BCECE 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
BCECE is a state-level examination organized by the BCECE board annually for admissions in Medical, Agriculture, Engineering and Technology courses in Bihar. It is a two stage examination. Stage-1 of BCECE will take place in April 2018 and Stage-2 will take place in May 2018. The basic eligibility is candidate should be class 12th pass in science stream.
B.Tech Application Form for Manipal University closes in 10 days Click here.
- BCECE Cut off is released separately for each stream with 50% minimum qualifying criteria
- Candidates have to clear Stage-1 qualifying criteria to apply for the next stage
- BCECE 2018 application form can be filled online from first week of February
- BCECE Admit Card has been released at bceceboard.com and the stage 1 exam is scheduled for June 18, 2017.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based).
- BCECE 2018 Exam Pattern consists objective type questions.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks and one mark is deducted for an incorrect answer.
BCECE 2018 Quick Links
The question paper will be based on the BCECE syllabus of Intermediate level. The participants can check the BCECE Result on the official website of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. BCECE exam is open only for candidates holding domicile of Bihar state
BCECE 2018 is conducted separately for different sets of subjects’ combinations namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology). Also, the pattern of the examination differs in both the stages.
50 x 3
Exam duration is 2 hours 30 mins.
Each of 4
4 marks is awarded for every correct answer
1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer
BCECE is conducted in offline mode
Multiple choice questions are asked.
Total marks is 600.
BCECE 2018 News & Latest Alerts
BCECE Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Exam Type||State level|
|Exam Date||June 18, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 with PCB or PCM|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 15 minutes|
BCECE 2018 Exam Dates
|Availability of BCECE 2018 application form||February, 2018||Check BCECE Notification in Hindi|
|Last date for filling the application form||March, 2018||BCECE Registration ends on March 23, 2018|
|Updates about BCECE Form Correction||March, 2018||Check complete details about BCECE Form Correction|
|Admit card download begins||March, 2018||Admit Card will be available from 1st week of April|
|BCECE 2018 stage-1 exam||April, 2018||Stage 1 will be conducted on April 16, 2018|
|BCECE 2018 stage-2 exam||May, 2018||Stage 2 will be conducted on May 14, 2018|
The candidates can find the upper table helpful in order to keep a track of the events taking place regarding the BCECE 2018.
BCECE 2018 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for BCECE 2018 are different according to different courses. A common eligibility criterion exists for BCECE 2018, irrespective of the courses and colleges & institutes of Bihar. Also, there are certain age limits that are needed to be taken under consideration before admission in any of the colleges for different courses. There are some of the criteria that are needed to be followed as follows:
- Nationality of the candidate must Indian.
- There is no age limit for Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- Age criterion for medical course is that the candidate should be 17 years old as on 31 December of the examination year.
Minimum age limit is 17 years, as on July 1, for admission in Agriculture courses.
BCECE 2018 Application form
The access to BCECE 2018 application form will be given from February, 2018 to March, 2018. The filling of the application form will be in two stages.
- Candidates can initiate the online registration process by filling in the registration details after which they will be provided with the registration number and password.
- The candidates need to re-login the details provided in order to pay the registration fee.
- Mode of payment is both offline (Bank Challan) and online (Net banking, credit card and debit card). After this the candidate can upload the scanned copy of passport size photo and signature.
- After this, candidates can fill in the academic details.
- Now the candidates can take the print out of the application form, both part A and part B.
The rest of the procedure is explained on the website of BCECE 2018.
There are different fees for different subject combinations that the candidates need to pay in order to appear for the examination. Also, category-wise relaxation is provided. Therefore candidates of respective categories can avail this feature. Following is the table for application fee along with subject combination:
BCECE 2018 Admit card
Candidates can download their admit cards from the website of BCECE 2018 from April 2018. Admit card will be available for the Stage-1 part of the exam. Candidates need to qualify Stage-1 in order to appear for Stage-2. The admit card for Stage-2 exam will be provided after the declaration of the results of stage-1.
How to download admit card
The candidates must follow these Steps to Download BCECE 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of the BCECE.
- Enter the Registration Number, Date of Birth and the Security Pin in the fields given.
- Verify the details and click on Submit button.
Download and Print multiple copies of the BCECE Admit Card.
BCECE 2018 Exam pattern
BCECE 2018 is two-stage examination. Stage-1 is the qualifying exam for the candidates to appear in Stage-2 exam.
Stage-1 exam is a multiple choice based exam with 4 sections. Each section comprises of 50 questions. The candidates are supposed to complete the exam with the time limit of 2 hours and 15 minutes. The complete exam is of 600 marks.
Stage-2 exam is only for the candidates who have qualified in Stage-1 exam. It also has 4 sections, namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
|Section||No. of questions||Duration|
BCECE 2018 Result
Whenever the result is declared, it is posted on the website of BCECE 2018. The candidates can follow the instructions on the website of BCECE 2018 in order to check the results for both Stae-1 and Stage-2 results.
- Go to official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list of all the qualified applicants with their roll numbers.
- Candidates can match their roll number and find their result.
Follow the same step to access the result of BCECE Stage 2.
BCECE 2018 Merit list
Merit list for BCECE 2018 is prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in both the parts of the examination i.e. Stage-1 and Stage-2. Also, the preparation of merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for different courses of Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy and Medical. Therefore, the merit list is prepared on Merit-cum-seat availability basis.
