CLAT 2018 Exam Dates
Common Law Admission Test or CLAT is a national level law entrance examination. It is conducted by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis. For the academic session 2018-19, the National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) Kochi will hold the exam.
Candidates are required to satisfy CLAT Eligibility Criteria in order to fill the application form. CLAT Admit Card will be issued to all the successfully registered candidates. It is a mandatory document that needs to be produced at the time of examination. One must make sure to keep the document safe till the admission is finalised.
NUALS Kochi will release the official notification for CLAT 2018 shortly. Through CLAT Scores, candidates are granted admissions to 18 NLUs and various other government undertaking colleges and private law colleges in India.
Note: All interested candidates must keep a regular check on the official website of CLAT i.e. clat.ac.in for important notifications related to the exam.
CLAT 2018 Registration Dates
- CLAT application form will be available for filling from first week of January 2018.
- The registration for CLAT 2018 can be done via online mode only.
- For filling the form online, visit the official website of CLAT i.e. www.clat.ac.in.
- To complete CLAT Application Form, candidates have to provide their personal and academic background details.
- CLAT Application Fee is INR 4000 for general category and INR 3500 for SC/ST category.
- The fee can be paid online via Debit/ Credit Card or net banking.
Here are all the important CLAT 2018 Registration dates:
|Notifications of CLAT Admission Forms||December last week 2017|
|Availability of Online Application Form||January First Week 2018|
|Closing date for submission of application forms along with order of preferences for NLUs||March Last Week 2018|
CLAT 2018 Exam Dates
- Candidates who have successfully filled and submitted their CLAT Application forms can then download CLAT Admit Card.
- CLAT Admit Card will be available online from last week of March 2018.
- To download the Admit card, visit the official website of CLAT 2018.
- CLAT Admit Card will contain the following information:
- Name of candidate
- Application/Registration number
- Date of examination
- Time of examination
- Test Center
- Course/ Program Name etc.
- CLAT exam will be held online for both Postgraduate law courses (LLM) and Undergraduate courses (LLB).
- The papers for both the courses will have only multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- For LLM entrance, the total marks are 150 and for LLB, the total marks are 200.
- The time duration for both the papers is 2 hours and language of the papers is English only.
- CLAT Exam Paper for PG course contains 3 sections: Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, and other law subjects
- CLAT Exam Paper for UG course contains 5 sections: English including Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
|Issue Date of Admit Card||April Third Week 2018|
|CLAT Examination Date||May Second Week 2018 (May 13, 2018)|
CLAT 2018 Result Date
- The results for CLAT are likely to be announced in the last week of May 2018.
- To check the results, candidates have to visit www.clat.ac.in.
- Before the results are announced, the answer keys will be released in the third week of May 2018.
- Candidates are required to enter their CLAT registration number and password for downloading their result and scorecard.
- Candidates qualifying in CLAT will be called for CLAT Admission and Counselling Procedure.
|Issue of CLAT 2018 Answer Key||May 16, 2018|
|Date for uploading the Amended Answer Key (if any)||May 25, 2018|
|Declaration of CLAT Result||May 29, 2018|
CLAT Admission Schedule
- The counselling procedure for CLAT will tentatively start from the first week of June 2018.
- The short-listing of candidates will be based on the ranks of the candidates as per the merit list declared by the respective NLUs.
- The list will be available online on the official website.
- Counselling to UG and PG programs in participating NLUs will be done through centralized counselling (online) organized by CLAT office.
- CLAT 2018 Counselling will consist of 4 rounds.
- Seat allotment for various NLUs will be on the basis of merit only.
- The candidates who get selected for admission after the counselling will have to pay a fee of INR 50,000 at CLAT Office.
|Publication of 1st Allocation list||June 05, 2018|
|Counselling Fee Payment (INR 50000) & Locking Seats||June 06 to June 08, 2018|
|Release of 2nd Allotment List ||June 12, 2018|
|Counselling Fee Payment (INR 50000) & Locking Seats||June 13 to June 14, 2018|
|Release of 3rd Allotment List||June 19, 2018|
|Counselling Fee Payment (INR 50000) & Locking Seats||June 20 to June 21, 2018|
|Last date to withdraw admission fee||June 21, 2018|
|Release of 4th Allotment List||June 24, 2018|
|Fee Payment and Completing Admission Process||June 28 to June 30, 2018|
|Release of Admission Status by NLU(s)||July 04, 2018|
|CLAT Admission Process concludes on ||July 06, 2018|