IBPS PO 2017 - Notification, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
IBPS PO is a national level competitive exam by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) for recruiting Probationary Officers and Management Trainees in various public sector banks. Nearly 14 lakh candidates register for IBPS Exam each year. IBPS PO is a two-tier exam - Prelims and Mains. As per IBPS PO 2017 Official Notification, Prelims is scheduled from Oct. 7, Oct. 8, Oct. 14 and Oct. 15. Read IBPS PO 2017 in Hindi
Listed below are quick facts related to IBPS PO:
- The last date for downloading IBPS 2017 Admit Card (Prelims) is October 14, 2017. CheckIBPS PO Exam Dates
- As per IBPS PO Eligibility, it is important to secure a minimum of 60% marks in graduation from a recognised University by the Government of India.
- All candidates who register successfully can appear for IBPS PO 2018 (Prelims) in October 2017.
- IBPS PO Pre-exam Training for reserved category candidates will commence from September 23, 2017.
- Bank PO exam is conducted online in three phases namely Preliminary, Mains and Interview. CheckIBPS PO Exam Pattern
- The final selection of candidates is done on the basis of their scores in Mains and interview. CheckIBPS PO 2017 Cut Off
Highlights of IBPS PO
|IBPS PO Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers exam|
|Conducting Authority||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Posts Offered||Probationary Officer (PO) / Management Trainee (MT)|
|Number of seats offered||Approx. 3500|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of Exam|
IBPS Prelims- 1 hour
IBPS Mains- 3 hours & 30 minutes
|Salary Offered||INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in hand salary)|
|IBPS PO Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
What is new in IBPS PO 2017?
- This year, out of 20 participating banks, only 9 banks are recruiting namely Andhra Bank, Allahabad Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, UCO Bank and Union Bank of India.
- Vacancy for Probationary Officers or Management Trainees is likely to increase as 4 banks namely Dena Bank, Indian Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and Punjab National Bank have not yet reported about their recruitment status.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has introduced another major change in IBPS PO Exam Pattern. Just like SBI PO, IBPS has introduced a descriptive paper in the Mains examination for selection. CheckNew IBPO Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Dates
IBPS PO 2017 Official Notification has been finally released by IBPS at www.ibps.in. The last date to register for Bank PO concluded on September 05, 2017. Tabulated below are important dates for IBPS PO:
|IBPS PO CWE VII Official Notification||August 10, 2017|
|Release of IBPS PO 2017 Application Form||August 16, 2017|
|Last Date to fill IBPS PO 2017 Application Form||September 05, 2017|
|Issue of IBPS PO Pre-Exam Admit Card||September 13 – 29, 2017|
|Pre-Exam Training Date||September 23 – 29, 2017|
|Issue of IBPS PO Admit Card 2017 for Prelims||September 21 – October 14, 2017|
|Date of IBPS PO 2017 CWE VII (Prelims)||October 7, 8, 14 and 15, 2017|
|IBPS PO Result of Preliminary CWE VII||October 2017|
|Download of Call letter for Mains CWE||November 2017|
|Date of IBPS PO CWE VII (Mains)||November 26, 2017|
|IBPS PO Result 2017 will be announced in||December 2017|
|IBPS PO Interview Call Letters will be released in||January 2018|
|IBPS PO Interview Date||January/ February 2018|
|Provisional Allotment will be done in||April 2018|
IBPS PO Eligibility 2017
Before filling IBPS Online Application for PO, candidates must ensure that they meet the prescribed IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria. Candidates have to fulfill the minimum age requirement, academic qualification and citizenship criteria to be eligible for the IBPS PO. Here are the basic conditions that a candidate must fulfill:
- Candidate must be an Indian National or can be a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who have settled in India.
- Migrated candidates from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling in India are eligible to apply for IBPS PO exam.
- Possession of a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university by Indian Government or Central Government.
- Possession of Marksheet/Degree Certificate indicating the marks obtained in the degree program entered during IBPS PO Online Registration.
- Candidates pursuing the final year of their degree program can also apply for IBPS PO.
- The minimum age requirement to apply for IBPS PO is 20 years, whereas the upper age limit is 30 years.
- The age requirement can be relaxed depending upon the category of candidate.
- The table below mentions the upper age relaxation for various categories in IBPS:
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe||05 years|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||03 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||05 years|
|The original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||05 years|
|The people affected in the 1984 riots||05 years|
IBPS PO Application Form 2017
- Application Form of IBPS PO 2017 will be available in online mode only.
- For both Preliminary and Main exam, there will be a single window for registration, wherever applicable.
- IBPS PO Application Form is available on the official website of IBPS i.e. www.ibps.in.
Steps to Fill IBPS PO Application Form
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the Official website of IBPS (ibps.in)
- Click on the tab CWE PO/MT VII.
