BVP CET 2018
BVP CET 2018 will be conducted tentatively from the 4th week of March, 2018. BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth University Common Entrance Test) is conducted by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University every year. Candidates interested in taking admission in the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University and its affiliated institutions must appear for BVP CET 2018.
- Candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in BVP CET 2018 can apply for the entrance examination by filling the application form.
- Candidates can fill BVP CET 2018 Application Form in the online or offline mode.
- The submission date of application form is different for different courses.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the last date of submission.
- The admit card for BVP CET 2018 will be released one or two weeks before the date of examination.
- BVP CET is conducted through offline mode. It is generally a 3 hour entrance examination.
- The duration of BVP CET for MCA/MBA aspirants will be 2 and half hours.
- Objective type questions will be asked in BVP CET 2018.
- The question paper for BVP CET 2018 will be published only in the English language.
- Total 200 questions will be asked in the entrance examination. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for answering each question correctly.
- No negative marking is there in BVP CET 2018.
BVP CET 2018 is a university level examination organized by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University separately for admission into the engineering, management, medical, nursing and other courses. Though the examination is conducted separately for different courses, the university releases a common notification for all the courses.
BVPCET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Bharti Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Bharati Vidyapeeth University|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||March- May 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks in aggregate|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|2 hours 30 minutes for MBA & MCA|
BVP CET 2018 Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for BVP CET 2018 must know about the important exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The dates of BVP CET are different for different programs. The important exam dates of BVP CET 2018 for all programs are listed in the table below:
|S.No.||Entrance Exam||Last date of submitting application form||Date of examination||Date of announcement of result/merit list|
|1.||BVP CET Engineering||Third week of May, 2018||Last week of May, 2018||Second week of June, 2018|
|2.||BVP CET B-CAT (MBA)||Third week of March, 2018||Last week of March, 2018||First week of April, 2018|
|3.||BVP CET BUMAT (BBA/BCA)||Third week of May, 2018||First week of June, 2018||Last week of June, 2018|
|4.||BVP CET B-MAT (MCA)||Third week of March, 2018||Last week of March, 2018||Second week of April, 2018|
|5.||BVP CET LLB||Third week of May, 2018||Third week of June, 2018||Last week of June, 2018|
|6.||BVP CET PHARMUG (B.Pharma/Pharma-D)||Third week of May, 2018||Second week of June, 2018||Last week of June, 2018|
|7.||BVP CET B.Pharma (II Year)||Third week of May, 2018||Third week of June, 2018||Last week of June, 2018|
Candidates must note that all the dates mentioned in the table are tentative. The university can make last minute changes in the schedule. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of the university (www.bvuniversity.edu.in) to stay updated on news related to BVP CET 2018 examination.
BVP CET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates interested in appearing for BVP CET 2018 should check if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for applying in the examination. As the Bharati Vidyapeeth University offers many courses, the eligibility criteria is different for different courses. The eligibility criteria for various courses are listed below:
- Candidates need to qualify or should be appearing for the 12th standard examination from a recognized board or university.
- Mathematics and Physics should be the compulsory subjects. The optional subjects can be Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 45% marks ( 40% for SC/ST candidates)
- No upper age limit is there for applying in MBA.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam (40% for SC/ST candidates)
For MCA (Lateral entry/3years full time)
- No age limit is there for applying in MCA.
- Candidates need to pass minimum 3 year Bachelor degree program.
- Candidates must have Mathematics at the graduate level or 10+2 level.
- For MCA lateral entry, candidates need to pass minimum 3 year Bachelor degree program in BCS, BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/IT).
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (40% for SC/ST candidates).
For PG Medical Program
- Candidates must pass MBBS examination from a recognized medical college.
- Candidates must complete their compulsory rotating internship of one year on or before April 30, 2018.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) in MEDPET 2018.
For PG Dental Program
- Candidates must pass BDS examination from a recognized dental college.
- Candidates must complete their compulsory rotating internship of one year on or before March 31, 2018.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) in DENPET 2018.
If candidates do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the respective course, they cannot apply for BVP CET 2018 examination.
BVP CET 2018 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for BVP CET 2018 must submit the application form before the specified last date. Candidates must ensure that all the details filled in the application form are accurate. The guidelines for filling BVP CET 2018 application form are as follows:
- Applicants can fill and submit BVP CET 2018 application form through both online and offline mode.
- Candidates who want to apply online have to visit the official website of Bharati Vidyapeeth University (www.bvuniversity.edu.in).
- The last date of submitting the application form is different for different courses.
- Candidates need to provide accurate information while filling the application form.
- Candidates need to provide their photograph and signature in the application form.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through debit card/credit card or net banking.
