APICET 2018 is a state level entrance test which will be conducted for admissions into MBA and MCA courses by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education).
- APICET 2018 will be conducted for offering admission into the universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated institutes for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Graduate candidates who fulfill the APICET eligibility criteria set by AU need to fill and submit application form which can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- APICET 2018 Application Form will be available from March 1, 2018.
- Candidate can download APICET Admit Card from April 28, 2018 form the official website.
- APICET 2018 exam is tentatively scheduled on May 2, 2018.
- The question paper consists of 200 objective-type questions of 1 mark each. The duration of the test is 2.5 hours.
- APICET 2018 exam pattern consists of 3 sections- Analytical Ability (75 questions), Mathematical Ability (75 questions) and Communication Ability (50 questions).
After the successful conduction AIPCET (Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test) entrance examination, APICET 2018 Result will be declared and counselling will be conducted as per the score obtained by candidates. Candidates are required to carry certain documents for counselling which has been mentioned in the article below.
Highlights Table for APICET 2018
APICET is a single stage which enables all aspiring and qualified candidates seeking admissions to MBA/ MCA programmes across various colleges of Andhra Pradesh. Highlights of APICET 2018 exam are tabulated below:
|Exam name||Andhra Pradesh Intergrated Common Entrance Test|
|Date of APICET 2018||May 2, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Application Mode of APICET 2018||Online|
|Mode of APICET 2018 Exam||Offline|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Duration of APICET 2018||2 Hours and 30 Minutes (10 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective multiple choice questions|
|Sections||Mathematics Ability, Analytical Ability, Communication Ability|
|Courses offered||MBA and MCA|
APICET 2018 Exam Dates
Application process for APICET 2018 will tentatively start in March 2018. The exam will be conducted on May 2, 2018. In the following table, candidates can check the complete schedule for APICET 2018.
|Activity||Date and Time|
|Date of issue of notification||March 1, 2018|
|Date of Commencement of submission of online application Forms||March 1, 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Applications without Late fee||April 05, 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of INR 500/-||April 12, 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of INR 1500/-||April 19, 2018|
|Download of Hall Tickets||April 28, 2018 onwards|
|Date of APICET 2018||May 2, 2018|
|Release of Answer key||May 4, 2018|
|Last date for receiving objections on Answer key||May 7, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May 10, 2018|
APICET 2018 Eligibility
The applicants of APICET 2018 must fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by Andhra University. If any candidate doesn’t satisfy the APICET Eligibility Criteria, his/her application form will be liable for rejection at point of the admission procedure.Those candidates who satisfy the following requirements will be eligible to appear for APICET 2018:
- The Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- The Candidates should satisfy Local/Non-Local status requirements as set by the conducting body.
Educational Qualifications for MBA
Candidates who want to apply for MBA courses should fulfill the following educational requirements:
|Category||Qualifying Marks in Graduation|
Educational Qualification for MCA
The following is Educational Qualification to apply for MCA courses:
|Category||Qualifying Marks in Graduation||Other Requirements|
|General||50%||+ 2 Examination with Mathematics|
|Reserved||45%||+ 2 Examination with mathematics|
Note: Candidates who are in final year of graduation can also apply provided their results will be announced before the counselling process and in case the qualifying Degree is obtained in a Distance Mode Program, then it should be recognized by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
APICET 2018 Application Form
Aspirants who want to take APICET 2018 entrance test, is required to complete the prescribed APICET 2018 Application Form and submit the same along with entrance test fee. Applications for APICET 2018 should be submitted through online mode only.
Candidates can follow the following steps to fill APICET 2018 application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website
For online submission, candidates are required to visit the official website.
Step 2: Fee Payment
Candidates are required to choose one of the following modes for fee payment:
- AP Online.
- E-Seva/ MeeSeva.
- Debit / Credit card.
In case the payment mode is AP online or E-seva/Meeseva, candidates have to log in using the transaction ID obtained with the payment receipt at AP online center.
If the candidate wants to pay via Debit/Credit card, the payment can be done by filling the required details.
Step 3:Fill in Application Form
Candidates should fill in the application form carefully. After filling the online application form with the required details, candidates should verify all the details before pressing Submit button. The following details are required in the application form:
- Candidate Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Choice of Regional Center for Entrance Test
- Local Area Status
- SSC or equivalent Marks
- Minority community Status
- Special Category
- Annual Parental Income
- Correspondence Address
- Intermediate degree
- Recent photograph of the candidate (in jpg file format and the size of the file should be less than 30 KB)
- Signature of the candidate (in jpg format and the size of this file should be less than 15 KB)
Step 4: Print Application Form
After pressing submit button, application form will be generated which contains registration number along with filled in details. Candidates can print the submitted form for future reference.
Application Fee for general as well as reserved categories is given below:
Candidates should note that Fee once paid will not be refunded.
APICET 2018 Admit Card
APICET 2018 Admit Card can be downloaded from April 25, 2018 onwards. Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who submit the application form online and fulfill the eligibility criteria. APICET 2018 Admit Card will be available in the online mode.
