CDS 2017 Application Form - How to Apply Online
CDS Application Form 2017 for Stage 2 will be available from August 09, 2017, onwards. The last date to fill CDS Application Form (Stage 2) is September 08, 2017. Registration for Combined Defence Service (CDS) can be done via online mode only. Candidates can visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to apply for CDS.
Here are some key points about CDS Application Form 2017 by UPSC:
- Candidates who are between 19 – 25 years of age and passed or will be passing their 10+2/ HSC are eligible to fill CDS application form. Check CDS Eligibility
- Applicants can obtain CDS Application Form from upsc.gov.in. They must fill in all the asked details.
- The next step will be to upload photograph, signature and other important documents.
- Candidates from General and OBC Category will then be required to pay INR 200 as application fee, while candidates from SC/ST category and wards of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs are exempted from paying CDS application fee.
- After successful registration, your application number will appear on the screen. Note it down for further use.
The filled application form need not be sent to the authority via post. Candidates who successfully register for Stage 2, will sit for CDS 2017 on November 19, 2017. Qualifying candidates will then be recruited in Indian Defence Forces, which include Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy.
Highlights of CDS Application Form
|CDS Application Form 2017 (Stage 2) will be available from||August 09 – September 08, 2017|
|CDS Application Form (Stage 1) was available from||November 09 – December 02, 2016|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Minimum qualification to apply for CDS||Class XII|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|Application fee for General and OBC category||INR 200|
|Application fee for SC/ ST/ Women and others||Exempted from paying fee|
|Mode of fee payment||Online and Offline|
|UPSC Helpline Number||011-23381125, 011-23385271|
Check Here CDS 2017 Important Dates
CDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to go through the eligibility criteria before filling CDS Application Form. UPSC has carved out these criteria that a candidate must fulfil. Failure to meet CDS Eligibility Criteria will lead to an inability to apply for the exam. Here are some of the basic conditions that a candidate must meet:
The educational qualification criteria vary for participants applying to different courses and different institutes.
- For admission to I.M.A. (Indian Military Academy) and Officers’ Training Academy, candidates need to possess a degree of recognized University or equivalent.
- For admission Indian Naval Academy, candidates should have completed their Graduation in Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
- For admission to Air Force Academy, graduation from a recognized University, along with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
Candidates putting their first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are required to submit proof of provisional certificates from their degree course on the starting date of the SSB Interview at the SSB (Services Selection Board).
Check Here Detailed CDS Eligibility
CDS Registration 2017
- There are two stages of CDS Registration. It is mandatory to complete both stages on or before the last date of application form-filling.
- In CDS Registration Part 1, candidates will be required to fill their basic information such as name, parents name, nationality, category, email id, contact details, corresponding address, etc. Fields marked with red star (*) are mandatory and essential to be filled in by the applicant.
- In CDS Registration Part 2, candidates will be paying the requisite application fee, as per their category, and exam center. This fee can be remitted by online/offline gateway.
Here is how a candidate can easily complete CDS registration process:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC CDS i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Registration Part 1”
- Fill all the Important Details
- After submitting the form, a registration number will be generated. One must note down that Number for further use
- Click on the Link “Registration Part 2”
- Make the payment for the application form of CDS II
- Upload all the required documents
- Click on “I Agree”. Now proceed to fill CDS Application Form.
How to Fill CDS Application Form?
Candidates must keep ready the below-mentioned documents before they begin to fill CDS Application Form:
- Valid Email Id and Password
- Scanned Photograph with 140*110 px. The image must be in JPEG format and size must be in between 3kb to 40kb.
- Scanned Signature with 110*140 px. The image must be in JPEG Format and size must be in between 1kb to 40kb.
Here are the step-wise instructions to complete CDS registration process:
Step 1 – Registration and Form Filling
- Go to Official Website: Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in. Click on the link with the text “Online application for various examinations of UPSC”. Then, click on the link “Part-I registration”. Read all the instructions carefully and then click on “Yes” button.
- Fill online Form: CDS application form will appear on the computer screen. Candidates are needed to fill all their personal details, qualifications and address details. After filling them, click on “Continue” button.
- Verify Details: After filling CDS application form, candidates will be required to choose the branch preference. Click ‘Continue’ to preview. Check all the details entered and click on “I Agree” button. The registration number will be generated. Note down the registration number for future use.
Step 2 – Fee Payment
- Payment of Fee: Candidates have to click on “Part 2 Registration”. You will be asked to enter your registration number and date of birth. Click on ‘Submit’ Button. Click on Payment option. Make payment through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/Cash Payment in SBI Bank.
- Center Selection: Candidates will be asked to select 2 choices according to their preference. Check Here List of CDS Exam Centers
Step 3 – Upload Images
- Click on the “Photo & Signature Upload” section.
- Upload scanned images as per the specifications.
- Click on “Continue” button.
Step 4 – Accept Declaration
- Click on the link “Agreeing to Declaration” option.
- Read the declaration carefully and click on “I have read declaration & agree”.
- Now, take a printout of filled CDS application form.
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
Candidates should note that the Photograph and Signature should be scanned and uploaded in the prescribed specifications only. The specifications recommended by the commission are indicated below for all the applicants.
