BCECE 2017- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level test conducted annually in two stages- Stage 1 and Stage 2. The stage 1 of BCECE 2017 is expected to be re-scheduled as the admit card is not yet released. BCECE Admit Card has been released at bceceboard.com and the stage 1 exam is scheduled for June 18, 2017.
BCECE Application Form filling window has now concluded. Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam can download admit card from BCECE official website i.e. bceceboard.com. यहां पढ़ें हिंदी में बीसीईसीई 2017
Know more about BCECE Admit Card
- The exam is conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based).
- BCECE Exam Pattern consists objective type questions.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks and one mark is deducted for an incorrect answer.
- The question paper will be based on the syllabus of Intermediate level.
Check BCECE 2017 Exam Pattern
Questions in BCECE are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. As per the previous year trends, it has been observed that Class 12th syllabus is given more preference as compared to the syllabus of Class 11th. Hence, one should make sure to thoroughly cover all the topics of Class 12. CheckBCECE Syllabus 2017
BCECE Board every year holds the state level exam for Bihar. It is a prerequisite for admission to Engineering, Medical and Agriculture courses offered by various universities/ institutes. For the academic session 2017-18, around 41 test centres are there in total where the exam will be organised. After the successful conduct of exam, BCECE Results will be declared tentatively after one month of the examination. BCECEB releases course-wise merit list based on which the qualifying candidates are called for BCECE 2017 Counselling.
BCECE 2017 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)|
|Conducting Body||BCECE Board|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Number of Stages||2 Stages (Stage 1 and Stage 2)|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Medical and Agriculture Courses|
|Sections||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics)|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 Marks | -1 Mark|
BCECE 2017 Exam Dates
The table below gives complete details of BCECE 2017 Exam Dates. The application form window concluded on March 09, 2017. As per latest update, the admit card for Stage 1 will be available in second week of June 2017. The other important dates for the exam are tabulated below:
|BCECE 2017 Application Form is available from||February 14, 2017|
|Last date to fill BCECE 2017 Application Form is||March 06, 2017 (till 11:59 PM)|
|Last date to submit hard copy of BCECE Application Confirmation Page And Enclosures via Registered/ Speed Post is||March 20, 2017 (till 5:00 PM)|
|BCECE Admit Card can be downloaded from||June 4, 2017 (Download Here)|
|BCECE 2017 Stage 1 exam is scheduled on||June 18, 2017 (New Date)|
|BCECE 2017 Stage 2 exam will be conducted on||To be notified until further notice|
Check BCECE Exam Dates
BCECE 2017 Eligibility
BCECE Board, conducting body of the entrance exam has set the eligibility criteria for BCECE 2017. As per standards, all the courses have different criteria. However, there is a set of common eligibility that should be fulfilled irrespective of the course opted. Additionally, there is age limit criteria that the aspirants have to abide by.
Below are some important eligibility criteria for the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination:
- Candidate must be Indian Citizen
- They should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with chemistry, physics and mathematics/biology as compulsory subjects.
- There will be no age limit for admission in engineering and pharmacy courses
- To be eligible for Medical admission the candidate must be at least 17 years as on December 31, 2017 of the year of exam.
Check Here course-wiseBCECE 2017 Eligibility
BCECE 2017 Application Form
Candidate applying for the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination can access the BCECE Application Form fromFebruary 14, 2017 to March 06, 2017. The procedure to fill BCECE Application Form is online and divided into 5 steps. For this, the candidate has to follow the steps given below:
Step 1 – Registration – Candidates have to fill out the login details for obtaining the registering ID. After that, candidates will get the Registration Number and Password which they must retain safely.
Step 2 – Examination Fee – Re-login with the login credentials and pay the required BCECE Application Fee. There are two available modes for payment. a) Bank Challan and b) Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
Step 3 – Personal Information – Candidates can fill their personal details after the payment of fee. Upload their scanned passport sized image, signature and also a copy of the bank challan (for those who pay their examination fee through bank challan). After that click on ‘Submit’ button.
