UGC NET 2017 Answer Keys and OMR Sheet
UGC NET is a national-level eligibility test held for determining eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship. NET Exam is conducted by CBSE on the behalf of UGC in 100 subjects. CBSE has released the latest notification on UGC NET 2017 (November) on August 4, 2017 at cbsenet.nic.in. UGC NET 2017 for November session is scheduled on November 05, 2017.
CBSE has released UGC NET 2017 Admit Card. Candidates can download the admit card from the offical website only. In case of any discrepancy, contact the official helpdesk of CBSE immediately.
- UGC NET 2017 Form Correction Facility is available from September 19 to 25, 2017. Read More
- The conducting body has also mandated the use of Aadhaar Number for successfully completing UGC NET Online Application.
- The last date to apply for UGC NET is September 11, 2017.
- According to the notification, CBSE has introduced some changes in the Application Fee and UGC NET Exam Pattern.
- Minimum 55% aggregate in Master’s Degree or equivalent is required to appear for UGC NET. Check the detailed UGC NET Eligibility here.
- Nearly 6 lakh candidates appear for National Eligibility Test.
- UGC NET Sample Papers are available here for free download.
- After the exam, UGC NET Result will be announced in the second week of January 2018.
UGC NET is an offline mode test held bi-annually at 91 exam cities across the country. The exam is held for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
A screenshot of UGC NET 2017 Notification is provided below-
- UGC NET Application Form window has become functional from August 11, 2017 to September 12, 2017.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for general category and INR 500 for NC-OBC candidates while for SC/ST/PWD, it is INR 250.
- The last date to complete pay application fee is September 12, 2017.
- Use Internet Explorer (version 10 to 11) or Mozilla Firefox (version 48 to 54) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 59) to fill UGC NET Application Form.
- Use of Aadhaar Card Number is mandatory for successful completion of UGC NET Online Application Form.
CBSE will now evaluate the answer sheets of UGC NET 2017 as per newly introduced ‘Digi Scoring’ Method to ensure accurate and even-handed Result. Inspired by the success of Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment exam, CBSE Chairman RK Chaturvedi along with other officials came up the decision.
What is Digital Scoring?
Digital Scoring involves scanning of OMR sheets and storing images instantly on the central server. This provides security of each examinee in a temper proof format. CBSE also said that the board will proceed in a phased manner and plans to conduct the forthcoming UGC NET exam, using the same format in at least few hundred centers before switching over to other competitive exams.
UGC NET Exam Highlights
|UGC NET 2017 Conducting Body||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|UGC NET 2017 Official Website||cbsenet.nic.in|
|Duration of Exam||5 Hours (Paper 1 & 2 – 1 ¼, Paper 3 – 2 1/2)|
|UGC NET Exam Date 2017||November 05, 2017|
|Eligibility Criteria||Post-Graduation with 55%|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Candidates Expected to Appear in UGC NET 2017||Over 6,00,000|
|UGC NET Helpdeskemail@example.com | 7042399520|
UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates
The registration window for UGC NET is 1 month. CBSE has published the notification for UGC NET on August 4, 2017. The schedule for NET Exam 2017 is tabulated below-
|UGC NET Online Application begins from||August 11, 2017|
|The last date to complete the application form is||September 11, 2017|
|Application Fee can be submitted till||September 12, 2017|
|CBSE UGC NET 2017 Application Form Correction Window will be functional from||September 19 – 25, 2017|
|Download UGC NET Admission Card Online from||3rd week of October, 2017|
|UGC NET Exam||November 05, 2017|
|Release of UGC NET 2017 Answer Key||December, 2017|
|UGC NET Result will declare in||January, 2018|
UGC NET 2017 Eligibility
UGC NET is open for candidates who have completed their post-graduation degree. UGC NET Eligibility for Assistant Professor and JRF varies a little. The required academic qualification is given below:
- Candidates should have minimum 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination.
- The subjects should include Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Electronic Science andComputer Science and Applications.
- The minimum marks required in Master’s degree or equivalent exam is 50% for reserved category candidates.
- Those in the final year of their Master’s Degree are also eligible.
- PhD holders and whose Master’s exam has been completed by September 19, 1991 are eligible for a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Candidates should appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
- There is an upper age limit of 28 years as on November 11, 2017 for candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship.
- A relaxation of 5 years for women applicants and candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, and PwD categories.
- Up to 5 years maximum relaxation is for LLM degree holders and of 5 years for those having research experience.
- There is no upper age limit defined for candidates applying for Assistant Professor only.
