DPU AIBTCET 2017
Dr. DY Patil University, Pune conducts AIBTCET (All India Biotechnology Common Entrance Test) for offering admission to B.Tech Medical Biotechnology, B.Tech Biotechnology, and M.Tech (Integrated) Biotechnology Program. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by DPU can fill and submit AIBTCET 2017 Application form in both online and offline mode.
Candidates can apply online at admissions.dpu.edu.in while the offline AIBTCET 2017 Application Form is also available on the official site. The last date to apply for DPU AIBTCET is June 07, 2017. AIBTCET 2017 is scheduled on June 18. Candidates can download AIBTCET 2017 Admit Card form the Vidyapeeth University two weeks prior to the conduct of exam.
DPU AIBTCET 2017 exam consists of one question paper. The exam has 4 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The question paper consists of 100 objective type questions of 1 mark each. The duration of the test is 1 hour and 30 minutes. DPU AIBTCET 2017 Results will be announced in the month of July. The counselling session will be conducted at Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute, Tathawade, Pune
AIBTCET 2017 Exam Highlights
Candidates can check the important highlights of AIBTCET 2017 exam tabulated below:
|Date of AIBTCET 2017||June 18, 2017|
|Conducting Body||DPU (Dr. DY Patil University)|
|Mode of AIBTCET 2017||Offline|
|Medium of AIBTCET 2017||English|
|Duration of AIBTCET 2017||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 MCQs (Multiple Objective Questions)|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|Courses offered||B.Tech Biotechnology B.Tech Medical Biotechnology M.Tech Integrated Biotechnology|
|Number of seats||B.Tech. Biotechnology : 90 B.Tech. Medical Biotechnology : 60 M.Tech. Integrated Biotechnology : 30|
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Exam Dates
AIBTCET 2017 Registration window closes on June 07, 2017. The exam will be conducted on June 18, 2017 across 7 cities. Candidates can check the AIBTCET 2017 Exam Dates tabulated below.
|Last date for submitting the application form without late fee||June 7, 2017 (Wednesday) until 5:00 p.m.|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee||June 14, 2017 (Wednesday) until 5:00 p.m.|
|Dispatch of Admit cards||Two weeks before AIBTCET 2017|
|Date & time of AIBTCET 2017||June 18, 2017 (Sunday)|
From 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Eligibility
To be eligible for appearing in DPU AIBTCET 2017, an aspirant must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Candidates can check the detailed eligibility criteria for appearing in AIBTCET 2017 below.
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- Minimum Age: 17 years or before December 31, 2017 (born before January 1, 2001)
- Candidate must have passed or appeared at Std. XII or equivalent examination of any board in India or abroad, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Life Sciences.
- If the result of the Std. XII has been declared, candidate must have passed the same examination with minimum 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together (40% for the Reserve Category candidates).
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Application Form
Candidate can apply for AIBTCET 2017 in both online and offline mode. The online application form Offline Applicants are required to complete the downloaded DPU Application form and submit the same along with entrance test fee to the with Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil. Vidyapeeth on or before the last date. The offline application form can be downloaded from the Vidyapeeth Website.
Candidates can check the steps for submitting both Online and Offline Application Form:
Online Application Form
Step1: Visit the official website of DPU: www.dpu.edu.in
Step 2: Enter all the required details such as name,
Step 3: Select course, state and city to complete the registration process
Step 4 Login to your registered email id and click on the link send to your id.
Step 5: Fill the remaining details like academic qualification, corresponding address, etc.
Step 6: Pay the entrance and processing fee on the online payment gateway using Credit Card/Debit card/Net Banking
Step 7: Take printout of the acknowledgement page
Offline Application Form
Step 1: Visit the official website of DPU: www.dpu.edu.in
Step 2: On the website, click on “Biotechnology and Bioinformatics” tab.
Step 3: Click on “Download Offline Form” and download offline application form
Step 4: Fill all the personal details, academic qualification details, exam center choice, etc.
Step 5: Complete all the required details in the application form as well as admit card
Step 6: Fix passport size photo on admit card as well as application form.
Step 7: Send application form along with requisite demand draft to DPU. Demand draft should be drawn in favor of: “Registrar, Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth”, payable at Pune.
AIBTCET 2017 Application form and demand draft should be sent via courier/speed post on the following address:
Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune (Deemed University)
Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune - 411 018, Maharashtra, India.
AIBTCET 2017 Application Fee
The application fee for AIBTCET 2017 is given below. Candidates can remit the processing & test fee using Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking on the online payment gateway. For offline applicants, the fee has to be paid via a Demand Draft drawn in favor of "The Registrar Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth", payable at Pune.
|Processing fee||INR 300/-|
|Test fee||INR 1000/-|
|DD enclosed with the Offline form||INR 1300/-|
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Admit Card
DPU (D.Y PATIL VIDYAPEETH UNIVERSITY) will release the DPU AIBCET 2017 Admit Card. The Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted the AIBTCET application form offline or online and fulfill the eligibility criteria. DPU AIBCET 2017 entrance exam Admit Card will be available in the online mode. Admit card can be downloaded by candidates by visiting the official website of DPU.
Step 1: Visit the AIBTCET official website-dpu.edu.in
Step 2: After visiting the official website, click on the tab for “Online Admit Card for AIBTCET”.
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter their Name and Application number carefully in the fields provided.
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 5: AIBTCET 2017 Admit Card will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Candidates are required to download and print 2-3 copies of the same. Admit card should be preserved for future use.
