DMRC Recruitment 2018
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Recruitment 2018, better known as DMRC Recruitment 2018 is a test conducted by DMRC for employment under various departments under DMRC. It is actually a series of tests, which comprises of different tests for DMRC 2018 Posts and Profiles which are vacant under DMRC.
Latest Update:List of 21 Candidates Shortlisted for Interaction with the Selection Committee for the post of Director (operations) in DMRC Released.Check Here
Latest Update: Shortlisted Candidate for Screening Process for the Post of Dy. General Manager (Hindi) in DMRC On Deputation Basis. Check Here
Latest Update: Empanelment of Candidate for the Post of Claims Commissioner in DMRC on Reemployment Basis. Check Here
|Apply Here||Last Date to Apply|
|Recruitment for post of Dy. Head of Department (Civil/Track) on Direct Recruitment / Reemployment basis||March 26, 2018|
|Recruitment for 1896 Executive & Non- Executive Category Posts||March 12, 2018 (Extended)|
|Special Drive for Recruitment of SC & ST Category Candidates||March 12, 2018 (Extended)|
- DMRC 2018 is to be conducted in two stages, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Registration number as well as Date of Birth will be required to download Admit card for DMRC Recruitment 2018.
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens can apply for test, and they need to cover minimum educational qualification and age criteria to appear in exam.
- Application Form for DMRC Recruitment 2018 has been released for various posts in month of January 2018, however admit cards will be available in month of February 2018.
- Paper 1 consists of GK, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Questions from respective domain where Paper 2 consists of General English only.
- Both the papers consist of MCQ questions and there is negative marking in the paper. Check DMRC Recruitment Sample Papers
- To get selected, candidates need to clear a minimum DMRC Cut off.
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Recruitment Test 2018|
|Popularly known as||DMRC Recruitment 2018|
|Type of Exam||Recruitment/Employment Test|
|Held||Once a year for respective post|
|Mode||Offline and Online, depending upon Post|
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Exam Dates
Every year DMRC conducts DMRC Recruitment Test for various posts that are vacant under various departments. DMRC Recruitment Exam Dates for the post of Customer Relations Assistant, Asstt Manager, Junior Engineer, Accountant Assistant and Maintainer has been released by DMRC at its official website.
|Event||Exam Date||Reference Links|
|DMRC JE/ Assistant Manager||April 9 – 20, 2018||Download JE/ Assistant Manager Admit Card from March 26, 2018|
|DMRC Stenographer Exam||March 2018||Download Stenographer Admit card from March 2018|
|DMRC Maintainer Exam||March 2018||Download Maintainer Admit card from March 2018|
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Eligibility
DMRC sets out certain eligibility criteria for appearing in DMRC Recruitment 2018 for various jobs. The eligibility criteria may vary as per the job role for which a candidate is applying.
Here are some common eligibility points which a candidate needs to cover for DMRC Recruitment 2018 –
- To be eligible to appear in DMRC Recruitment 2018, candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must possess the required 3 Year/ 4 Year Graduation Degree/Diploma as per the job which candidate is applying for.
- Applicant also needs to fulfill some Medical/Health criteria to be eligible for Final Selection.
