CDS Result 2017- UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has announced the result of CDS (I) on March 20, 2017, at its official website i.e. upsc.gov.in. It will be displayed in a pdf format.
August 25, 2017 –
UPSC CDS II exam results 2016 declared at upsc.gov.in, 328 candidates qualified: There are 175 vacancies for men in the 106th Short Service Commission Course and 11 positions for wimen in the Commission's non-technical course. So far, about 258 men and 70 women have cleared the exam. Check HereUPSC CDS 2016 Result
CDS 2 2016 Result announced by UPSC in PDF Form. In total 265 candidates have been selected based on the results of the written test and SSB interviews. 168 candidates have qualified for Indian Military Academy, 81 candidates have qualified for Indian Naval Academy and 16 candidates have qualified for Airforce Academy. Check Results Here
Candidates can match their roll numbers and names to check their result. Please note that no results will be announced in offline mode. Check CDS Result (1) 2017 in Hindi
- As per CDS Result (1), a total of 8548 candidates secured the minimum cutoff marks, making it to the SSB Interview.
- Next, CDS (2) will be held on November 19, 2017.
- CDS Result 2017 (2) will be declared by UPSC in January 2018.
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination is 300 and for CDS 2017 interviews, it is 200.Check CDS Cut off 2017
- Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in written test will proceed to the next round of the selection procedure, i.e. Personality cum Psychometric tests and Intelligence Interview rounds.
- These shortlisted candidates will proceed for the training program, which is expected to start in April 2018.
CDS is held twice a year by UPSC. It is a gateway to some of the best jobs in Ministry of Defence, IMA (Indian Military Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy), AFA (Air Force Academy), OTA (Officers Training Academy).
Highlights of CDS Result
|CDS (1) Result 2017 was declared on||March 20, 2017|
|Candidates who qualified CDS (1) 2017||8548|
|CDS (2) 2017 Exam Date||November 19, 2017|
|CDS (2) Result 2017 will be declared on||January 2018|
|CDS Result will be declared by||UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)|
|CDS Result will be declared at||www.upsc.gov.in|
|Result will be displayed in the form of||PDF File|
|CDS Result will display||Roll numbers of qualifying candidates|
|CDS Selection Process will include||Written exam, Personality cum Psychometric tests and Intelligence Interview & Medical examination|
How to Check CDS Result?
To check CDS Result, a candidate requires to visit the official website of UPSC and check for the link available for it. UPSC CDS Result of written exam is published as a pdf file. Candidates can follow the below steps to check their CDS Result:
- Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Follow the link ‘Check CDS Result 2017’
- Download the pdf file
- Search your roll number
- Save it for further use
*If you find your roll number in the list that means, you have qualified the test.
How to retrieve CDS Roll number?
In case you have your registration number but lose your roll number, follow the below steps to retrieve it:
- Visit the official UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on Admit cards link
- If your exam is listed on the website then you are lucky enough to recover your roll no within seconds. Click on your exam.
- Click on Download Admit Card by Registration ID
- Enter your Registration ID and Download your Admit Card.
- It will have your Roll No on it. Copy it for further use.
You may also call UPSC and they will ask you the following details in order to recover your Roll number:
- Registration ID
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- The official will give you your Roll number after furnishing the above-mentioned details. You can contact UPSC on 011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591
What after CDS Result?
Post declaration of UPSC CDS Result 2017, CDS Cut off is released to shortlist the candidates for CDS Selection Process. The candidates are shortlisted for the following courses:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (142 Course)
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Course
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, 105th SSC Course (for Men)
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, 19th SSC Women Non-Technical Course
CDS 2017 Vacancy
Here is a list of courses and number of vacancies as per the last year notification. It will be updated as per the CDS 2017 official notification.
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 142||200|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training course||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai. 105th SSC Course (for Men)||175|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai 19th SSC women (Non-Technical)||05|
CDS Answer Key
- CDS Answer Key is generally released before the declaration of CDS Result.
- It is generated by the Union Public Service Commission.
- It helps candidates check the number of correct answers and predict their result for CDS.
- Candidates can download the CDS 2017 Answer Key from the official website of UPSC.
Steps to Check CDS Answer Key
Candidates will be notified about the release of the CDS 2017 Answer Key on the official website. Candidates are required to follow the steps given below to download the CDS Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the tab for CDS exam
- Follow the link for ‘CDS 2017 Answer Key’
- A generalized CDS 2017 Answer key with answers to all the questions in each set appears on the screen.
- Download by clicking ‘Download’ button.
Candidates Shortlisted for SSB Interview
- Shortlisting of candidates for SSB Interview on the basis of UPSC CDS Result of Written Exam is determined by various other factors.
