AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Date, Application Form, Syllabus
Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) is a state-level exam, organized by JNTU Kakinada. AP EAMCET is scheduled from April 22 onwards in online mode. The exam is conducted to enroll eligible candidates to various professional courses in engineering and agriculture programs.
AP EAMCET Application Form is available until March 29. Visit the official website of APSCHE i.e. sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet. General category candidates must be an Intermediate graduate to apply online for the exam.
- For this session, AP EAMCET Mock Test are available online at www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet.
- Last date to register for the exam without a late fee is April 9, 2018.
- Now, candidates can attempt the question paper in Urdu medium as well.
Highlights of AP EAMCET 2018
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|AP EAMCET Official Website||www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Type & No. of Questions||Objective, 160 Questions|
|Expected Registration||2 lakh (approx.)|
|Validity of AP EAMCET Score||One year|
|AP EAMCET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 0884-2340535/ 0884-2356255|
Upcoming Engineering and Agriculture Exams
|Exam Name||Exam Date(s)||Reference Link|
|JEE Main 2018||April 8, 15, 16||Click Here|
|TS EAMCET 2018||May 2 – May 7||Click Here|
|KEAM 2018||April 23 – April 24||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2018||May 16 – May 31||Click Here|
Exam Schedule (Updated)
AP EAMCET 2018 Notification was released on February 26, 2018. Tabulated below is AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates:
|Availability of Application Form||February 28 – March 29, 2018|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Form Correction||April 8 – April 12, 2018|
|Availability of AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card||April 18, 2018|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Date (Announced)||April 22 – 25, 2018 (Engineering)|
|April 25 – 26, 2018 (Agriculture)|
|April 24 – 25, 2018 (Both Streams)|
|Declaration of AP EAMCET 2018 Result|
May 5, 2018
AP EAMCET 2018 Notification
For this year, more than 2 lakh candidates are expected to register for APEAMCET 2018. The official notification for the examination released on February 26, 2018.
Who can Apply for AP EAMCET 2018?
Candidates are required to satisfy the defined eligibility in order to apply online for the state level exam. The standards for both the papers are similar barring subjects required. It is as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) Card Holder or PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) can apply.
- Candidate must produce a proof of being a native of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana
- For engineering and pharmacy course, candidate must have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- There is no upper age limit for Engineering program.
- For agriculture and medical, candidates must have completed 17 years of age until December 31, 2018.
- There is an upper age limit of 22 years (25 years for SC/ ST category) as on December 31 of the year of admission.
- For Engineering and Pharmacy, intermediate graduates with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics from recognized board of AP /Telangana.
- For Agriculture Programs, intermediate graduates with Physics, Chemistry, Biology from recognized board of AP /Telangana.
- For Pharm.D. Course, intermediate graduates with 45% (40% for SC/ST) can apply.
- Diploma candidates (3years) can also register for EAMCET 2018.
- Those who are currently appearing for class 12th exams can also apply.
AP EAMCET 2018 – Courses Offered
|B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||B.Tech. (Agr. Engineering)|
|B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)||B.Sc. (Agriculture)|
|B.Sc. (Horticulture)||B.V.Sc. & A.H.|
|B.F.Sc||B.Pharmacy and Pharma.D.|
AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form
Registration Dates: February 28 – April 21, 2018 (with late fee)
Visit AP EAMCET Official Website i.e. www.sche.ap.in/eamcet to register. There are four major steps involved to apply namely Fee Payment, Know your Payment Status, Fill Application, Print Application Form.
Step 1- Application Fee Payment
To access the form, pay the stipulated fee as per your category. AP LAWCET Fee can be paid via two methods listed below:
- AP/TS Online/E-Seva/Mee-Seva centers – enter your qualifying exam roll number along with date of birth and 10th class roll number, to proceed with the payment process.
- Credit card/Debit card – fill the card details and some required information.
|Both Engineering and Agriculture||INR 1000|
Step 2- Fill AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form
In the online form, enter all the required details as listed below:
- Personal details – Name, DOB, Gender, Aadhar Card and Address
- Parents’ Information – Names and Income
- Educational details – 10th class marks, 12th class marks, year passing both classes, 1st – 12th study places.
Step 3- Save Application Form 2018
- When all the details have been entered, candidates must re-check the application form and its details.
- Once done, click on ‘OK’ and save the application form.
Step 4- Print out of the Application form
- Take a print out of the document for future correspondence.
- Enter the registration number and qualifying exam hall ticket number to view the document.