BCECE 2018 Cutoff
There are several factors that will affect the Cutoff for BCECE 2018. Some of the common factors are listed below:
- The total number of candidates appearing in particular subject group of BCECE 2018.
- Total seats available for admission under a particular subject stream.
- Scores obtained by candidates in BCECE stage 2 Examination.
- Reserved categories in BCECE 2018.
- Candidates withdrawing during counselling.
- Last year exam Cutoff
- Difficulty level of exam
BCECE Minimum Qualifying Criteria
The qualifying marks in stage 1 for as an eligibility for stage 2 exam will depend upon the nature of questions, the average marks obtained and the total number of candidates appeared for Stage 1 Exam. However, BCECE Qualifying Marks 1 to be obtained by candidate for before applying for the next stage process is mentioned below.
|BCECE 2018 STAGE 1 QUALIFYING MARKS|
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Number|
|General Category||50 %||300/600|
|General Category (PH)||45 %||270/600|
|Reserved Category(OBC, SC, ST)||40 %||240/600|
|Reserved Category (PH)||40 %||240/600|
Candidates writing the BCECE Stage 2 Exam will also be required to obtain minimum qualifying marks to be able to obtain call letter for counselling. BCECE Stage 2 Qualifying Marks to be obtained for counselling and eventually admission to various undergraduate courses in Govt., Semi Govt., privately funded institutions affiliated to BCECEB are:
|BCECE 2018 STAGE 2 QUALIFYING MARKS|
|Categories||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Number|
|General Category||50 %||600/1200|
|General Category-PH||45 %||540/1200|
|Reserved Category-(SC,ST,OBC)||40 %||480/1200|
|Reserved Category-PH||40 %||480/1200|
BCECE 2018 Counselling
BCECE 2018 counselling will be conducted separately for Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy and Medical courses. It is carried out by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board.
Counseling process will begin after the declaration of stage-2 results. Qualified candidates can download counseling letter from BCECE official website. They need to report to the counseling centre with counseling letter and other required documents, failing which will result in the candidate being not considered for the counseling process.
Seats allotted purely on the basis of Merit-cum-vacancy basis. Counseling will take place in many phases. Therefore candidates are suggested to keep applying for various options and keep themselves updated with information regarding the counseling.
BCECE 2018 Counselling Procedure
Qualified candidates of BCECE, second stage will be eligible to undergo the process of BCECE counselling for allotment of seats to various govt., semi-govt., and privately funded institutions for courses like Engineering/ Technology, Pharmacy and Medical. Candidates need to register for counselling on the official website at the link available. Following points must be kept in mind regarding BCECE Counselling-
- Candidates are required to register for counselling after the result of second stage BCECE.
- The process of counselling will be online and candidates will have to fill their choices and lock their seats before the last date.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their rank in BCECE Second stage exam.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees through bank challan.
Registration for counselling is mandatory and only registered & qualified candidates will be called for BCECE Counselling. Following steps are to be taken as reference for registration for BCECE .
- Go to official website of BCECE Board
- Click on the link- “Apply for counselling”
- Candidates will be asked to fill a form with the following information-
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- BCECE Registration Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Permanent & Correspondence Address
- Security Question
- New password for safety (it must be 8-13 characters, containing 1 special character, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number)
Candidates can fill their choices and lock their seats online through the official website of BCECE . After successful login using BCECE Roll number and password created in previous step, candidates will find the following options-
|Registration details||Contains information regarding the logged in candidate.|
|Available Choices||Seats available to the candidate.|
|Fill Choices||Candidate can fill choices (seats) in this field.|
|Display Filled Choices||Displays all the filled Choices by the candidate.|
|Change Password||Helps to reset/change password.|
|Provisional Allotment Letter||Avails provisional allotment letter to the candidate.|
Provisional Seat Allotment
The candidates can download the provisional seat allotment letter after completing the choice filling process. The candidates can check the status of their seat allotment. Candidates can take the printout of their provisional seat allotment letter. The candidate must possess the same at specified BCECE Counselling Centre for Handwriting verification whenever necessary. Candidates must carry the provisional seat allotment letter with them during all process of counselling to ensure their admission and allotment of desired seat.
Candidates’ handwriting is matched and verified with the text written in their OMR sheets. This is a uniform process which involves collection of a handwriting specimen of the candidate. It is further compared with texts in their OMR sheets.
Handwriting Verification is done to ensure the authenticity of candidate and their allotment.
Candidates successfully clearing the handwriting verification, can login again at the official website to ensure their allotment. Candidates will find a new link “FINAL SEAT ALLOTMENT”.
Candidates can download their Final seat allotment that will be required at the time of counselling. The candidates must report to the specified venue as mentioned in the Provisional Allotment Letter for document verification and fee payment.
Candidates who have successfully downloaded their final allotment letter, have to verify their documents and pay the admission fees to the allotted colleges. Candidates unable to produce any of the required documents will have their candidature cancelled. The admission process will continue further at the BCECE Counselling Centre.
Documents Required At The Time of Verification BCECE
- Final BCECE Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet, Hall Ticket and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet, Hall ticket and Passing Certificate
- BCECE Admit Card for Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Copy of 6 Photographs used in Online Application Form BCECE
- Counselling letter for BCECE
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (as specified)