Details in AIBTCET admit card
AIBTCET 2017 Admit card is an important document that contains few important details such as:
- Roll number of candidate
- Registration number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and Timings of the test
- Reporting time at the AIBTCET 2017 Exam Centre
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
Note: No request to change the exam venue or exam timings will be entertained by AIBTCET 2017 Exam conducting authorities. In case, candidates found any mistake in the Admit Card they should immediately contact the authorities.
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Exam Pattern
DPU AIBTCET 2017 will comprise of 100 objectives multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and the total marks allocated for the test is 100. The duration of AIBTCET will be 1 hour and 30 minutes. Every correct answer will be rewarded with one mark. The paper will include questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
As paper is in offline mode, candidates need to use Black Ball Pen to mark their answers. Exam Pattern for AIBTCET 2017 is tabulated below:
|Mode of AIBTCET 2017||Offline|
|Medium of AIBTCET 2017||English|
|Duration of AIBTCET 2017||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective Multiple choice questions|
|Number of questions||100|
|Marks for each correct answer||1 Mark|
|Sections||Physics : 25 Questions Chemistry : 25 Questions Botany : 25 Questions Zoology : 25 Questions|
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Result
DPU is expected to announce AIBTCET Result 2017 on the official website in the month of July. The result will not be individually announced for any candidate. To view the result, login on the official site using your “Registration Number” and “Date of Birth”.
DPU will also publish the Merit List of qualified candidates. Important points related to merit list are explained below:
- DPU will prepare a merit list of the candidates who appear for AIBTCET, in accordance with the total marks obtained by candidates in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology taken together.
- Candidates will be called for admission as per their ranking in this list. Candidates should note that there will be no verification of marks or reassessment of papers.
- The merit list will be displayed on the DPU official website: www.dpu.edu.in. Eligible candidates in the merit list will be called for counseling and on-the-spot admission session as per their rank in the merit list.
For candidates with equal marks in AIBTCET entrance test, the following tie-break procedure will be applicable for assigning ranks:
First level: Candidate with higher marks in Biology at the entrance test will be given preference.
Second level: If the tie still persists, candidate with higher marks in Chemistry section of AITBCET will be preferred.
Third level: If the tie still persists, candidate with higher percentage of aggregate marks at the HSC examination will be preferred.
Fourth level: If the tie still persists, candidate with higher percentage of aggregate marks at SSC examination will be preferred.
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Seat Intake
AIBTCET is conducted for admitting candidates in B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Medical Biotechnology and Integrated M.Tech Biotechnology. In total, there are 180 seats across all these 3 courses. Candidates can check below the seat for all the 3 courses as well as distribution of seats for General and Foreign applicants.
Duration and Intake Capacity (No. of Seats):
|Courses||B.Tech. Biotechnology||B.Tech. Medical Biotechnology||M.Tech. (Integrated) Biotechnology|
|Duration||4 years||4 years||5 years|
|No. of seats||90||60||30|
Distribution of Seats
The distribution of seats for general and foreign candidates. 15% seats are reserved for NRI/PIO/Foreign candidates.
|Courses||General Category Seats 85%||NRI/PIO/FN Category Seats 15%|
(NRI: Non Resident Indian; PIO: Person of Indian Origin; FN: Foreign National). Reservation for various categories will be as per directives of the Government of India.
DPU AIBTCET 2017 Counselling
AIBTCET counselling for admission to various courses will be conducted Dr. DY Patil University. The counselling schedule will be announced after the declaration of DPU AIBTCET Result. Some of the important details related to AIBTCET 2017 Counselling is mentioned below:
- If selected, candidate must present themselves for on-the spot admission.
- The counselling sessions will be conducted at the office of the Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Institute, Tathawade, Pune - 411 033. The candidature is subject to cancellation if the applicant fails to present themselves on the required date and time slot.
- Only the candidate and one of his/her parents/guardians will be allowed into the counselling hall.
- The candidates will be called as per their ranking in the merit list. Candidates should note that mere appearance at the AIBTCET 2017 and inclusion of name in the merit list does not necessarily mean that the candidate shall get admission to a course. Admission to a course will depend upon the availability of seats as per turn of the candidate.
- The selected candidate has to pay the required amount of fees on the day of counseling and on-the-spot admission itself. In case the candidate fails to pay the entire amount of fees, the candidate can lose claim for admission to that seat.
- If any candidate finds it difficult to be physically present for the admission session due to any unavoidable circumstances, the candidate can authorize any other responsible individual to represent him/her for admission session. This representative need to carry Letter of Authorization for representation.
- If the candidate or representative fails to report for the admission session, the candidate’s claim for admission to the respective course shall stand forfeited.
- Admissions made at the admission sessions will be provisional. These will be confirmed after verification of eligibility by the DPU.
Documents Required during AIBTCET 2017 Counselling
Candidates need to carry certain documents in original as well as xerox copies for submission, at the time of reporting for counselling. Failure to produce the requisite documents shall result in cancellation of his/her claim for admission.
- For proof of date of birth, SSC certificate or certificate of domicile/nationality certificate/valid passport/birth certificate will be acceptable.
- A certificate from the Principal of the School with attested photo for having studied for 11th and 12th standards in India.
- Statement of marks of Std X (SSC) examination.
- Statement of marks of Std XII (HSC) examination.
- Transfer certificate from the institution which the candidate had last attended.
- Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates).
- Migration certificate
- Conduct and character certificate from a responsible person.
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- An affidavit signed by the candidate and countersigned by his/her parent/guardian.
- Four copies of a recent passport size photograph with the candidate's name written on the back side.
- Tuition Fee and Hostel Fee.
- AIBCET 2017 Admit Card
- AIU (Association of India Universities) Equivalence certificate (under foreign system in India)