HBSAT is an admission test conducted every year for all the interested candidates who wants to get admission in various postgraduate courses offered by GITAM Hyderabad Business School, GITAM (Deemed to be University) like MBA.
- Eligible candidates can apply for admission test by filling HBSAT 2018 Application Form by November 2017.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria is that a candidate should have minimum 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in MBA program.
- Students who have filled and submitted the application form are able to download the admit card from, ghbs.in.
- At the time of filling the application form, students can choose the examination center according to their preference. HBSAT will be conducted at 24 different exam centers.
- After the completion of the examination, HBSAT 2018 Result will be released in March 2018.
- Final selection of the student is based on their aggregate test scores, group discussion and personal interview scores.
HBSAT (Hyderabad Business School Admission Test) which is conducted by GITAM Hyderabad Business School, GITAM (Deemed to be University). HBSAT 2018 comprises 100 questions. The paper is divided into 5 sections. For every correct answer, students will be awarded 1 mark. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
HBSAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of HBSAT 2018||January 2018|
|Conducting Body||GITAM Hyderabad Business School|
|Mode of HBSAT 2018||Online|
|Duration of HBSAT 2018||90 minutes|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Must possess Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent|
HBSAT 2018 Exam Dates
The examination dates will be announced on the university official website. Students must keep visiting the website on regular basis to get the latest updates. Notification will be released on the university official website regarding the exam.
The following table shows HBSAT 2018 Dates:
|Availability of online Application Form||November 2017|
|Last date of submission of online application form||Mid December 2017|
|Availability of HBSAT 2018 Admit Card||January 2018|
|Date of HBSAT 2018||January 2018|
|Declaration of HBSAT 2018 Result||March 2018|
HBSAT 2018 Eligibility
HBSAT 2018 is conducted for those candidates who want to get admission in MBA course. Before appearing for HBSAT admission test, students are advised to check the eligibility. Following is the explanation of HBSAT 2018 eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who want to apply for MBA program must possess bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum aggregate 50% marks in any discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification achieved by the applicant must involve at least minimum 3 years education after completing higher secondary school under 10+2 system or equivalent
- Students appearing in their final year of Bachelor’s degree can also apply for admission, provided they furnish proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by August 20, 2017.
- Applicants may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce and Economics, Medicine or any branch of education are eligible to apply.
- Students with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates awaiting result are eligible.
- Students with valid MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT-2017 scores are exempted from HBSAT 2018
- The admission test conducted by Hyderabad Business School, HBSAT 2018 is also compulsory for those applicants who have not appeared for any other valid results
- Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates are also eligible they are required to take GMAT test center outside India.
HBSAT 2018 Application Form
Application form can be easily obtained from the university official website. It cannot be sent by post or courier. Students can access the application form in the month of November 2018. Students must ensure their eligibility criteria before start filling the application form.
Students can easily fill HBSAT 2018 Application form by following below steps:
- Visit the official website of Hyderabad Business School
- On the website homepage, click on the Apply Online button
- Fill the details like MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT score, Registration Number, Personal Details, Centre of Choice and other information
- The application fees for HBSAT 2018 is amount INR 600. Students need to pay the examination fees through Cash/ Demand Draft in person at the following address:
GITAM (Deemed to be Univeristy) City Office,
- DD can be sent by post enclosing DD or pay order drawn in favour of GITAM payable at Hyderabad
- Enter the details like DD/ Cash receipt number, date of issue, Bank Name and amount paid.
- Students have to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
Students are advised to enclose the photocopies of the following documents:
- 10th and 12th provisional certificates and mark sheets of qualifying examination
- MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT score cards/ admit cards
- Enclose the copy of DD
HBSAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card is a very compulsory document for those who are appearing in the admission test. Without admit card students are not eligible to appear for the exam. The University uploads the admit card on its official website. Candidates can download the admit card through online mode only.
It contains the personal as well as candidates’ information that they have entered while filling the application form. Students are advised to check the details written on the admit card very carefully. In the case of any discrepancy, students have to contact the higher authorities for rectification. Admit card is available to download in the month of January 2018.
Before proceeding to download admit card, students must have valid Registration Number and Date of Birth. By following below steps students can easily download HBSAT 2018 Admit card:
Visit the official website of GITAM Hyderabad Business School
- Then search for the Download Admit Card link
- Click on the Download Admit Card Button
- Students will be redirected to admit card page
- Enter the valid Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, admit card will be displayed on the screen as a pdf file. Students can download and take the print out of admitting card for future use. They must keep the admit card safe till the admission process completed.
HBSAT 2018 Exam Center
HBSAT 2018 will be conducted at 24 different exam centres. Students have the chance to choose the examination centre according to their preference. Final examination centre is printed on the admit card. Hyderabad Business School has all the rights to allocate different examination centre according to the availability of seats.
The following table shows the location of the different HBSAT 2018 Exam Centre:
HBSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Students are advised to check the examination pattern before start preparing for the test. They have to solve the previous year paper because it helps candidates to know about the type of questions asked in the examination.
The examination pattern of HBSAT 2018 is as below:
- The question paper will be divided into 5 sections namely Data Sufficiency, Mathematics Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
- The examination paper will consist of 100 questions and time allotted to complete the paper is 90 minutes
- The paper will be conducted through online mode. It will be available in English language only.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- No marks will be given or deducted for un-attempted questions
The following table shows the composition of the test:
|Section||No. of questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||5 (Data Sufficiency, Mathematics Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning)|
HBSAT 2018 Syllabus
For the better preparation of the examination, students must know the syllabus first. For scoring better marks, candidates are advised not to skip any of the topics from the syllabus. Questions in the paper are asked from the subject like Data Sufficiency, Mathematics Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
The following table shows the important topics related to HBSAT 2018:
|Data Sufficiency||Data interpretations|
|Mathematical Ability||Profit, Loss and Discount|
|Time and Work|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||Strong & Weak Arguments|
|Statements and Conclusions|
|Statements & Inferences|
|Logical Sequence of Words|
|Course of Action|
|Causes and Effects|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Series Missing Numbers|
|Odd one out|
|Direction and Distance test|
The following table shows the books names along with their author’s name that students can follow for preparing examination:
|Name of the Book||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M. Tyra|
HBSAT 2018 Result
After the completion of the examination, the result will be released. It will be announced in the month of March 2018. According to the students result merit list will be prepared. Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores.
Final selection of the student is based on the group discussion and personal interview. Students who are unable to clear the examination will not be eligible to appear for entrance exam. Students will not be eligible for the final selection round if they failed in the examination.
By following below steps students can download HBSAT 2018 Result:
- Visit the official website of Hyderabad Business School
- On the website homepage, search for the News/ Awards section
- Search for Result link, click on it
After clicking on the link, the result will be displayed in pdf format. Students are advised to download and take the printout of the result for future reference.
Cut off marks are the minimum marks required by candidates in order to qualify the admission test. Students are able to clear the admission test only if they have a score equal to or more than the cut off marks. If students score less than the cut off marks then they are not eligible for admission.
Based on the following factors cut off marks will be decided:
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates passed the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by a candidate in the entrance test.
- Reservation criteria of the Hyderabad Business School, GITAM
HBSAT 2018 Counselling
Counselling will be conducted at Institute level. Only those candidates will be called for counselling who have successfully cleared the admission test. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in HBSAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT or ATMA.
Apart from the entrance exams scores, students have to participate in group discussion followed by personal interview constitutes the final level of selection. Final selected students have to make an initial payment in order to confirm the admission. Candidates Managerial skills and communication skills are tested in Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Students must bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of HBSAT 2018
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Class X pass certificate for verification of age