IBPS PO Application Process 2017
IBPS PO Application Process will commence in the month of May/ June 2017. Candidates have to visit the official portal of IBPS i.e. www.ibps.in to get themselves registered for the bank exam. Before filling in IBPS PO Application Form, it is necessary to go through IBPS Eligibility Criteria.
Listed below are some quick facts related to IBPS PO Application Process:
- Registration for the exam can be done via online mode only.
- The whole process involves 3 major steps- Filling of Details (Personal and Education Information), Uploading Documents and Fee Payment.
- Candidates can check the status of their application by visiting the official website of IBPS and enter the login ID and Password.
- Post successful registration for the PO Exam, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will issue the admit card. To download the same, candidates have to visit the official website and provide the required credentials. Know more about IBPS PO Admit Card
IBPS PO Exam Dates 2017
The official notification for IBPS PO 2017 is yet to be released by IBPS. But, the exam dates for IBPS Prelims and Main is released. Candidates can check the IBPS Exam Dates to know about the events for the banking exam:
|Availability of IBPS PO Online Application Form||June 2017|
|Closure of IBPS PO Online Registration||June 2017|
|Last Date to Edit the IBPS PO Form||June 2017|
|Last date to Print the IBPS PO Form||June 2017|
|IBPS PO Application Fee Payment||June 2017|
How to Apply Online for IBPS PO 2017?
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), conducting body of the exam will release IBPS PO Online Application Form shortly. Interested candidates have to visit IBPS official website in order to apply online. The whole process involves the following steps:
- Register as a new user by providing required details.
- A Provisional Registration No. and password will be generated by the system. Note them down for future purposes.
- Upload scanned images of a photograph and signature.
- Enter detailed information about the choice of IBPS PO 2017 Exam Center and choice of recruitment to desired participating banks.
- Review the complete IBPS PO Application Form. Carry out the fee payment to complete the registration. Each step is elaborated below:
Step 1: Registration for IBPS PO
- Visit ibps.in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT’.
- Click on the option ‘Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT- VII)’.
- Click on ‘Click Here for New Registration’ tab to register their application by entering their basic information in online application form.
- Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated and displayed on the screen. Note down the Provisional registration number and password. An email and an SMS indicating the credentials will be sent.
Note: The registration ID and password is unique and must not be shared with anyone.
Step 2: Filling Details
- Fill in the required details (Personal and Education Information). Enter all the necessary details- Name, nationality, mobile number; Qualifications and Experiences. Also, enter the choice of IBPS PO Exam Center with correct state code for both preliminary and main examination. After filling the details, click on ‘I agree’ to declare that the information entered in the form is authentic and true.
Note:Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Next step is uploading of photograph and signature as per the specifications are given in the Guidelines.
- A candidate has to re-login into their account to upload their scanned photograph and signature
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- After final submission of IBPS PO Online Application, submit IBPS PO Application fee.
- There are various payment modes available namely Debit Card, Credit Card, IMPS, Net Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- After verification, click on Pay. Hence, the registration for IBPS PO exam will be final.
Step 5: Confirmation
- This is the last step of IBPS PO Online Application Process. After the final submission and payment, an additional page of IBPS PO Online Application is displayed. Enter the requisite details by following the instructions mentioned. An e-receipt is generated after the successful payment of fee. Print the e-receipt and IBPS PO Online Application Form displayed on the screen.
Note: In case of unsuccessful transaction or non-payment of application fee, candidate must re-login using the provisional number and password to repay the fee by carrying out the process in step 4 mentioned above.
Pre- Requisites for Filling IBPS PO 2017 Application Form
Candidates are required to upload the photograph and signature in JPEG format during registration. One must check that the required documents are clear as IBPS PO Online Application with unclear images will be rejected. The documents related to the mode chosen for fee payment must also be kept ready for IBPS PO Online Application.
It is important to provide a valid and personal e-mail ID which must be kept active throughout the rounds of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS PO Admit Card will be sent on the e-mail ID provided. Listed below are all the important documents that one needs to keep ready while applying online for IBPS:
|Recent Colored white background|
|Dimensions- 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|File Size- 20Kb – 50 Kb|
|Pixels- 200 x 230|
|White sheet using Black Ink pen|
|Dimensions- 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|File Size- 10Kb – 20 Kb|
|Pixels- 140 x 60|
IBPS PO 2017 Application Fee
Candidates can remit the application fee for IBPS PO only through online mode. One can choose any gateway among Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro) or Credit Card or Internet banking or IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets. Candidates are required to print a copy of the e-receipt received after paying the fee online. The bank will charge an extra amount or tax on the online transaction which is to be paid by the candidate.
IBPS Application Fee is different for the unreserved category and reserved category candidates. The table below gives the application fee for different categories:
|Category||Application fee for IBPS PO 2017|
|SC/ST/PwD Category||INR 100|
|Unreserved Category||INR 600|
Important Instructions for IBPS PO Application Process
- Candidates must note that they can use the provisional number and password to reopen the account and enter the details as per the convenience. But this facility will be available only thrice; after that, no changes can be made.
