CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form, Exam dates, Pattern
CSIR will hold the UGC NET tentatively on December 17, 2017. The exam is conducted for selection of candidates for Junior Research Fellowship and/or Assistant Lectureship. The exam is conducted for Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science. Read CSIR UGC NET in Hindi
- CSIR UGC NET Application form 2017 is available at www.csirhrdg.res.in from August 23, 2017 till September 16, 2017. Apply Here
- The application fee for General category candidates is INR 1000, for OBC Non-Creamy layer category candidates is INR 500, and for SC/ ST/ Person with Disability category candidates is INR 250.
- Last date to submit CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form is September 16, 2017.
- Candidate should have an M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/ BE/ B.Tech/ BPharma/ MBBS with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- CSIR UGC NET 2017 is an offline mode exam with duration 3 hours.Check Here CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern 2017
- The exam paper will consist of MCQ type questions worth 200 marks.
- The syllabus will differ according to the subjects opted for.
- CSIR UGC NET 2017 Result will be announced on the official website in the month of January 2018.
- Separate merit list is published for JRF (NET) and LS (NET).
|CSIR UGC NET 2017 December Exam|
|Name of the Exam||Joint CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducted by||CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)|
|Applicability||For Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship|
|Type of Paper||Single paper MCQ Based Test|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates
CSIR UGC NET is a single paper MCQ based test conducted over two sessions on a single day. The examination will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM. The detailed CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates are provided below:
|CSIR UGC NET 2017 Online application process starts from||August 23, 2017|
|Last date for depositing CSIR UGC NET 2017 application fee||September 15, 2017|
|Last date to submit CSIR UGC NET 2017 online application form||September 16, 2017|
|Last date of receipt of hard copy of the application form at the Examination Unit (except remote areas)||September 23, 2017|
|Last date of receipt of hard copy of the application form at the Examination Unit in remote areas||October 3, 2017|
|Tentative date of publication of list of registered candidates||November 17, 2017|
|Issue of CSIR UGC NET 2017 admit card online||First week of December, 2017|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for this exam before applying to confirm that they meet all requirements. The detailed CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility is given below.
- Candidates must have a M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS - 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- For General and OBC-NCL candidates, a minimum of 55% marks and for SC / ST / physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required in this degree.
- Those enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with bachelor’s degree must be registered / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD programme to be eligible for CSIR.
- PhD degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991 with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for only Lectureship.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Junior Research Fellowship (NET) –
- Candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age as on 01-01-2017.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC / ST / OBC-NCL / Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates.
- For Lectureship (NET) –
- There is no upper age limit.
How to Apply for CSIR UGC NET 2017?
The step by step instructions to apply online for CSIR UGC NET 2017 are explained below:
- Visit the official website of CSIR UGC NET.
- After ensuring you meet the eligibility criteria, download the Fee Deposit Challan from the website.
- Visit the branch of any Indian Bank and deposit the fee amount.
- Make a special note of the Journal Number provided to you by the bank.
- You can now fill out the online CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form.
- Make sure you have the following information ready before you start the form filling procedure:
- Subject name
- Exam Centre
- Date of Birth
- Educational Details and Marks obtained in relevant exams
- Challan details (Bank name, Branch/city name, Branch code, Journal No, challan date)
- Visit the CSIR website again to access the application form.
- Click on "Apply Online" button present at the end of the page.
- Enter all requisite details in the application form.
- Verify all information before final submission of the form
- No changes will be allowed after final submission.
- A system generated Application Number will be assigned to you after submitting the form.
- Take a printout of the filled in Application Form on a good-quality A4 size paper.
- Affix your recent, black and white photograph and put your signature in space provided.
- Enclose the application form and CSIR copy of the fee deposited Bank Challan along with specified certificates in an envelope of size 5”X11”.
- Mention “Application for Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF & LS (NET), June, 2017” on top of the envelope along with your Subject Code, Application Number, Centre code and Medium of Exam Code.
- Send the envelope to the following address:
“Deputy Secretary (Exams), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 “
Candidates are advised to retain photocopies of completed Application Form, Certificate of Postage, Challan copy and three identical copies of the affixed passport size photograph for future reference.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
The application fee for CSIR UGC NET 2017 varies as per the category the applicant belongs to. The application fee can be paid through two options - bank challan or NEFT. The details of CSIR UGC NET 2017 application fee aresummarised below:
|OBC – NCL||INR 500|
|SC / ST / PH / VH||INR 250|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
Candidates who have submitted complete application form on time will be issued CSIR UGC NET 2017 Admit Card. The admit card will have to be downloaded from the official website and will not be sent to individual candidates via post.
Follow the steps given below to download CSIR UGC NET 2017 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of CSIR.
- Click on the link – “Download Admit Card”.
- Provide your roll number and date of birth.
- There may be security code that candidates will need to enter.
- Click on the “Submit” button to log into the system
- View and download your admit card.
Information Provided on Admit Card
The admit card is a very important document, without which entry inside the exam hall will not be granted. It contains all the necessary information regarding the candidate and the exam. Following are the details that can be found on CSIR UGC NET 2017 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Candidate’s Registration number
- Candidate’s Category
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Exam Centre name and Centre Address
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Session and Reporting time for candidate
- Photo of the candidate along with his signature
- General Guidelines for Exam Day
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
- CSIR UGC NETis scheduled to be held on December 17, 2017 in two sessions.
- The exam is to be held in offline mode.
- Candidates will be allotted either of the two sessions for their exam paper.
- Candidates have to complete the exam in 3 hours.
- No extra time will be allotted to them in any case.
- CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern Highlights are given below:
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Session Timings||Forenoon Session – 9 am to 12 pm Afternoon Session – 2 pm to 5 pm|
|List of Subjects||Life Sciences Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Mathematical Sciences Chemical Sciences Physical Sciences|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Result
- The results will be declared after the CSIR exam has been conducted on December 17, 2017.
- Separate merit lists will be published for different disciplines.
- Candidates will be required to check the results on the website as no other form of imitation will be sent.
The steps to download CSIR UGC NET 2017 Result are explained below:
- Visit the CSIR website and click on the link pertaining to the relevant exam.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and security code.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- View the result and save it your computer.
CSIR UGC NET Merit List
- There will be 2 separate merit lists for JRF NET and LS NET results.
- The merit list will specify details such as Roll Number of the candidate, Rank obtained and Marks secured.
- The preparation of the merit list will be on the basis of performance of candidates in the entrance test.
- An important point to note is that, those candidates who qualify JRF NET will be eligible for LS NET as well, provided they meet the eligibility criteria specified.
- On the other hand, those who qualify LS NET will be eligible for only JRF in a Scheme or Project.
- They will not be eligible for Regular JRF NET Fellowship.
- The results will be valid for a period of two years, within which the candidate can join the CSIR fellowship.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Cut Off
- The cut off marks for any exam is the minimum marks required to qualify the examination.
- CSIR UGC NET 2017 Cut Off markswill be declared separately for different subjects.
- There are numerous factors that affect the cut off score for a competitive exam.
- Some of them are total number of appearing candidates, total number of available seats and difficulty level of the question paper.
- The previous year cut off for any exam can indicate the exam trends and help a candidate understand the kind of score they should aim for.
- The expected CSIR UGC NET 2017 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|