Graduate Management Aptitude Test for admission to a graduate management program, such as MBA and Masters in Finance related courses. It is conducted by Graduate Management Aptitude Council.
- ACADEMICS- Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized University.
- NATIONALITY- There are NO boundaries to the nationality of a candidate.
- AGE LIMIT- Candidate must be 18 years of age.
Candidate should be eligible to provide the following information before hand-
- Contact Information including Legal name, Address, Telephone, and Email Address.
- Background data including gender, ethnicity (United States), date of birth, Country of Citizenship.
- Payment data of GMAT examination.
- Identify data verified or collected at the test center such as government issued identification, a digital photograph, signature, palm vein pattern.
You can apply for the test anytime during the year and can set the appointment for the test as per your convenience. Here are a few steps to help you guide-
- Log onto the official website of Graduate Management Aptitude Council.
- Click on the tab written GMAT and select the REGISTER option.
- Choose the SELECT A GMAT EXAM option. Also, click on FIND A TEST CENTER after it.
- You will be provided the options for test center, the dates in the upcoming exam date and slot in which you can book your test.
- Make the payment for the application form through Net banking with your credit card or debit card to complete the application process
Registration is completely online and can be done from the official website of GMAC, www.mba.com. After registration, a candidate can schedule GMAT test according to his convenience and can also pick test center of their choice.
Candidates need to submit a payment of USD 250 or INR 15,868 as application fee for the examination.
|GMAT Entrance Examination||Applicants have the Flexibility to choose the exam date.|
|Registration for the Exam||1 month before the Entrance Exam|
|Result Declaration||Within 20 Calendar days |
|Medium of Examination||Online|
Eligibility as per Nationality
GMAT is an exam which can be given by all candidates worldwide. Therefore, there is no particular nationality criteria for it.
- There is NO particular NATIONALITY given by Graduate Management Admission Council.
- Candidate can belong to any Country or State to appear for GMAT.
- GMAT exam is administered worldwide in accordance with US applicable laws.
Eligibility as per Age Limit
Age criteria needs to be fulfilled by every candidate appearing for the examinaion. Few of the criteria has been mentioned below:
- Candidate must be 18 years of age
- There is NO upper limit to a candidate’s age to take the GMAT examination.
- If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you must get permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- If you do not get permission, you must provide written proof of your guardian’s consent prior to scheduling the exam.
Eligibility as per Academics/Education
Candidate from every field can give GMAT so a candidate should have basic educational qualification.
- Candidate must be proficient in English.
- Candidate must be a graduate of any recognized board or University.
Eligibility as per Program Opted
Candidates appearing for different programs should check the eligibility as per the program he/she opts for.
- GMAT scores are accepted by 600 universities across the globe.
- The University or Institute in which the candidate will take admission may have some eligibility conditions of their own.
- Eligibility condition may vary from University to University.
Number of Attempts
- Candidate can give 5 attempts in a year for GMAT
- Examination requires at least 31 days interval before a candidate makes his second attempt.
- GMAT scores will be valid for 5 years.
- You can take the GMAT test for 8 times in your lifetime according to the lifetime limit effective December 17th, 2016.
GMAT Reservation Criteria
Special reservation criteria’s are provided for students with disabilities. There are following measures that candidate needs to fulfill to acclaim this provision-
GMAT test taker, you are responsible for documenting all of the following with your application-
- The existence of an impairment that substantially limits a major life activity as compared with most people.
- The current impact of your impairment and how it limits your ability to take the computer- Adaptive GMAT exam under standard condition.
- A rational for why the accommodation is/are necessary and appropriate relative to your impairment
The following categories are considered under the disability criteria-
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- learning and Cognitive disorder
- Physical and systematic disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities
- sensor Disabilities (Hearing or Vision)
You can visit the following websites for more information on different disorders-
|Name of the Disability||Reference Website|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder||www.mba.com/GMATsupplementADHA|
|Learning and Cognitive Disease||www.mba.com/GMATsupplementLD|
|Physical and Systematic Disease||www.mba.com/GMATsupplementphysical|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College