DSAT (Dayanand Sagar Admission Test) 2018 is a University Level Examination to provide admission to courses in Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE) and Dayanand Sagar University (DSU). DSAT 2018 will be conducted by Dayanand Sagar University (DSU). DSAT 2018 will be conducted in the month of April and May 2018.
- DSAT 2018 is conducted to provide admission to various UG and PG program in DSCE and DSU.
- DSAT Exam will take place in slots during the month of April and May 2018.
- The programs offered through DSAT are Engineering, Commerce and Management, Computer Applications, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Basic and Applied Sciences, Physiotherapy, Nursing Sciences and Arts and Humanities.
- DSAT 2018 will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based).
- The type of questions asked in the examination is of Objective based multiple-choice questions.
DSAT aspirants should go through this page and read the information and check whether or not they fulfill the eligibility for their choice of courses.
DSAT 2018 Highlights
|Date of Exam||April and May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Dayanand Sagar University (DSU), Bangalore|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective based multiple-choice questions|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Commerce and Management, Computer Applications, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Basic and Applied Sciences, Physiotherapy, Nursing Sciences and Arts and Humanities.|
|Number of Seats||Varies for different courses|
DSAT 2018 Exam Dates
DSAT 2018 will be conducted in different slots in the months of April and May 2018. The exam notification will be issued by Dayanand Sagar University (DSU) on the official website. The online and offline application begins in the first week of March 2018. The closing date for online and offline application for DSAT 2018 is third week of March 2018. Further, DSAT 2018 Exam Dates are discussed below-
|DSAT 2018||Exam Date|
|DSAT 2018 Application begins||First week of March 2018|
|Last Date for applying||Third week of March 2018|
|DSAT 2018 Exam Dates||April and May 2018|
|DSAT 2018 Result||May 2018|
DSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility for UG courses for DSAT 2018 examination is 10+2 exam or any equivalent exam. The eligibility for all the courses offered by DSU are listed below.
For Undergraduate Courses
- For B.A Journalism:
- Aspirants require Merit rank in CBSE/PUC/ICSE/10+2 or any equivalent examination from recognized Board or University.
- For B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce):
- Applicants should have passed ICSE/PUC/CBSE/10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized Board.
- For B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science):
- Applicants must have passed ICSE/PUC/CBSE/10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized Board with Chemistry as a compulsory subject.
- The minimum marks required in aggregate are 45% of marks.
- For B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):
- Aspirants should have passed two-year PUC examination (Karnataka PUC Board) or any equivalent examination of an approved Board or University.
- Applicants should have at least 40% in either of these combinations: PCM, PCB, PCMB, PC & Computer Science or PC & Electronics.
- For Pharm.D:
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 from PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- Physics and Chemistry should be compulsory subjects with either Biology or Mathematics.
- For BPT (Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy):
- A minimum of 40% of aggregate marks in PCB with English in PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 or any equivalent examination.
- For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):
- Aspirants should have passed in PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University/Any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum marks required for the qualifying examination is 45% for General and OBC category applicants. For SC/ST, at least 40% of marks are required in Physics, Mathematics or any one of the subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Electronics, English.
- For BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications):
- Applicants should have passed PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University.
- For BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):
- Applicants should have passed PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University.
- strong>For PB B.Sc (Nursing):
- Applicants should be a registered nurse and have passed in Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM).
- Candidates who have passed their B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing from any recognized University with at least 50%.
- One-year experience is required after the degree in any hospital or nursing educational institute.
For Post-Graduation Courses
- For M.Sc. (Nursing):
- Applicant must have passed the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM).
- B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree or Post Certificate B.Sc. from any recognized University with minimum 50% of marks.
- One year of experience of working as a nurse.
- The applicant should be a registered Nurse.
- For M.Tech (Master of Technology):
- A degree in BE/B.Tech with at least 50% of marks in aggregate in the applied choice of field.
- For MPT (Master’s in Physiotherapy):
- A Degree in Physiotherapy or B.Sc. (PT) of 3&1/2 years duration (Full-Time courses) from any recognized university.
- The minimum marks requirement is 50% of aggregate marks with 6 months of internship.
DSAT 2018 Application Form
DSAT 2018 Application Form can be processed in both online and offline modes. The application form submission begins in the first week of March 2018. The last date to submit the application form for both online and offline mode is the third week of March 2018.
For Online Application Process
- Visit official website of DSAT 2018.
- Register with a valid email address and mobile number
- Click on “Fill Online Application Form”
- Fill in all the required credentials.
- Upload photograph and signature in jpg format
- Process the payment of application fee using the online method
- After successful payment, the applicants can download the filled application form.
- Take a print for future reference.
For Offline Application Proces
Aspirants who want to process their applications in offline mode can visit the official website and download the application form.
- Applicants are required to follow the online process as mentioned above and take a print out of the form.
- Application form print should be submitted along with the fees at the University.
DSAT 2018 Aspirants should note that the application forms should be filled in the given time only.
DSAT 2018 Application Fee
Applicants can pay the fees online through the official website. For the offline application process, application fee payment should be done at the fee counter at the University.
Here are the instructions to process the application fee online:
- Applicants should visit the official website.
- Click on “Payment” on the right-hand side
- Click on the link “Proceed to Online Payment”
- HDFC Bank portal will be opened in a new tab
- Select Fees, State as Karnataka and City as Bangalore
- Select Dayanand Sagar University from the Type of Institution.