Step 4 – Educational Information – Next, candidates have to fill all the academic details. Once submitted, download the application form – both Part A and Part B and take 2 print out copies of both forms.
Step 5 – Sending BCECE Application Form –
- Candidates have to paste the same image that was uploaded at the time of BCECE 2017 Application Form filling.
- Signature is done in the form both in Hindi and English language.
- In the designated space the applicants have to fill out the declaration in their own handwriting.
- Paste the copy of bank challan copy with form.
- Also, send the photostat copies of marks sheets of relevant qualifying examination.
- While sending the envelope the candidate has to write on the front of envelope “Application for BCECE 2017” and also mention the subject group in bold letters. Also, attach various relevant documents to support the same.
- Candidates have to send the envelope of the yellow colour of size 17 cm * 30 cm through registered post on the given address:
Check Here Step-wise Details of FillingBCECE 2017 Application Form
BCECE 2017 Application Fee
A stipulated application is to be paid by the candidates. The fee is as per the subject group selected and the category of the candidates. The following table indicates detailed BCECE 2017 Application Fee for the subjects candidate is applying for:
|Category||PCB/ PCM/ CBA||PCBM|
|General/ BC/OBC||INR 1000||INR 1100|
|SC/ST category||INR 500||INR 550|
Read More BCECE 2017 Form Correction
BCECE 2017 Admit Card
BCECE Admit Card 2017 will be issued by BCECE Board on its official website i.e. bceceboard.com. For Stage 1 admit card will be issued post completion of Application Process. The document for Stage 2 will be available after declaration of BCECE Result for Stage 1.
- BCECE Admit Card 2017 can be accessed only in online mode.
- Admit Card can be downloaded by entering the Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
- Due to some reasons, stage 1 exam is postponed and it is scheduled for June 18, 2017.
- The new dates for downloading BCECE Admit Card will be notified later by BCECE Board, the exam authority.
- Take at least 2 print copies of BCECE Hall Ticket.
- It should be retained safely as it is also required during BCECE 2017 Counselling.
BCECE Admit Card can be downloaded by following below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the BCECEB i.e. bceceboard.com.
Step 2: Click on “Download Online Admit Card for BCECE 2017”
Step 3: Enter the Registration Number, Date of Birth and the Security Pin in the fields given.
Step 4: Verify the details and click on Submit button.
Step 5: Download and Print multiple copies of the BCECE 2017 Admit Card.
Know More AboutBCECE Admit Card
BCECE 2017 Exam Pattern
BCECE 2017 Exam Pattern is divided into two stages i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 is the qualifying paper. Those who qualify Stage 1 are eligible to appear in Stage 2. Candidates choosing their subject groups will have to attempt the sections of that subject group.
BCECE Exam Pattern Stage 1
For the first phase, BCECE Exam Pattern will be as follows:
- The questions are objective type in nature
- There are 4 sections in the question paper
- Each section has 50 questions
- The duration is 2 hrs and 15 minutes
- Total Marks is 600 marks
Read More About BCECE Exam Pattern
BCECE Exam Pattern Stage 2
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Alloted|
Note: If a candidate has chosen PCMB Subject group then he can choose anyone of the subjects from Mathematics or Biology to answer. Physics and Chemistry sections are compulsory.
Read More BCECE Syllabus
BCECE Result will be declared on the official website of BCECE Board once the exams are concluded. The result is released separately for each stage of the BCECE exam. Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of BCECE 2017 Merit List, BCECE 2017 result will be final and no question or claim to merit list will be entertained.
Result would be available at bceceboard.com. Following steps can be taken as a reference while checking the BCECE Result:
- Login to the official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result link.
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list of all the qualified applicants with their roll numbers.
- Candidates can match their roll number and find their result.
- Follow the same step to access the result of Stage 2.
