AILET 2017- All India Law Entrance Test
AILET is a national level exam conducted every year by NLU Delhi. The law entrance exam is conducted exclusively to provide admissions to B.A. L.L.B (Hons), L.L.M and Ph.D. Degree Programs offered at National Law University Delhi. For the academic session 2017-18, the All India Law Entrance Test concluded on May 07, 2017. It was conducted in 21 cities across India.
AILET 2017 Latest Updates
- AILET Results for LLB Program has been released by the conducting body on May 24, 2017. Know more about AILET Result 2017
- Candidates can check their AILET Result online at the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2017.
- The results for LLM and Ph.D. is expected to be released in July 2017.
- After the announcement AILET result, NLU releases category wise merit list.The admissions to LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. program will be done on Merit Basis. Read AILET Counselling
- NLU issues letters to the qualified candidates and candidates will have to remit NLU Admission fees.
- Spot counselling is conducted for the remaining seats and the final NLU admission process for AILET 2017 is completed by July 25.
AILET Cut Off will be defined by NLU Delhi. Candidates who clear the exam and meet the minimum cutoff score will be eligible to participate in AILET Counselling. Before appearing for the process, a candidate is required to download the Merit List and then check if his name is present on the list. Candidate’s whose name is there on the list will be called for final admissions.
Here are some quick insights about AILET 2017:
Highlights of AILET 2017
|AILET Full Form||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Conducting Authority||National Law University Delhi (NLU-D)|
|Courses Offered||B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M, Ph.D. Program, PG Diploma|
|Number of Test Takers||BA LLB program- 17,054; LLM program- 1095|
|Number of Seats Offered||BA LLB program- 80; LLM program- 20, Ph.D program- 10|
AILET 2017 Exam Dates
National Law University Delhi conducts AILET for admissions in 5-year integrated BA LLB Programme and one year LLM & Ph. D program. All the important AILET Exam Dates are detailed in the chronological order based on the official NLU calendar for the law entrance exam.
|Release of AILET 2017 Notification||January 03, 2017|
|Availability of AILET Application Form 2017||January 03, 2017|
|Last date to submit AILET Application|
|Availability of AILET 2017 Admit Card|
|AILET 2017 Exam Date|
May 07, 2017
|AILET Result (BA.LL.B)||May 24, 2017|
|AILET Results (LLM)||July 01, 2017 (tentative)|
|AILET Result (Ph.D.)||July 15, 2017 (tentative)|
|Issue of letters for Admission (1st List- LL.B.)||May 24, 2017|
|Last Date to deposit fee (1st List- LL.B.)||June 10, 2017|
|NLU Spot Counselling Date for vacant seats||June 24, 2017|
|Last date for depositing fee for candidates selected in NLU Spot Counselling||July 05, 2017|
|Admission Closes on||July 25, 2017|
|Interview of selected candidates||July 28 and July 29, 2017|
|Orientation Program||July 30, 2017|
|Commencement of Classes||August 01, 2017|
AILET Eligibility Criteria 2017
The examination authority, NLU has defined separate eligibility criteria for all the programs. Candidates can check AILET Eligibility Criteria for different programs below:
AILET Eligibility Criteria for LLB Program:
- Candidate must have passed Class 12 with the minimum aggregate marks of 50%.
- According to the official notification released by NLU, Delhi the eligibility criteria of age for admission is withdrawn.
- Candidates appearing in 12th class examination in March/April are also eligible for applying.
AILET Eligibility Criteria for LLM Course:
- Candidate with LLB degree or any other equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks can apply (In case of SC/ST/PwD it is 50% marks)
- Candidate appearing in last year of LLB can also apply
AILET Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. course:
- LL.M. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability)
Note:NLU has made provisions and reserved seats for each programs. Check AILET Reservation
AILET Application Form 2017
AILET Application Form will be available from January 03, 2017 onwards. Applicants can access the form on the official website of NLU. The last date to submit AILET Application Form is April 15, 2017. Follow the steps listed below to fill the application for AILET 2017:
Step 1- Registration
- Visit AILET Official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2017
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the basic information such as contact number, email ID, name, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the AILET Application form, click on Registration button. It’ll take you to Application Locker page where you have to confirm the provided details.
