GITAM GAT UGTP 2018
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 is a national level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into various UG programs of Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy offered by the GITAM University at its 3 campuses- Visakhapatnam, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. It will be held in the 3rd week of April 2018.
- The online applications will be received till the last week of March 2018.
- Application forms can be filled online and can also be obtained by post from the university. Aspirants will be required to enter general information about themselves and their educational qualifications to register for the test.
- GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will be a computer based test i.e. the mode of the exam is online.
- The exam will comprise of objective type questions (multiple choice questions).
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The test paper will consist of a total of 100 questions. Each question will carry +4 marks; the total obtainable marks are 400.
- Results will be declared within 1 week of conducting the exam. Applicants can expect the results in the 1st week of May 2018.
- Candidates who qualify the exam will then have to attend the further admission rounds as per the schedule uploaded by GITAM University.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Highlights Table
Aspirants must go through the highlights of GAT UGTP 2018 carefully. The list of important details about the entrance test for the academic year of 2018-19 is stated as follows:
|Date of GAT UGTP 2018||3rd week of April 2018|
|Conducting body||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management University|
|Mode of GAT UGTP 2018||Online|
|Duration of GAT UGTP 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Sections||3- Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry|
|Number of questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure for GITAM GAT UGTP 2018. Aspirants can refer to the official website www.gitam.edu . The tentative exam dates are given below:
|Last date for submitting Application form||Last week of March 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of GSAT 2018 entrance exam||3rd week of April 2018 (Online)|
|Declaration of result||1st week of May 2018|
|Counselling and spot admission||2nd week of May 2018|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criterion for GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 is as set up by the GITAM University. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Aspirants should be citizens of India to appear for GAT UGTP 2018.
Applicants should have passed the Higher Secondary or 10+2 examination from a recognized Central/ State Board or its equivalent either in 2017 or 2018 and also should secure a Rank in GAT (UGTP) - 2018, subject to the following criteria:
- B Tech Programs: Applicants must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B Tech in Biotechnology: Students need to secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination to be eligible for the exam.
- B Pharmacy: Students need to secure a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination in the subjects of Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- B Arch: Aspirants need to score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and should also qualify in NATA or JEE (Main).
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Application Form
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Application forms can be filled by both, online and offline mode. Aspirants must apply for the exam to be able appear for it. They must visit the official website www.gitam.edu frequently to see the updated notifications as also download the information brochure.
The registration process will be open till March 2018. Students who wish to apply via the online mode can follow the simple steps given below to fill the form:
Step 1: Registration
- To register for GITAM GAT UGTP 2018, applicants should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile Phone Number, Academic qualifications, School last studied, preferred Test Centre, etc. and press Submit button.
- All the information once submitted cannot be modified hence, students should be careful while entering the information.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- Students must then proceed to upload Photograph as per the specifications given in the brochure.
- The photograph should be in .jpg file, the size of the file should range between 4- 50 KB and the dimensions should be 4 x 4 cm only.
- Click on the ‘Preview’ tab to preview and verify the entire application form before ‘Final Submit’.
Step 3: Payment of Fees
- Aspirants must then proceed to pay the requisite fees which can be done through both online and offline method.
- They must save the receipts of transaction as proof of payment
Step 4: Confirmation of Application
- After all the above steps are completed, a confirmation page will be generated.
- Candidates must print out their complete application form as it will be required for further rounds of admission.
Applications can be obtained via post from the Director of Admissions, GITAM University by sending a request on plain paper specifying the candidate’s name with complete mailing address accompanied by Demand Draft of INR 150/- drawn in the favor of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam in any scheduled bank. Application forms will also be available at selected branches of Union Bank of India, Karur Vysya Bank and Indian Bank.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 application process will be considered complete only after paying the requisite fees. Application fees for boys are INR 1000/- and for girls it is INR 600/- regardless of the category of applicants. It can be paid by online and offline mode.
Online mode - Students who wish to pay via the online mode must pay fees using Debit/ Credit card (Visa/ Master Card). They will have to enter the required payment details on the bank page and save a copy of the transaction receipt.
Offline mode - Follow the steps given below to pay by the offline method:
- Applicants who wish to pay via the offline mode must take 2 print outs of the filled in application form.
- They must then send one copy of the application form along with a Demand Draft of fees drawn in the name of GITAM University, payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank by Registered post/ Speed post/ Courier before the last date of application process.
- It should be sent to the following address:
Director - Admissions, GITAM University,
Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530 045,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Admit Card
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam by the 1st week of April 2018. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of GITAM University. Hall tickets will not be sent by post to any individual.
Admit Card should be preserved carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counselling, duly signed by the test invigilator. The admit card will contain details about student such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address. It is an important document of the exam and no applicant will be granted entry into the exam center without it. Follow these steps to download GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Hall Ticket:
- Log on to the official website of GITAM University.
- Go to the login page. Enter Application number/ email ID and Date of Birth. Click on ‘Login’.
- Admit card will appear in a separate window. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Center
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will be conducted in a number of cities across India. Aspirants will be allowed to choose 3 cities for the Online test as their preferred centers. The organizing body will allot a center to the aspirants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation and no request for the same will be entertained.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Exam Pattern
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will consist of 100 objective questions to be answered within a duration of 2 hours. It is an online test. Every correct answer will be rewarded with +4 marks and for every incorrect answer, -1 mark will be deducted from the total score of candidates.
|Number of questions||100|
|Sections in paper||3- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics|
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Result
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Result will be announced within a week of conducting the exam. Students can expect their results in the 1st week of May 2018. Results will be declared on the official website of the university. They will be released in the form of score cards which can be downloaded by accessing the registered accounts of applicants. This can be done by following these easy steps given below:
- Log on to the official website.
- Click on ‘About Us’ and select the option of ‘Counselling for admission’. Then choose ‘GAT Result’ link.
- The GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 result page will open. Fill in the hall ticket number and date of birth. Click on ‘Submit’.
- Result will appear in the form of score card. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
GITAM University will publish a merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the declaration of results. Students can expect this list by the 2nd week of May 2018. They will be given GITAM GAT 2018 Ranks according to the marks secured by them in the entrance test. The merit list will contain the names of individuals in order of ranks secured by them.
A candidate qualified in GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 will be eligible for admission only if he fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria. Candidates must also note that 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Counselling
GITAM GAT UGTP 2018 Counselling will start around May 14, 2018. GAT Rank holders will have to attend the online counselling at any of the 7 centers for admission into various courses offered by the university.
Candidates eligible for counselling will be issued call letters which should be downloaded from the website and carried to the counselling center. Counselling schedule will be uploaded on the official website and students must attend the session according to the time and date allotted to them. Aspirants will be allotted seats on the basis of merit and preference of course and campus as chosen by them. The counselling process will take place in the following way:
- Counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the 7 centers given on the website, simultaneously.
- Students will be required to fill a preference form wherein they have to choose their preferred branch and campus.
- They will be offered seats based on preference of program as chosen by them and merit. Counselling will also include verification of documents and scrutiny of certificates.
- Each aspirant also has to pay INR 1000/- in cash as counselling fees which are non-refundable.
- If a student wishes to accept the seat offered, he must complete the required formalities, otherwise his admission will be cancelled and the seat will be offered to the next eligible applicant.
Verification of documents is an important formality in counselling. Applicants must produce the documents specified along with the call letter. The documents required at the time of counselling are given below:
- GAT 2018 Counselling Call Letter
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate
- Medical Certificate from Civil Surgeon (for PwD Candidates)
- Integrated Community Certificate (for SC/ ST Category)