GLAET is a university level examination conducted by GLA University. This test is organized for those students who want to get admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses like BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA, B.Tech and M.Tech etc. Student’s admission in these courses is totally based on their performance in GLAET.
- Entrance examination is conducted once in a year in the month of May.
- GLAET Examination is comprised of Multiple as well as Objective type questions.
- The paper is divided into four sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- The test is conducted through online mode only.
- Students have to carefully attempt all the questions because, for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
For appearing in the examination students have to fill the application form. The form can be easily available through both the online and offline modes. Students are advised to bring the admit card while appearing for the exam.
GLAET 2018 Highlights
GLAET 2018 Date of Exam
May 14, 2018
Mode of Exam
Medium of Exam
Duration of Exam
Type and Number of Questions
Multiple Choice and Objective Type Questions (Total 90 Questions)
4 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English)
Undergraduate Courses (B.Sc, B.Com, B.Tech, B.Pharm, BBA and B.Ed)
Postgraduate Courses (M.Pharm, MBA, MCA and M.Sc)
Number of Seats
GLAET 2018 Exam Dates
Students need to check the examination schedule first before appearing for the exam. It contains the schedule of events that are going to be held throughout the year. Students can check the exam dates on the official website of GLA University.
The following table shows the important dates related to GLAET entrance test:
|GLAET 2018||Exam Date|
|Online application form available from||January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018|
|Last Date to apply||June 15, 2018 (Tentative)|
|GLAET Exam Date||May 14, 2018|
|Result Declaration||May 29, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 20, 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling from||June 13, 2018 to June 14, 2018|
GLAET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should clear all the necessary qualification before appearing in the exam. It is mandatory for students to clear GLA entrance test. JEE Mains & JEE Advanced scores are also acceptable for admission in the GLA University.
- For getting admission in B.Pharm and D.Pharm courses, candidates must have age of 16 years as on December 31, 2017
- Students should have 17 years of age as on December 31, 2017 for getting admission in B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)
The following table shows the course wise basic eligibility criteria that students must fulfil for appearing in GLAET 2018 entrance test:
|Course||Qualifying Exam||Discipline||Minimum marks in Percentage for Gen/ OBC||Minimum marks in Percentage for SC/ ST|
|B.Tech||10+2||Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the Chemistry/ Computer Science||60%||55%|
|B.Pharm||10+2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Maths||50%||45%|
|D.Pharm||10+2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Maths||50%||45%|
|BBA (Honours)||10+2||Any Discipline||60%||55%|
|BBA (Family Business)||10+2||Any Discipline||50%||45%|
|B.Com (Honours)||10+2||Any Discipline||-||-|
|BCA||10+2||Any Discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 level||-||-|
|B.Sc (Honours) Biotechnology||10+2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology||50%||45%|
|MCA||Graduation||Any discipline with Mathematics at Graduation and 10+2 level||50%||45%|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||3 years bachelor degree in BCA, B.Sc with Mathematics as course at Graduation and 10+2 level||-||50%||45%|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||Biotechnology or Life Sciences stream||-||50%||45%|
|M.Sc Microbiology & Immunology||Biotechnology or Life Sciences stream||-||50%||45%|
|Diploma in Engineering||10th||Any discipline||50%||45%|
|M.Pharm||B.Pharm||-||Minimum 60% marks in B.Pharm|
|M.Tech||B.Tech/ M.Sc||-||Minimum 60% marks in B.Tech or 60% marks in MCA (for M.Tech computer science only) or 60% marks in M.Sc Physics (for M.Tech Engineering systems only)|
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||D.Pharm||-||With at least 55% marks|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Diploma or B.Sc (PCM)||-||Minimum 60% marks in 3 years diploma or B.Sc with 60% marks|
GLAET 2018 Application Form
Students can get the application forms either online or offline mode. Admission to all the courses is one through GLAET online entrance test. The online and offline registration process is different. By following the below steps students can apply for admission:
Online Registration Process
- Visit official website of GLA University
- Students have to pay entrance fees of INR 700 for all the courses but in the case of D.Pharm, Diploma in Engineering and B.Ed courses they have to pay INR 500.
- Online payment is done through Credit card, Debit card or Net banking.
- Offline payment can be made through cash or demand draft.
- After the successful registration, students will receive unique Registration ID and Password on registered e-mail id.
Offline Registration Process
- Students may download the registration form from the official website of the university.
- They have to send the filled in application form in an envelope along with the demand draft of INR 700 as application fees.
- Application fee amount depends on the course applied.
- Applicants have to mention their name and unique ID on the back of demand draft.