Let’s take a look at the Educational qualification criteria and age criteria for some jobs under DMRC Recruitment 2018:
|Name Of Job/post||Educational Qualification||Age Criteria|
|Station controller/Train Operator||For this job candidate must have passed a 3 year engineering diploma in Electrical or Electronic specialization, or candidate must have passed BSc or BSc(Hons) with subjects Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from recognized University or Institute.||18 to 28 Years|
|Customer Relations Assistant||For this job candidate must hold a Graduate Degree in any stream from a recognized University, also, the candidate must have a certificate of a Computer Application course of a tenure of at least 6 weeks||18 to 28 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||For this job candidate must have done a 3 year Engineering Diploma in relevant stream (electrical or equivalent) from a recognized University or Institute.||18 to 28 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Electronics)||For this job candidate must have done a 3 year Engineering Diploma in relevant stream (electronics, electronics and communication or equivalent) from a recognized University or Institute..||18 to 28 Years|
|Junior. Engineer (Mechanical)||For this job candidate must have done a 3 year Engineering Diploma in relevant stream (mechanical or equivalent) from a recognized University or Institute.||18 to 28 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||For this job candidate must have done a 3 year Engineering Diploma in relevant stream (civil or equivalent) from a recognized University or Institute.||18 to 28 Years|
|Accountant Assistant||For this job candidate must have done Graduation in relevant stream (BCom or equivalent) from a recognized University||18 to 28 Years|
|Office Assistant||For this job, candidate must hold a Graduation Degree from a recognized University||18 to 28 Years|
|Stenographer||For this job candidate must hold a Graduation Degree from any recognized University. Candidate must have done a 1 year course in Office Management and Secretarial Practice. Candidate must have a Shorthand speed of 80 wpm and Typing speed of 40 wpm in English. However, proficiency in shorthand/typing in Hindi is desirable from the part of candidate.||18 to 28 Years|
|Maintainer||For this job candidate must hold an ITI certificate in specific specializations, as listed on the official website of DMRC.||18 to 25 Years|
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Application Form
Candidates need to fill the online application Form to appear in DMRC Recruitment 2018. Here is a list of steps for DMRC Recruitment 2018 Application form:
- Visit the official website of DMRC i.e. delhimetrorail.com
- Click on ‘Careers.’
- Here candidate will be able to see a notification related to various current and past vacancies.
- Click on the relevant notification which candidate is looking to apply.
- Fill all the details as required in the form, such as Personal details, educational qualification etc.
- Upload the colored passport sized photo of candidate, along with the signature and caste/category certificate (if applicable).
- After the form has been filled successfully, DMRC servers will generate the Bank Challan for fee payment by the candidate, with a unique Bank reference number.
- Pay the fee through Bank Challan in any branch of SBI. Fee must be paid after at least 24 hours from the generation of challan.
- After two working days from fee payment, candidates can apply for the acknowledgement receipt on DMRC’s website.
- After this step, DMRC servers will generate a final registration slip for candidate. This slip will mention candidate’s unique registration number, post applied and personal details of candidate.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of this slip with them for future reference.
Here are a few mandatory instructions that candidate needs to keep in mind while filling the DMRC Recruitment 2018:
- DMRC Recruitment 2018 Application Form can only be filled through online mode.
- For filling the form, candidate needs to have a personal e-mail ID. Candidates must preserve their e-mail ID which they fill in the form as this e-mail ID will be used for future communication.
- To avoid rejection of application, candidates must thoroughly read and understand DMRC Recruitment 2018 notification.
- The size of the scanned copies of documents should be less than 100 kb and such document should be in jpg/pdf file format only.
- Fees for DMRC Recruitment 2018 can be paid only through State Bank of India, not through any other Bank.
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for DMRC Recruitment 2018 will be available from February 2018. Admit Card for DMRC Recruitment 2018 can be obtained only by downloading it from DMRC website, and there is no other mode of obtaining the Admit Card.
Steps to Download DMRC Recruitment 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of DMRC.
- Click on - ‘Careers.’
- Now, click on – ‘Download Admit Card for the post of relevant post vide advertisement number.’
- Candidate needs to type their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Now, Click on – ‘Login/Submit/View Admit Card.’
- Now candidate can see their Admit card for DMRC Recruitment 2018.
- Candidates should take one or two-colored printouts of Admit Card, for examination purpose and also for future reference.
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for DMRC Recruitment 2018 is to be set by DMRC. Let’s take a look at some of the details about exam pattern for DMRC Recruitment 2018:
- DMRC Recruitment 2018 is to be conducted in offline mode for Assistant Manager (Electrical, Civil and S&T) and SC/TO while it will be conducted in online mode for CRA, JE, Maintainer and Other posts.
