GATE 2018 - Result (Announced), Cutoff, Final Answer Keys, PSUs
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level test for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the field of engineering and technology. IIT Guwahati, the conducting body of GATE 2018, released the notification on July 05, 2017 at www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
The exam is conducted annually by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on a rotational basis.
March 20, 2018- GATE 2018 Score Card Released. Download Now
Check out the Streamwise GATE 2018 Cutoff
|Computer Science Engineering||Click Here|
|Mechanical Engineering||Click Here|
|Electrical Engineering||Click Here|
|Civil Engineering||Click Here|
Download GATE 2018 Answer keys (all streams)
GATE 2018 Final Answer Keys for all the 23 disciplines have been released on the official website of GOAPS. Candidates can check their GATE 2018 responses at the GOAPS Portal now. Candidates were given a 3-day window span (Feb 21- Feb 23, 2018) to challenge the answer keys.
|EE – Electrical Engineering||Click Here|
|CE – Civil Engineering||Click Here|
|EC – Electronics and Communication||Click Here|
|CS – Computer Science||Click Here|
|CY – Chemistry||Click Here|
|IN- Instrumentation Engineering||Click Here|
|BT- Biotechnology||Click Here|
|CH – Chemical Engineering||Click Here|
|XL – Life Science Answer Key||Click Here|
|XE – Engineering Sciences||Click Here|
|ME – Mechanical Engineering||Click Here|
|AE – Aerospace Engineering||Click Here|
Important! Application forms for various PSUs are available at their official website. Apply here
The national level examination is a computer-based test with 65 questions to be solved within 3 hours. Two types of questions are asked in GATE – Objective Type and Numerical Type. Virtual calculators will be provided to solve numerical type questions. Check GATE Exam Pattern in detail.
March 16, 2018: GATE 2018 Results declared 1 day before the scheduled date. Check Here
March 14, 2018: GATE Official Answer Keys published online at gate.iitg.ac.in.
February 2, 2018: Vacancy for Biotech B.Tech Research Fellow Post at CSIR CSMCRI. Apply Now
December 10, 2017: GATE 2018 Exam Schedule Released. Check Here
November 24, 2017: GATE 2018 Mock Test released on the official site. Candidates can access mock tests for all 23 engineering subjects in GATE 2018. Check GATE Mock Test 2018
November 20, 2017: IIT Guwahati has published the list of duplicate applications for GATE 2018 along with their Enrollment IDs on the official website. Check Here List of Duplicate GATE 2018 Applications
Some key points to know more about GATE 2018-
- As per GATE Eligibility, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree to apply for the exam.
- The questions asked in the exam are based on topics of graduate level. Check GATE 2018 Syllabus
- Check out the new changes introduced by IIT Guwahati in GATE 2018.
Highlights of GATE 2018
|Exam Name||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Guwahati|
|Mode of Examination||Online – Computer Based Test|
|No. of Papers & Questions||23 | 65|
|Total Marks & Maximum Score||100 | 1000|
|Duration of GATE 2018||3 Hours|
|No. of Test Takers||Over 9 lac|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
|GATE Helpdesk||0361-258-6500 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
What is GATE Exam?
- GATE is an online test with multiple choice and numerical type questions conducted for 23 disciplines (papers) of engineering. Mostly questions are fundamental, concept based and thought-provoking.
- Please don’t have a misconception that GATE is only meant for ME/MTech which leads to the teaching career only.
- There are many other advantages of taking GATE such as employment in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings), direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central Government and some other Government of India Organizations.
- GATE qualifiers can use their GATE Scorecard for admission to Master’s Program and direct Doctoral Programs in Engg./Tech./Architecture.
- The GATE Scorecard is also used to avail financial assistance (scholarship) for the post-graduate program.
- GATE Registration can be made online at GOAPS website. Check our page for GATE 2018 Registration or directly visit www.gate.iitg.ac.in. for more information.
