COMEDK UGET 2017
COMEDK UGET 2017 Result is announced on May 28, 2017. Candidates can download their rank card from the official site using their login credentials. COMEDK UGET 2017 was successfully held on May 14, 2017 at 697 exam centers across 151 cities. More than 20,000 engineering seats are offered through COMEDK. Click here to check COMEDK 2017 Result
- Around 187 colleges are participating in COMEDK UGET offering 29 specializations in B.Tech. Check COMEDK Colleges
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling will begin from July 10.
- To participate in the counselling process candidates have to fill online counselling form till July 28
- To rank in top 10 one has to secure 160 marks out of 180. Check COMEDK Cut off
- COMEDK officials are going to release the official schedule for counselling shortly. The centralised counselling will be conducted in Bangalore.
COMEDK UGET is a state level exam conducted for B.Tech and B.Arch admissions in Karnataka. It is conducted annually by COMEDK for merit determination for UG courses. The basic eligibility to take COMEDK is that candidate should be class 12th pass
COMEDK Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||COMEDK UGET|
|COMEDK Seat Intake||20,000|
|Courses||29 Engineering courses|
|COMEDK Colleges||187 Colleges|
About UNI-GAUGE 2017
COMEDK in collaboration of ERA foundation will conduct a common entrance for B.E./B.Tech Admissions. The application process is also common. Candidates can apply online COMEDK official website. The last date of form submission is April 20, 2017.
The common entrance will be conducted on May 14, 2017. Post completion of exam, Both COMEDK and UNI GAUGE will release their separate score cards. This score will be used by the admission process. COMEDK will conduct their counselling process while candidates interested in applying at institutes under UNI-GUAGE can register directly to the respective institute. Read More About UNI-GAUGE E 2017
COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Dates
COMEDK exam is on May 14, 2017. Candidates can apply online at www.comedk.org till April 20, 2017. Candidates can check important dates related to COMEDK 2017 here:
|Release of COMEDK 2017 Application form||February 13, 2017|
|Last date for form submission||April 20, 2017|
|Release of COMEDK UGET Admit card||May 5, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Date||May 14, 2017|
|COMEDK Result Date||May 29, 2017|
|Beginning of Counselling session||June|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply on www.comedk.org. till April 20, 2017. The application fee is Rs 1200/-. It can be paid via credit card/debit card/net banking. Candidates who wish to apply for both COMEDK and UNI GUAGE have to pay Rs 2000/-. The application form for both the exams is common. The registration process includes the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates have to fill a Request for Application (RFA) form. On successful submission, they will be given their login details.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Candidates have to fill their personal and educational qualifications details.
Step 3:Uploading Documents
Candidates have to upload their recent size photograph and signature as per the specified dimension. They should also attach a photocopy of Date of Birth proof.
Step 4: Submit the Application Form
After submission of the application form, candidates have to send it along with demand draft of Rs 1200/- to the address mentioned below:
The Executive Secretary,
COMEDK, 132, Second Floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross Malleswaram,
Bangalore – 560055, Karnataka
Mode of Fee Payment
Candidates can remit fee both online and offline. They can pay fee via credit card, debit card or net banking. In offline mode, it can be paid through bank challan at any Axis bank branch.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility
The basic eligibility to appear for the exam is class 12th. However, candidates should also fulfil below-mentioned course wise eligibility criteria also:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- Candidate should be class 12th pass.They must have studied Physics and Mathematics as main subjects along with Chemistry or Biology or Bio-Technology or Electronics Computer Science as one of the optional subjects in class 11 and 12
- General category candidates must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and passed these subjects individually as well. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST Category students. Note that diploma pass candidates are not eligible to take COMEDK Exam. Also, there are no lateral admissions allowed.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch
- Candidate should be class 12th pass with mathematics as one of the subject OR
- Candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma from a recognized by state or central government.
- Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka state.
For B.Arch, there is no entrance test. However, interested candidates have to appear for NATA and should obtain a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both open and reserved Category.
About COMEDK 2018
COMEDK UGET 2018 is in the month of May (next year). The application process will begin in the second week of February. The salient features of COMEDK 2018 are:
- COMEDK UGET 2018 official notification will be released in February next year.
- It will be conducted for B.Tech admissions only. For MBBS/BDS candidates have to take NEET 2018. NATA Score will be used for B.Arch admissions.
- Around 150 engineering seats in Karnataka will be filled on the basis of COMEDK 2018.
- COMEDK Application form will be available in the second week of February. Candidates can apply online at www.comedk.org.
Read full information aboutCOMEDK UGET 2018
COMEDK UGET 2017 Admit Card
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Admit Card will be avaialble from May 5, 2017.
- Candidates can download it from official website.
- COMEDK UGET Admit Card is also called Online Test Admission Ticket.
