COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria
COMEDK Eligibility details out certain academic and age-related criteria that an applicant must satisfy. These criteria are published by Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK), conducting body of the exam. Eligibility for COMEDK is different for Engineering and Agriculture courses. Candidates must fulfill the set standards in order to fill in COMEDK Application Form.
Listed below are quick facts relating to COMEDK UGET Eligibility:
- The basic eligibility to take the exam is that one must have graduated Class XII.
- It is mandatory to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects in Class XII.
- Candidates have to produce required documents to proof the eligibility for category during the counselling process.
- For the academic session 2017-18, COMEDK UGET 2017 is scheduled for May 14, 2017. It is conducted in online mode with objective type questions. As for the marking scheme, each question carries 1 mark and there is no provision of negative marking. Check COMEDK Exam Pattern
COMEDK UGET Eligibility for Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admissions to B.E. is 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognised by State or Central Government.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with English as a mandatory subject, during the last 2 years of his/her curriculum.
- General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Also, these subjects are to be passed individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- If a candidate wishes to get listed in the rank card, he/she should give an attempt of the COMEDK exam as that would be sufficient to ensure an entry into the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the exam, as the lateral entry admissions are not considered.
Note: Candidates need to submit the original marks statement of the examination during counselling as proof of their eligibility.
Till 2015 COMEDK was conducted for Medical, Dental and Engineering courses. However in 2016, As per the Supreme Court Ordinance NEET is accepted as a single National test conducted for medical entrance.
Listed below are candidates who ineligible to appear for COMEDK UGET Engineering Course
- Candidates who have already passed the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent prior to 2014.
- All those who had already qualified earlier and were selected for an engineering seat through COMEDK UGET but were unable to join the college.
- Candidates who did not surrender the booked seat at COMEDK level for any reasons.
- Candidates who have already joined the college so selected but did not pursue the course.
- Candidates who are already pursuing the Engineering course from any other college or institute anywhere in India.
- Candidates who have been caught attempting to be some other person or found adopting any of the malpractices earlier, including entertaining touts.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility for Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for getting admission to B.Arch. The course is 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects.
- A 10+3 Diploma recognised by Central/State Government will also be considered valid for admission. Candidate needs to have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in this scenario.
- Candidates need to have appeared in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks. This rule applies to both general merit and category candidates.
- No Entrance Test will be conducted for candidates who are seeking admission to B.Arch. Course.
- A separate application form needs to be submitted by candidates seeking admission into the B.Arch. Course.
Note: The changes, if any, affected by Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Vellore Technical University (VTU), Council of Architecture (COA) or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted as it is.
Rank cards will be generated for only those candidates who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of MCI/DCI/AICTE/VTU.
Question. Candidates applying from outside Karnataka can have the benefits of reservation?
Answer. No, candidates belonging to Karnataka state will be eligible for the benefits of reservation.
Question. I have finished my 2nd PUC /12th STD a few years ago. Am I qualified for B.Tech courses?
Answer: If candidates have passed 2nd PUC or 12th class before 2015 are eligible for the B.Tech.
Question. Can Students outside Karnataka give this examination?
Answer. Yes, exam is open to all the states students across India.
Question. Is COMEDK UGET open to only some students of any particular state?
Answer. No, candidates satisfying COMEDK Eligibility as published by the conducting authority are eligible to appear for the exam.
Question. Is there any age criteria set for COMEDK UGET?
Answer: Yes, a candidate must have or shall attain the age of 17 years on or before 31st December (December 31, 2017).