APIIT NAT 2018
APIIT NAT (National Aptitude Test) 2018 is a national level examination conducted for engineering and management aspirants. The exam is conducted by Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology, Panipat. It is conducted once a year for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Candidates can apply online for the exam by visiting the official APIIT website
- Applicants can pay the application fee in either online and offline mode
- APIIT NAT 2018 will encompass 300 marks.
- Candidates will have to answer 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- B.tech. questions will be asked from class 12th syllabus and will comprise Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics questions.
- BBA and MBA questions will be asked from General Aptitude.
- APIIT NAT 2018 is conducted in over 15 centres across the country
APIIT NAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of APIIT NAT 2018 Exam||May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology, Panipat|
|Mode of APIIT NAT 2018 Exam||Online|
|Duration of APIIT NAT 2018 Exam||2 and a half hours|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||12th for UG Courses and Degree for PG Courses|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Number of Seats||Varies every year|
APIIT NAT 2018 Important Dates
The key exam dates are as follows
|APIIT NAT 2018 Application Form Submission||May 2018|
|APIIT NAT 2018 Admit Card Download||May 2018|
|APIIT NAT 2018 Exam||June 2018|
|APIIT NAT 2018 Result Announcement||July 2018|
APIIT NAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Minimum eligibility criteria for candidates applying for UG Programmes is 12th standard. Candidates applying for PG Programs should have completed their degree from any approved college. Detailed criteria is given below.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Program
- Candidates should have completed the 12th standard with a minimum percentage of 45%
- They should have studied Maths and Physics as Mandatory and Chemistry / Computer Science as optional
- Candidates applying for BBA course should have studied English as a mandatory subject
- 5 % relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates.
- Aspirants should have completed 17 years at the time of admission (ideally before the month of June 2018)
Eligibility Criteria for PG Program
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s degree from any reputed college
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50 % aggregate marks in their bachelors.
- The institute allows candidates from reserved category to apply if they have secured a percentage of 47.5%
- Those pursuing their final year can apply for the exam
APIIT NAT 2018 Application Form
APIIT NAT 2018 Application Form can be submitted through both i.e. online and offline mode. Step wise procedure of both the modes is given below.
- Candidates can download the application form from the website
- They can also pay the application form fee and can collect the form from the office of APIIT
- Fill in all the necessary information asked in the form with a smudge proof pen
- Fill all the personal information and academic qualifications in the application form.
- Attach a recent photograph in the instructed format.
- Courier the application form to
APIIT SD India,
Faridpur Road, GT Road,
Karnal Side, Near Toll Plaza,
Panipat – 132103
- The institute will send the acknowledgement card within a week
- Candidates will have to visit the official APIIT Website i.e. www.apiit.edu.in
- Navigate to the “Apply now” link in the home tab
- Candidates will have to register using their name, email and password
- A confirmation link will be sent to the registered email
- The application form is divided into user profile completion, application form verification, editing the details, fees Payment and submission
- Candidates will have to successfully complete each step to move to the next step
- Applicants will have to submit their name, parent’s details, ranks secured in the All India Entrance and State Rank, preferred course, category, communication address, educational qualification and work experience.
- Candidates can make any changes in the application form by clicking the continue button
- Submit the application form once satisfied and proceed towards the payment option.
APIIT NAT 2018 Application Fee
The application fee is INR 700 and payment can be done through online and offline mode.
- The online payment can be done through debit card, credit card and net banking at the time of online application form submission.
- The offline payment can be done through demand draft in the name of the university or candidates can also pay the fee in person in the university admission centre
APIIT NAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card is an important and mandatory document required to be eligible to sit in any examination. Without which the institute can disqualify and bar the candidates from entering the exam hall. The candidates will have to carry a black and white printout of the admit card and it will be not sent through email or post. The admit card will contain details like name, photograph and exam centre details.
- Visit the official NAT APIIT website
- The admit card download link will be available on the home page
- Candidates will have to enter their application number
- The admit card will appear in a new link
- Examinees can take a printout of the admit card for future reference
APIIT NAT 2018 Exam Centre
APIIT NAT 2018 will be conducted in 15 centres across the country. The exam centre is allotted by a computer centric process which will allot the centre to the candidate on a first come first served basis. Candidates can select the exam centre of their choice based on accessibility.
