Seat Allotment is an important step in the process of counselling. COMEDK Counselling will begin from June 28, 2017 (expected date). This is the first round of counselling and will go on until Jul 12, 2017. The second round of counselling will start from Jul 19, 2017. Similarly for Architecture course the counselling will be held on Jul 13, 2017 and then again post second round of counselling for engineering students. All the dates that are mentioned above are tentative.
Live Seat Allotment
Before starting with the explanation of the Seat Allotment procedure, candidates can check the available seats at a specific point on the official website.
This shows the current available seats in a particular college in a particular stream. Candidates can use it to see if there are still enough seats for them to apply to a particular college in a particular stream.
To use it-
- Go to official website. Click on link www.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1022/4977/application.html
- Select the college for which you want to check the availability of seats.
- Once the college is selected, a who list of courses offered by that particular college will appear.
- Candidates can now check the remaining seats remaining to be filled against a particular course.
- Course against which all seats are filled, the remaining number displayed will be 0.
Seat Allotment- First Round of Counselling
COMEDK UGET counselling process is based upon providing double opportunity to the candidates to select the seat of their likability. Candidates will only get two chances for this and a third time change will not be provided.
Before starting with selecting the seat allocation process for COMEDK, candidates should assess the previous year cut off to make a practical and realistic decision regarding their allotment choices. Previous year cut offs give a fairly good idea for candidates to assess their chances in a desired college and the colleges that they could aim depending upon their rank.
Prior Steps to Seat Allotment
- Candidate should have passed the Class 12 examination from CBSE Board or equivalent. Candidates who are unable to clear Class 12 examination will not be eligible to move ahead with the COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling process.
- Collecting all the original documents for the counselling such as Grade 12 Marks Certificate, Grade 10 Marks certificate, Comedk UGET 2017 Admit Card, Score Card etc. The documents as presented should also be original. However, in case the candidate has submitted the documents to select a seat under KEA and JEE Main, then the candidate can present attested photocopies of the documents along with original allotment letter issued by other exam authorities.
- Candidates are required to pay required tuition fee of Rs 55000(Rupees Fifty Five Thousand) in the form of a demand draft. Candidates are required to have this demand draft with Test Admission Ticket (TAT) Number mentioned. Without the TAT number, demand draft will not be accepted. Demand draft should be payable to COMEDK at Bangalore.
Seat Allotment Process
The seat allotment process for COMEDK UGET 2017 started from Jun 28, 2017 and will go on until the end of the second round of counselling. The entire process for seat selection is computerized and requires candidates to be physically present at the counselling center.
- For the seat allotment process, candidates are required to be physically present at the time of the counselling. No one else can appear in place of the candidate to fulfil his admission requirements.
- Candidates are required to follow the counselling schedule. This schedule is based upon the ranks that are provided to the candidate in the score card.
- Once there, candidate is first required to get the documents verified and then get the required information entered into the computer system.
- Without the verification and entering of details in a computer, candidate can’t go further with the selection process.
- Candidate with a higher rank gets the option to select the seat. Candidate with a lower rank, when the candidate with the higher rank is yet to select the seat, cannot jump ahead in selection procedure
- Once the seat is selected by the candidate, it cannot be changed by the candidate. So, candidates should practice caution in seat selection.
- Once the candidate has selected the seat, he will be issued a confirmed seat allotment letter. This letter has in-built security feature and thus preventing any duplications.
- If the candidate loses the allotment letter, he will lose the selected seat.
- Candidates will be required to pay the remaining fee while reporting at the college.
Second Round of Counselling
Second round of counselling is held especially for unfilled, cancelled, forfeited, surrendered or newly added seats and is also a final round of counselling. Second round of counselling is also equivalent to second chance for all students to get an opportunity to get a seat in the desired college, if seats are available, in case candidate was unable to get the seat in first round of counselling.
There is no guarantee that the candidate will get the admission in the second round of counselling. However, the candidate always has a chance to seek admission into a better college than the one currently allotted.
Other important points about the second round of counselling could be found below.
- The counselling schedule for the second round has been issued. Candidates should follow this schedule in case of forfeiting one seat and selecting another.
- A round only for admissions for minority seats will be held exclusively during the second counselling.
- The process for seat selection follows the same computerized method as for the first round of counselling.
- Changing college will not result in loss of fee.
- Candidates who did not attend first round of counselling and candidates with allotment letters whether reported to the selected college or not can attend the second and final round of counselling.
- Candidates who sought selection through minority, can only seek admission through minority session in the second round of counselling.
- In case a candidate seeks admission in General Merit Session, candidate will have to surrender the seat selected by him under minority session in the given timelines.
Know More COMEDK UGET Cutoff
Seat allotment for COMEDK UGET Architecture
Seat allotment announcements for Architecture and engineering will be published online on the official website. Candidates are requested to check the Official website for the latest updates.
UGET 2017- Second round of counselling For Architecture will be conducted on July 30, 2017.
There will be total 4 sessions for the second round on multiple time slots. Candidates are requested to check rank wise session and must follow the time division strictly