AIIMS PG 2018 Result, Counselling and Cut off
AIIMS PG (All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post-Graduate Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted every year by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. It is a gateway for admitting aspirants into the Post Graduate and Post Doctoral courses offered by the affiliated institutes. It offers various programs in MD, MS, M.Ch, DM and MDS.
Latest Update- AIIMS PG Result for MD/MS/MCh (6 years)/DM (6 years) has been declared on the official website. Check Now
- Registration for AIIMS PG 2018 July session will begin in the first week of March 2018.
- The exam will be conducted in May 6, 2018.
- The results will be declared within a week of conducting the exam and counselling session for the qualified aspirants will be held from June 2018.
- AIIMS PG 2018 exam is an objective type exam.
- The exam will consist of 200 multiple choice questions for MD/ MS to be answered in 180 minutes. Check AIIMS PG 2018 Exam Pattern
- The exam for MDS will comprise 90 MCQs to be answered within 90 minutes. It is a computer based test i.e. mode of the exam is online.
- AIIMS PG 2018 Results will be declared on May 12, 2018.
- Applicants who qualify the exam must attend the AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling conducted by the New Delhi Institute.
AIIMS PG 2018 Highlights
AIIMS PG 2018 is a gateway to PG and Doctoral programs in Medical Sciences into its 7 affiliated institutes. There are about 492 seats offered in total. The highlights of the exam are mentioned below:
|AIIMS PG Highlight|
|Date of AIIMS PG 2018||First week of May 2018|
|Conducting body||AIIMS, Delhi|
|Mode of AIIMS PG 2018||Online|
|Medium of AIIMS PG 2018||English|
|Duration of AIIMS PG 2018||MD/ MS- 3 hours; MDS- 1.5 hour|
|Type and number of questions||Objective; 200 (MD/MS) and 90 (MDS)|
|Number of seats||500 approx|
AIIMS PG 2018 Dates
The schedule proposed for the PG programs in AIIMS for the academic year 2018-2019 is given below. The important dates regarding admissions will be updated from time to time and will also be available on the official website of the organizing body.
|Registration and Online Application begins||September 12, 2017|
|Last date of Online Application||October 3, 2017|
|Finalization of centers and availability of Admit Cards||October 27, 2017|
|AIIMS PG 2018 Entrance examination||November 12, 2017|
|Declaration of Results||November 18, 2017 (Declared)|
|1st Counselling||December 7, 2017|
|2nd Counselling||December 18, 2017|
|Open Counselling||February 23, 2018|
AIIMS PG 2018 Dates for July Session
|Registration and Online Application begins||March 2018|
|Last date of Online Application||April 2018|
|Finalization of centers and availability of Admit Cards||April 18, 2018|
|AIIMS PG 2018 Entrance examination||May 6, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||May 12, 2018|
|1st Counselling||June 5, 2018|
|2nd Counselling||June 12, 2018|
|Open Counselling||August 24, 2018|
AIIMS PG 2018 Courses Offered
AIIMS and its affiliated institutes offer PG programs in various fields. The courses offered are given in the table below. The seats available for different programs will be given in the AIIMS PG 2018 prospectus:
Dermatology & Venerology
Obst. & Gynae
|2.||Basic Clinical Sciences||Anatomy|
|3.||MDS||Conservative Dentistry& Endodontics|
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
AIIMS PG 2018 Reservation
Certain number of seats will be reserved for the SC/ ST and OBC Category. The reservation for AIIMS, New Delhi and its 6 other affiliates will be as follows:
- Other Backward Class: 27%
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- It should also be noted that for Indian citizens, 5% reservation for the orthopedic physically handicapped candidates will be provided on the basis of category for MD and MS Program.
AIIMS PG 2018 Application Form
AIIMS PG 2018 Application Form consists of 6 steps. Individuals will be required to fill up general details like personal information and educational qualifications. The application forms can be filled via the online mode only on the official website www.aiimsexams.org . Application fees can be paid using Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking only. The steps involved in registration and application are given below:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website. Click on ‘New Registration’. The application form will appear.
- Enter personal details (name, parents’ name, date of birth, gender, etc.), and contact details (mobile number, email ID). Click ‘Save & Proceed’ after filling up this page.
- Students will receive an email and SMS having their Candidate ID and Password on the registered email ID and mobile number. Login using these credentials and edit the details if you wish to.
Step 2: Qualification details
- Students must then fill up their educational qualification details.
- They will be required to enter information about the Qualifying Examination, MBBS academics, Internship and Medical Registration.
- After carefully filling up the details, click on ‘Save & Next’.
Step 3: Make Payment
- The next step is to pay the requisite application fees. Application fees can be paid only via online mode.
- Candidates can pay the fees using Credit/ Debit card and Net banking.
