GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in April 2018. Candidates should be aware of GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Pattern in order to perform well in the test. The online applications for GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will start in November 2017.
- GITAM GAT UGTP is an online test of 400 marks to be completed in 2 hours.
- The test comprises of 3 sections, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- Candidates get 40 minutes to attempt each section of the exam.
- Four marks are awarded for each correct answer, while one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 exam is conducted every year for admitting candidates into various UG programs of Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy offered by the GITAM University.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
The following table gives information about the highlights of GITAM GAT UGTP 2018:
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Number of Questions asked||100 MCQ Type|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||3 (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics/ Biology)|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark for every incorrect response|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
GITMAT GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Pattern is vividly explained below:
Mode: GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will only be held in online or Computer Based Mode. Candidates are required to mark their answers on the computer screen.
Exam Duration: Time allotted for the test is 120 minutes. For each individual section, 40 minutes will be given to candidates.
|Mathematics/ Biology||40 Minutes|
Types of Questions: Questions asked in the test will be Objective type Multiple Choice questions. For every question, four options will be given out of which candidates have to mark the correct option.
Sections Wise Distribution: The GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will be conducted in three sections. From Mathematics/ Biology 40 questions will be asked, whereas for Physics and Chemistry sections comprise of 30 questions each. Mathematics/ Biology section is given maximum weightage of 160 marks, while both Physics and Chemistry will be of 120 marks. The following table provides information about section wise distribution of marks and questions:
|Mathematics/ Biology||40 Minutes||160||40|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Marking Scheme
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 comprises of three sections of 400 marks collectively. Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer while negative marking system is also applicable in the examination. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer, whereas candidates will not be marked for a non-attempted question.
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||One Mark for every incorrect answer|
|Non attempted Questions||Not assessed|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Mathematics Syllabus
Candidates can check important topics for GITAM GAT Mathematics Syllabus below:
- Sets, Relations and Functions.
- Mathematical Induction.
- Mathematical Reasoning.
- Quadratic equations & Theory of equations.
- Theory of equations.
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications.
- Sequences and Series.
- Permutations & Combinations.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Vector algebra.
- Three-dimensional geometry.
- Properties of triangles.
- Complex numbers.
- Limits, Continuity and Differentiability (LCD).
- Applications of derivatives.
- Indefinite Integration.
- Applications of integrals.
- Co-ordinate geometry.
- Straight lines.
- Parabola, ellipse, hyperbola and polar co-ordinates.
- Differential equations.
- Probabilities, random variables & distributions and statistics.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Physics Syllabus
The following are the important chapters for GITAM GAT 2018 Physics Syllabus:
- Units and Dimensions.
- Elements of vectors.
- Centre of mass.
- Rotatory motion.
- Surface tension.
- Fluid mechanics.
- Thermal properties of matter.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
- Simple harmonic motion.
- Wave motion.
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments.
- Wave optics.
- Electrostatics and capacitors.
- Current electricity.
- CR circuits (DC Only).
- Electromagnetic induction and ac circuits.
- Dual nature of matter and radiation.
- Atoms and Nuclei.
- Semiconductor devices and Communication systems.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
For the GITAM GAT Chemistry Syllabus, important chapters are listed below.
- Atomic structure.
- Nuclear chemistry.
- Chemical bonding.
- Classification of elements and periodicity of properties.
- Hydrogen and its Compounds.
- Alkali and alkaline earth metals.
- States of matter: gases and liquids.
- Chemical thermodynamics.
- Ionic equilibrium.
- Chemical equilibrium.
- Solid state.
- Surface chemistry.
- Chemical kinetics.
- Group 13 elements.
- Group 14 elements.
- Group 18 elements (zero group elements).
- Group 15 elements (v a group elements).
- Group 16 elements (vi group elements).
- Group 17 elements (vii a group elements).
- Transition elements.
- Coordination compounds.
- General principles of metallurgy.
- Principles of qualitative analysis.
- Organic chemistry.
- Aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers.
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids.
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen.
- Practical organic chemistry.
- Carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, vitamins & nucleic acids.
- Chemistry in everyday life.
- Environmental chemistry.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Biology Syllabus
Candidates who want to appear for GITMAT GAT 2018 Biology Section can check its important chapters below.
- Diversity in the living world.
- External morphology.
- Internal Morphology.
- Cell Biology.
- Plant Taxonomy.
- Human welfare.
- Biotechnology and its applications.
- Plant Physiology.
- Animal Classification.
- Structural Organisation in Animals.
- Human Physiology-Digestive and Respiratory systems.
- Human Physiology-Circulatory and Excretory Systems.
- Human Physiology–Locomotion & Movement and Neuro-Endocrine System.
- Human Physiology – Reproduction.
- Human Health and Diseases.
- Ecology and Environment.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Recommended Books
As the level of GAT UGTP 2018 Examination is of +2 level, candidates can follow the standard NCERT books before starting preparation from any extra book. As such, there are no books demanded by the test so candidates can follow the books used for preparation of competitive exams.
Candidates can also solve sample papers or previous year papers to boost their preparation. Following is the subject wise list of recommended books that can be followed by candidates to prepare for the examination.
|Maths||Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
|Chemistry||NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|Chemistry||JEE Main Chemistry Previous year Papers||Arihant||9350947994|
|Physics||NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Physics||Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Physics||Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Important Instructions
It is essential to keep certain instructions in mind while appearing for an online test. Candidates can follow the following instructions in the online GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam:
- A separate system is allotted to each candidate and candidates have to check their system number displayed at the entrance before entering the examination hall.
- On the computer allotted to the candidate, candidate’s details (Name, photograph etc.) will be displayed on the screen. Candidates have to make sure that they are occupying the right system.
- At the scheduled time (generally 10 minutes before the exam), candidates are required to enter Username and Password as mentioned in Admit Card.
- After entering Username and Password click on “Sign In” button.
- Candidates are advised to read instructions carefully as they provide the complete exam related information including number of questions and marking scheme.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” button to start the test. The test will start at scheduled time only.
- The countdown timer will start ticking after clicking the button “I am ready to begin”.
- Candidates can refer to the timer to know about the time left in completion of the test.
- Candidates can click Question number in the Question Palette at the right of the screen in order to go to that question number directly.
- You are supposed to select any answer out of the given four options, by clicking on the circle button in front of the option.
- In order to change the already chosen answer, click the circle button of another option. To cancel the chosen answer, click on Clear response button.
- To save your answer, it is necessary to click on the Save and Next button, otherwise that answer will not be saved.
- Mark for Review and Next button can be clicked to mark the answer for review. In case, a question is answered but marked for Review that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
- Submit button will not be available till the completion of the exam time. There is no need to click the submit button as system will automatically submit the test after Exam Closure time.
- At the end, exam summary will be displayed on the screen with Subject Name, Number of questions answered and not Answered, questions marked for review, and not visited.
- Please confirm by clicking ‘Yes’ button.