HPU MAT 2018- Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test
HPU MAT is a state level entrance test which is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School for admissions to various management programs. The exam is conducted once every year for admissions usually in the month of May-June.
- HPU MAT helps get admission to Himachal Pradesh University Business School in MBA courses.
- HPUBS admits 120 students for MBA courses out of which 60 seats are for general category students while the other remaining 60 are for reserved categories.
- Minimum of 55% in any bachelor’s degree is required for giving the exam which is relaxed to 45% for reserved category students.
- Candidates can fill HPU MAT 2018 Application Form online as well as offline and the admit card is issued a few days prior the exam date.
- HPU MAT 2018 Results will be announced on the official website of HPUBS which is followed by the counseling.
- The total marks are calculated of the exam as well as the counseling and the admissions are given on the basis of it.
HPU MAT (Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test) is an objective type exam consisting of 200 multiple choice questions which are divided into 4 sections that are English, critical reasoning, business environment and arithmetic comprehension and data skill with 50 questions in each of the sections.
HPU MAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of Exam||June 03, 2018 (tentative)|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh University Business School|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||MCQ based exam|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type and number of question||200 objective type questions|
|Sections||English Comprehension, Reasoning, Business environment, Arithmetic Comprehension and data skill.|
|Number of seats||120 seats in total|
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Dates
The dates for the examination along with group discussion and personal interview are announced on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University of Business School. The commencement of the admission process starts in the mid of May and ends in the mid of July.
|Last date for applying online||May 17, 2018|
|Release of Admit card||May 30, 2018|
|HPU MAT examination||June 03, 2018|
|HPU MAT results announcement||June 17, 2018|
|Interview/group discussion for reserved category||July 10 to 13, 2018|
|Declaration of final results for reserved category||July 15, 2018|
|Interview/group discussion for non-reserved category||July 17-22, 2018|
|Declaration of final results for non-reserved category||July 24, 2018|
*The dates for the counseling and result announcement are tentative.
HPU MAT 2018 Eligibility
Aspirants who wish to apply for HPU MAT entrance exam must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria’s-
- AGE LIMIT- The upper age limit for male candidates is 26 years whereas for females it is 28 years. The upper limit to candidates belonging to the SC/ST category for both male and female is 29 years.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION- The basic eligibility for a Student who wants to apply for the exam must have graduated with minimum 55% in any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The minimum percentage is relaxed to 45% for special category student. Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply only after they fulfill the selection criteria
- CITIZENSHIP/RESIDENTIAL CRITERIA- There are no specific limitations to a student’s nationality or residential status.
HPU MAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply online at www.hpubsshimla.org as well as offline for HPU MAT examination. The application process for HPU MAT 2018 is quite simple and easy to follow. Here are a few steps for assistance:
Online Application Mode
Candidates have to create an account on the website of the University.
- Log onto the official website of Himachal Pradesh University Business School.
- Click on the ADMISSIONS section and register yourself from through a valid e-mail ID.
- Once the ID is created then you can access the form to fill.
- The online application form is divided into the following categories:
- Personal information
- education and document details
- application summary
- Submit reference number and application form
- After filling the details click on the SAVE button. Candidates will receive a system generated registration number and password in the given mobile number and email ID.
- Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of their mark sheet and certificates as per the given specification.
- Maximum file size of the PHOTOGRAPH should be 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Scanned copy of the file name of CANDIDATES SIGNATURE should be of 10 characters with maximum file size should be 100 KB and only in .jpg or .jpeg format
- File name of the CNADIDATES PARENTS SIGNATURE should not increase 10 characters and should be 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Applicants MARKSHEET/CERTIFICATE should be of 2 MB only in PDF format.
- Application fee of INR 1000 can be paid online through debit/credit card or net banking in online registration.
Offline Application Mode
Students are required to buy the prospectus from the admissions counter at HPUBS counter.
- The application form is attached with it and can be filled and submitted at the counter with the application fee.
- In offline registration, the payment has to be done through a demand draft of INR 1000 in the favor of HPUBS payable at Shimla at the following address-
Himachal Pradesh University Business School Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005.
|General category||INR 1000|
|Postal request (General category)||INR 1050|
|Postal request(General category)||INR 550|
HPU MAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card for HPU MAT 2018 will be issued a few days prior to the exam date. The admit cards are sent to candidate’s address by post. Candidates can also download the HPU MAT 2018 admit cards from the official website of the college.