- The exam will also be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- GATE Exam consists 65 questions divided into 3 section –
- General Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics
- From Respective Subjects
GATE 2018 Exam Dates
IIT Guwahati has released the schedule for GATE exam. The exam dates and other important dates for GATE are tabulated below-
|Availability of GATE Application Form||September 5 – October 9, 2017||Last Date Extended Until Oct 9 from Oct 5|
|Last date for GATE Form Correction||October 28, 2017||Correction of Gender/Category/PwD status|
|Last date for request for change in examination city||November 17, 2017||No Other Correction will be Entertained|
|GATE 2018 Admit Cards will be available from||January 4, 2018||Download GATE Admit Card from www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
|GATE 2018 Exam Dates||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2018||Over 9 Lacs Candidates Appear for GATE|
|GATE Answer Key 2018 (official)||March 14, 2018||–|
|GATE 2018 results declared on||March 16, 2018||Check GATE Results at www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
|Downloading of GATE 2018 scorecards will begin from||March 20 – May 31, 2018||Download Scorecard from GATE GOAPS|
|GATE Counselling procedure begins||March 2018||GATE Counselling will Begin After Declaration of GATE Results|
GATE 2018 Exam Schedule
Candidates can take GATE according to their Paper Code only. As there is a huge number of aspirants, thus GATE is held in multiple sessions. The table below depicts the tentative GATE 2018 schedule for all the papers:
|Date||Session||Time (IST)||Test Paper Codes|
|February 03, 2018||1||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||ME, EY, PE, XE, XL|
|2||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||ME, AE, MA, PI|
|February 04, 2018||3||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||CS, MN|
|4||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||AG, AR, BT, CH, CY, GG, IN, MT, PH, TF|
|February 10, 2018||5||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||EC|
|6||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||EE|
|February 11, 2018||7||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||CE|
|8||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||CE|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
It is advised to all the GATE aspirants to check their eligibility before making the registration. They can apply for only 1 paper in GATE. The minimum academic qualification to apply for GATE 2018 is indicated below for all the applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years after 10+2, or 3 years after Diploma) in the related engineering and science stream
- Master’s Degree in any branch of Mathematics/Science/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent degree.
- International applicants possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the related engineering or science stream.
- Students in final year of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
- There is no stipulated age limit criterion defined for GATE applicants.
NOTE: Candidates with a backlog in their qualifying exam have to submit a copy of the final year mark sheets or a declaration from their Principal along with the seal and signature. Check out the documents required in support of GATE eligibility and qualifying disciplines in GATE.
How to apply for GATE 2018
GATE Registration Date: Sept 01, 2017 –
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 09, 2017
GATE Application Form was available on the official website from September 01, 2017. It could be filled online through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System). In response to the request received for the extension of the closing date for application submission, it was extended to 20:00 Hrs (IST) of October 09, 2017 (Monday).
A candidate has to follow 3 steps primarily to register online for GATE 2018.
- Register and create a candidate’s login on the website of GOAPS. Provide your email-ID, phone number and create a password to register.
- Then, fill GATE Application Form and upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- The next step before final submission of GATE Online Application Form is fee payment.
The application fee for female, SC/ST candidates is INR 750 while it is INR 1500 for other candidates. The application fee can be paid in either online or offline mode.
Some key points about GATE Registration 2018:
- The application fee for GATE 2018 is INR 1500 for general category while for reserved category and female candidates, it is INR 750.
- Application Fee for centers outside India (Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu) is US$ 50. For Dubai and Singapore as exam centers, the fee is US$ 100.
- Check the list of zone wise GATE Exam Centers- 3 choices of centers have to be filled during GATE Registration.
- Don’t forget to check the actual size of photograph and signature required for GATE Registration.
How to fill GATE Online Application Form?
The steps followed to fill the GATE 2018 Online Application form are explained below:
Registration- Visit the official website of GOAPS. Enter few personal details, a valid e-mail ID and mobile number. Create a password which will be used to login later.
Filling GATE 201 Application Form- Enter your personal and educational details in the application form for GATE. Preview the form to verify the information entered and modify the incorrect immediately to avoid discrepancies later. Note that the applications cannot be modified post final submission.