AP EAMCET 2018 Form Correction
Form correction dates: April 8 – April 12, 2018
APSCHE or JNTU Kakinada will provide a one-time facility to make edits in the application form. Make note that there will be few particulars that can be corrected in the form. Therefore, it is important to furnish the details carefully in one go.
Category 1 – Details that CANNOT be changed but a written request to the Convener via email with valid supporting documents to email@example.com can work to make required corrections.
|Correction Name||Supporting Documents|
|Stream||Hall Ticket of Qualifying Examination|
|Photograph||Passport size colored Photograph|
|Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No.||Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket|
|Community/ reservation category||Certificate issued by Competent Authority|
|Candidate’s Name||SSC Mark List|
|Date of Birth|
Category 2 – Particulars that CAN BE changed online by the candidate.
|Bridge Course Hall Ticket No.||Local Area Status|
|Qualifying Exam – year of Appearing/ Passing||Annual Income of Parents|
|Medium of Instructions in Qualifying Exam||Non Minority/ Minority|
|Place of Study – Intermediate or equivalent||Study Details|
|Mother’s Name||SSC Hall Ticket No. & Year of Passing|
|Birth State/ Birth Distict||Exam 10+2 studies in|
|Gender||Address for Correspondence|
|Special Category||Mobile/ Email ID|
|Intermediate/Degree Hall Ticket Number & Year of Passing||Aadhaar Card & Ration Card details|
AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card
AP EAMCET Hall Ticket dates: April 18, 2018 onwards
- Hall Ticket Number of candidate
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Exam date and time
- Exam Venue
- Category of the candidate
- Reporting time at the exam center
- List of the documents to be carried on the exam day
- Exam day instructions
AP EAMCET Exam Centers
The exam centers for EAMCET exam are pre-defined by JNTU Kakinada. For this year, there are 44 Regional Centers to ensure smooth conduct of the entrance examination. Some of the major venues are indicated in the following map:
Note: Questions in AP EAMCET will be in “English” and “Telugu” medium only. Candidates, who have studied the qualifying examination in Urdu medium and wish to avail assistance for translating the questions into Urdu, will be allotted a Test Centre at Kurnool only.
Important Points to Remember:
- Candidates willing to appear for E & AM Papers must select the option both (E & AM category) while filling in AP EAMCET Application Form.
- The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some online Test Centres from the list of Regional Centres notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allot the candidates to any Test Centre other than that opted by the candidates.
- Candidate should not submit more than one application either for ‘E’ or ‘AM’ or ‘E&AM’ category test. If any candidate submits more than one application for one category, the Convener reserves the right to reject all the applications or accept any one of them.
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Pattern
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Date(s) – E (Apr. 22 to Apr. 25); AM (Apr. 25 & Apr. 26); EA (Apr. 24 & Apr. 25)
Paper Pattern is furnished by the authorities Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education or APSCHE. The exam is conducted separately for Engineering and Agriculture courses. The following infographic gives the highlights of AP EAMCET Exam Pattern 2018:
Sectional Distribution of Questions
- There will be 2 subject groups namely PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) for Engineering and PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for Agriculture.
- Each section will have 40 MCQs with 4 options, barring Mathematics.
- Mathematics will have 80 Questions in total.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
Engineering Paper – Section-wise Questions
Agriculture Paper – Section-wise Questions
Important Topics in AP EAMCET 2018
The exam conducting body release AP EAMCET Syllabus each year. No change in the syllabus has been notified as yet.
- For admissions to Agriculture or Medical program, they have to appear for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subject group.
- For Engineering program, candidates can only appear in the PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group.
- The syllabus is prepared from Class 11th and Class 12th syllabus.
- It is highly unlikely that the questions will be prepared outside the official syllabus of AP EAMCET 2018 released by the coordinating authority.
- Subjects covered under the exam are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology.
Download AP EAMCET Scorecard 2018
Declaration of AP EAMCET Result: May 5, 2018
The result for AP EAMCET is declared online, at the official website. Enter your Registration No., Hall ticket no. and captcha code to download your scorecard. AP EAMCET Merit List is also released as per the marks scored by candidates.
Qualifying Marks in AP EAMCET 2018:
- The qualifying marks for general category candidates in AP EAMCET exam are 25%.
- For SC/ST category, there will be no qualifying marks for ranking. But their admission will be limited to the extent of seats reserved for such categories. But their admission will be limited to the extent of seats reserved for such categories.
AP EAMCET Cut Off
Cut off is declared by the exam conducting authorities each year. The following is a table of expected cutoff marks for AP EAMCET 2018. For admissions to AP EAMCET Participating Institutes, aspirants must secure rank which is either equal to or above the closing rank or cutoff.
