8-10 people.
- Candidates provide topics or case study to discuss for 15-20 minutes.
- Apart from only reading the current affairs, candidates should read newspapers and business magazines to clear the group discussion round.
Stage 4- Personal Interview
- Candidates who successfully crack the GD Round are called for the final round i.e. Personal Interview.
- In this round, a candidate’s communication skills, confidence level, attitude, and aptitude are tested.
IBSAT Colleges 2017
- IBSAT test is conducted for admission in the MBA/PGPM programmes offered by various ICFAI business schools.
- While the selection rounds of all these colleges is same, they differ in their cutoff marks.
- All candidates securing a seat in the final merit list are allotted one of IBSAT Colleges.
- The following is the list of institutes who accept IBSAT scores:
|Name of Institute||State|
|IBS Business School||Mumbai|
|IBS Business School||Gurgaon|
|IBS Business School||Ahmadabad|
|IBS Business School||Hyderabad|
|National School of Business||Bangalore|
|IBS Business School||Bangalore|
|IBS Business School||Pune|
|IBS Business School||Dehradun|
|International Institute of Business Studies||Karnataka|
|National School of Business||Karnataka|
|IBS Business School||Kolkata|
|Thadomal Shahani Centre For Management||Mumbai|
|IBS Business School||Bhubaneswar|
|IBS Business School||Kochi|
|IBS Business School||Indore|
|IBS Business School||Mohali|
|IBS Business School||Nagpur|
|IBS Business School||Noida|
Ques. What are the courses offered through IBSAT?
Ans. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 4-year Ph. D program (Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses - Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur
Ques. Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
Ans. Yes. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to all programs of IBS at 95 test centers all over India. It is 2hr computer based test. IBSAT 2017 test is scheduled from December 21-24, 2017.
Ques. Will IBS provide any Mock Tests?
Ans. Yes. Mock Tests are provided for the candidates to familiarize with IBSAT 2017 Exam Pattern. These mock tests are available on ibsindia.org from September 2017 onwards.
Ques. What are the specifications for the photograph to upload during IBSAT Registration?
Ans. You must upload a colored photograph, full face till the shoulder, in jpeg or gif format. The photograph size should not exceed 25KB and should be approximately 140 – 160 pixels.
Ques. What is the fee structure of IBS programs?
Ans. MBA / PGPM Program:
- IBS Hyderabad: Rs. 6.250 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur: Rs. 2.55 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Mumbai, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Kolkata, IBS Pune : Rs.3.63 lakhs per annum.
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/ MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of a query?
Ans. In case of queries you may contact the authority through any of the below mediums:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills,
Punjagutta Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone: + 91-40-2344 0963;
Toll Free No: 1800 425 55 66 77