BITSAT 2018 (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is conducted by BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science). This entrance exam is carried out every year for the students who are desirous to get admission to various Integrated First Degree Programs of Engineering in BITS.
- Lacs of candidates around the country appear for BITSAT every year to compete for approximately 2,000 seats.
- It is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- BITSAT 2018 will be conducted from May 2018 across its exam centers in India and Dubai.
- BITSAT 2018 is a 3 hour duration test.
- This exam has 4 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English & Logical Reasoning.
- BITSAT Result will be released on July 2018. Check Here BITSAT Result 2018
- BITSAT Counselling Process also commences from the 1st week of July 2018.
- Counselling process is conducted across various levels in which admission and waiting list of the applicants are published.
- After the declaration of results, the counselling process will begin and it may continue for a week.
BITSAT 2018 Merit List for Admission
- Candidates who have appeared in BITSAT 2018 will be eligible for taking admissions into BITS.
- All those candidates who have appeared for BITSAT 2018 and are interested to take admission will have to submit the admission application with class 12th marks.
- It should be submitted before the due date i.e. June 2018.
- Candidates should be updated with the official website in order to get the latest updates for BITSAT 2018 admission process.
- Merit status of all those candidates who have appeared for BITSAT 2018 and have successfully submitted their application for admission in the prescribed format along with the class 12th marks, will be based on BITSAT 2018 scores.
Read More BITSAT 2018 MERIT LIST
- For BITSAT 2018 admission process, there will be 2 BITSAT merit lists.
- List 1 would be for all the programs except the B.Pharm course and the list 2 would be for only B.Pharm course.
- In case, if the scores of any 2 or more candidates fall same then there exists a tie.
BITSAT 2018 Tie-Breaker Resolution
Tie-breaker criteria are used to determine the actual rank of candidate. Given below are the tie-breaking criteria for candidates sharing same marks-
- Firstly marks scored by candidates in Mathematics/ Biology (For B. Pharm.) will be considered.
- If the tie still exists, then marks obtained inPhysics in BITSAT 2018 will be taken into consideration.
- In case the marks scored in Physics in BITSAT 2018 are also same, then marks obtained in Chemistry will be taken into consideration.
- In case the marks scored in Chemistry is also same, then total marks in PCM/PCB (For B. Pharm.) in 10+2 examination will be taken into consideration.
BITSAT 2018 Admission Process
All the BIT campuses have similar formalities for the admissions. Given below is a brief informatory set of admission procedure into BITS Campus:
- Before getting to BITSAT 2018 application forms, candidates should check their eligibility criteria for BITSAT.
- Next, candidates will have to apply for BITSAT 2018. BITSAT 2018 Applicationforms will be available from January 2018.
- Candidates should save their application number and password for further use.
- After completing the application form, booking the test dates and submitting it successfully, candidates can download their BITSAT 2018 Admit card from the official website.
- All those candidates who have appeared for BITSAT 2018 and want to take admission into BITS campus, will have to submit the application, in both online and hard copy at the given address before June 2018.
The Dean Admissions,
PIN 333 031
- In July 2018, BITSAT 2018 admit list and wait list will be released.
- If candidates are offered the temporary seats in the first admit list then they have to pay the admission fees + semester 1 fees. If the candidate is kept in the wait list, then they have to pay only the admission fees.
- The course and the campus offered after the 3rd admit list is provisional but candidates should report at the campus before the due date.
- At the time of visiting the campus, candidates should carry the required set of documents along with their photocopies and arrange them carefully.
- Candidates will have to report at the registration area where they will be provided their hostel room, BITS ID Number and the instructions for further procedures.
- Candidates will have to fill a form for freezing the course and campus.
- After, this will let candidates’ name for ‘sliding up’ in admit list 4, released later.
- If a candidate has been allotted a different campus in the 4th admit list, then they must report to the campus before due date or the defined date by the authority.
- After reporting at the campus, candidates will have to report at prescribed venue for registration of 1st semester and to get the admit slip.
- Candidates will have to produce all the required documents in original and their photocopies along with it.
- At last, candidates will be provided with the BITS ID cards.
Points To Remember While Filling The Choices
Candidates are required to keep in mind the following points to assure the selection and allocation of desired courses in the desired institutes:
- Choose all the options and try not cross out any option if you wish to join BITS irrespective of the program or branch.
- This way you'll be able to float up until the admission process is complete.
- You can also avail of certain unusual flexibilities like dual degree etc.
- If you are absolutely sure of your choice then you should mark preferences to those limited programs only and cross out the rest.
Documents Required For BITSAT 2018 Admission Process
Candidates are required to produce the following documents for admissions to BITs through BITSAT exam:
- An attested photocopy of the X pass/ Matriculation/Secondary School certificate issued by the Board.
- BITSAT 2018 Scorecard
- An attested photocopy of the mark sheet of the qualifying and any other higher University/Board examinations passed.
- A valid ID or Residence proof
- BITSAT 2018 Admit card
Reporting to the Institutes
- Post allocation of seats, candidate has to report for the admissionsto the campus in which the seat is provided to them.
- However, if that allotted seat is not candidate’s first preference, then they remains in the waiting list for the programs of their higher preference at the other campuses too, till all admissions are finalized.
- To minimize inconvenience, there is a provision to opt out of the race for programs offered at other campuses.
- This can be done even after candidate reports for admission at any one of the campuses.
- In this case, you will be considered only for programs of your higher preference offered at the campus you have joined.