CUCET 2018: Result, Merit List and Counselling
CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is a national level test which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. CUCET is conducted by every year and Rajasthan University is the conducting body of CUCET 2018.
- CUCET 2018 application process starts in March and the result is usually declared by May.
- Students are then allocated their desired course in the University of their Choice, provided they meet the CUCET eligibility criteria.
- Any student who has cleared 10+2 exam can appear for the CUCET 2018 undergraduate exam.
- Admission to candidates will be granted subject to course-wise eligibility, decided by respective university.
- The application process is online only, though students can make payment through offline mode as well.
- For added convenience of applicants, CUCET 2018 Admit Card will be published online.
- The exam will be held in the month of May 2018.
- Counselling process commences upon the declaration of CUCET Result.
- The Central body, conducting this exam, reserves the rights to cancel a center in case less than 100 candidates opt for it
- CUCET 2018 exam pattern consists of two parts, which tests the analytical knowledge and subject knowledge of the student.
Students can take CUCET 2018 exam to seek admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities. Courses offered under CUCET 2018 include undergraduate, integrated, post graduate, diploma, and Ph.D programs. Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2018 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2018
|SNo.||Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|1||UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|2||B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2018 Highlights
The table below gives a brief information on CUCET 2018 exam:
|Date of Exam||May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Central University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections and Number of Questions||Part A: 25 questions Part B: 75 questions Some Integrated Papers: 100 questions|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs|
Dates for CUCET 2018
Candidates can fill the forms online from March 2018 to April 2018. Exact dates are not declared yet. The two-hour test is conducted offline at different centers across the country.
Please take a look at some of the important CUCET 2018 dates:
|Online Application Starts||Second week of March 2018|
|Late date for Online Application||Third week of April 2018|
|Issue date of Admit Card||First week of May 2018|
|Exam Dates||Third week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Upload||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||Third week of June 2018|
CUCET 2018 Eligibility
There is a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2018. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates.
There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2018. Candidates can apply for UG, integrated, PG, and research programs. It is advised to students to go through the specific CUCET eligibility criteria of each university individually for their respective course before applying for CUCET 2018.
General eligibility criteria for courses is given below:
|UG||50% in 12th||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
|45% in 12th||SC/ST|
|PG||55% in UG||Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUCET 2018 Eligibility for PhD Program
- If one has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other National level Exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2018.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
To make things a little easier for you, we have collated a sheet of university codes:
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK|
|Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND|
CUCET 2018 Application Form
CUCET 2018 Application Form will be available online only. Students can make both online and offline payment for the form. The process of filling the test form is quite easy.
Here are some of the steps that a candidate must follow:
- Visit the official portal of CUCET 2018 and go to 'Apply'
- Select the level of program – UG, PG, or research
- Fill in your personal details like name, email address, phone number, address, date of birth, and password.
- You will receive a confirmation message and mail on your registered mobile number and email address respectively.
- Now, you will have to fill in the online application form for CUCET 2018
- Upload your photo and signature. Go through the guidelines to upload your signature and photograph before filling the application.
- You can register for up to three courses in the selected program in each university. An add-on fee may be applied in case you want to apply additional (extra) course(s).
- Make payment after checking all the filled details
CUCET 2018 allows candidates to appear for the exam provisionally subject to the final verification of eligibility criteria.
CUCET 2018 Application Fees
|Category||Online Fee Payment Through Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Fee Payment Through E-Challan|
|General/OBC||INR 800 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 400 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 450|
Note: All PWD candidates are exempted from CUCET 2018 fees as per GOI Order F. No. 16-110/2003-DD.III dated 26th February 2013.
CUCET 2018 Admit Card
CUCET 2018 Admit Card will be issued in the 1st week of May. It is important to carry your admit card when appearing for the exam. Once online, admit card is easy to download.
A candidate can do so by following below mentioned steps:
- Go to the CUCET website
- Click on the message “Admit cards for CUCET-2018 has been uploaded, please click here to download”
- Enter application number, password, and verification code
- Click submit and download the card.
Admit card is one of the most important documents. Keep it safe until the time your admission process is completed.
CUCET 2018 Exam Centers
There is a total of 76 exam centers in India where students can go and take examinations. In case less than 100 students register for a test center then it will automatically be canceled. Candidates will be informed in advance in such a case. Candidates can select the CUCET exam center of their choice. In such cases, students are informed in advance so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Below is the list of 76 CUCET 2018 test centers:
|Test City||State||Test City||State|
|Calicut||Kerala||New Delhi||New Delhi|
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern
CUCET 2018 exam paper consists of two parts. Part A has questions based on Analytical skills. This section will have 25 multiple choice questions. Part B covers domain knowledge and can have 2, 3 or 4 sections. This part has 75 multiple choice questions. Each wrong answer in the paper will result in negative marking. 1 mark will get deducted for every wrong answer and 3 marks are given for every correct choice marked.
