CMAT is a national level examination held every year for the candidates desirous of studying Management studies from leading universities. However, it is not that easy to get into these colleges. Candidates aspiring for CMAT must go through rigorous preparation to score better and optimize the opportunity of getting into a B-School. Candidates planning to prepare for CMAT 2017 must prepare themselves and be strategic with their preparation.
Following are some preparation tips to the appearing candidates on how to crack CMAT 2017:
- Intense Practice: CMAT consists of Quantitative techniques, data interpretation and logical reasoning. These three sections are purely practice intensive and can fetch the candidates a lot of marks. Practice to these sections will make the candidate perfect in these sections as the difficulty level to these sections is usually moderate.
- Plan Your Study: This is the first step to their preparation. Every candidates must plan and allocate their time to studies and stick to the plan. Allot the time according to the difficulty level of the sections and time taken by it. The candidates must make sure that every section is covered. All the hours and days before the exam must be organized according to CMAT Syllabus.
- Solve Mock Tests: Usually, an official trial test is released on the official website. If not be able to do so, a candidate must solve as many as mock tests possible. And keep testing themselves. These tests will make them familiarize with their weak as well as strong points. One must start with weekly or bi-weekly tests and then go ahead with daily test and manage time accordingly with each section.
- Smart Time-Management: Usually, candidates end up practicing one section a lot and have no knowledge of the other. This lowers their sectional percentage. Candidates must divide their time equally for every section. Time management will get more done in less time. It will also help to maintain one’s health at the time of preparation and maintain a right schedule.
- Revise Regularly: Gradual and regular revision makes the candidates familiar with the types of questions and exam pattern. It helps the candidates to get disciplined about the preparations. Regular revision will make them perfect in the syllabus and more confident. You Can Also Check CMAT Preparation
- Set a Finishing Date: Candidate must set a date to finish the whole syllabus and plan the whole preparation process accordingly so that they could finish learning new topics and concentrate on revising them. More importantly, this date must be strict as well as feasible. Goals that are not feasible must not be set. After this, he/she can start giving mocks and solving test papers.
- Work on Tricks and Shortcuts: the candidates must try to lessen the time per question. Use tricks to solve the question in minimum time by using tricks. But make sure they work in the type of questions you attempt otherwise candidates will instead lose their marks.
- Distributive Learning: The candidates must try and cover more than one subject in one day. Studying only one subject for long will make one’s mind too tiresome and redundant. Learning two subjects turn by turn will keep the mind absorbed as well as will give a bring variety from studying one topic.
- Make basics your Strength: There are always some basic questions from all the sections which are present in the question paper almost all the years. The nature of these questions are same. Candidates must practice these questions as much as possible. It helps in solving the predicted questions in the minimum time possible during the examination.
- Proper Schedule: A proportionate must be assigned to all the sections of the paper. However, easy and well-prepared sections must be attempted first to get the maximum marks. Every wrong answer has a negative marking of 1 mark, so every question must be carefully attempted.
- Practice last year question papers: to get an exact idea about the exam and get familiar with the pattern, candidates must practice last year question papers. This will avoid last minute anxiety because the candidates would get used to solving papers.
- Take Regular Breaks: The candidates must go for shorter studying sessions rather than marathon ones. During the preparation for CMAT 2017, candidates must keep in mind that studying for long intervals will make their brain tiresome. Candidates must take short but regular breaks so that the mind stays fresh and rejuvenate so that the mind grasps everything in the first time.
- Study at your Best Time: There is always a time when one is too sleepy or hungry or distracted. There is also a time when one is completely concentrated and fresh. One must identify his/her time when the mind is fresh and grasps everything easily and in no time. One must realize if he/she is a day-time learner or a night-time. The candidates must study at the time when their concentration is at the peak to make the most out of it.
Following are some advises given by the candidates as mentioned in the beginning who aced CMAT 2017 for the aspirants of CMAT:
“Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources”, says Charanjeet Sharma
Charanjeet Sharma appeared for CMAT in 2013 and scored 82 percentile. He says give quality time for practice and revise on the regularly basis. He says, besides studies, interpersonal skills and creative mind helps you to get succeed. Practice as much as you can, says Charanjeet. He said that the experience in the interviews was very good. When asked about interviews, he also stated that not only studies matters, a candidate must have interpersonal skills and creative mind. He followed only the books provided by the Time institute. Rest, he studied NCERT books of class 8th and 10th. Charanjeet also advised the aspirants to solve more and more mock tests, focus on your speed and put more efforts in verbal and GK sections to score better.
Vishar Gor Says, “Practice makes a man perfect”
Vishal Gor appeared for CMAT in 2015 and cleared it with 124 marks. When asked about his key to success he said, one must prepare regularly for something. He focused on Reasoning and verbal more. He also kept himself updates with novels and newspapers daily and spared at least 3 hours a day for CMAT preparation. He appeared in almost 4 group discussion rounds and 3 personal interviews actively. He says, don’t take too much stress be free and enjoy the preparation and try to work more and more in study groups.
Read More:CMAT Result