- DMRC Recruitment 2018 will consist of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Where paper 1 will have subjects like GK, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning and Knowledge of Domain, on the other hand, paper 2 is taken to check candidate’s ability in the English language.
- Both the papers will consist of MCQ questions.
- Both the papers will have Negative Marking. A wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 0.33 marks from total score, where a correct answer fetches a candidate 1 mark.
Following table may sum up the key details of Exam Pattern of DMRC Recruitment 2018:
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Subjects||General awareness, Quantitative aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Relevant Discipline||General English|
|Number of Questions||120||60|
|Time allotted||90 minutes||45 minutes|
|Medium Available||English and Hindi||English only|
|Type of Questions||MCQ||MCQ|
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Syllabus
To be able to ace DMRC Recruitment 2018, candidate needs to study General Awareness, Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, English and the relevant discipline which he/she has studied.
Following table covers the syllabus required to be covered for DMRC Recruitment 2018:
|Subject||Topics to be Covered|
|General Awareness||Famous personalities, Inventions and discoveries, Books and authors, Calendar First largest, longest in world, Languages Music, Currencies, Statistical Data- world, Abbreviations & Important Days and many more, World Organizations, Trade awareness, Major Financial/Economic News, Who is who?, Solar system, Prizes and Awards, Earth, Environment and Pollution, General Geography, History, Economics, Polity, General Science, Computer Science, National Events, science and technology, Sports and recreation and economy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Elementary Mathematics, Arithmetic, number system, square roots, cube roots, fractions and decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, verification, chain rule, ratio and proportion, average, logarithms, commercial math, Unitary Method, Decimal Fractions, simple interest, compound interest, percentage, profit and loss, partnership, discount, measurements- areas and volumes, area and perimeter of plane figure, volume and surface of solid, ages, boats and streams, clocks and calendars, mixture and allegation, pipes and cisterns, races and games, problems on trains, unitary methods, time and distance, work and wages|
|Logical Ability||Analytical reasoning, direction and distance, linear arrangements, verbal analogies, classifications, coding and decoding, number and alphabet series, blood relations, symbols and notations, data sufficiency, data interpretation, logical puzzles, syllogisms, statement and assumptions, statements and arguments, statement and conclusions, statements and action, symmetry, visual ability, non-verbal analogy|
|General English||Vocabulary, Synonyms and antonyms, Spelling Errors, Idioms and Phrases, One word substitution, Sentence Formation, Cloze Tests, Formation and Re-arrangement of sentence in paragraph, English usage errors, Inappropriate use of words and Sentence correction, English Comprehension, Sentence Formation, Sentence Correction, Sentence Completion, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Reconstruction, Re-arrangement of words in a sentence, spotting error and common errors|
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Result
Result of DMRC Recruitment 2018 is expected to be released nearly 3 months after the test is being conducted for respective post. Those who appear for the exam must visit the official website of Delhi metro to check their DMRC Results. Candidates can view the result for DMRC Recruitment 2018 by going through following steps:
- Go to the official website of DMRC i.e. delhimtrorail.com
- Click on – ‘Careers.’
- Candidates will be able to see the result links for various posts.
- Click on – ‘List of shortlisted candidates for relevant post.’
- List will be shown and candidate will be able to find their name in the list in case he/she is selected.
- Candidates who are selected need to appear for screening process, as mentioned on the website.
DMRC Recruitment 2018 Cut Off
Like all other recruitment exams, for selection in DMRC, candidates need to clear a minimum DMRC 2018 Cut off. The expected cut off for various posts under DMRC Recruitment 2018 is as follows:
|Junior Engineer (Electronics)||58||56||46||42|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||66||61||55||49|
|Station Controller/Train Operator||47||43||39||35.|
|Customer Relations Assistant||56||51||46||36|
|Assistant Manager (Electrical)||57||53||49||52|
The cut off depends on several factors such as- level of difficulty of the exam, number of candidates appearing for the test and number of vacancies among others.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College