AILET 2018 - Eligibility, Dates (Released), Syllabus
National Law University, Delhi conducts AILET each year. The law entrance examination is conducted to provide admissions to B.A. LL.B (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. programs offered at NLU Delhi. The exam is scheduled for May 6 and the registration is expected to be around 20,000.
AILET 2018 Latest Updates
- AILET 2018 Application Form Released at nludelhi.ac.in. Apply Online
- The minimum eligibility to appear for the exam is to be an Intermediate level graduate.
- For LLB and LLM Program, 15% seats are reserved for SC category and 7.5% for ST category. Check Detailed Reservation Criteria
- The offline mode exam will be conducted at 21 centers in India. Check AILET Exam Center
- AILET Scores are only considered by NLU Delhi and no other NLUs. Check Difference between CLAT and AILET
Highlights of AILET 2018
|AILET Full Form||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Conducting Authority||National Law University Delhi (NLU D)|
|Courses Offered||B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. Program|
|Number of Test Takers||B.A. LL.B program- 17,054;|
LL.M program- 1095
|Number of Seats Offered||BA LLB program- 80; LLM program- 35, Ph.D program- 5|
What is new in AILET 2018?
With the release of official notification for the exam, the following changes are introduced:
- AILET Application Fee – The fee has increased by INR 50. Now, the general category has to pay INR 3050 and SC/ ST candidate has to pay INR 1050 to apply for the examination.
- Seats Offered at NLU Delhi – For LLM Program, seats have increased by 20 i.e. now 40 seats are available under the PG Program. And for Ph.D. program, only 5 seats will be offered.
Quick Insights of AILET 2017
AILET 2018 Exam Dates
The official schedule for AILET 2018 will be released by NLU Delhi shortly. Tabulated below are tentative dates for AILET Exam:
|Event||Date (tentative)||Reference Links|
|Release of AILET Notification 2018||January 3, 2018||NLU Delhi has released AILET 2018 notification|
|Availability of AILET Application Form 2018||January 3 – April 7, 2018||The registration can be done via online mode only|
|Availability of AILET 2018 Admit Card||April 14, 2018||NLU Delhi will issue the admit card at nludelhi.ac.in|
|AILET 2018 Exam||May 6, 2018 (3 pm – 4:30 pm)||AILET 2018 is conducted in offline mode|
|AILET Result (BA.LL.B)||May 24, 2018||Results are released separately for all the programs online|
|AILET Results (LL.M)||July 2, 2018|
|AILET Result (Ph.D.)||July 16, 2018|
|AILET Counselling 2018||May 24, 2018||NLU Delhi will hold AILET Counselling in offline mode|
AILET Eligibility 2018
There are certain eligibility parameters defined by NLU Delhi for AILET. Law aspirants must satisfy the same to register for All India Law Entrance Test. All the programs have different AILET Eligibility standards. Listed below is a brief about the same:
AILET Eligibility Criteria for LLB Program:
- have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- age limit criterion is withdrawn.
- appearing in class 12 examination in March/April are eligible to apply for AILET.
AILET Eligibility Criteria for LLM Course:
- Graduate in LLB or any other equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks (In case of SC/ST/PwD it is 50% marks)
- appearing in last year of LLB can also apply
AILET Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D course:
- LL.M. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability)
AILET Application Form 2018
AILET Application Form will be available from January 3 onwards. Applicants can access the form on the official website of NLU i.e. nludelhi.ac.in. The last date to submit AILET Application Form is April 7. The stepwise process to register for the law entrance exam is as follows:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit AILET Official website i.e. nludelhi.ac.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the required details – Name, contact number, email ID, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the form, click on the Registration button.
- You will be redirected to Application Locker page, confirm the provided details.
Step 2 – Fill AILET Application Form
- Choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2018, you need to fill the form.
Step 3 – Uploading Images
- Upload the scanned photograph. Guidelines for uploading the photograph:
- Click on “save” and proceed to the next step i.e. AILET Fee Payment.
Step 4 – AILET Application Fee Payment
- The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card and Net Banking mode.
- Making payment through card, provide card no., and the expiry date.
- Candidates paying via Netbanking will be forwarded to the respective bank’s site where your account details are verified and payment is approved.
AILET Application Fee
The category wise details of AILET 2018 Application Fee are given below.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||1000|
|SC/ ST (Below poverty line)||Exempte|
AILET 2018 Admit Card
- The examination authority will issue AILET Admit Card on April 14, 2018.
- The document will be available online at nludelhi.ac.in.
- Stepwise procedure to download admit card for AILET 2018 comprises of following steps:
- Visit the official website of AILET 2018 – NLU Delhi.
- Enter your name and date of birth or AILET 2018 application number.
- Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card.
- Save e-admit card for future reference.
