CTET 2018- Central Teacher Eligibility Test
CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) is conducted by CBSE which aims at providing eligibility for the selection of teachers in all Central Government schools, namely Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya, etc. It is conducted twice a year, in February and September. Some of the private schools have also made this exam mandatory for the recruitment of teachers. The application procedure is expected to begin soon.
- CTET 2018 Application Form can be filled through the official website www.ctet.nic.in.
- The exam is conducted in two stages i.e. Primary stage and Elementary stage.
- To appear in CTET 2018, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Education with minimum 50% marks. Check CompleteEligibility
- Payment of application fee can be made either through debit/credit/online gateway or through e-challan.
- The exam will be held in the month of April 2018. However, the official dates will be released soon.
- The qualifying certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of declaration of CTET results.
- There are 2 papers, each of them comprise150 questions and carry 150 marks.
- Scribe facility will be given to candidates with more than 40% disability.
CTET 2018 comprises 2 papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Aspiring teachers for class 1-5 must appear for Paper 1 and aspirants for class 6-8 must appear for Paper 2. Both papers will be conducted on the same day in different sessions. Candidates can also apply for both the papers. Those who acquire more than 60% in CTET will receive Eligibility certificate through speed post. CheckCTET Previous Year Papers
CTET 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Periodicity||Biannual (April and September)|
|Purpose||Selection of Primary and Elementary Teachers in Central Government Schools|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes (both papers)|
|CTET 2018 Exam Date||April 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Senior Secondary with 50% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Attempts||No restriction|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
Important Dates for CTET 2018
Candidates must follow the dates given in the table below for CTET to be held in February 2018. The dates are tentative and candidates should check the official notification to be updated about the exam.
|CTET 2018 application form availability||February 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||March 2018|
|Last date for submission of application fee||March 2018|
|Application form correction||March 2018|
|Admit Card availability||April 2018|
|CTET 2018 exam date||April 2018|
|Result declaration||May 2018|
|CTET 2018 certificates’ dispatch||June 2018|
CTET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates applying for the exam are required to check CTET Eligibility before applying.Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2018 for any of the papers will receive a CTET eligibility certificate. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will be provided with a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in the Academic Eligibility of CTET.
The minimum age to appear for CTET 2018 is 18 years. Detailed eligibility criteria for Primary stage and Elementary stage are different. They are as follows:
Primary Teacher (Paper I)
If any of the following criteria is fulfilled, candidates can apply to become a teacher of classes 1-5:
- Candidates must have completed senior secondary with a minimum of 50% mark; also, he/she must have passed a 2-year-diploma in elementary education.
- A minimum of 50% agregate marks is required in senior secondary exams.
- A 4-year degree in Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed) is also prefered.
Elementary Teacher (Paper II)
If any of the following criteria is fulfilled, candidates can apply to become a teacher for classes 6-8:
- Graduated or must have passed or must be appearing for the final year of 2-year-diploma in Elementary Education.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in senior secondary and must have cleared or must be appearing in the 1 year Bachelor of Education program (B.Ed).
- Must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in senior secondary and must have cleared or must be appearing in the 1 year B.Ed program according to the NCTE Regulations.
CTET 2018 Application Form
CTET 2018 notification is expected to release soon on the official website. CTET 2018 Application Form can be filled online by visiting the official website in February 2018. The online application process includes filling the form, uploading of documents, payment of fees and printing the confirmation page.
Steps to fill CTET 2018 Application Form are given below:
Step 1- Filling Application Form
- Visit the official website, www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for CTET 2018”
- Enter personal details in the form, as mentioned in the class 10 certificate.
- Choose any 3 exam centers, preferred language and paper option
- Fill academic, communication and other required details and enter security text.
Step 2- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once done, upload the photograph in the prescribed format and in jpeg format.
- Upload the signature in jpeg format.
Step 3- Paying the Application Fee
- After the uploading of images, automatically redirected to the fee payment page
- Choose the payment option; whether online or through challan
- For online payment, select payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking)
- In case of debit card, enter card number, validity and CVV number
- For payment by credit card, enter card number and pin and CVV
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and deposit the fee in Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank
Step 4- Print Confirmation Page
- A preview of the final page will be displayed on the screen.
- Print it for a record and future processes.
