CTET is most sought after and the only gateway for getting a teaching job in the schools at the junior and primary level. Qualifying CTET is the minimum eligibility requirement now defined for teachers who are working at any government, public or private school.
The candidates who are willing to pursue a teaching career must thus prepare seriously for the CTET exam. CTET examination has also become mandatory under the RTE (Right To Education Act) act so that the teacher vacancies are filled with the qualified and capable teachers. CBSE is the responsible for conducting CTET along with some other government bodies.
CTET exam pattern has not got any changes since the exam was introduced. So candidates can appear for paper 1/ paper 2 or both paper 1 and paper 2 depending upon the eligibility criteria and scope of work.
- CTET exam will be held in pencil paper mode.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- No negative marking for any wrong answer.
- 150 minutes is the duration of each of the exam.
- CTET practice paper must be checked online before the commencement of preparation.
CTET gives you an opportunity to work with:
- The central Government Schools (KVS, Tibetian schools, NVS, etc.)
- Private schools which do not receive aid from the government.
- A school in the UT’s including Andaman & Nicobar Island & Chhattisgarh.
- Public schools and State government schools of every state. (They will consider only if they do not consider TET)
CTET Preparation for Child Development and Pedagogy
Important topics for Child Development and Pedagogy:
- Theories of Intelligence
- Theories of Child Development
- Learning theories
- Intelligence theories
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Concepts of Psychology
Read How to Prepare for Child Development and Pedagogy for CTET
As you want to perform well in the child development section, so you need to make must do the following things:
- 15 questions from each of the sub section will be asked from the child development section.
- The questions will be asked related to ideology and principle of thinkers under the child development section.
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs is important as 5 questions are asked from the topic.
- Preparation of topic thinkers thoughts and principle well.
- Revise the previous year question papers.
Important books for child development and pedagogy section:
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy||Pearson Education||9332541302|
|Child Development & Pedagogy: Paper 1 & 2 of CTET||By Shalini Punjabi (Disha Publications)||9385576550|
|CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II)||Arihant Publications||9311130737|
|Child Development & Pedagogy for CTET & STET (Hindi)||Disha publications||9382961224|
Preparation tips for Language I and Language II CTET
Both language I and Language II will have 30 questions each. The questions are of MCQ type. The topics covered in both the sections are different. The language section is designed to test the comprehension skills and grammatical skills related to the language.
Usually language I will be the prime or the local language for a candidate and language II will be the second language that is used by the people for communication. The student has to choose Language I and Language II different from each other.
Click Here for Best Books for CTET Preparation
Preparation tips for Language I:
- The medium of instruction (language which is used to give instructions in classes) proficiency will be checked in the language I section.
- A lot of practice is needed to master the language I section.
- The language I am usually the regional language, in our case, it is Hindi selected by most of the candidates.
- Online tests series must be practiced to excel in the section.
- Time management and planning must be done to improve the performance of the section.
- Two unseen passages will be asked- one will be prose and other the drama. Prose question can be literally, scientific, narrative or discursive.
- One question will come on the basis of a poem given in the question paper.
- Inference based questions will be asked.
- Questions on grammar and verbal ability.
Preparation tips for Language II:
- Language II is the second primary language used in the region.
- Questions will be similar in pattern to the language I.
- Questions will be asked to test the grammatical skills in language II.
- Two unseen prose questions will come, which can be discursive, literary, narrative or scientific.
Common tips for the language I and language II:
- Do a lot of practice in order to excel in the language.
- Buy a basic grammar book and learn about the various parts of speeches for both part I and part II.
- Regular reading is an important habit for both languages I and language II.
- Read the syllabus guidelines carefully before jumping to the practice.
- Do practical training for the teaching methods, so you can answer the questions innovatively.
Important books for Language I and Language II CTET:
|Study Package for CTET||Mcgraw Hill Education||9789339218171|
|Study Guide for CTET Paper 1 – English||Disha Publication||938584640X|
|CTET & TETs English Language Paper I & II||ARIHANT||9789311121673|
CTET Preparation for Mathematics Paper I and Paper II
As mathematics questions are asked in both paper I and paper II, so a planned strategy must be made on the basis of the important guidelines defined for the teachers. The basic questions will be asked from the syllabus and the following must be used for preparation. Read How to Prepare for Mathematics in CTET
- Revise NCERT books: Students appearing for the paper I/paper II must revise the NCERT books of mathematics prescribed by the CBSE authorities from class I - V/ VI-VIII depending upon the paper code.