Know More AboutBCECE Result
BCECE 2017 Merit List
BCECE Merit list of all the qualified candidates is declared on the official website. It is based on marks of the candidate and the total number of students writing BCECE 2017 exam. The allotment of seats to various courses of Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy and Medical will be according to Merit-cum-seat availability basis. BCECE 2017 Merit list is generated simultaneously with the counselling process for transparent and unbiased seat allotment process. The merit list for two stages is explained below:
Stage 1 BCECE 2017 Merit List
There are separate merit lists for candidates of PCM and PCB group. A minimum cut off limit will be decided for these merit lists. Candidates equal to 4 times the number of seat intake capacity for each respective subject group will be considered eligible to appear for Stage 2. Those candidates who are not able to score the cut off marks will not qualify to appear for Stage 2 exam. The marks scored in the Stage 1 paper will not be considered while preparing the merit list on the basis of Stage 2 paper.
Stage 2 BCECE 2017 Merit List
The total marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section for PCM group and the total marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology will be the basis for preparing merit lists of PCM and PCB group.
In case of equal marks obtained by the candidates in BCECE 2017, the following procedure will be adopted by the board for deciding the tie breaker. The procedure for various streams is different.
For Medical Courses: First, candidate with higher marks in Biology section shall be given preference. Next, if the tie still exists then, candidate with higher marks in Chemistry section of BCECE Exam is given preference. If the tie still persists, then an older candidate is given preference over a younger candidate.
For Engineering Courses: For this stream, candidates with higher scores in Mathematics section is preferred. Next preference is, candidate with higher marks in BCECE Chemistry 2017 (PCB group)/ BCECE Physics 2017 Exam shall be given preference. If the tie persists then candidate who is older is given preference over a younger candidate.
For Agricultural Science: Candidate with higher marks in BCECE Mathematics 2017 Exam (PCM group)/ BCECE Biology 2017 Exam (PCB group) shall be given preference. Secondly, one with higher score in BCECE Chemistry 2017 Exam (PCB group) / BCECE Physics 2017 (PCM group) shall be given preference. If the tie still exists then, candidate who is older is preferred for admissions.
BCECE Cut Off
BCECE Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate has to obtain for participating in the BCECE 2017 Counselling Process.
- The cut off is determined on the basis of factors like the number of applicants, seats available and difficulty levels of the exam paper.
- Candidates applying for admissions can use the BCECE 2017 Cutoff to know the minimum scores required for admissions to all courses viz. Engineering, Pharmacy and Medical in Bihar.
- BCECE 2017 Cut off for stage 1 will be the qualifying marks that the candidates have to secure in order to be eligible for Stage 2 exam.
- Candidates scoring above the Cutoff Marks of BCECE 2017 Stage 2 are considered qualified and called for counselling.
The table given below gives the expected BCECE 2017 qualifying percentage for Stage 1:
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||BCECE 2017 Cut off marks|
|General Category (PH)||45%||270|
|Reserved Category (OBC, SC, ST)||40%||240|
|Reserved Category (PH)||40%||240|
Check course-wise details of BCECE Cut Off
BCECE 2017 Counselling
Counselling is the process of allotting seats in the desired branch of college chosen by candidates according to merit list. BCECE 2017 Counselling for admissions into various courses of engineering/technology, pharmacy and medical is commenced after the declaration of BCECE Result. The process of Counselling is carried out by the Bihar Combined Entrance competitive Examination Board (BCECEB).
The counsellingis scheduled in June 2017. This date is tentative and is liable to change. The important guidelines for counsellingare mentioned below.
- Candidates will be called for counselling according to roll number or their ranks in BCECE 2017 stage 2 result.
- Qualified candidates of stage 2 need to download their counselling letter from the official website of BCECE Board www.bceceboard.com
- Candidates unable to download or obtain their counselling letter are required to report at the counselling center nevertheless in person. Failing to do so, the candidate will be disqualified from the counselling process and no request afterwards will be entertained for the same.
- Seat allotment during counselling is purely subject to the merit list and vacancy available.
- Seat allotted to candidates by Merit cum Vacancy basis will be deemed final.
- Candidates unable to attend the counselling in person or fail to produce any of the mandatory documents will be disqualified from the process.
- Decision of Exam Controller, BCECEB on any dispute will be considered final.
- Counselling will be held in numerous phases. Candidates are advised to keep applying for better options.
Read More AboutBCECE Counselling