BITSAT 2018 Application Form, Form Correction, Slot Booking, Sylllabus
BITSAT 2018: BITS Pilani conducts Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test every year for admission to B.E./B.Pharm. programs in its Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai campus. The last date for online registration is extended till March 19, 2018. The form correction window is become functional from March 15 – 19, 2018.
The online exam is scheduled for multiple dates from May 16 – 31, 2018 in around 50 exam cities in India and abroad.
BITSAT Application Form
March 23, 2018: BITSAT Slot Booking can be done till April 5, 2018.
March 21, 2018: BITSAT Test Centers will be allotted to candidates.
March 19, 2018: Last date to fill BITSAT Application Form.
March 15, 2018: The form correction window for BITSAT 2018 is become functional. Edit the details before March 19.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Mode of BITSAT 2018||Online|
|Medium of BITSAT 2018||English|
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Duration||3 hours (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|
|Courses Offered||B.E., B. Pharm|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
Changes Introduced in BITSAT 2018
- Male candidates will now have to pay INR 2950 as BITSAT application fee while females have to pay INR 2450.
- Candidates opting Dubai as exam centre, will have to pay INR 4500 as the application fee.
- There are 50 exam centres for BITSAT 2018 as compared to last year.
Latest Application Forms Available for B.Tech/B.E Admission
|Manipal University||Apply Here|
|SRMJEEE B.Tech Application Form||Apply Here|
|COMEDK UGET (Apply before April 19)||Apply Here|
|VITEEE 2018 (Apply before March 18)||Apply Here|
|MHT CET (Apply before March 25)||Apply Here|
BITSAT Exam Calendar
BITS Pilani, the exam conducting authority has released the information brochure along with the schedule of examination. BITSAT 2018 schedule is elucidated in the table given below:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form||December 19, 2017 – |
|BITSAT Application Form Correction||March 15 – 19, 2018|
|Allotment of Test Centers||March 21, 2018|
|BITSAT Slot Booking||March 23 – April 5, 2018|
|Issue of BITSAT Hall Ticket||April 12 – May 10, 2018|
|BITSAT Online Tests||May 16 – 31, 2018|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||May 1 – June 18, 2018|
|Announcement of Waiting list||June 20, 2018|
Who is Eligibile for BITSAT 2018
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2018 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12. The eligibility for various courses is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
Check Here for Detailed BITSAT Eligibility 2018
How to Apply for Writing BITSAT 2018
Availability of Application Form: December 19, 2017 – March 19, 2018 (Extended)
The last date to submit BITSAT application form has been extended to March 19, 2018 from March 13. The online application forms are available at www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/OnlineReg.aspx. The process of filling BITSAT Application Form includes following steps:
- Step 1: Registration/Filing BITSAT Application Form
- Step 2: Uploading Scanned Images
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
Important Instructions for BITSAT Registration
- Before printing out the filled-in application form, the system will generate a unique application number. Note down this number for future references.
- While applying online, do not use the 'Back' button on the toolbar of your browser. Instead, use the links and buttons available on the page.
- Only one online application form from a candidate is allowed. Multiple applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
- Keep ready scanned images of Photograph and Signature in the format of jpg/jpeg only.
- Size of photo image must be between 4 kb to 50 Kb.
- Size of signature image must be between 1 kb to 30 kb.
Fill HereBITSAT Application Form
BITSAT 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for BITSAT 2018 varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For Male candidates||INR 2950|
|For Female candidates||INR 2450|
|For NRI candidates||$70 (INR 4500)|
BITSAT Form Correction
BITSAT Form Correction Window: March 15 – 19, 2018 (till 5:00 pm)
Applicants who have successfully applied for BITSAT and want to change any detail can edit it during BITSAT Form Correction Window. The corrections can be made in every detail except, Mobile Number, Email ID, Date of Birth and Address details.
BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking
BITSAT Slot Booking: March 23 – April 5, 2018
BITSAT Slot Booking 2018 is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam. BITSAT Slots will be offered on First Come First Serve Basis. In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute.
Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued. The process of booking BITSAT Slot includes following steps:
- Login with application number and date of birth.
- Choose an exam center.
- Choose a test date.
- Select a test slot.
- Submit the details.
Check BITSAT Slot Booking
Issue of Admit Card/Hall Ticket
Availability of BITSAT Admit Card: April 12 – May 10, 2018
- BITSAT Hall Ticket will be available for download at BITSAT website.
- The hall ticket will include the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, BITSAT Application number, Test centre, Test centre address, Test date, Test time, Date of exam and test slot and BITSAT 2018 exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information on BITSAT 2018 Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
- Do not correct any information or mutilate BITSAT Admit Card.
Download Here BITSAT Admit Card
Test Centers for BITSAT 2018
Allotment of Test Centers: March 21, 2018
BITSAT is scheduled to be conducted in 50 exam cities across India and an International center in Dubai, UAE. Candidates planning to appear for the test in India, can indicate a maximum of 3 exam center preferences. While those planning to appear for the test in Dubai center can only be able to set preference for one center only.
BITSAT Question Paper Pattern
BITSAT Online Test Date: May 16 – 31, 2018
BITS Pilani determines the test pattern of the online examination. The exam is a computer-based test conducted in different slots. Candidates will have to attempt 5 sections namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Candidates will have to solve 150 questions.
- Each correct answer will be credited with 3 marks.
- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Those who will attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours, will get 12 more questions to their advantage, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
Read More BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Physics section comprises 40 MCQs from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- As per the analysis, more questions are asked from class 11 syllabus than that of class 12.
- The maximum number of questions are asked from Current Electricity followed by Electrostatics.
- There are both conceptual and numerical questions in the exam.
- Chemistry section has 40 objective type questions from class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from chapters of inorganic chemistry than the organic and physical chemistry.
- There are more conceptual type questions than numerical questions in the exam.
- Maximum numerical questions are from Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics section comprises 45 objective questions from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from Class 12 CBSE or Board syllabus as per the analysis.
- Maximum number of MCQs are asked from Indefinite Integrals followed by Vectors and 3D.
- The difficulty level of this section varies moderately to difficult.
English and Logical Reasoning
- English Proficiency section assesses the candidate’s general proficiency in English.
- There should be a knowledge of basic grammar, vocabulary, ability to read fast and comprehend and the ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Logical Reasoning section tests the ability to think logically to perceive data accurately, understand relationships and figure out patterns and missing numbers or words correctly.
- This section judges both verbal and non- verbal reasoning ability of the candidate.
BITSAT 2018 Mock Test
BITSAT mock tests have been provided here for candidates –
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2018 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2018.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2018
Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
The section wise BITSAT Syllabus and important topics are given below:
|Physics||Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillation, Waves, Heats and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Field of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices|
|Chemistry||States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block element, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological , Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical Modelling|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function - Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications|
|English & Logical Reasoning||Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning|
Check Here Detailed BITSAT Syllabus
BITSAT 2018 Results
At the completion of BITSAT test, the computer will announce the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores. Candidates can also check their score report at BITS admission website on the next day of their test date. They can also take a printout of their score report for further usage. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
Check Here BITSAT 2018 Result
BITSAT Merit List for Admission
Admission Application: May 01 – June 18, 2018
Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in admission rounds. Interested candidates are required to submit Admission Application with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. Admission decisions for Iteration 1 Result will be announced on June 20, 2018.
- Further details about different iterations will be announced on the BITSAT 2018 admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of BITSAT 2018 scores.
- 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Tie Break Criteria
- Scores obtained in Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm) in BITSAT 2018 will be considered. If tie doesn’t break then,
- Scores obtained in BITSAT Physics. If still the tie persists, then,
- Scores obtained in BITSAT Chemistry.
- Finally, PCM/PCB total marks obtained in class 12 examination will be considered for tie separation.
CheckBITSAT Merit List
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off
BITSAT 2018 cut off is the qualifying marks which must be scored by candidates to participate in admission rounds. The cut off scores vary from year to year. BITSAT cut off is based on following factors:
- Number of candidates appearing for BITSAT 2018
- Level of difficulty of exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average marks obtained by candidates
Previous years’ BITSAT Cutoff
The cut off for various courses presented here belongs to BITS Pilani campus:
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||343||362||359|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||354||378||375|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||332||340||346|
BITSAT 2018 Admission Procedure
Candidates will have to go through the registration process separately to take admission in BITS campus. The admission form will be available on the official website from 3rd week of May 2018 onwards. Along with the admission form, they will also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses. The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by May 1 – June 18, 2018.
The Dean Admissions,
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2018 Counselling will be done in 4 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2018 total score is same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2018 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2018.
Check BITSAT Admission Process
|BITS Pilani Campus||BITS Goa Campus||BITS Hyderabad Campus||BITS Dubai Campus|
|B.E.(Hons.) Mechanical Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Mechanical Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Mechanical Engineering||B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science|
|B.E.(Hons.) Manufacturing Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Manufacturing Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Manufacturing Engineering||B.E. (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|B.E.(Hons.) Civil Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Civil Engineering||B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering||B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E.(Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Chemical Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Chemical Engineering||B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering|
|B.E.(Hons.) Chemical Engineering||B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science||B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science||B.E. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering|
|B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science||-||-||B.E. (Hons.) Biotechnology|
BITS Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan)
India at 9:15 am till 5:00 pm on working days
Telephone numbers: 01596 242205, 01596 515330
FAX: 05196 244183.
Email at email@example.com
Ques. I am unable to access BITSAT 2018 online application form. Can you send BITSAT application form by email or post?
Ans. BITSAT application form cannot be sent by email or post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the required details.
Ques. I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12. Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018?
Ans. Students having Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12 are eligible to appear in BITSAT 2018. But they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program.
Ques. I have completed the online application for BITSAT 2018 but, I have not taken a printout. How can I get a printout of it now?
Ans. Visit the applying online page again and enter the login details and BITSAT application number. The form will be displayed on the screen, get the print out of the same.
Ques. How can I edit the data if I have made a mistake while filling BITSAT application form?
Ans. The link for editing BITSAT application form will be made available on the website from March 15 – 19, 2018 and you can edit the required fields during this period.
Ques. I had appeared in BITSAT 2017 but my marks were below BITSAT cut off. Can I appear in BITSAT 2018?
Ans. Yes, you can appear for BITSAT 2018.
Ques. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans. There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However, those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under International students’ admissions scheme.
Ques. Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT 2018 score?
Ans. Yes, there are universities which admit students using BITSAT 2018 scores. NIIT University will now be accepting BITSAT scores for admission into their programs. BITS Pilani has no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of programs at NIIT University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College