GUJCET 2018 will be conducted tentatively in May, 2018. GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) is administered by GSEB (Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board every year. Through this entrance examination, deserving students are offered admission to the several engineering and diploma/degree pharmacy courses in the government, self finance and grant in aid institutes of Gujarat.
- GUJCET 2018 is a state level entrance examination.
- Candidates can appear for this examination after qualifying their 10+2 examination.
- The application form for GUJCET 2018 will release in April, 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form in the online mode.
- Incorrect information in the application form can result in the form getting cancelled. The application fee for GUJCET 2018 is 300 INR.
Candidates who have successfully applied for GUJCET 2018 can download admit card in May, 2018 from the official website of GSEB. Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to give the examination. GUJCET is a 3 hour long examination. It is a pen and paper based (offline) examination. Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination on subjects such as Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology.
Total 120 questions will be asked in the examination. There is negative marking in GUJCET 2018. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. The question paper of GUJCET will be provided in 3 languages: English, Hindi and Gujarati. The result will be announced two or three weeks after GUJCET 2018 examination.
GUJCET 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for GUJCET 2018 must know all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the entrance examination on time. The official dates have not yet released, but candidates can follow this tentative schedule to get an idea about the exam dates of GUJCET 2018. The important exam dates are listed in the following table:
|Notification of application form||April, 2018|
|Date of release of application form||April, 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form||May, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||May, 2018|
|Date of examination||May, 2018|
|Announcement of result||May/June, 2018|
|Date of counselling||June, 2018|
GUJCET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates interested in appearing for GUJCET 2018 should first check if they are eligible to apply for the entrance examination. Candidates need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance examination. There are some conditions and norms for every examination, which are fixed by the conducting authority. Candidates need to check if they satisfy the eligibility conditions before they proceed to fill the application form.
The eligibility criteria for GUJCET 2018 are as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India to apply for the examination.
- They should be a resident of Gujarat. Those candidates who stay outside Gujarat for certain purposes, but are actually residents of Gujarat are also eligible.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or any other recognized board.
- Applicants who will be appearing for 10+2 examination (Science Stream) in 2018 can also apply for GUJCET 2018.
- They must have passed 10+2 examination (Science Stream) with a minimum of 45% marks (general category) and 40% (reserved categories).
If candidates fail to satisfy the eligibility conditions, they cannot apply for GUJCET 2018 examination.
GUJCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for GUJCET 2018 examination must submit the application form before the last date. Candidates should be careful while filling the application form to prevent cancellation of the form. They should make sure that all the details they are entering in the application form are accurate.
The guidelines for filling GUJCET 2018 application form are as follows:
- The application form will be available in April, 2018 on the official website.
- Applicants are advised to fill the application form as soon as the form is available in the official website. They should not wait for the last date of submission of application form.
- Candidates need to fill the application form correctly. They need to enter all the details that are asked in the form. The conducting authority will not entertain incomplete application forms.
- If the conducting authority finds that the details entered in the application form do not match their documents, the form will get cancelled.
- After filling the application form, candidates need to upload their scanned signature and photograph in recommended specifications. Unclear scanned photographs can result in rejection of the application form.
- Candidates also need to upload some documents such as category certificate (if applicable) and mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must comply with the given instructions while filling the application form to prevent rejection of their application form.
- Before submitting the application form and making the payment of the application fee, candidates must verify if all the details furnished by them are accurate.
- Once the application form is submitted and the application fee is paid, no correction can be paid in the form.
- The application fee is 300 INR. This was the application fee in the last year. Changes can be made by GSEB in the application fee for GUJCET 2018.
- Candidates can make the payment through debit card/credit card/net banking.
- The application fee for GUJCET 2018 is nonrefundable.
Candidates must keep in mind that once the application form is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn. If candidates follow all the above guidelines, they will be able to successfully fill GUJCET 2018 application form.