- Click Pay online and the page will navigate to enter details
- Enter your Application number
- Add in your credit/debit card details and process the payment.
DSAT 2018 Admit Card
DSAT 2018 Admit Card will be available a week before the examination. Admit card will be available on the website for download. Applicants should download the admit card and take a print out. No Admit cards will be sent by the University through post.
How to Download DSAT 2018 Admit Card
Applicants who have submitted their applications in both online and offline mode will be able to download the admit cards. Unprocessed payment of application fees will be cancelled. An email with the admit card link will be sent out by the University. Candidates should visit the link to download the admit card.
Here are steps to download DSAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Click on the link received via email
- Log onto the official website using the application number.
- Click on “Download Admit Card”
- Download the admit card and take a printout.
DSAT 2018 Exam Centers
DSAT 2018 Exam will be carried out in 67 cities of 20 states. Applicants are required to fill in their choice of exam center at the time of application.
The list of exam centers and cities is listed below:
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur Kurnool Nellore Tirupati Visakhapatnam|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad Surat Rajkot Vadodara|
|Haryana||Kurukshetra Himachal Pradesh Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bangalore Belgaum Bijapur Davangere Mangalore Mysore Hubli/Dharwad Kolar Gulbarga|
|Kerala||Kochi Calicut Palakkad Thiruvananthapuram Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal Indore|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad Kolhapur Mumbai Nagpur Navi Mumbai Pune Goa Panaji|
|Punjab||Amritsar Ludhiana Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jodhpur Jaipur Udaipur|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai Coimbatore Madurai Salem Vellore Tanjavore Thirunalveli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad Karimnagar Chhattisgarh Raipur|
|Uttar Pradesh||Bareilly Kanpur Lucknow Uttarakhand Dehradun|
DSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
A brief idea of exam pattern and type of question asked in the examination is important. Aspirants should study the pattern to map out their study for DSAT 2018.
- Exam will be conducted in various slots in the month of April and May.
- Language for answering is English only.
- Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- There will be 100 questions to be attempted in 2 hours duration.
- Questions will be objective based multiple-choice questions.
DSAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
DSAT 2018 Syllabus
DSAT 2018 Syllabus is based on the 10+1 and 10+2 examination syllabus. The questions paper is objective based with 100 marks. The course based syllabus for DSAT 2018 is mentioned below:
|For B.A Journalism||Class 10+1 &10+2 Art Syllabus|
|For B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Commerce Syllabus|
|For B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus|
|For Pharm.D:||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with Chemistry Compulsory|
|For BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Arts Syllabus|
|For BPharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with Chemistry as compulsory subject|
|For BPT (Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with English|
|For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):||Class 10+1 &10+2 with PCM|
|For BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications):||Class 10+1 &10+2 with Computer Science|
Recommended Books for DSAT 2018
We have compiled some of the DSAT Books for all the aspirants of DSAT. These books will help understand the test pattern of DSAT 2018 and improve your preparation level. DSU (Dayanand Sagar University) also releases official mock tests, near to the DSAT 2018 Exam Date.
To be better equipped for the tests that the year will bring — read a textbook. To prepare for the tests that life will bring — read a book.”
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|AIIMS - Major Online Test Series- 2017||Career Point Kota||CD-ROM|
|Class Notes For 12th PCB (Set of 9 Volumes)||Career Point Kota|
|The Perfect Study Resource for - Jamia Millia Islamia BBS/B.COM/BACA/BA(hons)/BA(Economics) Entrances 2017||Pallavi TS, Atul, R K Behl, Diwakar Sharma||9352511603|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.A. (Bachelor 0f Arts) with solved papers 2016||Arihant Experts||9311123218|
|All India Engineering Entrance Exam - B.E./B.Tech||H.P.Sharma, Yash Srivastava, N.K.Singh||9350132273|
DSAT 2018 Result
DSAT 2018 Result will be declared in May 2018. The result will specify marks secured by the candidates. Merit rank and cut off list will be published on the website few days after result.
Steps to download the DSAT 2018 Result:
- Visit the homepage of the official website
- Click on DSAT 2018 Result
- Enter your application number
- Download and take a printout of the result.
DSAT 2018 Merit List
Dayanand Sagar University will release the Merit list course wise. The merit list will be published on the official website hence candidates are required to check the merit list online.
DSAT 2018 Cut Off
After the release of result, the cut off list will be published on the official website. The cut off list will be published on the basis of course and category. Cut off marks will help determine their rank for the process of admission.
DSAT 2018 Seat Intake
The seat matrix for DSAT 2018 on the basis, of course, is tabulated below:
|For UG Courses||Seats|
|B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce)||60|
|BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||60|
|B.Sc Bachelor of Science||120|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)||40|
|BCA Bachelor of Computer Applications||60|
|For PG Courses||Seats|
|Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)||5|
DSAT 2018 Counselling
Applicants who will qualify on the basis of Merit will be notified to carry out the counselling and admission process. The notification will be released on the official website.
The Counselling schedule will be published on the website in the first week of June
- For B.Tech, the counselling process will being on June 5, 2018 till June 8, 2018.
- For BA, B. Com, B.Sc, B.Pharm and Journalism, the counselling will be processed on June 5, 2018.