Fee payment- After saving application form candidate can make the payment by net banking, debit card and credit card. After paying GATE application fees, a fee payment number is generated which candidate can note for the later stages of the GATE Selection process.
GATE Application Form Correction
From the year 2018, the exam conducting authority has introduced a change that once the application form is submitted, it cannot be changed/rectified.
- Therefore, candidates must ensure that all the details and supporting documents are correct and uploaded.
- If everything is found correct then GATE Application Form will be accepted else the defects will be notified to the candidate.
- This correction needs to be carried out within a stipulated time.
- Candidates should be quick in fixing the errors in the form before the deadline.
- Those who fail to fix, their application form will be rejected and no communication will be made in this regard.
GATE Application Form Status
Candidates can check their form status i.e. whether the authority has received the form or not. It also tells if the application form submitted by candidate needs any correction or not. Visit GOAPS to check the status of the GATE Online Application. The status will be displayed from one of the below-mentioned categories:
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
- Status after Rectification
- Rejected with Valid Reason
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Availability of GATE 2018 Admit Card: January 4, 2018
To download GATE 2018 Admit Card, visit the official website of GATE 2018. One must print multiple copies of admit card for GATE 2018 to avoid discrepancies on the exam day.
- Admit Card carries candidate’s name, location of the exam center, photograph, and signature of candidate.
- It is mandatory to verify the given information before downloading GATE Admit card
- In case of any discrepancy, immediately report the conducting authority i.e. IIT Guwahati.
Download GATE Admit Card by following the steps given below:
- Candidates have to visit the official Website
- Click on the GATE 2018 Admit Card Link
- Enter the Registration Number and Password
- Candidate’s admit card will display on screen
- Take the Printout of GATE Admit Card
GATE 2018 Paper Pattern
Exam Date: February 3 – 4 and February 10 – 11, 2018
Every eligible candidate can apply for one stream of all the 23 papers for which GATE 2018 is conducted. GATE 2018 Exam Pattern might seem a little confusing at first as it varies for different disciplines. GATE is an online mode examination with 65 questions to be solved in 3 hours. The total weightage of the GATE Exam is 100 marks.
|Mode of Examination||Online/ Computer-based Test|
|Total no. of questions||65|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in paper||Two, i.e. General Aptitude and Subject Specific|
- There will be two types of questions Objective type and Numerical Type (NAT). In NAT question, there will be no choices. The answer is to be entered manually with the help of Virtual Calculator.
- XE paper will have a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences. With this, there will be eight sections (A-H) in XE paper.
Marking Scheme for GATE 2018
- Candidates are marked separately for MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type).
- For every correct answer in MCQ, candidates are awarded 1 mark or 2 marks depending on the weightage of the question.
- For every incorrect MCQ, candidate loses 1/3 or 2/3 marks for 1 mark or 2 markers respectively.
- For Numerical Answer Type, every correct answer is awarded 1 mark or 2 marks as per the marks allotted to the question. There is no negative marking for such questions.
Read More GATE Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 Syllabus
GATE Syllabus is released on the official website by IIT Guwahati for all the 23 disciplines. Candidates should check out the detailed syllabus for the related discipline to identify and focus on the important topics to be asked in the exam. They can click on the links provided below in the table to check GATE 2018 Syllabus for the relevant discipline.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
Final Official Answer Keys Released on March 14, 2018
IIT Guwahati released the official answer keys for GATE 2018 (all papers) at gate.iitg.ac.in.
- There will be separate question paper and answer key sets for all the separate sessions.
- The answer keys can be viewed by logging in using Registration details.
- Candidates can also challenge any answer in case the correct response is not mentioned on the key.
- Candidate can challenge the answer key by paying a nominal fee.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE Result Declaration: March 16, 2018
Candidates can check the result by using their GATE 2018 login credentials (Registration No or Email ID).Those who qualify GATE 2018 can download the scorecard from the official website of GATE March 20 onwards.