Admit card can be downloaded by candidates by visiting the official website:
Step 1: Candidates should visit the official website i.e. www.apicet.net.in
Step 2: After visiting the official website, click on the tab for “Hall Ticket Download”.
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter the required details.
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘Download Hall Ticket’ tab.
Step 5: The online Admit card for will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Candidates must download and print one- two copies of the same. Admit card should be preserved for further process.
Details contained in the Admit Card
APICET 2018 Admit Card is an important document that contains some important information such as:
- Roll number of candidate
- Registration number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of the entrance exam
- Reporting time at the Exam Center
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
- Request to change the exam venue or exam timings will not be entertained by the exam conducting authorities.
- In case, candidates found any mistake in their admit card they should immediately contact the authorities. Phone number and e-mail to contact APICET 2018 exam conducting authorities is given below:
APICET 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
APICET 2018 will comprise of 200 objectives multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of 200 marks. The duration of the test will be 2 Hours and 30 Minutes. Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. The APICET 2018 exam pattern consists 3 sections(Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability). Medium of the test will be English only.
The candidates appearing for the examination must have detailed knowledge of the APICET 2018 syllabus. This will aid the candidates in getting a better insight into the APICET 2018 exam pattern. Besides the APICET 2018 syllabus, they should also go through the instructions to follow on the day of the examination and the APICET preparation tips.
APICET 2018 Exam Pattern highlight table is given below:
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours and 30 Minutes (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Multiple choice questions|
|Number of questions||200|
|Mode of APICET 2018 Exam||Offline|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Marks for each correct answer||1 Mark|
|Sections||Mathematical Ability, Analytical Ability, Communication Ability|
Section wise distribution of questions is given below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
APICET 2018 Result
APICET 2018 Result is expected on or before May 10, 2018 after the successful conduction of the exam. Candidates should note that the results will be declared online and they will not be informed individually about the same. Result has to be checked by candidates on the official website. Merit List of candidates will also be released as per the marks scored by candidates.
Steps to download Result
Candidates can the following steps to check their APICET 2018 result:
Step 1: Log-in to the official website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Download Result’.
Step 3: Enter the ‘Hall Ticket Number’ mentioned on the candidate’s APICET 2018 admit card.
Step 4: Click ‘Submit’ and download and print the APICET 2018 Result.
APICET 2018 Qualifying Marks
Following are the qualifying marks as per the category of candidates:
- The qualifying marks for general category candidates in the APICET Entrance Test are 25%.
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities, there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
APICET 2018 Rank List
Candidates will be provided ranks on the basis of marks obtained in APICET 2018 examination. The rank obtained in the test is valid for entry into MBA and MCA courses for the academic year 2018-2019 only.
APICET Cut off will be declared by exam conducting authorities for counselling. The following is a table of previous year’s APICET rank list detailing the ranks and counselling schedule. APICET 2018 candidates can have an idea about their possibility of attending the APICET 2018 counselling from this cut-off list:
|Date||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|July 20, 2015||PH (V), PH (H), PH (O)||1||Last|
|July 20, 2015||Anglo-Indian||1||Last|
|July 20, 2015||CAP||1||Last|
|July 21, 2015||NCC||1||20, 000|
|July 20, 2015||Sports||1||20, 000|
|July 22, 2015||NCC||20, 001||40, 000|
|July 22, 2015||Sports||20, 001||40, 000|
|July 23, 2015||NCC||40, 001||Last|
|July 23, 2015||Sports||40, 001||Last|
APICET 2018 Counselling
Counselling for APICET 2018 will be conducted for successful candidates as per their rank in the merit list. Candidates should keep the following points in mind while appearing for counseling:
- Candidates should present on the notified date and time at the counselling center with all the relevant certificates and fee.
- Candidates will be called for registration rank-wise. Candidates have to sign in the register and pay the processing fee before proceeding for verification of certificates.
- Candidates need to produce Original certificates and bring Xerox copies of certificates for submission.
- Candidates have to exercise options on web.
- Candidates have to access the full schedule by entering their registration number, followed by their admit card number, password and date of birth in the login section.
- Candidates need to be careful while exercising options on the web and take the print out of the Saved options.
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees for the counselling and admission by filling the challan form which can be downloaded from official website along with the seat allotment order
- Candidates will be informed about their final allotment and they are required to report to the respective colleges on or before the specified date, failing which the candidate will lose the admission.
- Allotted seat will also be updated on the web. So, candidates can check the institute allotted to them by visiting official website.
- Candidates will be given the option to withdraw from counselling by submitting an application. Application has to be submitted to that to the co-ordinator, helpline center along with receipt of certificates.
Documents Required for APICET 2018 Counselling
Candidates appearing for the counselling rounds of APICET 2018 have to carry two sets of photocopies along with the original certificates of the following listed documents:
- APICET 2018 Hall Ticket or Admit Card
- APICET 2018 Rank Card/ Score card
- Degree Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Intermediate Mark sheet
- SSC or equivalent Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College