- No admit card will be send by email, post or courier.
- Candidates must refer to all the details mentioned in the admit card
- Candidates can contact the COMEDK authority for any discrepancy in Admit Card.
- Candidates have to bring admit card at the time of examination and counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Centers
- COMEDK UGET is going to tale place in 151 cities across the nation on May 14, 2017.
- Candidates have to select the examination Center during the registration process.
- COMEDK UGET exam centers are alloted on the basis of First Come First Serve basis
- Candidates once submit their application form can’t change their exam centers after that.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Pattern
COMEDK Exam is based on class 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus and conducted in online mode. The major highlights of exam pattern are:
- It is a computer based test.
- Duration is 3 hours.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is given.
- The question paper comprises 3 sections with the following weightage
|Subject||Number of Questions|
One of the major advantages of taking COMEDK is that there is no negative marking. So candidates can get the benefit of doubt in the exam. Aspiring candidates can check COMEDK UGET 2017 Syllabus for preparation.
COMEDK Syllabus is framed upon 3 subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It contains class 11 and 12 topics as per PUC/CBSE syllabus. Candidates can check below the detailed syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2017:-
|General Dimensions||Modern Physics||Electricity and Magnetism|
|Thermal Physics||Mechanics||Centripetal and Centrifugal force|
|Hooke’s Law and Force||Sound and Mechanics Waves||Optics|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Oscillations||Thermal and Chemical effects of Current|
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding||Measurement in Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Gaseous and Liquid State||Surface Chemistry|
|Solid State||Solutions||Chemical Kinetics|
Classification of elements & periodicity in properties
|P-block elements||Metal and Metallurgy|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds||Basic Concepts|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Carbohydrates||Carboxylic Acids|
|Chemistry in Action|
|Circles||Differential Equations||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Vector algebra||Integral Calculus||Probability|
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential calculus||Number System|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock Tests
COMEK had released the COMEDK UGET Mock Test on February 20, 2017. Mock Test assists in performing well in the exam. As in 2016 Computer based test was introduced and candidates must be aware about the test. The key to a good rank and score in the COMEDK UGET exam is not just learning the syllabus by heart but attempting the test in a strategic manner. The mock tests will help a candidate to grasp the format of the exam and prepare their strategies accordingly. COMEDK UGET mock tests will also allow a candidate to evaluate their preparation and determine their projected ranking in the merit list.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Answer Key
- COMEDK will release the Answer key two times i.e. Provisional and Final.
- Candidates can download answer key from official website.
- Provisional Answer key will be available on May 22, 2017.
- Final Answer key will be released on May 26, 2017 after reviewing all the answers considered during challenging of Answer key.
- Candidates can evaluate the answers and calculate their marks through answer key.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 500/- per answer.
- If answer is consider for the challenge then the fee will be refunded for that answer
COMEDK UGET 2017 Results
The result of COMEDK UGET 2017 is expected to be declared on May 29, 2017. Candidates, who appeared in the entrance exam can check their result on www.comedk.org. COMEDK Result will be declared in two phases (Phase 1 and Phase 2). In Phase 1, Test Scores are announced, and in Phase 2, Rank List is released.
Phase 1- COMEDK UGET 2017 Result
To check the COMEDK UGET 2017 Result along with Test Scores and Rank Card
- Open the COMEDK 2017 official website.
- Now log in by using COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Number and Date of Birth
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Result i.e. (final Merit List) will appear.
- Take printout for future use
Phase 2- COMEDK UGET 2017 Rank List
COMEDK UGET Rank List will be published on June 08, 2017. Candidates can check the online Rank Card of COMEDK 2017 on www.comedk.org.
The online Rank Card without any of the below mentioned details will not be valid.
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Application number
- Registration number
- Candidate’s Name (as mentioned in COMEDK UGET 2017 application form).
- Candidate’s Postal address and contact details (as mentioned in the COMEDK UGET application form).
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form) with digital signature of COMEDK Authority
- Date of Birth and Category.
- Unique photo ID proof details
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Test Score and Rank
COMEDK UGET 2017 Merit List
COMEDK Merit list is published on the official website post declaration of COMEDK Results. Initially, a provisional merit list is published in the month of August. Candidates are given time to address all the queries related to the list. After that final merit list is issued around September. The list is created on the basis of Candidates’ performance in COMEDK 2017.
- First will be done on the basis of Candidate having least number of wrong Answers in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be preferred.
- If it does not reseolve then candidate having higher aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics will be preferred.
- if still issue persist then candidate having higher marks in Mathematics will be preferred.
- if still tie exists then elder candidate will be given preference.
COMEDK Medical Merit List- The merit list for MBBS and BDS courses will be published on the basis of NEET 2017 Score. It is created on the basis candidate’s rank and preference. The provisional list will be released on August 8, 2017(tentatively). Candidates can check their rank on the official website under applicant login.