- Follow the link ‘New Registration’ and fill in all the required details.
- Then, enter the security code and click on Save and Next.
- A provisional registration number and password will be displayed on the screen.
- It is also sent via SMS and E-mail to the candidate.
- Preserve the same for the further process.
Step 2: Upload Required Documents
- Use provisional ID and Password to login again.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications.
Step 3: Fill personal details
- Enter your basic information such as category code, nationality, IBPS PO Exam Center choice, name, academic details etc.
- After filling all the information, the candidate has to click on ‘I agree’ in the declaration to assure that the information entered is true.
- Preview complete application form before finally clicking on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 4: Fee Payment
- The Application fee payment is the last step to complete IBPS PO Registration.
- Application Fee is different for all the categories. It is given below:
- For SC/ST/PwD category - INR 100
- For other categories - INR 600
- The Application fee for IBPS PO can be remitted only through online mode which includes payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/IMPS or Mobile Wallets/Cash Cards.
Step 5: Confirmation
- An additional page of IBPS PO Online Application will open after successful fee payment.
- Candidate has to enter the details asked to generate the e-receipt.
- Print the e-receipt and IBPS PO Application Form 2017 displayed on the screen.
IBPS POAdmit Card 2017
- Admit Card for IBPS PO Prelims will be available for download in September 2017.
- IBPS PO Admit Card for Mains will be available in November 2017.
- The Hall Ticket is to be downloaded from IBPS official website - ibps.in.
- No candidate will receive IBPS PO Admit card via e-mail or post.
How to download IBPS PO Admit Card?
Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in
Step 2: Follow the link to download IBPS PO Admit Card 2017
Step 3: Enter the provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process.
Step 4: Verify the details on the IBPS Admit card
Step 5: Print multiple copies
Note:The Admit card will be different for the pre-exam training, preliminary and main examination.
IBPS PO Exam Center
- IBPS is the allocating authority which reserves the right to allocate an IBPS PO Exam Center to all candidates.
- The allotted Exam Center will be indicated on the IBPS PO Admit Card.
- Candidates have to mention their choice of IBPS PO Exam Center during the Application Process while filling the details in the Registration Form.
- Candidates have to mention the choice of IBPS PO Exam center for both Preliminary and Main examination with the state code in which it is located.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2017
- IBPS PO is conducted in online mode each year.
- It is a two-stage entrance test (Prelims and Mains exam) for recruitment as a PO/MT.
- The questions will be in English and Hindi for each stage.
- Reserved category candidates and minority class candidates are provided with a pre-exam training by IBPS. It is free of cost training program conducted by IFBI (Institute of Finance, Banking & Insurance)
IBPS PO CWE VII (Preliminary Exam)
- IBPS has made no major changes in IBPS PO Prelims this year.
- This is the first stage in IBPS PO Exam.
- Marks secured in this stage will not be counted for the purpose of final selection.
- This is considered as the qualifying round for next stage i.e. IBPS PO Mains.
The following infographic explains the exam pattern of IBPS PO Preliminary Exam.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
IBPS PO CWE VII (Main Exam)
- Candidates qualifying Prelims exam will then have to appear for Mains exam.
- IBPS PO Mains is scheduled for November 26, 2017.
- It is divided into 4 sections namely Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Interpretation & Analysis and General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness.
- Mains Exam is followed by a descriptive test, having 2 questions based on Letter and Essay writing. Time allotted to complete this paper is 30 minutes.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each section|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Test (English Language: Letter & Essay Writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Result 2017
- IBPS PO Result 2017 will be declared separately for each stage.
- IBPS PO Result for Prelims will be out in October, while the result for Mains will be out in December 2017.
- Candidate who scores marks equivalent to the marks in IBPS PO Cut off for main examination qualify for the interview.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of candidates in different sessions of the main exam will be normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points will be taken for the purpose of calculations.
- There is a combined result or score for qualification to the provisional allotment process.
- It comprises of the marks obtained in main and interview taken together in the ratio of 80:20 (Main: Interview).
The steps to download IBPS PO Scorecard are given below:
- Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in
- Click on ‘CWE VII PO/MT’ tab
- Follow the link ‘IBPS PO 2017 Result’
- Enter the Registration ID, Password, and Date of Birth
- Verify and Click on Submit
- The scorecard is displayed which includes the maximum marks in each section, minimum cut off marks, and scores obtained by candidate.
- Download and Print IBPS PO Scorecard for further process.
IBPS PO 2017 Cut Off
- IBPS will release the result for Main phase of PO exam.
- Along with the marks of candidates, IBPS will also release the cut off score for the Main exam.
- IBPS determines the sectional and overall cutoff based on multiple factors such as- Number of participants, vacancies, maximum and minimum marks scored in the exam.