- Candidates who wish to apply for BVP CET 2018 in the offline mode can pay the application fee through demand draft.
- Candidates applying for DENPET, MEDPET, AYUPET and HOMPET courses need to send the print copy of their application form along with essential documents to the following address:
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University,
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,
Second Floor, L.B.S, Marg
The application fee of BVP CET 2018 examination is different for different courses. The amount of application fee for various courses is listed in the following table:
|S. No.||Entrance Exams||Application Fee|
|1.||BVP CET Engineering 2018||1500 INR|
|2.||BVP CET B-CAT 2018/ BVP CET B-MAT 2018||1700 INR|
|2.||BVP CET Medical 2018||2000 INR|
|3.||BVP CET MEDPET 2018/ BVP CET DENPET 2018||3000 INR|
Candidates must note that the application fee for BVP CET 2018 is non-refundable.
BVP CET 2018 Admit Card
BVP CET 2018 Admit Card will be released one or two weeks before the date of examination. The admit card will be sent on the registered email ID of candidates after they have paid the application fee. Candidates can also login to their account and download the admit card from the official website of the university. The steps to download BVP CET 2018 admit card is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the university (www.bvuniversity.edu.in).
- Login with username and password.
- Select admit card from the top menu.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Your BVP CET 2018 admit card will appear on your computer screen. You need to take a printout of the admit card.
Candidates must check if all the details mentioned on the admit card are accurate. They should take a printout of the admit card after verifying all the details. In case there is any discrepancy, candidates must contact the conducting authority.
If you have not received your BVP CET 2018 admit card one week before the examination, you should contact the online department for BVP CET examination. The conducting authority can provide you with a duplicate admit card.
The details that will be mentioned on your BVP CET 2018 Admit Card is as follows:
- Name of Candidate
- Postal address of candidate
- Form Number
- Roll Number of candidate
- Name of exam center
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of exam
Candidates must bring their admit card on the day of BVP CET 2018 examination. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination if they do not carry the admit card.
BVP CET 2018 Exam Centers
The exam center for BVP CET 2018 examination will be mentioned on the admit card of candidates. BVP CET exam centers are spread across the 8 major cities and 8 states of India. When candidates will fill the application form, they can choose the specific exam center where they would like to give the entrance examination. Once the exam center is selected, it cannot be altered. Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam commences.
Following are the major exam centers across the country:
BVP CET 2018 Exam Pattern
BVP CET 2018 is a pen and paper based entrance examination. You can find the exam pattern of the entrance examination in the following table:
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Duration of examination||3 hours (except MBA/MCA) 2.5 hours for MBA and MCA|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice Questions (MCQs) that are objective type|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly for BVP CET 2018 examination.
BVP CET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of BVP CET 2018 examination is different for different courses. For Engineering, candidates need to study Mathematics and Physics of Class 12. For Medical, candidates need to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics of the qualifying examination. Questions will be asked in BVP CET according to the course selected by candidates.
Candidates must know about the syllabus of BVP CET 2018 if they want to score well in the examination. Candidates should study the best books and practice the previous year question papers to score well in the examination.
BVP CET 2018 Result
The result of BVP CET 2018 examination will be published on the official website of Bharati Vidyapeeth University. The result will be announced after a few days of the examination. Candidates need to visit the official website of the university. They can login using their user name and password to check BVP CET 2018 result.
The merit list will also be available on the website of the university. Candidates need to check the merit list to understand if they qualified in the examination. If a candidate has qualified in BVP CET 2018 examination, he/she will get a counselling letter via post after the announcement of the result.
BVP CET 2018 Cut off
BVP CET 2018 cut off is the minimum marks that candidates must obtain for qualifying in the examination. It is set by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University. Only those candidates who have obtained the cut off marks will be called for counselling. During the announcement of BVP CET 2018 result, the university will also declare the cut off marks.
BVP CET 2018 Counselling
Selected candidates will be called by the University for counselling. The process of counselling will be on the basis of the merit list. Candidates can check the counselling schedule on the official website of the university. On the day of counselling, candidates need to be present in person along with the essential documents. Candidates have to carry the original documents along with their photocopies.
The following documents will be required during counselling:
- Class 12 and Class 10 Mark sheets and certificates
- Graduation mark sheet and certificate (for PG courses)
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate (if candidate belongs to SC/ST category)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Birth proof certificate (if date of birth is not mentioned on class 10 mark sheet)
- Counselling letter
- Passport size photographs with name written on the backside
BVP CET 2018 Counselling will determine the final admission of candidates in Bharati Vidyapeeth University. The selection of seats will depend on the merit of candidates and the availability of seats.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College