AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
AILET Eligibility details out certain academic and age-related conditions that an applicant must fulfill. These criteria have been laid out by National Law University, Delhi (NLU-D). AILET Eligibility is different for Undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses. Candidates must make sure they satisfy the criteria before filling AILET Application Form.
- For LLB Course, a General Category candidate must secure minimum 50% aggregate marks in class XII. For candidates from Reserved Category, they must secure minimum 30% aggregate marks in class XII. Candidates appearing in the 12th Standard Examination can also apply.
- For LLM Course, a candidate should have passed the L.L.B or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with not less than 55% aggregate marks. In case of SC/ST/PwD candidates, it is 50%.
- For Ph.D., a candidate is required to have his L.L.M degree with 55% marks or its equivalent. In case, of the SC/ST/Persons with Disability, the same is 50%.
AILET was successfully conducted on May 7, 2017. It is an annual entrance exam conducted every year by the National Law University, Delhi (NLU-D) for admissions to their LLB, LLM and Ph.D. programs. For AILET 2017, 17,054 candidates appeared for the exam.
AILET Eligibility 2017 for BA L.L.B
Through AILET, NLUs offer admission to 83 seats in the five-year B.A (L.L.B) program. Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme is made strictly on merit, based on the All India Entrance Examination.
- The candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination securing not less than 50%in aggregate of total marks to be eligible for entrance.
- A candidate shall secure a minimum of 40% of marks in AILET to be eligible for admission, while for an SC/STcandidate, it is 30%.
- Candidates awaiting the results of their qualifying examination can also appear in the entrance test on the condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination meeting the prescribed criteria at the time of interview.
- Candidates who are unable to clear the qualifying exam with the desired marks or those who are unable to produce a statement of marks of the qualifying examination at the time of interview or those who get a compartment in any subject of the qualifying examinations will not be eligible for admission.
- The University in this regard reserves the right to cancel the admission of students in accordance with the rules.
In terms of age, NLU has withdrawn the age eligibility criteria for AILET 2017. This came into force according to a notification released on February 18, 2016. Check Here
Qualifying Marks in AILET
Presented below in the table is the qualifying marks for admission to BA LLB programs through AILET 2017.
|CATEGORY||AILET 2017 Qualifying Marks|
|PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES||78|
AILET Eligibility 2017 for L.L.M
NLU offers a One-year course in LLM. It provides admission to 50 seats for LLM program through AILET. The eligibility criteria for LLM course are detailed below:
- To be eligible for the L.L.M program, a candidate should have passed L.L.B or an equivalent degree from a recognised university with not less than 55% marks in aggregate. In case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability, it is 50% marks.
- Admission to L.L.M degree program is through AILET conducted by NLU Delhi.
- Candidates awaiting their result of their qualifying exams can also appear, subject to the condition that they produce proof of having qualified the examination at the time of admission.
- For candidates seeking admission under the foreign nationals category, admission is offered on the academic record of L.L.B or an equivalent degree recognised by the UGC/Association of Indian Universities with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade. There is no entrance for them.
- Also, assessment of necessary communication skills in written and spoken English and performance in the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity is vital for admission under the foreign national category.
- There is no age bar for appearing in AILET 2017 for admission to LLM Course.
AILET Eligibility 2017 for Ph.D.
The candidates appearing in AILET 2017 for admission into Ph.D courses should also comply with the AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria declared by NLU. The various eligibility criteria for PH.D course are detailed below:
- To be eligible for Ph.D. a candidate should have completed his L.L.M degree with 55% marks or its equivalent. In case, of the SC/ST/Persons with Disability the same is 50%.
- The admission to the program is strictly merit based i.e. performace of a candidate in AILET, conducted by the NLU Delhi.
- However, candidates who have qualified for UGC NET/JRF, SLET and M.Phil. are exempted from taking the entrance test. Also exempted are the judges of the Supreme Court and the High Court if they fulfill their eligibility criteria.
- All qualified candidates will submit a research proposal and after its scrutiny, only those candidates whose proposal is approved by the Scrutiny Committee will make a presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the proposal topic of research on a date notified by the University.
- There is no age limit to pursue Ph.D.
AILET 2017 Reservation
Apart from AILET Eligibility Criteria, National Law University declares the reservation policies for different categories. AILET Reservation Criteria for different courses are detailed below:
AILET 2017 Reservation Criteria for LLB
- Out of the total 80 seats in L.L.B program, 10% are reserved for foreign nationals. Of the 75 seats, 15% is reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 3% for Persons with Disability to be filled through AILET.
- The unfulfilled seats reserved for the SC category shall be assigned to the ST category and vice-versa. However, if the seats still remain vacant they shall be filled by the general category.
- Also, at 30% of the total seats shall be filled by eligible horizontal reservation for women candidates including those selected in reserved and foreign national categories. Selected candidates will be arranged in order of merit in each category.
- Moreover, one additional seat is reserved for Kashmiri migrants and are required to appear in the entrance and fulfill the eligibility criteria to secure admission.
Presented below in the table is the distribution of seats in L.L.B:
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|J & K||2%|
AILET 2017 Reservation Criteria for LLM
- The total numbers of seats offered in the L.L.M course are twenty with 15% reserved for the SC, 7.5% for the ST and 2.5% for Persons with Disability.
- Five seats are allotted to the foreign national candidates having the citizenship of any country other than India. Moreover, seats left vacant in the foreign national category are filled by the general category in order of merit.
Presented below in the table is the distribution of seats in L.L.M:
|Persons with Disability||2.5%|
Read More About AILET Reservation
The registration process for AILET 2017 concluded on April 15, 2017. The exam was successfully conducted on May 7, 2017. Result for LLB Course has also been declared now. Candidates now await AILET Result for LLM and PhD courses. We hope all deserving candidates saved themselves a seat in any one of the participating institutes of AILET.