AP ECET 2018
AP Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance exam that is held for admission into various disciplines of B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy lateral entry programs. The exam is conducted every by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Anantapur.
The exam serves the purpose of being a Common Entrance Test (CET) for diploma holders and B.Sc. (Mathematics) degree holders.
Candidates seeking admissions through AP ECET 2018 would be required to make an application on the official website of JNTU. All those candidates who have submitted their application successfully would be then called for the AP ECET 2018 exam subject to the fact that they fulfill all the notified eligibility criteria.
The exam would be conducted in online mode and would be objective in nature. Candidates qualifying the AP ECET 2018 would be called for counselling and seat allotment process. Some details related to the exam are tabled below.
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 MCQ type questions|
|Sections||3 to 4|
Candidates applying for B.E/B.Tech would also have to take a paper based on the branch of Engineering for which they have made application as a part of AP ECET 2018.
AP ECET 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates who are planning to take AP ECET 2018 exam should keep a tap on the important dates related to the releasing of notification, beginning of the application, release of the admit card etc. For reference, you can refer to the table below.
|Events related to AP ECET 2018||Dates (tentative)|
|Release of AP ECET 2018 notification||2nd week of February 2018|
|Application for AP ECET 2018 starts||3rd week of February 2018|
|Last date for making application without late fee||4th week of March 2018|
|Last date for making application with late fee of INR 1000||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date for making application with late fee of INR 5000||4th week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit cards||Last week of April 2018|
|Date of exam||2nd week of May 2018|
Candidates must note that the exact dates related to the exam events would be notified by the AP ECET 2018 conducting authority through a notification on the official website. Candidates on their part are advised to visit the official website regularly in order to get the latest updates. Collegedunia would update you in this regards as soon as the notification is published on JNTU’s website.
AP ECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested to take AP ECET 2018 exam must check that whether they fulfill the desired eligibility criteria or not. The eligibility criteria are different for different courses. The detailed eligibility criteria’s are mentioned below.
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidate should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh. Also, he/she should satisfy the local status/non-local status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational and Technology Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- Candidates should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy from the state board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh state or any other Diploma from AICTE approved institutions recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant course.
- Candidates should have passed the 3 year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the state or its equivalent for entry into relevant course.
- Candidates pursuing their diploma courses would also be treated eligible for the purpose of exam provided that they should complete the prescribed diploma course before commencement of admission process.
- Candidates must have passed the Diploma in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy/B.Sc. degree with an aggregate of at least 45% marks (40% marks are required for reserved category candidates).
AP ECET 2018 Application Form
The tentative date for the beginning of AP ECET 2018 application process is 2nd week of February 2018. Candidates who are willing to the AP ECET 2018 exam can make an application for the through online mode. Candidates can make an application by going on to the official website of JNTU. After visiting the official website click on AP ECET 2018 application. Candidates would be then required to undergo registration process. Post successful registration candidates would be directed to fill the detailed application form and pay the application fee of INR 400.
While making an application following things are to be taken care of by the candidates.
- Photo used for uploading purpose should be in .jpg format and the size for the same shall not exceed 30kb (for photo) and 20kb (for signature).
- The dimensions of the photograph shall be 3.5cm x 4.5cm. The signature shall also be in .jpg format and the dimensional requirements are same as that for the photograph. The format for it should be .jpg.
After completing the entire process that is registration, photo/signature upload, and fee payment candidates would be provided with a screen showing the detailed form filled by them. Candidates can the make correction in case they find any mistake in the filled form. Form correction could be done only during the specified time window notified by the conducting authority. After the end of the time period, no corrections would be allowed.
Know More About AP ECET Application form 2018
Admit Card forAP ECET 2018
The admit card for AP ECET 2018 would be released by last week of April 2018 on the AP ECET 2018 official website. Admit card would be made available for download on the official website for a notified amount of time. After the notified time period the link for downloading admit cards would get disabled and now further downloads would be possible. Thus, candidates are advised to download the admit card as soon as they are published.
Candidates can download their AP ECET 2018 admit card by following the below- mentioned steps.
- Go to the JNTU official website.
- Click on AP ECET 2018 admit card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your AP ECET 2018 application number and password to login and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
AP ECET 2018 Exam Centers
AP ECET 2018 would be held in 14 districts across the state of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates would be allowed to make a choice for the exam centre at the time of making application for AP ECET 2018. Candidates can have the option of choosing the centre from below tabled districts.
|Guntur||Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore|
|West Godavari||YSR Kadapa|
AP ECET 2018 Exam Pattern
There are 3 different exams that would be held under AP ECET 2018. Each exam is related to a specified UG course (lateral entry) for which the admission would be conducted based on the test results. All papers would be of objective nature. Highlights related to the exam pattern are tabled below.
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Number of Questions asked||200 mcq type|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)|
Read More About AP ECET Exam Pattern 2018
AP ECET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for AP ECET 2018 would be based on the syllabus of diploma course on the basis of which candidate has made an application for admission into respective UG course (lateral entry program). Candidates should refer the standard books prescribed for them at diploma level. For reference in regards to Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics candidates can refer the textbook of class XI and class XII prescribed by Andhra Pradesh state board or CBSE.
AP ECET 2018 Results
The results of AP ECET 2018 would be announced in the month of June on the official website of JNTU. The exact date for the result announcement would be made public through the AP ECET 2018 official notification. Candidates would be able to check their results by undertaking the following simple steps.
- Visit AP ECET 2018 official website.
- Click on AP ECET 2018 results.
- Enter your roll number.
- Click on submit.
- Your result would get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
Based on these results counselling will be done for allotment of seats under various disciplines of UG courses.
AP ECET 2018 Cut-off
Candidates would be required to score a minimum of 25% marks (of the total allotted marks) in order to obtain a rank in the AP ECET 2018 exam. That is a minimum of 50 marks out of a total of 200 marks is required to be obtained by the candidates.
There is no minimum qualifying percentage for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
AP ECET 2018 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the AP ECET 2018 a merit list would be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks would be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks would hover at the bottom. Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in registration and choice locking process. Counselling process for AP ECET 2018 is expected to begin in 2nd /3rd week of June. Counselling would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the AP ECET 2018 merit list.
In case of a tie among two or more candidates (in regards to merit list) following methodology would be followed.
- One with higher marks in Mathematics would be placed higher.
- In case tie still persists then Marks of Physics and Chemistry would be compared.
- In case tie is not resolved then in who is elder would be placed higher.
- To settle the case if the tie persists even after considering above 3 parameters candidates would be awarded equal ranking.