Read More GATE Result
GATE Score Card
Availability of GATE Scorecard: March 20 – May 30, 2018
Candidates qualifying GATE cut off announced by IIT Guwahati will be eligible to download their GATE score card. The validity of the score card is for 3 years. Before 2014, the score card was valid up to 2 years, the change in increase of the validity up to 3 years was made by IIT Kharagpur in 2014. Candidates can download the score card from the official website.
GATE 2018 Counselling
CCMT Counseling Registration will begin from March 26, 2018
GATE Exam Counselling is done separately by various IITs, NITs and other institutes. Candidates after having qualified in GATE have to appear for GD/ PI for admission. For admissions, candidates have to check notification by GATE participating institutes.
- For admission in NITs, IIITs and in some government-funded colleges, a centralized counselling– CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Plan) will be conducted.
- IITs and IISc will conduct their separate counselling process.
- Most of the other participating universities and state wise institutions will conduct their own counselling process.
All the IITs conduct their own counselling process for the admission in M.Tech programs.
Check Here GATE Counselling
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
For taking admission in IITs, COAP provides a common platform for candidates to make the most preferred choice for admission in M.Tech programs. All the participating IITs will upload admission offers in a common time window. So that they will be able to access all the admission offers made by participating IITs.
The following information is asked while registering at COAP-
- GATE Registration Number
- GATE Scores
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Phone Number
PSU through GATE 2018
Candidates applying for GATE 2018 will have two options based on GATE score – either to continue with the studies with a Master’s degree or apply for a job with Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) jobs through GATE 2018.
- All the top PSUs hire graduate engineers based on GATE for various job profiles.
- Candidates have to register separately for all the PSUs and GATE.
- All the PSUs will release their own cutoff based on GATE score.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the selection rounds conducted separately by all PSUs.
Candidates can check the latest registration dates for various PSUs recruiting through GATE 2018.
|Application form for PSUs||Application Dates|
|IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 8 – February 11, 2018|
|PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 5 – 31, 2018|
|NLC Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 6 – 27, 2018|
|January 8 – February 7, 2018|
|BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 8 – February 2, 2018|
|NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 10, 2018 onwards|
|BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2018||February 12, 2018|
|HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 12 – February 12, 2018|
|THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 5 – 31, 2018|
|Vizag Steel Plant Recruitment through GATE 2018||January 16 – February 14, 2018|
Check Here List of PSU Recruiting Through GATE
GATE Cut off
GATE cut off is the minimum score which must be scored by candidate in order to reserve a seat. The cut off varies for different institutes, streams and the category of candidate. The expected GATE cut-offs (streamwise) for the year 2018 is provided below (on the basis of previous year cut offs)-
|Stream||General Category||OBC Category||SC/ST Category|
|Electronics & Communications Engg.(EC)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Computer Science & Information Technology(CS)||25||22.5||16.6|
Benefits of GATE 2018 Scorecard
GATE Scorecard validates that candidate appeared and qualified GATE. The benefits of GATE Scorecard are enlisted below:
Enrollment in Masters and PhD Programs
- A decent GATE Score can fulfil any aspiring engineer’s dream of studying from an IIT or NIT.
- GATE enables candidates to seek admissions in M.Tech. /M.E. / M.S. in their respective discipline in IITs or NITs or institutes in Germany and Singapore depending on the GATE Cutoff released by them.
- Institutes such as IIT, Bombay offer admissions to Ph.D., PGDM, and PGDIE programs right after graduation on the basis of GATE Score.
- Some IIMs reserve seats for admissions to doctoral programs through GATE.
- MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) provides scholarships to candidates on the basis of the GATE Score.
- Candidates who opt for PG courses through GATE 2018 are given scholarships by MHRD.
- CSIR laboratories offer Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) to GATE Qualifiers.
- BARC, well-known Institute offers a stipend to GATE Qualifiers.
- Various known PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) recruit eligible and qualified candidates for different posts.
- Candidates are offered high compensation packages and other benefits (medical benefits and other aids).