The system will allot the centre if there is enough availability of seats. In case of non-availability, then the candidate is allotted the nearest available centre. The institute reserves the right to cancel an exam centre for unavoidable reasons
APIIT NAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The pattern of both UG and PG Programs is almost the same. The syllabus might vary for both the exam. However, the pattern will remain the same.
Some of the key highlights are
- The exam is conducted for 300 marks
- Candidates will have to answer 100 questions
- 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong attempt.
- The questions will be asked from both technical and general.
- B.Tech questions will be asked from the subjects studied in the 12th standard
- For admission in B.Tech program, candidates should to be familiar with the concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to qualify in the test
- Candidates applying for MBA and BBA will have to answer General Aptitude questions i.e. English, Socio – Economic Environment, Quantitative Skills, Critical Reasoning and Data Analysis
APIIT NAT 2018 Exam pattern highlights table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
APIIT NAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for undergraduate engineering and management courses are the subjects of the 12th standard and General knowledge. Some of the key points to remember are
NAT B.Tech Syllabus
Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Syllabus is given below
|Physics||Unit and Measurement|
Work, Energy and Power
Rotational motion and Inertia
Oscillation and waves
Heat and Thermodynamics
Magnetic effect of current EMI and AC
Matrices and Determinants
Permutation and Combination
Sequences and Series
Geometry (2D and 3D)
Syllabus for BBA and MBA
Candidates opting for Business Administration will be questioned on the below topics
Socio Economic Topics
APIIT NAT 2018 Reference Books
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|NCERT Mathematics Part I for Class 12||NCERT|
|Master The NCERT: Physics - Vol. 2||NCERT|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||RS Agarwal|
|NCERT Solutions: Physics 12th||NCERT|
APIIT NAT 2018 Result
APIIT NAT 2018 Result will be announced online on the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology Website and examinees will have to check the website regularly for the announcement of results. Following steps need to be followed for checking the result.
- Visit the official website and click on the link “NAT Result”
- Enter the application number
- The result will be displayed
- Candidates should take the printout of the result for future reference.
APIIT NAT 2018 Cut off
NAT cut off will be determined on basis of various factors. The university will release the cut off details after the conduction of exam and the cut off varies every year. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the cut off released, depending on which a merit list will be generated. The merit list will be used for the counselling and admission process. Various factors are considered for the determination of cut off marks.
- Number of applicants of the particular year
- Number of successful applicants of the particular year
- Nature and standard of the exam paper
- Number of seats available for the particular year
- Cut off can also be calculated subject wise and it will be used in cases of multiple candidates securing the same mark
APIIT NAT 2018 Counselling
APIIT NAT 2018 counselling will be conducted in the offline mode. Post announcement of results, the merit list will be prepared by the institute, based on marks secured and candidate’s category. In case of overlap, the marks from the individual subjects will be taken into consideration. Once the merit list is generated, Asia Pacific Institute of information technology will intimate the candidate through email. The email will contain details like venue and time of interview. The counselling letter will contain details like reporting time and other instructions to be followed by the candidate.
Steps involved in APIIT NAT 2018 Counselling
- Once they receive the intimation, candidates should make all necessary arrangements.
- Candidates can select the preferred course and college well in advance
- Candidates should reach the venue early for document verification process.
- The counsellor will allot the course and college if available.
- Candidates can make a different choice if the first one is not available
- Selected candidates can pay the admission fee and freeze the seat
- The institute will release the available list of seats for the second round of counselling.
Candidates will have to carry both original and Xerox copies of the certificate for verification and submission. They should carry the below list of documents with them at the time of counselling:
- Counselling intimation letter
- Admit Card
- 10th Standard Certificate
- 12th Standard Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- Community Certificated issued by a recognised body
- Doctor authentication certificate for PWD candidates
- Recent Photograph
APIIT NAT 2018 Counselling table
|Exam Result Announcement||May 2018|
|Counselling Call||June 2018|
|Counselling for remaining candidates||July 2018|