CUSAT 2018 Application Form
CUSAT 2018 Application Form will be available online from the 1st week of February 2018. Candidates are expected to keep checking the official website for updates and any change of dates.
- CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form will be available only on the official website, www.cusat.nic.in. No center distributes hard copies of the form.
- Candidates need to register with CUSAT CAT website by choosing the option for Indian candidate or Foreign candidate.
- Once registered candidate will get an applicant ID with the help of which one needs to log in and fill CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form.
- Payment is the 3rd step in completing the form filling process. Without completion of payment, the submit button will not become active.
- Ensure that once CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form is submitted one should take a print out of the confirmation page.
- Candidates applying through GATE or any other management exam score must email their results to email@example.com.
- This acknowledgment printout will help in the admission processes in future.
CUSAT CAT (Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test) is a Government affiliated University which conducts various entrance examinations to judge candidates for their various academic programs.
The fee structure for CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form is as follows:
- For general candidate, it is INR 1000
- For SC/ST candidates it is INR 500
- For International candidates US$ 100
- For NRI students INR 6000
- For diploma and certificate programs INR 100
- And same for SC/ST is INR 50
- Also, candidates can opt for Dubai as test center however the fee is INR 10,000 for the same.
Highlights for CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form
For all updates related to CUSAT CAT 2018 one must refer to the official website on a regular basis. With the nearing of the exam, CUSAT CAT 2018 website will host a number of mock tests which are recommended for aspiring students. It will ensure a good amount of practice and candidate can also grasp the exam pattern followed in this exam.
|CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form||February 08, 2018 to February 28, 2018|
|Admit card||April 15, 2018 to April 30, 2018|
|Result||May 25, 2018|
|Mock test||Available online for practice|
|Undergraduate program||minimum 50% marks|
|Post graduate program||minimum 60% marks|
|Face to face interview||yes|
|Selection in college||Depends on the overall score in test, group discussion and personal interview|
Read more CUSAT CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Dates for CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form
CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form dates are mentioned below. Please note that these dates are tentative and can change without prior intimation. It is always advisable that aspirants register for the examinations within the dates as mentioned below.
|Online registration begins||February 08, 2018|
|Registration last date without late fee||February 28, 2018|
|Last date for registration along with late fee||March 06, 2018|
|Last date of fee payment for International Candidates||April 30, 2018|
|Admit card release||April 15, 2018|
|Exam date||April 29-30, 2018|
CUSAT CAT 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must go through the details of the eligibility criteria before applying for CUSAT CAT 2018. CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form has clearly categorized the eligibility based on the course one will opt for. A snapshot is as below:
- 10+2 from a recognized board.
- 50% marks in Mathematics is a must.
- 50% marks in aggregate for combined subjects - Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is required.
B.Tech - Marine Engineering:
- 10+2 from a recognized board with a combination Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English is mandatory
- The applicant must have 60% and above marks in an aggregate for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together
- A minimum of 50% in Mathematics alone is mandatory
- Age Criterion - Applicants age must not be more than 25 years as on 1st September 2018
- Vocational degree/ Diploma holders are not eligible to apply
- A Bachelor of Engineering or a B.Tech degree from a recognized university
- Candidate must secure a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying examination as aforesaid
- One must appear in GATE exam and should hold a valid GATE score card
- Minimum GATE score for ensuring eligibility will be updated once the GATE score is out.
BBA/ LLB (Hons) and B.Com (Hons):
- A minimum of 60% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board to be eligible for BBA
- 55% marks is compulsory for Arts and Commerce students to become eligible for LLB courses
- There should not be any gap in academic calendar for each student
- Age criterion - Not more than 20 years as on 1st July 2018 (22 years for SC/ST and OBC applicants)
- Above are for Indian Nationals and the same will be applicable for NRI students with relevant marks from recognized universities
- Science graduate with Mathematics as one of the subjects
- Graduate in Electronics/ Information Technology (IT)/ Computer Applications/ Computer Science/ Engineering/ Technology with 55% score (except language & humanities)
How to Fill CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form?
