CMAT 2018 - Common Management Admission Test
CMAT will be held on January 21, 2018 in online mode. It is conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) each year. As per CMAT Eligibility, a candidate must possess a full-time Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks as aggregate. CMAT Registration window will become functional from October 20, 2017.
Here are some key points about CMAT 2018:
- Last Date to Register at aicte-cmat.in– December 15, 2017
- Required Credentials – E-mail ID, Personal/ academic information, recent photograph
- Exam Type – Objective Check CMAT Exam Pattern
- Number of Sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, General Awareness and Logical Skills Check CMAT Syllabus
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries 4 marks and 1 mark would be deducted for every incorrect response.
- CMAT 2018 Result is expected to be declared in February 2018
|CMAT Cut off||CMAT Selection Procedure||CMAT Participating Institutes|
Highlights of CMAT 2018
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|CMAT Test Cities||62 cities|
|CMAT Participating Institutes||Around 794|
|CMAT Help Desk|
CMAT 2018 Official Notification
CMAT 2018 exam will be held on January 21, 2018 in a single session of 3 hours duration. This year, January 22 will kept as the reserve day, if any eventuality or glitches on the first day occur. AICTE has released the CMAT 2018 notification on October 11, 2017 and has announced the CMAT 2018 registration dates as well as the exam date. The registration and application process for CMAT 2018 will begin on October 20 and will end on December 15, 2017 – says the AICTE release.
CMAT 2018 Exam Dates
CMAT 2018 exam is scheduled for January 21, 2018. Earlier CMAT exam was conducted twice but from now on it will be conducted only once a year. Given below are the important CMAT 2018 Exam Dates:
|CMAT 2018 Official Notification||October 11, 2017||AICTE will conduct CMAT on Jan 21|
|Availability of CMAT 2018 Application Form||October 20||Last Date of application form is December 15, 2017|
|CMAT 2018 Admit Card will be available from||January 2018||Download CMAT admit card from www.aicte-cmat.in|
|CMAT 2018 Exam Date||January 21, 2018||Around 60,000 candidates will take CMAT on Jan 21|
|Announcement of CMAT 2018 Results||February 2018||Tentative CMAT Result date is February 2018|
CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the management aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by AICTE before they apply for CMAT 2018. Some of the important details regarding CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below-
- Applicants must have an Indian citizenship.
- Graduation with a minimum study of 3-years duration.
- A minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in their graduation.
- Minimum age of the applicant should be 21 years.
- There is no upper age limit for CMAT 2018.
CMAT 2018 Registration
- CMAT 2018 Registration can be done between October 20, 2017 - December 15, 2017
- CMAT Application Form can only be filled online.
- Candidates planning to register for CMAT 2018 should visit the official website i.e. aicte-cmat.in.
- The steps for CMAT Registration are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Enter your name and date of birth exactly as indicated on the primary and secondary ID.
- The photograph must have resemblance to the candidate and to the photograph on the primary ID. This photograph is included on the admit card.
- Pay the registration fee.
NOTE: Candidates seeking help for CMAT Registration can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMAT 2018 Application Fee
Applicants must remit the CMAT 2018 Application Fee either online via debit/credit cards or they can opt for offline mode by generating e-challan. The CMAT 2018 Application Fee details are indicated in the table below.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|SC/St/Physically Disabled Candidates||700|
CMAT 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates appearing for CMAT should download CMAT Admit Card from second week of January 2018.
- CMAT Admit Card will be uploaded on the official website. Candidates will not be intimated on the issuance of the admit cards.
- The Admit card for CMAT will be available for download from the registered log-in after they have received the email confirming successful registration and payment receipt.
- CMAT Admit Card is a mandatory document for appearing in test. It will contain details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam centre, photograph etc.
- In case candidates don’t receive CMAT 2018 admit card, they should contact CMAT helpdesk (022-66258304) immediately.
How to Download CMAT Admit Card?
Follow the below steps to download the admit card for CMAT 2018.
- Go to the official website of CMAT i.e. aicte-cmat.in.
- Click on the link to download CMAT Admit Card.
- Login through your ID and Password provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card for CMAT 2018 will appear on the screen.
- Print and preserve a hard copy for further use.
Candidates must carefully go through all the details mentioned in their admit card carefully. It is mandatory for the test takers to carry the admit card on the day of exam along with a recent colored passport size photograph pasted on it.
CMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
As per the CMAT Exam Pattern prescribed by AICTE, the online question paper will have 4 sections. The total number of questions is 100 and the total marks allocated is 400. The paper will be set in English. Aspirants can check highlights of CMAT 2018 Exam Pattern below-
|Date of exam||January 21, 2018|
|Mode of exam||Online or Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Format of exam||Objective or MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Number of Secctions||4 (Quantitative Apitutde, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes or 3 hours|
|Number of Questions||100; each section will have 25 questions|
|Total marks||400 marks (4 marks per question)|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer – (+4) to be awarded For each wrong answer – (-1) to be deducted|
|Number of Sections||4 sections – Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness|
CMAT 2018 Syllabus
CMAT 2018 syllabus is divided into 4 sections - Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. Read them below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
CMAT 2018 Results
AICTE is expected to release CMAT 2018 Results on or after the 1st week of February 2018. Candidates can download their score card from aicte-cmat.in. They have to log into their profile using the Log-in ID and the Password.
CMAT scorecard contains information about the total and sectional scores of the candidate. Along with the results, the examination board also releases CMAT 2018 Merit list which includes the All India Rank of the candidates and their scores.
The CMAT 2018 Results will be announced in the form of percentile. The process for computing percentile score is mentioned below-
Percentile in CMAT 2018 (P) = ((N-Candidate’s rank)/N) * 100
Where, P is Percentile and N is Number of Candidates
CMAT 2018 Cut Off
- CMAT 2018 Cut off will be released course-wise and category-wise for each college.
- All CMAT Participating Colleges will be declaring their individual cutoff based on the merit list released by AICTE.
- By cutoff we mean, the least percentile that they will decide after considering various factors and based on which they will select candidates for granting admission.
- Candidates who clear CMAT cut off and fulfill other eligibility criteria will be offered admissions in various courses.
Once the candidates download their CMAT 2018 scorecard and the merit list is published, they can start applying for admission to individuals and participate in the selection procedure of that particular institute. They are eligible to attend the selection process only if their score is higher than the CMAT 2018 Cut off set by the institutes.
CMAT 2018 Selection Process
Candidates who have managed to meet the minimum CMAT 2018 cut off, are eligible to attend the selection process of that particular institute. CMAT Selection Process comprises Group discussion (GD) and then Personal Interview or Written Ability Test (WAT).
In GD, the candidates will be segregated into groups of 10 or so and they will be given any significant topic to discuss for 5 to 10 minutes. There are various criteria on the basis of which the candidates will receive points such as -
- Initiation Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Encouragement Skills
- Closure Skills
Personal Interview is usually the final round of selection. Candidates usually have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess candidate on the basis of their academic background, hobbies, interests, work experience, etc.
The final list of selected candidates will be declared by the institutes on the basis of the scores in CMAT 2018, GD and Personal Interview or WAT.