AP EAMCET 2018 - Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test
AP EAMCET 2018 (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. For the academic session 2018-19, JNTU Kakinada (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada) will hold the exam on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education). The exam is conducted every year to admit eligible candidates to various professional courses in engineering and agriculture programs. AP EAMECET 2018 notification is expected to be released in January 2018.
JNTU Kakinada will conduct the exam via online mode. For this year, more than 2 lakhs of participants are expected to appear for AP EAMCET 2018. Before filling in the application form, JNTU has set basic eligibility standard that a candidate needs to satisfy. Then, the eligible candidates can apply from 1st week of February 2018 till 3rd week of March 2018. AP EAMCET Application Form 2018 is available at sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet. The whole process is done via online mode.
AP EAMCET 2018 Quick Links
AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card will be issued by the conducting body in April 2018. Candidates have to visit AP EAMCET Official Website to download it. Registration Number and Date of Birth needs to be submitted before accessing the document. It contains information regarding EAMCET- Candidate Name, Exam Venue, Date & Time of the exam, Registration No. and Instructions relating to exam. It is a mandatory document that must be carried at all the stages till the admission is confirmed. It must also be supported with a valid photo ID issued by the Government of India. CheckAP EAMCET Admit Card
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern is defined by the authorities (APSCHE). It will be conducted separately for Engineering and Agriculture courses. Duration of both the exams is 3- hour. The questions will be asked from PCM group (Engineering) and PCB group (Agriculture). They will be of objective type, carrying 1 mark each. There is no provision of negative marking. CheckAP EAMCET Exam Pattern 2018
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Highlights
AP EAMCET offers admission to various professional degree undergraduate program. Candidates who wish to apply for Engineering/Pharmacy/Agriculture courses have to appear for AP EAMCET. To apply for Pharmacy or Agriculture one has to appear for PCB subject group while for Engineering program, candidates can only appear for PCM group. AP EAMCET 2018 for PCB and PCM group is held at various pre-decided exam centers only. The other important highlights of the exam are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test)|
|Exam Date||April 2018|
|Exam Mode||Online mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates
APSCHE will release AP EAMCET 2018 notification in January 2018 (tentative). And it is expected that the form filling window becomes functional in February 2018. Other important dates related to EAMCET 2018 AP have been tabulated below:
|Release of AP EAMCET notification||Last week of January 2018|
|AP EAMCET Form available from||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date of submitting Online Application Form||3rd week of March 2018|
|Last date to make corrections in Application Form||1st week of April 2018 to 2nd week of April 2018|
|AP EAMECT 2018 Admit Card availability||3rd week of April 2018 onwards|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Exam||Last week of April 2018|
|Release date of preliminary key||Last week of April 2018|
|Last date for receiving objections on preliminary key||1st week of May 2018|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Results||Last week of May 2018|
AP EAMCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are willing to apply for AP EAMCET 2018 exam must be aware of eligibility criteria set by EAMCET to admit candidates. The standards for both the papers is similar barring subjects required. The standards are defined as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Also, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) Card Holder or PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) can apply.
- Candidate must produce a proof of being a native of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana
- The age bar for appearing for AP EAMCET 2018 is 16-year as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Those applying for B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech (Ag. Engineering) and B.Tech (FST) shall complete 17 years of age till December 31st, 2018
- For Engineering and Pharmacy, one who has graduated 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics from recognized board of AP /Telangana.
- For Agriculture Programs, one should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology from recognized board of AP /Telangana.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with 45% (40% for SC/ST) for Pharm-D Course.
- Diploma candidates (3years) are also eligible.
- Those who are currently appearing for class 12th exams can also apply.
AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form
AP EAMCET Application Form 2018 will be available for filling in February 2018. One has to visit the official website of EAMCET to fill in the form. The process of getting registered 4 major steps namely Payment of Fee, Checking the status of Payment, Filling up of Application Form and Printing out the Form. The steps included in the successful completion of AP EAMCET 2018 Application form are:
Step1- AP EAMCET 2018 Application Fee Payment
The first step in the application procedure of AP EAMCET 2018 is payment of application fee which can be done via two methods listed below:
- AP/TS Online/E-Seva/Mee-Seva centers- To pay the registration fee through this mode, candidates will enter their qualifying exam roll number along with date of birth and 10th class roll number, to proceed with the payment process.
- Credit card/Debit card- This is a comparatively easy mode to pay the registration fee as candidates will just have to fill the card details and some required information.
The registration fee as per the program opted in AP EAMCET 2018 is tabulated below:
|Both Engineering and Agriculture||INR 700|
Note: Post the last date of application form submission, candidates shall be able to pay the application fee with late fee charges, as applicable.
Step 2- Filling AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form
In the AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form, all the personal, academic etc information needs to be mentioned:
- Name, DOB, Gender, Aadhar Card and Address,
- Parents’ Information- Names and Income
- Educational details- 10th class marks, 12th class marks, year passing both classes, 1st – 12th study places.
Note:Candidates have to upload their academic details with scanned photo and signature.
Step 3- Saving Application Form 2018
When all the details have been entered, candidates must re-check the application form and its details. Once done, click on ‘OK’ and save AP EAMCET 2018 Application form.
Step 4- Print out of the application form
Candidates will need to have the printed copy of AP EAMCET 2018 Application form with them. Vandidates can do so by entering the registration number and qualifying exam hall ticket number.
APEAMCET 2018 Reservation Criteria
For the academic session 2018-19, APSCHE has made special provisions for female and reserved category candidates. Female candidates will be given reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats, in each course and in each category (OC/ SC/ ST/ BC/ CAP/ NCC/ SP/ PH). This reservation shall not be applicable if women candidates are selected on merit in each category.
For Special Reservation
- Physically handicapped (PH): 3% horizontal reservation in each category (OC/BC/SC/ST) for Visually Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Orthopedically Handicapped (each 1%).
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): 2% for the children of Armed Personnel i.e. Ex-Servicemen, Defense Personnel including the children of Border Security Force (BSF) and the Central Reserve Police (CRPF), who are a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to claim this reservation.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): 1% for National Cadet Corps (NCC) Candidates.
- Sports & Games (SP): 0.5% for Sports & Games candidates.
AP EAMCET Results 2018
The announcement of AP EAMCET 2018 Results can be expected in the last week of May 2018. The results will be available on the official website of AP EAMCET. No other mode is used to intimate candidates who gave AP EAMCET 2018. The steps to get the results are given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of EAMCET and search ‘result’ link.
Step 2: Enter your AP EAMCET Admit Card number and Password.
Step 3: Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Take the printed copy of AP EAMCET Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
AP EAMCET 2018 Counselling Procedure
Post declaration of AP EAMCET results, JNTU Kakinada will release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates. The list will be uploaded on the official website. Through this list, candidates will get to know if they are eligible to participate in AP EAMCET Counselling. The counselling schedule shall be intimated online, one must make sure to keep a regular check on EAMCET website. During the counselling procedure, candidates have to go through the following levels stated below:
- Registration for Certificate check
- Documents' Verification
- Exercising Options entry in Counselling
- Choice filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Fee Payment and College Reporting
The counselling fee for General candidates and backward candidates is INR 600, those belonging to SC/ST category shall pay INR 300. Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Hall ticket number of qualifying examination
- Hall ticket number of SSC or equivalent
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/BC candidates
- PH, NCC, Sports etc.
- Income Up to One Lakh or Up to Two Lakhs or More than Two Lakhs (Rupees)
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status (last 12 years)