- Practice mock tests: Previous year papers are important to excel in the CTET exam. A lot of websites are offering mock practice exam. Enrol in an online CTET program or join coaching center to excel in the exam.
- Sample papers: Before the exam, CBSE will produce sample papers which must be practiced so that the exam type, pattern and format of the questions can be easily understood.
- Questions on pedagogy: Mathematics paper will also have questions on pedagogy, students must have good knowledge and understanding of these questions. Practical methods with their practical implementation and ability to teach these methods must be understood. A sound knowledge of formative and non-formative assessment should be learned here.
- All questions must be attempted: As there is no negative marking so all questions must be attempted as every mark counts.
|CTET Central Teachers Eligibility Test CBSE Syllabus Teachers from Classes VI to VIII Mathematics & Science||Sura College of Competition||8172544294|
|Class Notes of Maths||Rakesh Yadav Publication||8193209451|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy||Pearson Education||9332575150|
|CTET/STETs: Paper-II||Ramesh Publishing House||9350121662|
CTET Preparation for environmental studies
- The syllabus defined for the class I to class VIII in geography must be covered to prepare well for the exam.
- The questions will be general and basic but NCERT books of class I to V and Geography book of class VI to VIII must be covered.
- Reading newspaper is important and seeing daily newspaper clips to perform well on the questions of general awareness.
- Prepare for the previous year’s sample papers and questions papers available online.
- Join online test series where the questions are asked related to the topic.
- Take a random quiz on General awareness and environmental studies to perform well in the exam.
- Time management is important to attempt the questions, as they all appear easy but answering can be tricky sometimes as proximate data is available.
- Join online test groups for preparation and keep referring to the blogs related to CTET.
Important books for CTET environmental studies
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy||Arihant||9311130788|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||WILEY||9788126561988|
|UPTET & CTET ENVIRONMENTAL Studies||Youth Competition Times||B01M613OP9|
|Teacher Eligibility Test Environmental Studies||Upkar Prakashan||9789350133378|
Preparation tips for science CTET
- Only 30 questions will be asked in this section of MCQ type which will be from basic class VI to VIII syllabus.
- NCERT books from class I to VIII must be studies to perform well.
- Solve all the practice problems given in the science books.
- Questions on pedagogy and practical problem-solving questions will be asked.
- Solve the practice problems in the online test series and sample papers defined for CTET.
- Join online test groups to prepare for the science section.
- Questions on unit conversion and basic of cells formation will be asked.
- Very few questions on chemistry.
Best books for preparation of science CTET
|CTET & TETs for Class VI-VIII||Arihant Publications||931113080X|
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) Paper II (Mathematics & Science)||Sura College of Competition|| |
|CTET & TETs Paper-II for Class VI-VIII MATHS & SCIENCE||Arihant Publications||9789385873621|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant publications||9311121525|
|CTET Success Master Science||Arihant Publications||9312140221|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Science and Pedagogy||Pearson||9332575142|
Preparation tips for social science Paper II CTET
- Class I- VIII syllabus defined under environmental science and social science must be covered.
- Questions will be asked on fundamental concepts of cultural, economic and political skills.
- Social science questions will be designed on how our society works.
- Study the NCERT books to perform well in the section.
- Prepare micro notes on ancient history, medieval history and modern history to excel in the history section.
- To enhance the performance of the economy and polity sections, one must regularly read newspapers and see news on news channels.
- Basic questions can be asked on the constitution of India.
- Make short notes of the historical data especially the dates and the era.
- Do a lot of online practice to identify your weak areas and to perform well in the section.
- A mock test designed especially for the section must be done.
- A lot of hard work is needed to perform well in the section as plenty of data is available.
Best books for social science
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper II: Social Science Teacher Selection (For Class VI - VIII)||Access Publishing||938345461X|
|15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II Social Studies/Science Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII||Arihant||9311121592|
|Wiley's CTET Exam Goalpost, Paper II, Social Studies / Social Science, Class VI-VIII, 2017: Solved Papers & Mock Tests with Complete Solutions||Wiley||8126565578|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant||9311121525|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College