Step 2- Fill AILET Application Form
- Choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2017, you need to fill the form.
Step 3- Uploading Images
- Upload the scanned photograph. The size of the scanned photograph must not exceed 150 KB. The face of the candidate should cover at least 75% of the photograph.
- Scanned copy of photograph can be in .bmp, .jpg or .gif format.
- Click on “save” and proceed to make payment.
Step 4- AILET Application Fee Payment
- There are two available modes of payment for AILET 2017: offline and online.
- For offline payment, the applicant has to remit the fee for at the post office.
- For online payment, they can submit the fee via net banking/debit card/credit card.
- After the candidates have made the payment, they will receive a confirmation mail from.
- Applicants should download the acknowledgment from the mail or from the Application Locker under the Application Submitted area
Check how to fill AILET Application form
AILET 2017 Application Fee
The category wise details of AILET 2017 Application Fee are given below. Candidates can remit the fee either by online or offline mode for AILET 2017. The fee structure for different categories as well:
- For GEN/OBC category candidates: INR 3000
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates: INR 1000
- The application form for AILET 2017 is free of cost for the candidates belonging from SC/ST category below the poverty line.
AILET 2017 Admit Card
- The examination authority issued AILET Admit Card on April 22, 2017.
- Candidates can download AILET 2017 Admit Card at nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2017.
- It is a mandatory document for candidates to appear in the law entrance exam.
- The procedure to download the document for AILET 2017 comprises of following steps:
- Visit the official website of AILET 2017 – NLU Delhi.
- Enter your name and date of birth or AILET 2017 application number.
- Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card.
- Save e-admit card for future reference.
Check details on AILET Admit Card
AILET Exam Centers
- AILET is held in 21 cities across India.
- They can choose an AILET Exam Centers while filling up the AILET Application Form.
- The final allotted exam center is mentioned in the AILET Admit Card.
Here is the complete list of AILET Exam Centers:
|AILET 2017 Exam centers||AILET Exam State|
|Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern for AILET is defined by the conducting body, NLU Delhi. AILET was successfully conducted on May 07, 2017 in offline mode. AILET Exam Pattern for each of the BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D Programs is different. It has been described below:
AILET Exam Pattern for BA LLB
- The time duration for BA LLB AILET is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The exam consists of 150 questions.
- Every question carries one mark each. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable.
- The AILET 2017 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
- There are 35 questions in each of the first four sections and 10 question in the last section.
AILET Exam Pattern for LLM
- The duration of AILET 2017 for LLM is 90 minutes.
- AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for LLM consists of two sections- 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks of the test is 150- 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay section.
AILET Exam Pattern for Ph.D. Programmes
- AILET exam for Ph. D programs consist of two papers- Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and Paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- The paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions and the time duration is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In paper 2, the candidates have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their Ph.D. degree.
Check AILET Exam Pattern
AILET 2017 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for AILET 2017 must be thorough with the complete AILET Syllabus. The important details of AILET 2017 Syllabus is given below:
Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choosing correct words, Idioms and phrases, Jumble words and sentences, Fill-in the blanks
History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs
Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams
Study of law, Research aptitude and Problem solving ability
Logical and Analytical reasoning skills
Read complete details ofAILET Syllabus
AILET Sample Paper
Practicing the sample papers or previous years’ question papers is an essential part of preparation. The candidates can download the previous year AILET Papers in order to gain acquainted with the pattern of the examination and get familiar with the difficulty level. Download the previous years’ AILET Question Paper:
|AILET Year||Link to Question Paper|
|AILET 2015||AILET Question Paper 2015|
|AILET 2014||AILET Question Paper 2014|
|AILET 2013||AILET Question Paper 2013|
|AILET 2012||AILET Question Paper 2012|
AILET 2017 Answer Key
- NLU releases AILET Answer key on its official website.