Candidates can have an idea about their possibility of attending the AP EAMCET 2018 counselling from this cut-off list:
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||40|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||35|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||35|
Check detailedAP EAMCET Cut Off
AP EAMCET 2018 Counselling
- Post declaration of AP EAMCET results, JNTU Kakinada will release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates.
- The list will be uploaded on the official website.
- Through this list, candidates will get to know if they are eligible to participate in AP EAMCET Counselling.
- The counselling schedule shall be intimated online, one must make sure to keep a regular check on EAMCET website.
- During the counselling procedure, candidates have to go through the following levels listed below:
- Registration for Certificate verification and Documents' Verification
- Exercising Options entry in Counselling
- Choice filling and Locking
- AP EAMCET Seat Allotment
- Fee Payment and Reporting at College
AP EAMCET Counselling: Documents Required
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Hall ticket number of SSC or equivalent
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- PH, NCC, Sports certificate
- Income Up to One Lakh or Up to Two Lakhs or More than Two Lakhs (Rupees)
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status (last 12 years)
AP EAMCET 2018 FAQs
Ques. What should I do in case my account is debited and the website crashes?
Ans. In case your account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, immediately check your Payment Status using ‘Know Your Payment Status’ option by providing required details. If you get a message "Payment Details Not Found", go for a fresh payment and the amount of the failed transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account within 5 working days.
Ques. Are there any guidelines to scan and upload photo or signature in AP EAMCET Form?
Ans. As per the authorities, tabulated below are the specifications that need to be followed while scanning and uploading the documents:
|Photograph||.JPG||not less than 30 kb|
|Signature||. JPG||not less than 15 kb|
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria introduced in AP EAMCET 2018?
Ans. Yes, AP EAMCET 2018 Reservation Criteria is as follows:
- A special provision for female and reserved category candidates are introduced by the authorities.
- Female candidates will be given reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats, in each course and in each category (OC/ SC/ ST/ BC/ CAP/ NCC/ SP/ PH).
- This reservation will not be applicable if women candidates are selected on merit in each category.
For Special Reservation –
- Physically handicapped (PH): 3% horizontal reservation in each category (OC/BC/SC/ST) for Visually Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Orthopedically Handicapped (each 1%).
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): 2% for the children of Armed Personnel i.e. Ex-Servicemen, Defense Personnel including the children of Border Security Force (BSF) and the Central Reserve Police (CRPF), who are a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to claim this reservation.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): 1% for National Cadet Corps (NCC) Candidates.
- Sports & Games (SP): 0.5% for Sports & Games candidates.
Ques. Are there any tie-breaking criteria followed in AP EAMCET 2018 in case of candidates scoring same marks?
Ans. While preparing a merit list, if more than one candidate secures the same combined score, the tie shall be resolved considering the following:
- The total marks secured in EAMCET 2018
- Marks secured in mathematics
- The marks secured in Physics
- Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
- If the tie still persists, the older (based on date of birth) being given preference over the younger.
Ques. What are the mandatory details required at the time of filling in AP EAMCET Application form?
Ans. Before starting the registration for the exam, keep ready the following details and documents in the required format:
Ques. Is it necessary to send any hard copy of EAMCET application form to the authorities?
Ans. No, there is no need to send or post the application form to the authorities.
Ques. What is the procedure to apply for AP EAMCET 2018?
Ans. The procedure to register for the examination is simple. The entire process has been made online for candidate’s comfort and ease. Listed below are the steps to apply online for EAMCET 2018:
Step 1 – Fee Payment
Step 2 – Check AP EAMCET Payment Status
Step 3 – Filling the Application Form
Step 4 – Print Application Form
Check Detailed AP EAMCET Registration Procedure
Ques. What items or documents am I allowed to carry at AP EAMCET Exam Center?
Ans. Candidates are required to bring the following:
- AP EAMCET Hall Ticket
- Filled in Online Application Form
- A Ball Point Pen (for rough work, working sheets will be provided by the test center)
- Attested copy of Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST category candidates only)
Ques. What items are prohibited at the exam center of AP EAMCET?
Ans. The following things are barred at the center:
- Any textual material
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator
- Printed or written material
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Pager or any other device
If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
Ques. Is there any normalization procedure followed in AP EAMCET?
Ans. Yes, the authorities have defined clear grounds of AP EAMCET Normalisation Procedure. As the exam is conducted in multiple sessions, the procedure is used in order to maintain equality and fairness in the exam.Check AP EAMCET Normalization Procedure
Ques. What is the ranking criteria for candidates belonging to category of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of Indian (OCI) Card Holders?
Ans. For these candidates, the weightage of marks will be decided by a committee constituted by the competent authority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College