- Post payment of fee or submission of the asked information, wait for the intimation from the server and do not press back or refresh button. By doing this, you can avoid double charge and successful submission of payment.
- For Credit Card Users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. After completing the process of IBPS PO exam, candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form to ensure the accuracy of the details mentioned and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the IBPS/ Banks.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee / intimation charges to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability/ failure to log on to the IBPS PO website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
- IBPS does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the IBPS.
- Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.
IBPS PO 2017 Application Edit
The information entered in the IBPS PO Online Application can be edited only prior to the final submission. The candidates get a chance to preview the IBPS PO Online Application after filling the details for reviewing purpose. The candidates must review and check if there is any wrong entry in the IBPS PO Application Form. The candidate can correct the errors by logging in using the provisional number and password.
The candidates must check and verify each detail before final submission. The visually impaired candidates must ensure that the information entered in the IBPS PO Online Application is true and correct by getting it checked properly by the person entering the details. The basic information entered during the IBPS PO Online Registration cannot be changed at any step of the IBPS PO Application Process.
IBPS PO 2017 Application Form Details
The details asked in IBPS PO Online Application must be entered carefully as they cannot be modified after final submission of the IBPS PO 2017 Application Form. The table below mentions the details of the IBPS PO Online Application Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Category||Choose any one among the given categories|
|Category Code||Select appropriate category code|
|SC (OH)- 02|
|SC (VH)- 03|
|ST (OH)- 05|
|ST (VH)- 06|
|OBC (OH)- 08|
|OBC (VH)- 09|
|GEN (OH)- 11|
|GEN (VH)- 12|
|Religion||Select the appropriate religion from the drop down|
|Number of times appeared for IBPS PO||Enter the correct number of attempts for IBPS PO|
|Aadhar Card Details||Mention if you have Aadhar Card or not and its number|
|Nationality||Mention correct nationality|
|IBPS PO exam Center for Preliminary Examination||Mention State, State Code and Select the Center from the drop down|
|IBPS PO exam center for Main Examination||Enter State and State Code of the center; Select the center from the drop down|
|Father’s Name||Enter first name, middle name and last name in maximum 35 characters each|
|Mother’s Name||Mention first, middle and last name in not more than 35 characters each|
|Correspondence Address||Mention correct address in maximum 35 characters|
|State||Choose the State from the drop down|
|Pin code||Enter the correct 6 digit pin code|
|Permanent Address||Mention the permanent address if different from the Correspondence address in maximum 35 characters|
|State||Select the state from the drop down|
|Pin code||Enter correct 6 digit pin code|
|Type of Bachelor’s Degree||Mention the graduation degree|
|Subject/Stream||Mention the subject of the bachelor programme|
|Date of Passing||Mention the date of passing the degree in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Percentage of Marks||Enter the percentage obtained|
|Name of Employer||Name of company where you are working presently followed by the older one in maximum 35 characters each|
|Designation||Position at the company|
|Date of joining and leaving||Mention the joining and leaving date in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Years of Service||Mention the work experience in the format YY/MM|
|Language Known||Enter the languages known (multiple entries allowed)|
|Organization Preference Details||Mention the preferred organizations (any number of entries)|
General Instructions for IBPS PO 2017 Application Process
- Candidate is not allowed to submit multiple applications for IBPS. In case of multiple applicatio, the latest complete application will be retained by the conducting authority and the already paid application fee for other IBPS PO Online Applications will stand forfeited.
- Candidates must note that any application which is registered once cannot be withdrawn. The application fee paid for the submitted IBPS PO Online application will not be refunded under any circumstances nor will be held reserved for any other examination.
- Any request for change of address, details mentioned in the online application form will not be entertained.
- Candidate must ensure that the signatures appended on the call letter or attendance sheet etc. in the IBPS or any organization must be identical. Any variation in the signature can lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidate must upload the documents in the mentioned format and size in the IBPS PO Online Application. The candidates must retain the copies of the same photograph as it can be used at various stages of the Common Recruitment Process. If the candidate fails to produce the same photograph at any stage, he/she may get disqualified.
- Candidates must not change their appearance till the process complete as doubt about disqualification can lead to detention from the IBPS PO exam.
- The participating organizations or IBPS will not be responsible for change of information or any incorrect information in the IBPS PO Online Application. Thus, the candidates are advised not to share the application details with anyone.
- Candidates will be intimated about any latest update or changes in the IBPS PO exam on the mobile number and e-mail ID provided during the IBPS PO Online Registration. The conducting body must not be held responsible for non-receipt of any information. The candidates must keep in touch with the official website of IBPS.
- Order of preference for Participating Organizations has been inbuilt in the IBPS PO Online application form. Candidates should necessarily indicate their order of preferences at this stage. No request for change in this connection shall be entertained.
IBPS PO 2017 Vacancies
There are a varying number of IBPS PO Vacancies depending upon the category of a candidate. The total number of vacancies currently available is 8822. Out of the total number of seats, candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) have 1338 vacancies.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) have 665 vacancies. For Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates 2319 vacancies are available. The highest number of vacancies are for the unreserved category candidates i.e. 4500 vacancies.
Know About IBPS PO Participating Organizations and Vacancies