- The Scanned Photograph should be clear and preferably taken on a white background.
- The signature should be taken on white A4 size paper with black ball point pen and must be clearly visible after being scanned
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in .JPG format
- The maximum size of the scanned file must not exceed 40 KB and should not be less than 3 KB under any circumstances
- Scan the Photograph and Signature in 200 dpi
- The scanned photograph and signature should have the following dimensions:
- Photograph – 140 pixels (Height) x 110 pixels (width)
- Signature – 110 pixels (Height) x 140 pixels (width)
NOTE: Candidates submitting their forms on an MS Window operating system can use MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager to procure the scanned images in the desired specification. They are however, free to use any other photo editor as long as they are complying with the specifications.
CDS Application Fee
- An application fee of INR 200 is to be paid by candidates from General and OBC category.
- Female candidates, SC/ST category and wards of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from paying CDS application fee.
- The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George's School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
- The candidates of Sainik schools have to provide the written recommendation letter from the Principal of Sainik School. The letter has to be produced at the time of SSB interview.
- The application fee can be paid through both modes- online and offline.
Instructions for CDS Application Fee
The applicants for CDS Exam are advised to go through the following guidelines of UPSC before submitting the application fee.
- CDS application form fee can be paid online through the net-banking facility or credit/debit card.
- The offline payment of CDS application fee requires the applicant to download e-challan receipt of State Bank of India. An amount of INR 100/- has to be deposited as the CDS application fee at the nearest State Bank Branch.
- The net banking facility for payment of the application fee is acceptable of only State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore.
- Candidates who opt for “Pay by Cash” option must pay the application fee within 24 hours.
- The “Pay by Cash” link will be deactivated at 23.59 hours, on the last day of CDS application form filling.
- The payment slips generated on the last day will be valid and the candidate must pay the application fee at the nearest counter.
- In case a candidate is not able to pay fee on within the bank working hours on the last day, then he must pay the fee through debit/credit card. The application will be rejected otherwise.
- The payment of the application fee will be accepted only if it paid on time and through the modes defined.
- CDS application form fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- If the cash payment for a particular candidate has not been received from the bank, such cases are treated as fake and such applications are rejected.
Documents Required to fill CDS Application Form
Candidates need to keep ready a few documents and details while filling CDS Application Form. It is mandatory to upload them at the time of form-filling. Make sure all details in these documents are true and correct.
- All the qualification details of the candidates required at the time of Registration
- Scanned Clear Photograph on a white background.
- Scanned clear Signature on a white background.
- Valid Email Id for all official communications. The email Id which must be active for next 6 months
- Valid Mobile number for communication through SMS
- Valid debit/credit card (in case of online payment)
- 3 copies of bank challan (in case of offline payment)
Grounds for Rejecting CDS II 2017 Application Form
The Application form for CDS II 2017 could be rejected on the following grounds by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Some grounds for rejection of forms are discussed below.
- Bad quality of Submitted Photograph.
- Bad quality of Submitted Signature
- Part I of the Application form is only filled and submitted
- Swapping of Photograph with that of signature
- Submission of Signature only and not Photograph
- Submission of Photograph only and not Signature
- Submitted Part I Registration and Fee Payment but did not Submit Part II (failure to Upload Photograph and Signature)
- Multiple Application forms submitted
- Application fee is paid for an Application form with a different Registration ID
- Non-submission of payment proof within specified time period in case of fictitious payments
The list for Applications rejected on the grounds of non-receipt of payment details would be displayed on the official website of UPSC as well as sent via email to candidates within two weeks of the closure of CDS II 2017 Application Form.
Applicants are required to submit the proof of payment within 10 days of the official communication either through speed post or in person to the commission. The commission would revive application form in case of genuine receipt of payment.
CDS Application Form Contact Details
Information for CDS II 2017 can be obtained from Facilitation Centers located in the Commission’s office. Candidates can enquire about the non-receipt of the admit card or rejection of application form in person or over phone.The details are mentioned below:
Address: Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi – 110069
Phone No. - 011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591
Fax J.S. (Examination) - 011-23387310
CDS Application Form FAQs
Q. Is there any problem if I use my parent’s email id for CDS Registration?
Ans: Candidates are advised not to use any other email id while registering for CDS 2017, as all communication is made through it. Make sure the email id is unique and valid. Also, the ID should be active for next 7-8 months at least.
Q. Can I purchase CDS Application Form in offline mode?
Ans: No, the option to obtain CDS application form is online only. All desirous candidates can visit upsc.gov.in to fill the online form.
Q. Is there any provision to edit CDS application form?
Ans: Candidates will not be able to modify any information after submission of the application form. However, in case a form correction window is opened by UPSC, we will update it here.
Q. I have registered for CDS 2017 and submitted the fee too but now I want to cancel it? Will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No, refund of fee and withdrawal of application is not allowed under any circumstances.
Q. In case I don’t appear in the test, will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No, this will not be possible.
Q. Can females apply for CDS?
Ans: Yes, only for the recruitment of Officer’s Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) female candidates can apply for the exam.
Q. Who can I contact in case of queries regarding CDS Application Form?
Ans: You may get in touch with UPSC Helpline Number at 011-23381125, 011-23385271.