GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018
GLS Institute of Design conducts DAT Entrance Examination for those students who are seeking admission in four years bachelors as well as five years master’s programs in the field of Fashion Designing, Communication Design, Environment Design and Product and Industrial Design.
- GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 is scheduled for April 23, 2018. The examination is conducted once in a year.
- Students are advised to check their eligibility criteria before appearing in the exam. Students who have cleared their 10+2 from state board or equivalent are only eligible to apply for the exam.
- For appearing in the entrance examination, students have to register themselves by filling online application form. The Last date to submit the filled in application form is on January 23, 2018.
- Students can download the application form by visiting the official website of GLS Institute of Design.
- GLS Institute of Design will issue the admit card only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application fee with application fee on time.
- GLS Institute of Design is responsible for publishing the result on its official website. Students can check their result through online mode only.
- Student’s selection is done on the basis of their performance in Design Aptitude Test and Personal Interview.
- On the basis of the student’s score in the entrance examination, merit list will be prepared.
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Highlights
|Date of DAT 2018 Entrance Exam||April 23, 2018|
|Conducting Body||GLS Institute of Design|
|Eligibility||Students must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from state board|
|Courses Offered||Fashion Design, Communication Design, Environment Design and Product and Industrial Design|
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Exam Dates
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Application Form can be filled through online mode only. Last date to fill the application form will be in January 2018. The following table shows the important dates related to all the events. Note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change:
|Last Date to submit the DAT 2018 application form||January 23, 2018|
|DAT 2018 Entrance exam is scheduled on||April 23, 2018|
|Interview will be scheduled on||April 23, 2018|
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Eligibility
Students must check their eligibility criteria before appearing in the examination. If student’s eligibility mentioned on the application form did not match then they will be disqualified from the examination. The eligibility criteria of GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 is as follows:
- Students must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from State Board/ CBSE/ CISCE/ IB
- Students must secure minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Application Form
Students have to carefully fill the application form and submit it on time. Application form submitted after the last date of submission will not be accepted. Students have to submit the application form on or before January 23, 2018. The Application form is available on the official website of GLS Institute of Design.
By following the below-mentioned steps, students will be able to fill the application form:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of GLS Institute of Design.
- Search for GLSID Admission Form 2018
- Click on the GLSID Admission Form 2018/ Registration Form button
- After clicking on the button, the form will be displayed on the screen.
Step 2: Filling of Details
- Students have to fill the personal details such as Candidate’s Name, Village, Town, Address, Gender, Category, Religion, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Work Experience Details, and Education Details, etc.
Step 3: Pay Application Fees
- Students can get the application form by paying the application fee of amount INR 2000.
- The application fees can be paid by Cash/ Demand Draft/ Cheque of any nationalized bank drawn in favour of “GLS Institute of Design” payable at Ahmedabad.
Step 4: Submission of Application Form
- Download and take the printout of filled in application form for future use.
- Students are advised to submit the duly filled application form along with the self-attested copies of documents and draft or cheque at the following address:
GLS Institute of Design
Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge,
Ahmedabad – 380006
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Admit Card
GLS Institute of Design issues admit card on its official website. Admit card contains all the details related to the entrance exam such as Date of the exam, Time of the exam, Venue of the exam etc. Students will not be allowed to appear for the examination without the admit card. So, candidates are advised to bring the admit card at the time of exam along with the valid ID proof.
Admit card will only be issued to those candidates who have submitted their application form on time along with the application fees. Students who will get the admit card are eligible for Design Aptitude Test (DAT). Students are advised to keep their admit card safe till the admission process ends.
Following is the list of details mentioned on the GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Admit card:
- Applicant’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Application Number
- Examination Date
- Examination Time
- Exam Venue
- Applicant Photograph
- Applicant Signature
- Exam Related Instructions
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Students must carefully check the examination pattern of the entrance exam before appearing in it. After knowing the examination pattern students can prepare for the entrance exam in better way. The questions in this exam are structured in such a way that they help to evaluate student’s:
- Observation power
- Utilisation of form
- Innovative ways to describe objects/environment
- Drawing skills
- Proportion sense
In the interview round, students are evaluated on the basis of below-mentioned parameters:
- Career Orientation
- Aptitude for the course
- Overall personality traits
- Overall personal achievements in academics & extra-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus GLS Institute of Design did not specify any syllabus for GLS DAT 2018. However, some topics should be considered as part of GLS Institute Design DAT 2018 Syllabus. The following table shows the important topics of DAT 2018:
|1||Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship|
|3||Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions|
|4||Colour, Pattern & Texture|
|5||Inspiration & Design Development|
|7||Elements & Principles of Design|
|8||Natural & Geometrical Form|
|9||Innovation in Design|
|10||Principles of Composition|
|12||Understanding Light & Shade|
|14||Developing Themes & Colour Associations|
|15||Inspiration & Creativity|
|16||Ornaments & motifs|
|17||Creative thinking & writing|
|20||Good Design vs. Bad Design|
|22||Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions|
|24||Usage of colour in Compositions|
|25||Expression & Emotion|
|27||Graphics & Pictograms|
|28||Innovation & Creation|
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Result and Selection Process
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 will display the entrance examination result on its official website. Students who will appear for the test can check their result on the official website. Student’s selection is based on their performance in Design Aptitude Test. All the shortlisted candidates will be called for appearing in Personal Interview/ Interaction in the Institute.
The result will be displayed in the form of merit list. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of students score in the entrance examination. On the basis of the student’s score, they will be ranked in the merit list accordingly.
By following below-mentioned steps students can easily check GLS Institute of Design DAT 2018 Result:
- Visit the official website of GLS Institute of Design
- Search for the link which navigates to the Merit list
- Click on the link
- Enter the required details
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the student’s screen. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission process completed. After the declaration of the result, the candidates will be issued offer letters for admission.
Students will be called for counselling on the basis of their ranks in the merit list. They must be physically present at the time of counselling otherwise seat will be allocated to other candidates. Candidates must bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification.
- Class 10 and class 12 Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of DAT 2018
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 pass certificate for verification of age
- In case result is awaited, evidence of appearing in qualifying exams
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Four passport size photographs similar to the one uploaded at the time of filling application form
- Self-attested photocopies of all the documents