- The keys for the respective courses were released on May 11, 2017. They were published in online mode only.
- The answer key will contain all the answers to the questions asked in the question paper of AILET 2017.
- It enables a student to get an estimate about how much marks he may score in AILET.
- Then, with the help of this and the previous years’ cut off, the students can evaluate their performance and calculate their results.
Download AILET Answer Key
AILET Result 2017
- AILET Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2017.
- The results will be available only in the online mode in PDF format.
- NLU releases result according to different categories.
- You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF. Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists.
Tabulated below is the schedule for the result declaration as per the program offered:
|AILET Course||AILET Result Date|
|AILET-BA LLB||May 24, 2017|
|AILET- LLM||July 01, 2017 (tentative)|
|AILET- PhD||July 15, 2017 (tentative)|
How to Check AILET Result?
Candidates can check their results for AILET 2017 by following the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of NLU Delhi i.e nludelhi.ac.in.
- Click on AILET 2017 Portal.
- Next, click on AILET 2017 Result.
- Fill in the details in all the required fields.
- Check and Download the results
Know how to check AILET Results
AILET Score Card 2017
- All qualifying candidates will receive their respective AILET Score Card from NLU Delhi.
- The score card for AILET is disppatched on the day of declaration of results.
- It will contain a candidate’s name, roll number, total obtained marks vis-à-vis score in each of the subjects of law entrance exam.
- Candidates participating in AILET Counselling will be required to present their AILET Score Card.
AILET 2017 Cut Off
- On the basis of AILET Results, NLU prepares AILET cut off which forms the basis of short listing candidates for admission into law programs.
- It will be declared separately for all categories by NLU Delhi.
- Candidates who meet cutoff will be entitled to receive the admission letter.
- AILET Cutoff enables candidates to find out how many marks they require to seek admission in the law programs.
For admission in BA LLB programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 98 out of 150 for General category, 65 for Scheduled Caste, 60 for Scheduled Tribe, 58 for Person with Disability and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants. For admissions to LLM programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 85 out of 150 for General category, 70 for Scheduled Caste, 52 for Scheduled Tribe and 65 for Person with Disability.
AILET 2017 Counseling
- AILET 2017 counseling procedure will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University, Delhi.
- It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
- The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified candidates. Such candidates should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2017.
- In case a candidate fails to do so within the stipulated time, his candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled.
- The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET 2017 has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June.
- Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted candidates is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round.
- AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is the last round of AILET 2017 admissions. It will be valid for the candidates in the waiting list category.
- No further admissions will be made after AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round.
Read complete details of AILET Counselling
AILET 2017 Counselling Schedule
|AILET 2017 Result Date (BA LLB)||May 24, 2017|
|Admission Letter Issue Date||May 24, 2017|
|Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)||June 10, 2017|
|Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)||June 24, 2017|
|Fee Deposition Last Date only for selected candidates in spot counselling||July 5, 2017|
|Admission Closed||July 25, 2017|
|Selected Candidates Interview||July 28-29, 2017|
|Orientation programme||July 30, 2017|
|Start of session/classes|
August 1, 2017
AILET Seat Reservation
For BA LLB Courses
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|J & K||2%|
For LLM Courses
|Persons with Disability||2.5%|
AILET and CLAT Difference
- CLAT has an intake capacity of 2164 seats for undergraduate programs. In AILET the intake capacity is restricted to only around 70 seats for BA LLB programs. Other than number of seats available, the number of applicants is another factor that makes AILET tougher than CLAT.
- The number of applications received for CLAT and AILET last year is 39686 and 16215. Due to lesser seats in comparison to the number of applications received, AILET is statistically more difficult to crack than CLAT.
- CLAT will be conducted in online mode whereas AILET will be held in offline mode.