- Hard copy must not be sent to CTET office.
Candidates can make the payment by both online and offline modes. In online mode, payment can be made through credit card, debit card or net banking. If candidates choose the offline mode, they must choose the option of e-challan and submit in any Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank. Applicants can refer to the below mentioned fee according to the category they belong to.
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||INR 600||INR 300|
|Both Papers||INR 1000||INR 500|
CTET 2018 Admit Card
CTET 2018 Admit Card will be released as per the notification published on the website of CTET. Particulars on the admit card should match the details given on the confirmation page. Candidates are advised to check all details on the admit card for any discrepancies and report to the authority regarding any corrections.
- Visit official website of CTET i.e. www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on the tab ‘Admit Card’.
- Enter Registration Number and Password
- Click on submit after verifying the details on it
- Download and print CTET 2018 Admit Card.
CTET 2018 Admit Card is a necessary document to be brought to the exam hall along with a photo ID proof. ID proof may be any of the following:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
CTET 2018 Exam Centers
During the filling of application form, candidates will be asked to fill in 3 preferences for exam centers. CTET 2018 will provide candidates with centers possible at every major location of India. Therefore, they will have to make a choice as per their convenience. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance. Given below are 92 exam centers that candidates can opt for:
CTET 2018 Exam Pattern
CTET Pattern consists of 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is for candidates who intend to become a teacher for classes 1 to 5. Paper 2 of is for candidates who wish to teach students from classes 6 to 8. Candidates can refer to the below table for CTET Exam Pattern highlights:
30 x 5
Exam duration is 150 minutes
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
No marks deducted for incorrect answer
It will be an online test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 180 questions in the exam
CTET 2018 Paper 1 is predicted to be an online test. It is bilingual in nature i.e. both Hindi and English are the media in which the exam paper is represented. The duration of the examination is 2 hours 30 minutes with 1 mark awarded for every correct answer and no mark deducted for any incorrect answer.
Paper 1 has five sections with 30 questions in each section. The sections are Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies. The questions are of Multiple-Choice-Question (MCQ) type. There are 150 questions and maximum marks that can be secured are 150.
CTET 2018 Paper 2 will be online test. It is bilingual in nature, Hindi and English are the two medium of language. Duration is 2 hours 30 minutes with 1 mark awarded for every correct answer and no mark deduced for any incorrect answer.
Paper 2 comprises 5 sections. The sections are Child Development and Pedagogy (30 questions), Language I (30 questions), Language II (30 questions), Mathematics and Science (60 questions), Social Studies/Social Science(60 questions). The questions are of objective type. There are 150 questions and maximum marks that can be secured are 150.
CTET 2018 Syllabus
CTET Paper 1 is for aspirants of Primary Stage Teachers and Paper 2 is for aspirants of Elementary Stage Teachers. Candidates can also appear for both the papers. Paper 1 Syllabus comprises Child Development and Pedagogy, wherein it focuses on educational psychology and teaching of children aged 6-11. Language section will contain comprehension, language development and unseen passages.
Check Complete CTET Syllabus
Paper 2 Syllabus comprises 5 sections viz., Child Development and Pedagogy for children aged 11-14 years, Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics and Science and Social Science. Language 1 and Language 2 will contain questions from comprehension and language development.
CTET 2018 Result
CTET 2018 Result shall be declared on the official website in the month of May 2018. Answer Key for both the papers will be released before announcement of result. CTET certificate is generated and sent by speed post for candidates securing more than 60% marks in the test. CTET Mark statement will be sent by ordinary post to other candidates.
Steps to download the result is as follows:
- Go to the official page of CTET, www.ctet.net.in
- Search for the tab ‘CTET Result 2018’
- Click the link and enter the registration number and password (if required)
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and print for future use.
CTET certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of result declaration for all category candidates. There is no limitation on the number of times one can apply for CTET. Candidates can re-appear for the exam to improve their scores. In case one loses their Mark Statement or Eligibility Certificate, they can get a duplicate copy by paying an amount of INR 200 in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education payable at Delhi.
CTET 2018 Cut off
Cut off is the minimum marks required to clear the exam and receive CTET Mark Statement. Candidates who score more than 60% will receive Eligibility Certificate. CTET cut off is released after the declaration of results. The table below states the expected cut off for CTET 2018:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College