- In the past two years, it has been observed that, around 8k – 10k candidates have been shortlisted each time for SSB Interviews based on the CDS Result of Written Exam.
- According to a data available at the official website of UPSC, 8548 candidates were shortlisted for SSB Interview by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence last year.
- Candidates securing minimum qualifying cut off marks in the CDS written exam will be shortlisted to further rounds of CDS Selection Process.
- CDS Cut Off will be determined by the Commission. The minimum qualifying score in subject is 20% of the total score.
Check Here How to Crack SSB Interview?
CDS 2017 Cut off
- CDS Cut off includes the list of minimum marks required separately in the written test and final result (psychological aptitude test and intelligence test).
- Candidates who obtain the marks equivalent to the minimum marks in the written test qualify for the next round of CDS Selection Process.
- Further, candidates who obtain the marks equivalent to or more than the marks in the CDS 2017 Cut off for the Final result, qualify for the training process.
For CDS, candidates have to score more than 100 marks to qualify for IMA and INA courses. Candidates aspiring recruitment to AFA course require to score more than 130 this time. The minimum scores for OTA course (men and women both) is 80 marks.
The table below gives the expected CDS 2017 Cut off for various courses both for the written examination and the final result:
|Course||CDS 2017 Cut off (Expected)|
Check Here CDS Cut Off
CDS 2016 Cut off
- For Final Result of CDS, candidates are required to score more than 225 marks to be recruited for IMA and INA courses.
- The minimum marks requirement for AFA course is 255 marks.
- Candidates aspiring recruitment to OTA course (men and women) are required to score atleast 163 marks in the final result.
|Course||CDS 2017 Cut off |
CDS 2015 Cut off
The table below is the cut off for the year 2015 which includes the maximum marks required for recruitment to each course both in the CDS exam and final result:
|Course||Maximum Marks in CDS exam||Maximum Marks in Final Result|
CDS Selection Process
Candidates have to undergo all rounds of CDS Selection Process to qualify for the training programme under CDS exam. Students who obtain the minimum marks as per the CDS 2017 Cut off qualify for the CDS Selection Process. The admission process for CDS involves the following steps:
- Written Test
- Psychological Test and Intelligence Test or Personal Interview
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination of Selected Candidates
- The Written Test or CDS exam is the initial step for the selection procedure of the CDS 2017.
- It is conducted twice a year and is an objective type offline examination.
- It comprises of 3 papers of 2 hours duration each.
- The OTA candidates must attempt English and General Knowledge section of the CDS exam.
- However, the candidates appearing for INA, IMA and AFA have to qualify all the three papers i.e. English, GK and Elementary Mathematics.
Note: All the candidates who have successfully qualified in the written exam are required to register themselves online on the Indian Army Recruiting website joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks of announcement of written result. The successful candidates would then be allotted Selection Centres and dates, of SSB interview which shall be communicated on the registered e-mail ID. Any candidate who has already registered earlier on the site will not be required to do so. In case of any query/Login problem, e-mail be forwarded to- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test or Personal Interview
- Candidates who qualify the written test are called for the Personality test and Intelligence test or Personal Interview.
- The personal interview is a two stage process which involves the conduction of the two tests introduced by the Service Selection Board (SSB).
- Candidates are sent for stage 1 on the first reporting day at selection centers.
- The ones who clear stage 1 of the examination, qualify for the stage 2.
- Candidates who fail to qualify the first stage are returned by the Selection Board.
- The third stage of the selection process for CDS 2017 is the document verification
- For this, candidates must carry their required set of original documents along with the 2 self-attested copies at SSC (Services Selection Center) after SSB interview.
- The certified true copies or Photostat copies of the certificates will not be accepted. However, original certificates will be returned after the verification.
- The following documents are to be provided during CDS 2017 Selection Process:
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Residence
Medical Examination of candidates
- The most important step of CDS 2017 Selection Process is the. medical examination.
- It is done to assure that the candidate is medically or physically fit for the position he has applied for. They have to clear this step completely to qualify for the training programme.
- Selected candidates are requested to report for SSB interview on the date intimated to them in their call-up letters for the interview session.
Final CDS Result
- Candidates who qualify for the SSB interviews have to undergo two tests namely the Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
- Those who qualify these tests are then shortlisted for the further CDS Admission Procedure.
- The final result for CDS exam is declared after the conduct of SSB Interviews.
- Candidates have to collectively clear the written test and SSB interviews to be recruited for their desired course.
How to check Final CDS Result?
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Follow the link ‘Final Result for CDS 2017’
- Download the pdf
- A list of qualified candidates appears on the screen
- Search for your roll number
- Save for further use