UGC NET Online Application Form
The process of applying for UGC NET begins from August 11, 2017. Only in online mode, candidates can apply for NET exam. However, the application fee can be paid either through- generating challan or by credit/debit payment.
- The last date to fill UGC NET Online Application Form is September 11, 2017.
- The application form can be accessed from www.cbsenet.nic.in.
- This year, CBSE has increased the application fee by almost 66%.
- The application fee varies according to the category, candidate belongs to. The last date to pay the application fee is September 12, 2017.
The application process for UGC NET is usually a four-step process-
- Fill UGC NET Application Form- This includes entering personal details, contact information, academic details, work experience, program preference and exam center preference. Also, Application Form Number and Password will be generated at this step, which should be noted down for further use.
- Upload Documents- Upload your scanned copies of Photograph and Signature with the following dimensions-
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
- Payment of Application Fee- The application fee for UGC NET has to be paid either through e-challan (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI) or by credit card/debit card. Mentioned below is the category wise application fee for UGC NET 2017:
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||500/-|
|SC / ST / PWD||250/-|
- Download the Confirmation Page- Candidate should take print of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference. The Confirmation Page should not be sent to CBSE.
UGC NET Admit Card 2017
UGC NET Admit Card/Admission Card will be uploaded on the official CBSE website in the 3rd week of October 2017. No hard copies of UGC NET admit card will be sent by post to candidates.
Follow the steps given below to download UGC NET Admit Card 2017:
- Visit CBSE website at www.cbsenet.nic.in.
- Click on the link “Admit Card for UGC NET”.
- Enter required login credentials i.e. application number and password.
- View and save UGC NET Admit Card for future references.
UGC NET exam will be conducted in a total of 90 cities all across the country. Candidates will be required to select the test city of their choice according to their own preference.
UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
With the release of UGC NET notification, CBSE has brought some changes in UGC NET exam pattern. NET Exam consists of 3 papers- Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. The details about UGC NET Exam Pattern is given below-
- All the 3 UGC NET Papers are conducted in a single day.
- NET Exam carries objective type questions.
- UGC NET Paper 1 consists of 50 questions of 2 marks each which should be completed in a time span of 75 minutes.
- Paper 2 of CBSE NET carries the same number of questions as of Paper 1.
- Paper 3 carries 75 MCQs of 2 marks each and the duration is 150 minutes to complete it.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 Questions all are compulsory||1 1/4 Hours (09:30 AM to 10:45 AM) IST|
|Second||II||100||50 Questions all are compulsory||1 1/4 Hours (11:15 AM to 12:30 AM) IST|
|Third||III||150||75 Questions all are compulsory||2 1/2 Hours (02:00 PM to 04:30 PM) IST|
- The marking scheme for all three papers of UGC NET is same.
- For each question which candidates answer correctly, two marks will be awarded.
- There is no negative marking in CBSE UGC NET exam.
UGC NET Result 2017
UGC NET Result 2017 is declared by CBSE at cbseresults.nic.in. The complete result of NET 2017 will be available in pdf format after a few days of the declaration of result. UGC NET Resultwould contain the following details of the candidate-
- Roll Number
- Subject Code
- Applied status for Assistant Professor or both Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship
- Individual Marks in all the 3 Papers
- Total Marks Obtained
- Status of Qualifying Exam
Qualifying Criteria for UGC NET
Candidates must obtain the minimum cut off marks to qualify the exam. From among the candidates who successfully secure the minimum marks, a merit list will be prepared, both subject-wise and category-wise.
- For this purpose, the aggregate marks obtained in all three papers by each candidate will be taken into consideration.
- Top 6% candidates (for each subject and category) from the merit list will be declared to be NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
- A separate merit list for Junior Research Fellowship will be prepared from amongst these NET qualified candidates using the following formula:
The same formula is used for other categories as well.
UGC NET 2017 Cut Off
UGC NET Cut Off is the qualifying marks required to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. CBSE has marked the minimum qualifying marks for general and reserved category candidates. To be eligible, candidates should secure at least 40% marks aggregate of all the 3 papers.
- In order to be considered for merit list preparation, a candidate must score the minimum qualifying marks in each paper.
- However, scoring the minimum qualifying marks does not ensure qualification in UGC NET.
- UGC NET Merit List will be prepared according to Subject-wise and Category-wise.
- The number of slots for eligibility for Assistant Professor only will be equal to the 6% of the candidates appeared in all three papers of NET.
The details for UGC NET minimum qualifying marks are given below:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 3|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC/ PWD/ SC/ ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|