UGC NET Application Form- Apply Online @cbsenet.nic.in
UGC NET Application Form is now available online at www.cbsenet.nic.in from August 11, 2017 onwards. The last date to complete UGC NET Registration is September 11, 2017. Nearly 6 lakh candidates fill UGC NET Application Form each year, making it the most popular and sought-after National Level Eligibility Test.
Latest Update on September 18:
CBSE is providing a one-time facility for making corrections in UGC NET Application Form from September 19 to September 25
on the official website. Click Here
- The process of applying for UGC NET consists of 3-steps namely UGC NET Registration, Filling Application Form and Payment of Fees.
- The requirement of Aadhaar for the Applicants of UGC NET (November) 2017 is made mandatory from this year.
- Candidates are advised to check UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before proceeding to UGC NET Application Form.
- There is no age limit set for candidates applying for Assistant Professor only.
- At the time of registration, candidates have to select 4 exam centers as per their preference.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for general category and INR 500 for OBC and INR 250 for SC/ST/PwD.
- UGC NET Exam Center and schedule will be communicated through UGC NET Admit Card.
- Candidates are advised to complete UGC NET Registration within the prescribed time slot as it expires after 30 minutes.
- It is also advised to save User ID and Password for future correspondence.
UGC NET Registration 2017
Before the process of UGC NET Application Form filling commences, an aspirant has to register themselves at the Authentication Form on the official website of UGC NET. UGC NET 2017 Registration window was made functional from August 11, 2017 at cbsenet.nic.in.
Pre-requisites details for UGC NET Registration are listed below:
- Aadhaar Number
- Nationality and State of Domicile
- Date of Birth as on official documents
Below is the step-by-step guide for UGC NET Registration:
- Visit the cbsenet.nic.in and click on Fill UGC NET Application Form – NET November 2017.
- Click on the link Registration for New User.
- Read the Instructions mentioned on the webpage and proceed to apply online.
- Follow these 4 simple steps to fill the UGC NET Application form and by checking the box, click on Proceed.
- Now, enter the mandatory details to authenticate UGC NET Registration- Nationality, State of Domicile, Identification Type & Number, DOB, Name, Gender and Security Pin.
- Submit after all the required details are filled.
- After completing the registration process, you will move to fill UGC NET Application Form.
How to Fill UGC NET Application Form 2017?
After successful UGC NET Registration one can move on to fill UGC NET Online Application Form. Read the information bulletin carefully and fill in application form accordingly in order to avoid rejection. For filling UGC NET application form, you will have to first login to the official website. The steps to log in are described below:
- On the bottom of the homepage, click on “Fill Application Form – NET November 2017” tab.
- A new Login window will appear.
- Enter the Login id and Password sent to you to your registered email address and mobile number.
- Click on the Login tab.
Following this, you will be able to login to your account and open UGC NET 2017 online application. UGC NET Application Form comprises the following 4 sections:
- Fill in UGC NET Online Application Form
- Upload Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature
- Pay Examination fee by e-challan or debit/credit card
- Download the confirmation page
Below is the step-by-step guide for UGC NET Registration:
- Visit the official website of NET 2017.
- On the bottom of the window, you will find a “Fill Application Form – NET November 2017” link. Click on the link and you will be redirected to UGC NET Application Form window.
- It is important to provide all the details correctly as the information entered at this stage can not be edited at a later stage. The details required are: Name of Candidate, Date of Birth, Nationality, Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Enter the captcha code correctly. Captcha is a security feature to ensure that the form is filled by a human and not a computer program. If the captcha code is not clear, click on “Get a New Image” link.
- Now, click on “I Agree” button in the declaration box. It is compulsory as, without the declaration, the form will not be submitted.
- Click on “Submit” button at the end of the form.
After successful completion of registration, you will shortly receive your login id on the email id provided. The corresponding password will be communicated through SMS at the registered number. It is advised to keep the login id and password safe for the future use.
UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
- Payment of UGC NET Application Fee can be made via online as well as offline mode.
- In online mode, UGC NET application fee can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- In offline mode, the application fee can be paid via e-challan.
- Following table gives the information regarding the application fee decided by CBSE for candidates belonging to different categories:
|Category||General||OBC (Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST/PwD|
|Examination fee||INR 1000||INR 500||INR 250|
Modes of Payment
- Online - If candidates choose to pay the Application Fee online, they have to use Debit Card/Credit Card. Candidate will be asked for an option to either use online payment method or generate an e-challan when they go through the payment gateway. Additional charges will be applied if a candidate chooses to pay online as given below: -
- Credit Card- 1.20% of examination fee + service tax will be deducted
- Debit Card- 0.75% of examination fee + service tax will be deducted
- Offline - Other payment option available for the candidate is to generate an e-challan and pay the application fee offline. Candidates have to opt for offline payment mode when they enter the payment gateway. Candidate can pay the application fee by visiting the nearest Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
- Candidate must check the status of fee payment and if the status is ‘OK’, the candidate must take the print out of Confirmation Page.
- In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ then the candidate must contact the concerned bank and ask them to update fee payment status on the official website (in case of payment through e-challan).
- If candidate opted for online payment option and status is not ‘OK’ then it means the transaction is canceled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within a week.
- Such candidate will have to pay the fee once again.
- It is important to note that any other mode of payment except the given, will not be accepted under any circumstances.
UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
- Admit Card for CBSE UGC NET will be available for download on the official website in the last week of October 2017.
- Candidates can download UGC NET Admit Card by entering the log in credentials such as application number and password.
- It is very important to carry the hall ticket to the examination center.
- Candidate without admit card will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- The admit card will contain information such as name, roll number, venue of examination, timings, category, subject, important instructions for the examination, etc.
- After reviewing the admit card thoroughly, candidate must take a print out of it and secure it even after the commencement of the examination.