BEEE (Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination) is organized by Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research of Chennai. It is a national level entrance examination conducted once a year. The exam was held in both, online (CBT) and offline (PPT) modes. The application form of BEEE has been made available online for Phase II. Both offline and online exams will be held in the month of April 2018.
- The entrance exam will be a written as well as an online exam.
- The entrance exam will be held in two phases- Phase I and Phase II.
- The test centers will be different for both the modes of the exam.
- Candidates will be admitted to various engineering courses in the University Campus
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can also apply for provisional admission but they have to produce original and relevant documents/certificates of their qualifying exam.
Below is BEEE 2018 overview for aspiring candidates.
|Name of Exam||BEEE (Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting authority||Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai.|
|Mode of Exam||Phase 1 – Offline Phase 2 - Online|
BEEE 2018 Exam Dates
The chart below will give an idea to candidates about the tentative exam date. For exact dates, which might change depending on circumstances, candidates need to keep checking the official website.
|BEEE 2018||Tentative Date|
|Application form for Phase 1||January first week 2018|
|Last date to apply for Phase 1||January third week 2018|
|Phase 1 exam (pen and paper mode)||January last week 2018|
|Result for Phase 1 exam||February second week 2018|
|Last date to apply for Phase 2||April first week 2018|
|Phase 2 exam (pen and paper mode)||April second week 2018|
|Phase 2 exam (online mode)||April second to third week 2018|
|Result for Phase 2 exam||May first week 2018|
BEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to match the eligibility criteria in order to apply for Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination. BEEE 2018 overview will share the parameters that are acting yardstick for candidate’s eligibility. As per University; age limit, nationality and educational qualification are the three criteria that are verified on each application before accepting the same.
- Age limit: Candidate must be below 25 years of age in order to appear for the exam.
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian national. There should be Government id proofs submitted to ensure candidate’s citizenship. Also, candidates must pass 10+2 exam from an Indian board. Foreign nationals or NRI students are not eligible to appear for BEEE 2018 exam.
- Educational qualification: Candidates must pass at least 10+2 from a recognized board in order to appear for BEEE 2018 exam. Aspirants must secure minimum 50 % marks in aggregate on subjects like; physics, chemistry, mathematics. Also, candidates having diploma degree in any stream is eligible to apply for the exam.
Final year students are also eligible to appear for the exam. However, during counselling session candidates are advised to collect provisional certificate till the original is released from board for 10+2 exam.
BEEE 2018 Application Form
BEEE 2018 Application form can be filled through both online and offline mode. BEEE 2018 application form is easily available on official website as well as from University counter. Based on candidate’s accessibility, one can opt for the method convenient for them.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website i.e. bharathuniv.ac.in
- Aspiring candidates need to register with the University site by creating their unique user id and password.
- On the mentioned date, the application form will be available online on the website.
- Candidates are requested to download the same and fill the details correctly.
- Once the details are filled, it should be previewed before saving to avoid error.
- Finally, when candidate will hit the submit button, the page will redirect to the payment gateway page.
- Online payment of INR 900 should be made through credit/ debit or net banking option.
- Once the payment is made, the receipt confirmation page will pop up.
- Candidates are requested to save the page on desktop and take a print out of the same for future processing.
- In order to apply through offline method, candidates are requested to visit the official website i.e. bharathuniv.ac.in and download the application form.
- Once BEEE 2018 application form is downloaded and saved on the desktop, candidates are advised to take a print out of the form.
- The hard copy of the form is then required to be filled correctly.
- Candidates are advised to use ball point pen instead of ink and gel pen since any smudges or unclear form may result in cancellation of the same.
- The next step involves generating a demand draft of INR 900 in favor of University.
- The duly filled form and demand draft is then required to be couriered to the below contact details-
173 Agharam Road Selaiyur, Chennai
Tamil Nadu 600 073, India
On Campus Application
- BEEE 2018 application form is also available from corporate office inside University campus.
- Candidates can collect the application form and fill it up and submit the same in corporate office.
- An amount of INR 900 needs to be paid on the counter to complete the application process.
Note: Once the candidate qualifies for counselling, candidates need to make a payment of INR 20,000 in order to appear for counselling.
BEEE 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be available on the official website. Candidates will be able to download the same and take a print out for usage. Candidates are requested to keep checking the official website for updates on the date. On the mentioned date, the link for admit card will be available online.
- Candidates need to click on the link and download the admit card.
- Once downloaded, the same needs to be saved in pdf format on desktop.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the admit card to carry in exam hall.
- It is mandatory to enter the exam hall.
- Admit card will be released a week before the exam.
BEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
It is essential that candidates should develop a fair idea about the exam pattern before appearing for it. This will save candidate time and also boost confidence.
|Mode of exam||Both offline and online|
|Number of questions||100|
|Duration of exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Section in paper||4|
- Mode of BEEE 2018: BEEE 2018 will be conducted in two phases- 1 and 2. Phase 1 exam will involve pen and paper mode while phase 2 will cover both offline and online methods.
- Sections covered in the exam: BEEE 2018 will cover Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and English.
- Marking strategy: Each phase will cover questions of 100 marks. Each section 30 mark each except English, which will cover 10 marks. Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark to candidate while there will be no negative marking.
- Time duration: For each phase, candidates will be allowed 2 and half hours to complete the exam.
