BITSAT 2018 Application Form & Exam Dates
BITSAT 2018: BITS Pilani conducts Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test every year for admission to B.E./B.Pharm. Programs in its Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. The online exam is scheduled for multiple dates from May 16 – 31, 2018.
- Minimum BITSAT Eligibility is to pass class 12 examination with minimum 75% marks in PCMB to be eligible for admission to BITS Pilani Campuses.
- BITSAT will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Click Here for BITSAT Syllabus
- BITSAT Admit Card can be downloaded from April 12 – May 10, 2018.
- BITS Pilani will announce the result tentatively in the month of July.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Highlights
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Date||May 16 – 31, 2018|
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Mode of BITSAT 2018||Online|
|Medium of BITSAT 2018||English|
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Duration||3 hours (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|
|Courses Offered||B.E., B. Pharm|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
BITSAT 2018 Exam Dates
BITSAT 2018 will be conducted from 3rd week of May 2018 onwards in different slots. Interested candidates can apply for BITSAT 2018 from 2nd week of January 2018. The tentative schedule for BITSAT 2018 is given below:
|BITSAT 2018 Online Application begins from||December 19, 2017|
|Last date to submit BITSAT 2018 Application Form||March 13, 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Application Form correction begins from||March 15 – 19, 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Test center Allotment||March 21, 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Online Slot Booking begins from||March 23 – April 5, 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Admit Card Download begins from||April 12 – May 10, 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Examination begins from||May 16 – 31, 2018|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||May 1 – June 18, 2018|
|Announcement of Waiting list||June 20, 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility
BITSAT 2018 is a gateway to various courses offered by BITS in its campuses, candidates are required to go through BITSAT Eligibility Criteria set by them and then proceed with the application procedure. The eligibility for various courses is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Candidate must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Minimum of 60% in each of the above-mentioned subjects must be scored.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Candidates must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects in Class 12th.
- Candidate must also secure a minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects.
Check Here BITSAT Eligibility 2018
BITSAT 2018 Application Form
BITSAT 2018 Application Form will be made available online for the convenience of candidates from December 19, 2017 onwards. BITSAT 2018 Application Forms will be available till March 13, 2018. The registration process will involve the steps given below. Candidates must carefully read all the instructions given before beginning the application procedure.
- BITSAT 2018 Registration
BITSAT 2018 registration can be done through online mode only. Candidates must carefully go through the instructions given on how to fill the application form carefully before beginning the application procedure for BITSAT 2018. The steps to register successfully for BITSAT 2018 are as follows:
- Visit the official website of BITSAT and click on ‘Registration’ link.
- Enter your name, gender, date of birth and email id.
- Click on submit and complete the registration process.
- Filling up General Information in BITSAT 2018 Application Form
After successful registration, use the email id and password provided in the confirmation email to log in after logging in, follow the steps given below:
- Enter your academic and personal details such as details of qualifying examination, father’s name, mother’s name, contact details, etc.
- Once you have entered all the details, mention your test preferences.
- Revise the details and edit, if required before submitting the application form.
- Payment of Application Fee
- Payment of BITSAT 2018 application fee can be paid via online as well as offline mode.
- Once, submit the application form it will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Select the mode of payment and pay the application fee accordingly.
- Save BITSAT 2018 Application Form
- Save the application form after completing the procedure.
- Candidates must take print out of BITSAT 2018 application form and secure it for future reference.
BITSAT 2018 Application Fee
BITSAT 2018 Application fee has been revised in the earlier session. Candidates can remit the application fee through online as well as offline mode. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
The application fee for BITSAT 2018 varies for male and female candidates and NRI candidates. BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For male candidates||INR 2750|
|For female candidates||INR 2200|
|For NRI candidates||$ 60|
BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking
- BITSAT slot booking procedure will begin once BITSAT registration is completed.
- Candidates can reserve test date and slot from March 23 – April 5, 2018.
- Candidates who have successfully registered will be able to book the slot of the exam according to their convenience.
- Slot booking is done on first come first serve basis.
- Candidates must enter 6-digit application number, email ID and date of birth to login.
- Choose the test location, date and time and save the details.
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card
BITSAT 2018 Admit card will be available from April 12 – May 10, 2018. Steps to download BITSAT 2018 Admit Card are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of BITS i.e. www.bitsadmissions.ac.in
- Enter your application number, date of birth, gender and e-mail ID and click on proceed button.
- BITSAT Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Check details given on the admit card
- If the information is correct, click on download to get the admit card
- Print multiple copies of BITSAT 2018 Admit Card.