- The cutoff score for IBPS PO Main 2016 will be somewhere around 76 marks.
- Based on last years cutoff and the difficulty-level of the exam this year, we have prepared the expected cutoff range for the different categories.
|Category||English Cut off||Reasoning Cut off||Quantitative Aptitude Cut off||Computer Knowledge Cut off||Banking Awareness Cut off||Overall (±10)|
IBPS PO Selection Process
The main process for recruitment to the desired participating organization is IBPS PO Selection Process. Candidates are shortlisted for the vacant position in the bank depending upon their performances in pre, main and interview. Thus, IBPS PO Selection Process is a three-stage process which are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main examination
Preliminary Exam and Main Exam are both computer-based tests and are objective in nature. While Prelims exam is only qualifying in nature, marks scored in Main examination will be considered during the final selection. Candidates who qualify the main examination for IBPS PO are eligible to appear for the interview.
- Minimum marks required to qualify the interview is 40% (35% for reserved candidates).
- Candidates are selected on the basis of the 80:20 ratio of Main: Interview.
- Qualified candidates after interview are selected for the provisional allotment process.
- A combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview after completion of all the stages.
IBPS PO 2017 Provisional Allotment
The provisional allotment process for IBPS PO is done after the interview round. Some of the important points regarding the allocation process are given below:
- Post declaration of the combined scores, IBPS will consider the vacancies in each participating organizations and the preference of the candidate mentioned in the IBPS PO Application Form.
- IBPS initially allocates shortlisted candidates to one of the participating institutes based on merit-cum-preference basis provisionally.
- Selection of any reserved category candidate on same standards as a general candidate will be treated as own merit candidate.
- No reserved category is eligible to get allotment in the unreserved category even if they score marks equivalent to or merely higher than the last allotted unreserved category.
- If a candidate doesn’t exercise the relaxation applicable for reserved candidates, they have to score marks equivalent to cut off of the unreserved category candidates.
- In case of a tie, the age of candidate is considered as a tie-breaker i.e. candidate who is older in age is given preference.
- Candidates have to satisfy the eligibility and identity verification of the allocated institute. In case of any discrepancy at any stage, the candidature will be cancelled.
- IBPS is responsible for selection, re-allocation, and cancellation of allotted seat depending upon the exigencies.
- The issuance of appointment letter including the terms and conditions, verification formalities, joining date etc. is done by the participating organization and is considered final.
- This is an All India cadre and provisionally allotted candidates (subject to fulfilling all required criteria) may be posted anywhere in India/ outside India as per discretion of the participating organization.
IBPS PO 2017 Participating Organizations
- The total number of vacancies for candidates appearing in IBPS PO 2017 is 3582.
- IBPS PO 2017 Vacancies will vary according to the participating organisation and the category of candidate.
- Out of the total number of vacancies available for recruitment, maximum are in Canara Bank (1350) followed by Andhra Bank (625) and UCO Bank (530).
- Corporation Bank has no vacancies reserved for OBC category
Tabulated below are the vacancies offered by every participating organization for each category:
|Bank Name||SC||ST||OBC||Gen||Total||Out of Which PwD|
|Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Bank of India||30||15||54||101||200||2||2||2||2|
|Bank of Maharashtra||15||7||27||51||100||0||3||1||0|
|Central Bank of India||15||8||28||49||100||1||1||1||1|
|Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab and Sindh Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Union Bank of India||83||34||78||127||322||14||3||13||11|
|United Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
IBPS PO 2017 – FAQs
Ques. Can I appear for the exam in offline mode?
Ans. No, there is no provision of taking the exam in offline mode. All desirous candidates have to appear for IBPS PO (Prelims and Mains) in online mode only.
Ques. I am 31 years of age. Can I apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. No, the age bracket set by IBPS is 20-30 years. Any candidates crossing the upper age-limit is not eligible to apply.
Ques. Is IBPS PO exam conducted only for Probationary Officer post?
Ans. No, IBPS PO exam can also be taken if you wish to get recruited as a Management Trainee (MT).
Ques. I am awaiting my Graduation result. Can I apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. No, you can not. However, if your result is declared before the registration window closes, then you definitely can.
Ques. I have secured 55% in my Graduation. Can I apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, you can. There is no minimum percentage required to apply for the exam
Ques. What does sectional cut off mean in IBPS PO?
Ans. Sectional cut off mandates you to secure the required marks in every section, in order to secure a seat for the Interview.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of a query?
Ans. In case of any questions/ queries, you may contact the conducting authority at:
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
IBPS House, 90 feet, D.P.Road
Off. Western Express Highway, P.B. No. 8587
Kandivali, Mumbai- 400101
Phone- 1800 222 366