- On the back side of the envelope, students have to mention “Offline GLAET – 18 Registration for ‘name of the course’”.
- Students have to send the envelope to the admission coordinator at the following address:
Admission Coordinator, GLA University
17 Km Stone, NH-2, Mathura – Delhi Road,
P.O. Chaumuhan, Mathura- 281 406, UP
GLAET 2018 Admit Card
Students can download the admit card from the official website of the university. To download the admit card, students have to successfully fill and submit the application form before the last date. They need to carry the admit card in the examination center along with one valid photo identity card because without admit card and photo id proof candidates are not allowed to enter in examination hall.
The admit card has the basic information related to Applicants name, date of birth, exam center name, address, exam date, exam day, exam time, candidates photograph and signature etc. Students are advised to read all the instruction carefully before downloading it.
By following the below steps students can download the GLAET 2018 Admit card:
- Visit official website of GLA University
- Students need to login to their account
- They can find the link related to download admit card on the page
- Enter all the required information.
- Click on the submit button
After clicking on submit button, GLAET admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take a printout of the card for their future use.
GLAET 2018 Exam Centers
The university conducts GLAET entrance test in over 60 examination centers. Candidates have the chance to opt for the exam center of their choice while filling the application form. Once the exam center is selected cannot be changed later.
Following table shows the exam center locations which are as below:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Bhagalpur|
GLAET 2018 Exam Pattern
Students must check the exam pattern before start preparing for the entrance test. The entrance examination is based on the objective as well as multiple choice questions. There will be only one correct answer option among all choices.
- The time duration to complete the entrance test is 2 hours.
- The paper will be comprised
- 90 multiple choice questions
- 45 objective type questions will be from Mathematics
- 20 objective type questions will be from Physics subject
- 15 objective type questions will come from English subject
- 10 Questions will be from chemistry subject
- The test will be conducted through online mode only.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded
- For every wrong attempt, 1 mark will be deducted
The following table show the detailed examination pattern of GLAET 2018:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Mathematics (Algebra, Coordinate, Probability, Trigonometry, Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector, Statistics, Dynamics and Statistics)||40|
|English (Antonym, Synonyms, Spellings, Common Errors, One Word Substitutions, Sentence Completion, Preposition and Articles)||15|
GLAET 2018 Syllabus
To start study for an entrance examination student, need the exam syllabus. After knowing the syllabus, students can start planning for the exam and prepare according. It will help students to score high marks in the entrance test. The question in the test will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Subject.
The following table shows the detailed syllabus of GLAET 2018:
|Electro Magnetic Waves|
|Dual Nature of Radiation|
|Communication System Rotational Motion|
|Laws of Motion|
|Properties of Solids and Liquids|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Physics and Measurement|
|Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism|
|Atoms and Nuclei|
|Work, Energy and Power|
|Electromagnetic Induction and AC|
|Dual Nature and Matter of Radiation|
|Coordination and Bio – Coordination Compounds|
|States of Matter|
|Some Basic concepts in Chemistry|
|p ,d, f– Block Elements|
|Characterization of Organic Compounds|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Matrices and Determinants|
|Sequences and Series|
|Limit, Continuity and|
|Prepositions and Articles|
GLAET 2018 Result
Thousands of students come every-year for admission in GLA University. Before admission, students need to apply for online entrance test. The notification regarding the entrance exam is uploaded on the university official website. Students can check the entrance exam result from the official website. The result will be declared on May 29, 2018.
By following below steps students can check the GLAET 2018 Result:
- Visit official website of GLA University
- On the website menu bar, click on the Admissions tab
- Click on GLAET Result option
- Enter the Registration Number
- Click on the shows result button
After clicking on submit button, GLAET result will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take a printout of the result for their future reference.
GLAET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off is the minimum marks which candidates have to score to clear the entrance exam. On the basis of candidate’s scores, they will get admission in particular course. According to the cut off marks, eligible students can appear for the next rounds of selection process.
The Cut off marks will be decided on some of the following factors:
- Total candidates appeared in the exam
- Availability of seats
- Difficulty level of the entrance test
- No. of vacancy for the exam
GLAET 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, students will be called for counselling. Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of counselling process. Only those students will be called for counselling whose names are present on the merit list. The counselling will be held from June 13, 2018 to June 14, 2018.
Counselling will be conducted by the university. Students must be physically present at the time of counselling otherwise the seat be allotted to the next candidate whose name is present in the merit list. At the time of counselling candidates must bring the document for verification:
- 10th class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs
- ID Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- GLAET 2018 Admit card
- GLAET 2018 Score Card/ Result