Candidates need to apply for CUSAT CAT 2018 through an online application. Please make a note that CUSAT CAT 2018 does not have any center for distribution of form. Neither does any office accept application in hard copy to be submitted to the campus. The entire application procedure will happen through the official website.
Step 1: Registration:
- It is essential for the candidate to register for the examination and create a user id for further processing.
- Without creating a user ID and registering for the same, students will not be able to apply for the exam.
- Using valid email address and mobile number, one needs to create the user id.
- A one-time password is sent to both the email address and mobile number for authentication purpose.
- Once the one-time password is fed into the pop-up box, it confirms registration.
- Students need to remember the password they create at this juncture which will be used in opening the online portal for application and other purposes in future.
Step 2: CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form:
- CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form will be available on the official website from the first week of February 2018.
- This is a tentative date till now and can be altered based on management’s decision.
- One needs to keep checking the website for the latest update on the dates for any change.
- Candidate needs to download the application form and fill it up carefully.
- Last year no window was given for any correction of the application form.
- CUSAT CAT 2018 has decided to keep that as an option; however, it might also be void depending on the council’s decision.
- All will be informed to students through website update.
Step 3: Details that need to be filled:
- Educational certificates from lowest to highest in order.
- The Photo id proof should be mentioned that will be provided.
- The address proof needs to be ticked that will be uploaded.
Step 4: Payment tab:
- Once the CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form is duly filled, the page will automatically redirect to the payment page.
- One can choose the mode of payment as per one’s convenience.
- There are payment modes like; credit card, debit card, net banking available.
- Once the payment mode is selected, a candidate can make the payment based on the amount that is appropriate for him or her as per subject selection.
Step 5: Preview and save:
- Once the payment is made, a candidate can preview before saving the same.
- It is advisable to ensure that the preview of the filled in form is done carefully to avoid any possible blunders that might lead to rejection of the form.
- After reviewing students need to click on the save button.
Step 6: Printout:
- When candidate hits the save button, he or she will get an option for printing the same.
- The page will ensure confirmation of the payment received along with a successful application for the exam.
- Please ensure that a printout of the above is taken for future reference.
- Once the CUSAT CAT 2018 scores are out, this receipt will be required for processing further when students will be called for group discussion and personal interview.
Details in CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form
The below are the details on the form that needs to be filled with correct information. The form changes a little each year with some addition and some deductions, however the basic remains more or less same.
|Detail to be filled||Particulars|
|Academic details||Qualification oldest to latest|
|Address||Postal address along with zip code|
|Current residence||Within India|
|Father's name||Full name|
|Email address||valid email address|
|Date of birth||MM/DD/YYYY|
|Phone number||Valid mobile number|
|Non-Indian||Detail with passport number|
|Aadhar card number||UAN|
|Have ever attempted CUSAT CAT exam before||Yes or No|
|Address proof||Need to tick on the option from the available options|
|Id proof||Need to tick on the option from the available options|
|GATE exam if appeared ever||Yes or No|
|GATE score if applicable||Mention the score|
Application Form Correction
The below steps elucidate the process for correction in application forms submitted for CUSAT CAT 2018. This process will be tentatively introduced in 2018 to enable students to correct/ modify any information on the submitted forms:
- The confirmation will be shared in the form of the website update.
- Students are expected to keep track of all the updates on this.
- If form correction option is provided, then it will be a strict window of a week.
- In case a form correction option is not made available, the students are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting their registration numbers as a mandate.
Q1. How many CUSAT CAT 2018 Application Form can one submit?
It depends upon the courses one needs to apply for. Each course needs a separate application procedure.
Q2. If applying for more than one course, does one need to register and create as many ids?
Only one id per candidate is more than enough for a seamless application for more than one course.
Q3. Is a valid mobile number and email address necessary?
Yes, since it will be required during registration for a one time password. Also it will be useful incase candidate forgets the password.
Q4. Do I need to collect admit card from any center?
CUSAT CAT 2018 Admit Card will be available online on the official website for students to download and take a print.
Q5. What is the marking scheme that CUSAT CAT 2018 follows?
For every correct answer, students can fetch 3 marks each and for every incorrect answer there will be a negative mark of value 1.