Candidates are advised to visit the official website of Bharath University in order to download previous year’s question paper. This will help candidates prepare for BEEE 2018 examination in a competitive way. Below is the information that are important for aspiring candidates-
|Date of BEEE 2018 exam||Phase 1 - January Phase 2 - April|
|Medium of BEEE 2018 exam||English|
|BEEE 2018 Application form||Can be filled both online/offline|
|Application fee||INR 500|
|Application fee payment mode||Either online payment or through demand draft|
|Application form||Can be downloaded from website or can be purchased at University counter|
|Exam center||Across different locations in India|
|Choice of center||Up to 3 centers|
|Result||Phase 1- February Phase 2- April|
BEEE 2018 Syllabus
BEEE 2018 syllabus comprises predominantly four subjects; mathematics, physics, chemistry and English. The syllabus for the exam mainly concentrates on standard 11th and 12th syllabus.
- Biology is there for biology students only.
- The biology students will get questions on biology while,
- Rest will get questionnaire related to chemistry.
- Both offline and online test has 100 marks each allotted for the exam.
Candidates are advised to attempt all sections of the paper in order to score well in the overall exam. Since there is no negative marking scheme so, candidates must attempt all questions on the questionnaire. Below chart will give an idea about the weightage that candidates need to give on specific subjects.
|Chemistry or Biology||30|
Recommended Books for BEEE 2018
Preparing from a good book is a key to success for any exam. If you want to crack BEEE 2018, buy books according to syllabus and written by a good writer. NCERT Textbooks of class 11th and 12th are good for building basics for preparation. Here are few important books for each subject to aid preparation of BEEE.
|Name of the book||Publisher or Author||ISBN|
|Skills in Mathematics - coordinate geometry||S K Goyal||9351761401|
|Skills In Mathematics - TRIGONOMETRY||Amit M Agarwal||9351761444|
|Skills In Mathematics - INTEGRAL CALCULUS||Amit M Agarwal||9351761436|
|Basic Electrical Engineering Revised First Edition||D C Kulshreshtha||71328963|
|Electronic Devices and Circuit||Boylestad Nashelsky||9332542600|
|General Chemistry (Dover Books on Chemistry)||Linus Pauling||486656225|
|Understanding Chemistry||C.N.R. Rao||8173712506|
|Learning Science - Part 3: The World of Chemistry Molecules, Materials, Air, Water||Indumati Rao||8123747764|
BEEE 2018 Result
Since the exam is conducted in two parts, so the result too will be declared in two parts. For Phase 1, the result will be announced in the month of February. For Phase 2, it will be declared in last week of April or first week of May 2018. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website since the results will be declared through the website.
- Candidates need to open the official site.
- Login using unique user id and password.
- Click on the flashing link that suggests result.
- Once applicant clicks on the link, it will allow candidate to download the result based on score in the exam.
- This merit list will then serve as the list for candidates to appear for counselling session.
BEEE 2018 Cut Off
BEEE 2017 Cut off is the minimum score that candidates need to obtain for admission into various engineering courses offered by Bharath University. The cut off will be released after the declaration of the Result of BEEE 2017.
Parameters to calculate BEEE 2017 Cut off
There are few important parameters that are taken into account while deciding the cut off. Check the deciding factors taken into consideration by the University listed below:
- The total number of students appearing in the entrance examination.
- The average score obtained by the candidates in the entrance test.
- The cut off determined for the entrance examination held in the previous year.
- The difficulty level of the questions asked in the examination.
- The total number of seats available in different courses offered by the University.
- Reservation criteria of the University for candidates belonging to specific categories.
BEEE 2018 Counselling
This is the last and final step in getting admission in Bharath University. BEEE 2018 admission is incomplete without this step since without appearing for counselling session, candidate will not be allowed to take admission in the program. Counselling is done in two phases. Below are the steps-
- Candidates who qualified in both offline and online exam will become eligible for counselling session.
- Seats for counselling will be allotted as per rank.
- Candidates can choose college as per own preference, however if rank permits only then candidate will be allotted as per preference.
- Candidate need to visit in person for the counselling session.
- It is mandatory to carry all relevant documents while appearing for the counselling.
- If on the date of counselling candidate is unable to attend it, they should inform the university authority a day prior to the date and take appointment for a later date.
- If a candidate fails to inform, then the admission process is liable to get cancelled.
- Candidates who once given slot in the first stage, will not be allowed to take another slot in the second stage.
- If due to some technical error, the score card of a particular candidate is on hold, even then the candidate can appear for the counselling with an under taking that in case candidate is unable to secure the requisite marks, then admission will hold cancel for them.
- Candidates appearing for the counselling session must carry a demand draft of INR 20,000 in favor of Bharath University, Chennai.
- Without the demand draft, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the counselling session.
The documents that candidates need to carry during counselling session are-
- BEEE 2018 Admit card
- Call Letter from University
- BEEE 2018 Score Card
- Demand draft of 20,000 INR in favor of Bharath University, Chennai
- 10+2 Mark sheet (recognized board)
- 10th standard mark sheet
- Migration Certificate/Transfer Certificate (if any)
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/ OBC)
- Aadhar Card/Ration Card/ Voter id Card/ Passport
- Domicile Certificate for Jammu & Kashmir and North-Eastern State candidates
- Six passport size recent photographs with white background identical to the one used in the BEEE 2018 application form
- Character certificate from last institute
- Four copies of the passport size photographs with white background of parent or guardians
On validation of all documents, the admission procedure will complete.