GUJCET 2018 Admit Card
GUJCET 2018 admit card will be issued online by GSEB in May, 2018. It is the most vital document for appearing in the entrance examination. If candidates do not carry the admit card, they won’t be allowed to sit for the examination. Candidates who have successfully applied for the entrance examination can download the admit card from the official website. Candidates need to preserve the hall ticket till the process of admission gets over.
The steps to download GUJCET 2018 admit card is as follows:
- Visit the official website of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar (www.gseb.org).
- Click on ‘board website’.
- Search for the link that says ‘GUJCET 2018 hall ticket’.
- Click on the link. You will be redirected to the page where you can download the hall ticket.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on ‘submit’ button.
- Your GUJCET 2018 admit card will appear on your computer screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout of it.
The information that will be printed on your GUJCET 2018 admit card is as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Roll Number
- Coordinating institution
- Venue of test
- Date of test
- Paper wise timings
- Email ID.
- Important instructions for the examination.
Candidates must verify if all the details mentioned on the admit card are accurate. They should read the important instructions printed on the back of the admit card so that they don’t violate any of them on the day of examination. Candidates need to carry GUJCET 2018 admit card on the day of the examination to the test center. Apart from the admit card, candidates also need to carry one of the following documents with a photocopy:
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Employee ID
- College ID
One of these original documents is required on the day of examination for identity proof.
GUJCET 2018 Exam Center
There are 46 exam centers for GUJCET 2018. They are spread throughout Gujarat. The exam centers are private institutions and aided institutions located all over Gujarat that are affiliated to GBSE. During filling the application form, candidates can choose the exam center, according to their convenience from the given list.
The exam center will be mentioned on the admit card of candidates. Once the exam center is allotted, it will not be altered by the conducting authority. Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
GUJCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing in GUJCET 2018 examination must know the exam pattern so that they can be well prepared. It is a pen and paper based entrance examination. The exam pattern for GUJCET 2018 is given in the table below:
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language of question paper||English, Hindi, Gujarati|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
The subjects covered under GUJCET 2018 examination are Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology. The division of subject wise marks is listed in the table below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
All the subjects are given an equal amount of importance in the entrance examination.
GUJCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of GUJCET 2018 comprises topics from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology subjects. The syllabus of these subjects will be of the HSC level of GSEB board. Candidates can solve previous year question papers to score well in the entrance examination. Candidates must devote time all the subjects while preparing for the examination.
GUJCET 2018 Result
GUJCET 2018 results will be announced after two or three weeks of the entrance examination on the official website. Steps to check the GUJCET 2018 Result are given below: -
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the Results Link
- Enter your Roll Number
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Take a print-out of the GUJCET Result for future reference
GUJCET 2018 merit list will be prepared by GSEB. Candidates who will find their name in the merit list can appear for counselling procedure. The merit list is prepared by giving 60% weightage to the marks that candidates have scored in theory of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in 10+2 examination and 40% weightage to the marks candidates have scored in GUJCET 2018 examination.
GUJCET 2018 Cut off
GUJCET 2018 cut off is the minimum marks that candidates should obtain for qualifying in the examination. It will be released by the conducting authority in the official website during the announcement of results. There are several factors that affect GUJCET 2018 cut off. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Number of candidates
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Performance level of candidates
- Cut off marks of the previous year
Candidates can understand if they have qualified in the entrance examination after checking the cut off marks.
GUJCET 2018 Counselling
GUJCET 2018 counselling will take place in the online mode in June, 2018. Candidates must check the merit list after the announcement of results. Only candidates whose names are listed on the merit list will be called for counselling.
The counselling procedure will be organized by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses). Selected candidates have to attend the counselling. The documents that are required for counselling are as follows:
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- GUJCET 2018 Result
- Passport Size photographs
Candidates need to verify all these documents at the helpline centers. During the time of counselling, candidates can choose their preference for colleges. The final allotment of seats will be based on the merit of candidates, availability of seats and category. Candidates who have obtained high scores in GUJCET 2018 entrance examination will have higher chances of getting admission in their preferred college.