- CEL, MDL, GAIL, BHEL, Cabinet Secretariat etc. have recently released notifications for PSU Recruitment through GATE.
- Candidates have to apply separately for the posts offered by various institutes.
- The application forms for different PSUs are released on different dates and candidates have to submit the application form within the stipulated time to be recruited by the PSU.
Ques. What is the application mode of the GATE 2018 exam?
Ques. What is the registration process of GATE?
Ans. You need to fill the GATE online form through the official website of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) at - http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in/, upload the required documents, pay the registration fee and submit the application form.
Ques. Can I use the same e-mail Id to fill multiple GATE application forms?
Ans. No, you could use one e-mail Id for one registration only.
Ques. What happens in case of power or internet connection failure during the GATE application form submission?
Ans. In case of interruption during the GATE form submission, you would be able to access your registration page by logging in again to the GOAPS portal. You already filled information might have saved by the GOAPS server.
Ques. In what mode can I pay the GATE application fee?
Ans. You can pay the pay the GATE application fee only through the online mode (debit card, credit card and net banking).
Ques. While paying the GATE application fee, the amount was deducted from my bank account twice. How could I get additionally deducted amount back?
Ans. It would be refunded by the GOAPS authority in maximum two weeks.
Ques. Should I send the printed copy of GATE application form to GOAPS?
Ans. No, only the online registration is needed for GATE.
Ques. Who is conducting the GATE 2018 exam?
Ans. IIT Guwahati.
Ques. How could I know the status of my GATE application submission?
Ans. You can check the status of your GATE application after successful submission through the official website of GOAPS.
Ques. I skipped to take print of the acknowledgement screen of my GATE online application submission. How could I retrieve it now?
Ans.You need to login to the GOAPS portal using your enrolment Id and password, and take print of the acknowledgement again.
Ques. I am a student of B.Tech. final year. Am I eligible for applying to GATE?
Ques. I am a student of B.Tech. final year. What document should I produce for applying to GATE?
Ans. You need to obtain a certificate (in the specified format) from the Principal of your institution and upload the same while registering for GATE.
Ques. From where could I get my GATE admit card?
Ans. From the official website of GOAPS.
Ques. Would the GATE 2018 admit card also be sent to me through physical post?
Ques. Shall I get my GATE 2018 admit card in e-mail?
Ques. What should I bring to the exam center along with the GATE 2018 admit card?
Ans. One valid and original (not photocopied/scanned copy) photo identity proof.
Ques. Which all documented are will be allowed as photo identity proof at the exam center of GATE 2018?
Ans. Driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id card, Aadhaar card, college Id card, employee Id card, or any other photo identity proof issued by Indian or state government.
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of GATE 2018, if I carry the photocopy of my driving license?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original one.
Ques. Will it be mandatory to take printout of GATE admit card for entering the exam center of GATE 2018?
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of GATE 2018, if I carry would show the E-aadhaar in my mobile phone?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original hardcopy.
Ques. Should I take colored or black and white printout of GATE admit card for entering the exam center of GATE 2018?
Ques. Do I need to validate something in the downloaded GATE 2018 admit card?
Ans. You need to validate that all your particulars in the GATE 2018 admit card are correct.
Ques. What should I do if I find errors in my GATE 2018 admit card?
Ans. You need to immediately contact your zonal center of GATE 2018.
Ques. Could I take my physical calculator to the GATE 2018 examination hall?
Ques. What will be the mode of the GATE 2018 exam?
Ques. How would then I be able to make my calculations while attempting the GATE 2018 exam?
Ans. You will be provided a virtual calculator on your computer screen for your calculations.
Ques. I have never used a virtual calculator before. How would I be use it in How to use GATE 2018?
Ans. You will be able to practice it using the GATE 2018 mock test before the exam.
Ques. When will be the GATE 2018 mock test be released?
Ans. In November 2018.
Ques. Who releases the GATE 2018 mock test?
Ans. IIT Guwahati.
Ques. What is the intend behind releasing the GATE 2018 mock test?
Ans. What is the intend behind releasing the GATE 2018 mock test?