AILET Exam Centers
- AILET is held in 21 cities across India.
- They can choose an AILET Exam Centers while filling up the AILET Application Form.
- The final allotted exam center is mentioned in the AILET Admit Card.
Here is the complete list of AILET Exam Centers:
|AILET 2018 Exam centers|
AILET 2018 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern is defined by the conducting body, NLU Delhi. AILET Exam Pattern for each of the BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D Programs is different. It has been described below:
AILET Exam Pattern for BA LLB
- The time duration for BA LLB AILET is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The exam consists of 150 questions.
- Every question carries one mark each. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable.
- AILET 2018 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
- There are 35 questions in each of the first four sections and 10 question in the last section.
AILET Exam Pattern for LLM
- The duration of AILET 2018 for LLM is 90 minutes.
- AILET Exam Pattern for LLM consists of two sections- 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks of the test is 150- 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay section.
AILET Exam Pattern for Ph.D. Programmes
- AILET exam for Ph. D programs consist of two papers- Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and Paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- The paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions and the time duration is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In paper 2, the candidates have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their Ph.D. degree.
AILET 2018 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for AILET 2018 must be thorough with the complete AILET Syllabus. The important details of AILET Syllabus is given below:
Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choosing correct words, Idioms and phrases, Jumble words and sentences, Fill-in the blanks
History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs
Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams
Study of law, Research aptitude and Problem solving ability
Logical and Analytical reasoning skills
AILET Sample Paper
Practicing the sample papers or previous years’ question papers is an essential part of preparation. The candidates can download the previous year AILET Papers in order to gain acquainted with the pattern of the examination and get familiar with the difficulty level. Download the previous years’ AILET Question Paper:
|AILET Year||Link to Question Paper|
|AILET 2015||AILET Question Paper 2015|
|AILET 2014||AILET Question Paper 2014|
|AILET 2013||AILET Question Paper 2013|
|AILET 2012||AILET Question Paper 2012|
AILET Result 2018
- AILET Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in.
- The results will be available only in the online mode in PDF format.
- NLU releases result according to different categories.
- You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF. Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists.
Tabulated below is the schedule for the result declaration as per the program offered:
|AILET Course||AILET Result Date|
|AILET-BA LLB||May 24, 2018|
|AILET- LLM||July 2, 2018|
|AILET- PhD||July 16, 2018|
How to Check AILET Result?
Candidates can check their results for AILET 2018 by following the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of NLU Delhi i.e nludelhi.ac.in.
- Click on AILET 2018 Portal.
- Next, click on AILET 2018 Result.
- Fill in the details in all the required fields.
- Check and Download the results
AILET Score Card 2018
- All qualifying candidates will receive their respective AILET Score Card from NLU Delhi.
- The score card for AILET is disppatched on the day of declaration of results.
- It will contain a candidate’s name, roll number, total obtained marks vis-à-vis score in each of the subjects of law entrance exam.
- Candidates participating in AILET Counselling will be required to present their AILET Score Card.
AILET Cut Off
- On the basis of AILET Results, NLU prepares AILET cut off which forms the basis of short listing candidates for admission into law programs.
- It will be declared separately for all categories by NLU Delhi.
- Candidates who meet cutoff will be entitled to receive the admission letter.
- AILET Cut off enables candidates to find out how many marks they require to seek admission in the law programs.
For admission in BA LLB programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 98 out of 150 for General category, 65 for Scheduled Caste, 60 for Scheduled Tribe, 58 for Person with Disability and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants. For admissions to LLM programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 85 out of 150 for General category, 70 for Scheduled Caste, 52 for Scheduled Tribe and 65 for Person with Disability.
AILET 2018 Counseling
- AILET counseling will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University, Delhi.
- It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
- The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified candidates. Such candidates should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2018.
- In case a candidate fails to do so within the stipulated time, his candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled.
- The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June.
- Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted candidates is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2018 Spot Counseling Round.
- AILET Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is the last round of AILET 2017 admissions. It will be valid for the candidates in the waiting list category.
- No further admissions will be made after AILET Spot Counseling Round.
Read details about AILET Counselling
AILET 2018 Counselling Schedule
|AILET 2018 Result Date (BA LLB)||May 24, 2018|
|Admission Letter Issue Date||May 24, 2018|
|Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)||June 13, 2018|
|Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)||June 25, 2018|
|Fee Deposition Last Date only for selected candidates in spot counselling||July 5, 2018|
|Admission Closed||July 25, 2018|
|Selected Candidates Interview||July 28-29, 2018|
|Orientation programme||July 30, 2018|
|Start of session/classes|
August 1, 2018
AILET Seat Reservation
For BA LLB Courses
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|J & K||2%|
For LLM Courses
|Persons with Disability||2.5|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College