The admit cards are mandatory documents and must be taken to the examination venue. Candidates must thoroughly go through the admit card in case there are any printing mistakes should immediately contact the program coordinator. Admit card contains the following details-
- Candidates Name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s address
- Exam venue
- Exam time
- Exam date
Here are a few steps which will help you download the admit card from the official website-
- Log onto the official website of HPUBS, www.hpubsshimla.org
- A panel on your left appears on the page saying NOTICE BOARD.
- Click on the ADMIT CARD option from the panel.
- Fill in your registration number and password to view the admit card.
- Download several copies of it for future use and safety.
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Centers
HPU MAT is currently conducted in 8 cities and in various examination centers. The business school reserves the right to adjust the date/center of entrance examination. The examination centers can also vary from previous year depending upon the number of enrollment.
The exam is conducted at-
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Pattern
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Pattern can be viewed through these points-
- HPU MAT is of 2-hour duration which is a pen and paper test.
- The question paper is divided into 4 parts comprising of 50 questions each, making 200 questions in total.
- Each question comprises of 1 mark and the paper is of 200 marks.
- The paper is divided into English comprehension, reasoning, business environment and arithmetic comprehension and DI.
- There is no negative marking for any question.
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of questions||200|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||4|
HPU MAT 2018 Syllabus
HPU MAT is an objective type paper and students who wish to appear for it should prepare important topics of Mathematics and should also consider studying
- English- Comprehension and language
- General Awareness- Business environment and current affairs
- Quantitative Aptitude- Data interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension
- Reasoning- Critical reasoning and General intelligence
Students can also prepare themselves by solving previous year/reference papers and online tests etc.
HPU MAT 2018 Result
HPU MAT results will be declared in the mid of June after the exam is held and candidates can check their results online on the official website of HPUBS.
- Candidates can check their HPU MAT results by entering their login details on the official website.
- The conducting body announces the results through ranks/scores of candidates.
- Candidates must also not lose their roll numbers as it is the only source to access their results.
- Here are a few steps to check your results-
- Log onto the official website of HPUBS, www.hpubsshimla.org
- The page asks you to enter your login details.
- Enter your roll number and click on the search button.
- The results will appear on the screen. Candidates can download it and keep it for reference in their admission process.
The answer key and merit list is released by the officials for the examination online on its official website and can be easily downloaded from there only. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the website for latest updates on results.
HPU MAT 2018 Cut off
The cut off is the minimum marks a candidate has to score so as to qualify the next step of the selection procedure. HPU MAT cut off lists are given on the basis marks and are released by the university admission authorities on the official website of HPUBS.
HPU MAT cut off depends upon:
- the number of students giving the exams
- the number of candidates who cleared the exam
- difficulty level of the question paper
- number of seats available in the University.
The cutoff lists differ according to the different category of candidates. Here is the previous year’s cutoff list for reference-
|Open to all||30.75%|
|Single girl child||25.75%|
HPU MAT 2018 Counselling
Candidates are shortlisted based on their scores and are further called for university-based counseling which is held in the mid of July for both subsidized and non-subsidized seats.
It is an offline counseling conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School. Students must appear for the group discussion and the personal interview which is of 10 marks each. The results for the same are declared after a few days only. The result for subsidized seats is declared on July 15th 2018 whereas for the non-subsidized it is declared on July 24th 2018.
The final selection of HPU MAT after the counseling is done on the basis of the following procedure-
- Application rating -30 marks
- HPU MAT- 50 marks
- Group discussion- 10 marks
- personal interview- 10 marks
Selection procedure starts after the university announces the shortlisted students who cleared HPU MAT. The final selection is done after calculating the marks of every above-mentioned criterion and the process is followed by payment of fees and filling other details.
Prior to filling the application form for HPU MAT candidates must keep the following documents handy-
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Applicant’s signature
- Applicant’s parents signature
- Mark sheet/Certificates
- Valid email ID or Mobile number
|GD/Interview for subsidized seats||July 10-13, 2018|
|GD/Interview for non-subsidized seats||July 17-22, 2018|
|Result declaration for subsidized seats||July 15, 2018|
|Result declaration for non-subsidized seats||July 24, 2018|
* The dates for the counseling and result announcement are tentative.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College