The main highlights of CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern are:
- Part A: CUCET 2018 Part A has question to check analytical skills, English Language, General Awareness and Mathematical Aptitude of candidates
- Part B: CUCET 2018 Part B checks domain knowledge of candidates. It may be divided into one, two or three sections.
- The total number of questions are 100. Part A has 25 questions and Part B has 75 questions.
- Every incorrect answer leads to negative marking. For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- For every correct answer, a candidate bags 3 marks.
- Total exam duration is 2 hours.
- Candidates are required to mark only one answer on their OMR sheets.
- An answer would be canceled if more than one mark is found on the OMR sheet.
- CUCET 2018 national exam is conducted by the Central University Rajasthan.
- For certain integrated programs, only one question paper comes with 100 questions.
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100 questions; 25 in Part A and 75 in Part B|
|Negative Marking||Yes. -1 for a wrong answer|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
CUCET 2018 Syllabus
CUCET 2018 will have different courses offered by 10 universities. The exam allows candidates to apply for undergraduate programs, postgraduate exams, and research exams. Students are requested to go the official site of CUCET to find out the syllabus of their choice of courses. Go to the official website and click syllabus tab. Under syllabus, you can choose the course name to find out the syllabus.
CUCET 2018 Results
Candidates can expect CUCET 2018 Results in the month of June. Students can check their result online on the official website of CUCET. Follow the below steps to check and download your exam result.
- Go to the official website of CUCET 2018
- Click on the ‘Download the CUCET Result 2018’ link
- Enter details such as registration number, password, and date of birth.
- Click submit
- Result will be displayed on the screen
- Print your score card for future references.
The answer key of the exam is released in the month of May. Corrected answer key, if any grievances found, is released in the fourth week of May.
CUCET 2018 Cut Off
CUCET Cut offwill depend on the overall performance by students in the entrance exam. Each university releases its own cut off list for the courses they offer. Candidates with declared cut off marks are only eligible for appearing in the counselling process of CUCET 2018. To know the cut off list of your course, it is advisable to keep visiting the official website on a regular basis.
To give the candidates a fair idea of cut off marks, we have collated a sheet of general cut off of CUCET 2017.
|Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cut off Marks||Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cut off Marks|
|MA Folkloristics||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||32||L.L.M.||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||164|
|Ph.D. Nutrition Biology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||90||L.L.M.||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||164|
|MA Mathematics||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||92||Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||142|
|MA Tribal Law and Governance||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||103||Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||157|
|Ph.D. Microbiology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||111||M.Sc Computational Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||142|
|M.Tech Information Technology||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||113||MA Tourism Management||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||143|
|Ph.D. Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||118||M.Sc Medicinal Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||143|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||127||M.Tech Computer Science & Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155||M.Tech Cyber Security||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155||MA Political Science||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||154|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||162||MA Political Science||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||164|
|M.Phil. Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||128||MA Political Science||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||185|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||129||BA + MA Tibetan||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||155|
|MA Vocal||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||129||Ph.D. Kannada||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||130||MBA Agri-Business||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155|
|MA English||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||131||MA Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA English||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||183||MA Education||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA English||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||202||MA Education||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||182|
|MA English||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||241||MA Hindi||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA History||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||132||MA Hindi||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA History||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||133||MA Hindi||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||242|
|MA History||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||160||M.A. Convergent Journalism||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||156|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||133||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||157|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||134||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||181|
|M.Sc Food Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||136||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||185|
|L.L.M.||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||139||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||185|
CUCET 2018 Counselling
CUCET 2018 Counselling will most probably start in June 2018. This is the final process to get admission to their preferred course. The process is held for allotment of the course depending on the student's exam performance and merit. Each university has different number of counselling rounds. Usually there are up to 2 rounds of counselling.
After the result is declared, eligible candidates will be intimated for CUCET Counselling session. A candidate will be allocated the seat based on the following factors:
- Secured rank in CUCET 2018 examination
- Eligibility criteria for the course in the respective university
- Availability of seat in the preferred course
At the time of counselling, students need to take their mark sheets or degree with them. Check with your respective university on what all documents to be taken before you appear for the counselling session. Unless a candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria, admission by CUCET 2018 would not be entitled.
List of basic documents required for counselling CUCET 2018:
- Mark sheet/Passing Certificate of 10th class
- Mark sheet/Passing Certificate of 12th class
- All semesters Mark sheet of degree course (if any)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- CUCET 2018 admit card
- CUCET 2018 valid score card
- 5 passport size color photographs
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST candidates)
- Identity proof (Voter ID/Driving License/Adhar Card)
- Any other University-specific document