Note: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information on BITSAT 2018 Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information. Also, do not correct any information or mutilate BITSAT Admit Card.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2018 is a computer-based test conducted in different slots. Candidates will have to attempt 6 sections namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Candidates will have to solve 150 questions.
- Each correct answer will be credited with 3 marks.
- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Those who will attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours, will get 12 more questions to their advantage, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
Read MoreBITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2018 Mock Test
BITSAT mock tests have been provided here for candidates –
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2018 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2018.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
Here are some sample papers and mock tests available for the candidates’ convenience.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus
Candidates must carefully go through their class 12th syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. nearly 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics.
The section wise BITSAT Syllabus and important topics are given below:
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus: Physics
- Physics section comprises 40 MCQs from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- As per the analysis, more questions are asked from class 11 syllabus than that of class 12.
- The maximum number of questions are asked from Current Electricity followed by Electrostatics.
- There are both conceptual and numerical questions in the exam.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus: Chemistry
- Chemistry section has 40 objective type questions from class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from chapters of inorganic chemistry than the organic and physical chemistry.
- There are more conceptual type questions than numerical questions in the exam.
- Maximum numerical questions are from Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus: Mathematics
- Mathematics section comprises 45 objective questions from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from Class 12 CBSE or Board syllabus as per the analysis.
- Maximum number of MCQs are asked from Indefinite Integrals followed by Vectors and 3D.
- The difficulty level of this section varies moderately to difficult.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus: English and Logical Reasoning
- English Proficiency section assesses the candidate’s general proficiency in English.
- There should be a knowledge of basic grammar, vocabulary, ability to read fast and comprehend and the ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Logical Reasoning section tests the ability to think logically to perceive data accurately, understand relationships and figure out patterns and missing numbers or words correctly.
- This section judges both verbal and non- verbal reasoning ability of the candidate.
BITSAT 2018 Results
BITSAT result will be declared in the month of June 2018 after BITS conducts the qualifying exam successfully. The results will be made available on the official website of BITSAT. Steps to download BITSAT 2018 results are:
- Visit the official website of BITSAT
- Click on the link ‘Result’ link.
- Enter application number, course name and password.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- BITSAT scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
Read More BITSAT 2018 Result
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off
BITSAT 2018 cut off is the qualifying marks which must be scored by candidates to proceed with the admission process in BITS. The cut off marks will ensure whether or not, candidates will appear for the counselling process. The cut off is based on factors such as:
- Number of candidates appearing for BITSAT 2018
- Difficulty level of exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average marks obtained by candidates
Previous year cut off of BITSAT
The cut off for various courses presented here belongs to BITS Pilani campus:
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||343||362||359|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||354||378||375|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||340||346|
|M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences||284||299||300|
|M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies||NA||NA||NA|
|M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems||NA||NA||NA|
BITSAT 2018 Admission Procedure
- Candidates will have to go through the registration process separately to take admission in BITS campus.
- The admission form will be available on the official website from 3rd week of May 2018 onwards.
- Along with the admission form, candidates will have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by May 1 – June 18, 2018.
The Dean Admissions,
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2018 Counselling will be done in four iterations.
- If BITSAT 2018 total score is same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2018 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2018.
BITSAT 2018 Courses offered at BITS Campuses
BITSAT 2018 FAQs
Ques. I am unable to access BITSAT 2018 online application form. Can you send BITSAT application form by email or post?
Ans. BITSAT application form cannot be sent by email or post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the required details.
Ques. I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12. Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018?
Ans. Students having Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12 are eligible to appear in BITSAT 2018. But they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program.
Ques. I have completed the online application for BITSAT 2018 but, I have not taken a printout. How can I get a printout of it now?
Ans. Visit the applying online page again and enter the login details and BITSAT application number. The form will be displayed on the screen, get the print out of the same.
Ques. How can I edit the data if I have made a mistake while filling BITSAT application form?
Ans. The link for editing BITSAT application form will be made available on the website from March 15 – 19, 2018 and you can edit the required fields during this period.
Ques. I had appeared in BITSAT 2017 but my marks were below BITSAT cut off. Can I appear in BITSAT 2018?
Ans. Yes, you can appear for BITSAT 2018.
Ques. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans. There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However, those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under International students’ admissions scheme.
Ques. Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT 2018 score?
Ans. Yes, there are universities which admit students using BITSAT 2018 scores. NIIT University will now be accepting BITSAT scores for admission into their programs. BITS Pilani has no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of programs at NIIT University.
BITSAT Contact Details
BITS Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan)
India at 9:15 am till 5:00 pm on working days
Telephone numbers: 01596 242205, 01596 515330
FAX: 05196 244183.
Email at email@example.com
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College