Read More About COMEDK Merit List
COMEDK UGET 2017 Seat Allotment
The COMEDK UGET seat allotment process will begin in July. Prior commencement of seat allotment, a live seat allotment is conducted. Candidates can check the availability of seats in it. For medical and dental seat allotment NEET score will be considered. The allotment process is conducted in 2 rounds as described below:-
- First Round of Seat Allotment- COMEDk prepares the merit list of the candidates after document verification. Candidates having higher ranks are given peference in seat allocation. The selected candidates have to submit their original documents along with Demand Draft.
- Second Round of Seat Allotment- After the first round of allotment, unfilled/surrendered/cancelled/newly added seats are allocated. Also, candidates who are allocated seats in first round can participate in the second round too. Read About COMEDK Seat Allotment
COMEDK UGET 2017 Cutoff
The COMEDK UGET 2017 cutoff is based on various factors such as number of applicants, availability of seats and difficulty level in the entrance examination. Candidates can check the previous year cutoff of some of the medical and dental colleges of COMEDK is given in the table below.
COMEDK 2016 Engineering Cutoff
|College Name||Closing Rank|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||41312|
|SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad||40689|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||41912|
|St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore||42920|
|Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore||42861|
|Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga||42944|
|SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad||42616|
|Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysore||42754|
|Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore||42729|
|CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore||39285|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling
COMEDK Counselling is a single window centralised counselling. Post declaration of results candidates have to register separately to participate in seat allotment process. The process will include following steps:-
1. Document Verification- The candidates appearing in the COMEDK UGET 2017 counselling must verify their document at the counter. Candidates must carry the attested photo copies of the documents. A crossed Demand Draft for Rs 50,000/- drawn on any nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore.
2. Registration: Candidates have to register online for counselling. They have to carry the registration slip to counselling venue.
3. Choice Filling: In this step, candidates have to fill their choices based on the seats available as per their COMEDK UGET 2017 rank.
4. Seat Allotment: In this round, A confirmed COMEDK UGET 2017 Seat Allotment letter will be issued to the candidate. Candidates can confirm their seat allotment of COMEDK UGET 2017 by paying Rs. 50000/- through the DD.
5. Reporting and Admission: In this step of COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling Procedure, candidate will have to report to the allotted college with COMEDK UGET 2017 seat allotment letter for admission and complete the formalities
Around 160 engineering colleges and 150 medical/dental colleges grant admission on the basis of COMEDK exam. For B.Tech and B.Arch admission, COMEDK Score is considered while MBBS and BDS admissions are done on the basis of NEET score. For COMEDK seat allotment, a centralised counselling process is conducted.
Top Bangalore Colleges participating in COMEDK
- BMS College of Engineering
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Engineering
- MVJ College of Engineering
- PES Institute of Technology
- The oxford college of Engineering
- RV College of Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What is the eligibility Criteria for B.E./B.Tech ?
The basic eligibility to appear for COMEDK is that the candidate should be class 12th passed. Candidates appearing for 12th boards or any other equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible to take this exam. For B.E or B.Tech, the candidate must have studied physics and mathematics as their main subjects along with Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Electronics Computer science as one of their optional subjects in class 11th and class 12th. The minimum percentage to appear for COMEDK is 45% for general category and 40% for SC/ST category students. Diploma pass candidates are not eligible to take this exam. Also, lateral admissions are not allowed. Check COMEDK Eligibility
Q- Can you brief about engineering seat intake under COMEDK?
Around 160 engineering colleges grant admission on the basis of COMEDK exam. More than 19, 000 seats are allotted to students taking admission in engineering colleges. In 2016, 18733 seats were allotted. This year it is expected that at least 20,000 seats will be allotted. For COMEDK seat allotment, a centralized counselling process is conducted. The first round of seat allotment process will start from June 2, 2017 and will continue till July 12, 2017. Check COMEDK Seat intake
Q- Can I use my black and white photograph while filling up of application form?
No, black and white photograph cannot be used while filling the application form. The photograph must be a recent color one with light background. Candidates should use the same photograph that is uploaded in the application form for all the later stages of admission process. Also, the photograph must have a full-face view of the applicant looking into the camera. The main features of the face must not be covered by hair, cloth or any shadow. It should be in JPEG Format and the size should be less than 80kb. The dimensions of the photograph should be 30mm x 45mm. Check how to fill COMEDK registration form
Q- Can I appear for COMEDK in pen-paper mode?
No, candidates cannot appear for COMEDK in pen-paper mode. COMEDK is an online test i.e. computer-based test. No candidate will be allowed to take the exam in offline mode under any circumstance. Check COMEDK Exam Pattern.