Ques. For how many GATE papers I can apply?
Ans. Only one
Ques. How many papers are there in GATE 2018?
Ans. 23 papers.
Ques. Shall I be provided with paper for rough work and calculations during the GATE 2018 examination?
Ans. You will be provided a scribble pad for your rough work that you will need to return pad to the invigilator while exiting the exam hall.
Ques. Shall I be able to deposit my mobile phone at the GATE 2018 exam hall?
Ans. No, you will have to make your own arrangements for keeping your belongings safe before entering the exam hall.
Ques. What are the restricted items for the GATE 2018 examination hall?
Ans. Mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, any other electronic items, and sharp objects are not allowed inside the GATE examination hall.
Ques. Where will be the GATE 2018 result declared?
Ans. On the official website of GOAPS.
Ques. What information do I need to provide to accessing my GATE 2018 result?
Ans. Your GATE enrolment Id and date of birth.
Ques. Would I be able to download my GATE 2018 score card on the day of GATE 2018 result declaration?
Ans. No, you will not be able to download your score card later on.
Ques. What fee do I need to pay for downloading the GATE 2018 score card?
Ans. INR 500
Ques. I have passed B.Tech. in 2017 with a backlog. Am I eligible for GATE 2018?
Ans. Yes, but you will have to clear your backlog by the counselling start date.
Ques. I have the qualifying exam for GATE 2018 in year 2017. I don’t have my degree certificate, but have a provisional certificate. Could I apply for GATE 2018?
Ques. I have passed my B.Tech. with 55% marks. Am I eligible for GATE 2018?
Ques. How many times could I appear in GATE?
Ans. There is no limit for number of GATE attempts.
Ques. What is the upper age limit for GATE 2018?
Ans. There is no age limit for appearing in GATE 2018.
Ques. I have completed my graduation through a distance learning program. Am I eligible for GATE 2018?
Ques. I passed my B.Tech. in 2016, but still have a backlog. Am I eligible for GATE 2018?
Ques. I belong to SC category. Do I need to upload my category certificate while registering for GATE?
Ans. No, you would have to produce it during your counselling for the M.Tech. courses.
Ques. I am not able to upload my signature while applying for GATE even after multiple trials. What could be the reason?
Ans. Your signature file would not be in the prescribed file format or size.
Ques. What is the GATE 2018 registration fee for foreign nationality candidates?
Ans. INR 1500 if the GATE 2018 exam center is selected within India, and US$ 50, if it is selected in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu. For Dubai and Singapore, it will be US$ 100.
Ques. I paid the GATE 2018 application fee twice by mistake. How could I get back the extra payment?
Ans. It would be refunded by the GOAPS authority in maximum two weeks.
Ques. I have made the payment, but it is still not reflected on the GOAPS portal. What should I do?
Ans. Probably your payment is not accepted, and would be refunded back to your account. Make sure to pay the fee before the due date.
Ques. I didn't upload my photograph as per the specifications while registering for GATE. Would it be rejected?
Ques. How many choices of exam center do I need to give while registering for GATE?
Ques. Why should I give three choices of examination centers during GATE registration?
Ans. Because if you are not allotted your first choice of center, then your remaining two choices will be considered.
Ques. Will I surely be allotted an GATE exam center only from my provided choices?
Ans. No, not necessarily. If those are not available, you would be provided another nearby center.
Ques. Will I be able to update my mobile number or e-mail Id after submitting my GATE 2018 application form?
Ans. No, update of mobile number or e-mail Id is not allowed.
Ques. What all entries could I correct in the submitted GATE 2018 application form?
Ans. You can change only name, date of birth, name of parent/guardian, qualifying degree, and year of qualifying degree.
Ques. I selected a wrong paper in my GATE application form. What should I do?
Ans. You will need to fill a new application using a new e-mail address (mobile number can be same) and choose the correct paper for examination.
Ques. Shall I be refunded my previous fee in such a case?
Ques. Shall I be able to leave the examination hall in case I complete my GATE 2018 exam before time?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College