- Enter the necessary payment details on the bank page that appears and save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
Step 4: City Choice
- Aspirants must choose their center of examination from the list of available centers. Exam center once chosen cannot be changed.
Step 5: Upload Images
- Upload scanned images of your recent, passport-sized photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- The supported digital image format and dimensions are given below:
|Scanned Images||File Format||Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG/||50 to 100 KB||35mm X 45 mm|
|Signature||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||63mm X 63 mm|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||43mm X 43 mm|
Step 6: Print Application Form
- Click on ‘Submit’, print out the confirmation page generated and carefully verify the information entered.
- If there is any discrepancy in the details provided, then click on ‘Edit’ and modify the information.
- Once all the information is accurate, click on ‘Final Submit’ and print out the registration slip generated. Save it for future correspondence.
Candidates will be required to pay application fees at the time of registration. Those candidates who do not pay the application fees will not be eligible for AIIMS PG 2018. Fees can be paid by the online mode only. Aspirants can use Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking facility to pay the fees. The category wise fees are mentioned below:
|General and OBC||INR 1000|
|SC/ ST||INR 800|
AIIMS PG 2018 Admit Card
AIIMS PG 2018 Admit cards will be available on the official website around April 23, 2018. Applicants must login to their registered accounts to avail the admit card. No admit card for AIIMS PG 2018 will be dispatched by post. Admit cards will have details about the aspirant such as the roll number and the test centre allotted along with the address. It is an important and mandatory document of the exam and no candidate will be granted entry without AIIMS PG 2018 Admit Card.
Aspirants will have to choose the city preferred by them as their exam center and fill the city code in the application form. The conducting body will allot a centre accordingly to candidates and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance. AIIMS PG 2018 will be conducted in 24 cities across the country.
AIIMS PG 2018 Exam Pattern
AIIMS PG 2018 is an online exam. It will be conducted in English language and will consist of objective type questions (MCQs). AIIMS PG 2018 Exam Pattern is stated below:
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours for MD/ MS course and the number of questions will be 200.
- For MDS course, the duration of exam will be 1.5 hour and number of questions will be 90.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark and a score of -1/3 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Mode of AIIMS PG 2018||Online|
|Number of questions||200 (MD/ MS) and 90 (MDS)|
|Marks for Correct Answer||+1|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (MD/ MS) and 1.5 hour (MDS)|
|Medium of language||English|
AIIMS PG 2018 Syllabus
AIIMS PG 2018 syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective fields. The entrance exam will consist of questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS/ BDS level.
Syllabus for Doctor of Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR)
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Syllabus for Master of Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
Syllabus for Master of Dental Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
AIIMS PG 2018 Result
AIIMS PG 2018 Results for the PG and Doctoral programs will be declared in the 2nd week of May 2018. The results will be announced on the official AIIMS website in the form of a rank list. The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official AIIMS website.
- Search for the link of ‘AIIMS PG 2018 Result’ and click on it.
- A PDF file will appear on the screen containing the scores of all applicants in order of ranks secured by them.
- Search for your roll number to know your result.
A merit list of aspirants who qualify the exam will be uploaded soon after the declaration of results. The Minimum Cut-off score is 50th Percentile for all candidates applying for PG courses. The tie-breaking criteria will be decided on the following basis:
- Higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS/ BDS exams shall be preferred and given the higher rank.
- Applicants older in age will be preferred.
AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling
Admission to all PG courses will be based on merit only. The counselling for AIIMS PG 2018 programs will begin in the 1st week of June, 2018. It will be conducted in 2 rounds and one open counselling round.
The schedule for AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling will be uploaded on the website. All aspirants must attend counselling according to this schedule, in order of ranks secured by them. The combined merit list will be announced by AIIMS, Delhi soon after results are declared. Aspirants who qualify the exam and whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible for counselling. These short-listed individuals will also be notified via SMS and Email.
Counselling will take place in the following method:
- Applicants will have to fill a preference form
- They will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats in order of merit.
- Aspirant who secures a confirmed seat in the subject of their choice will not be allowed to change the subject and will not be eligible for the second round of counselling. They must deposit the fees within stipulated time to avoid cancellation of their seat.
- If a candidate does not get his first choice then he will be allowed to choose another subject provisionally. The provisional seat or any available will be confirmed only in the second counselling.
- Applicants who have not taken any seat provisionally can also attend the 2nd round of counselling.
The short-listed aspirants must bring certain documents and certificates that will be verified by the authorities at the time of counselling:
|1.||10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate|
|2.||AIIMS PG 2018 Admit Card|
|3.||Qualifying Degree Mark-sheet and Certificate|
|4.||Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended|
|6.||Caste or category certificate|
|9.||Proof of Internship|
|10.||Demand Draft of requisite fees|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College