AIIMS MBBS 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 is known as All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS entrance exam. It is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam for admitting candidates to MBBS program offered at 7 AIIMS in the country. AIIMS medical entrance exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi).
AIIMS MBBS 2018 is scheduled for May 27, 2018. AIIMS 2018 will be conducted for admission to 707 seats in 7 AIIMS institution.
- AIIMS 2018 Application Process starts from January 2018.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern will have 200 MCQ type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- The test will be conducted across all the major cities of the country.
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card for the test will be made available on the official website around a week before each exam.
- Candidates can check AIIMS MBBS 2018 Result on the official website.
- Counselling and interview will commence tentatively in first week of July.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||AIIMS MBBS|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||May 27, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Aggregate of 60% required in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2 board exam|
|Must have attained 17 years of age|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||707|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for AIIMS MBBS 2018 must know about all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The important exam dates of AIIMS MBBS 2018 are given in the table below:
|AIIMS MBBS Registration – Start Date||February, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS Registration – Closing Date||March, 2018|
|Release of AIIMS MBBS Admit Card||May, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Date||May 27, 2018 (Sunday)|
|AIIMS MBBS Result 2018||June 12, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 – Counselling Round 1||July 03, 04, 05 & 06, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 – Counselling Round 2||August 02, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 – Counselling Round 3||September 04, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS – Open Counselling (if required)||September 27, 2018|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. Following are some of the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31 December, 2018.
- Applicants must have passed 12th class from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as subjects.
- 60% marks are required for the candidates of general category while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 50% to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India are also eligible.
- Candidates appearing for qualifying exam are also eligible.
AIIMS MBBS Application form 2018
Application form for AIIMS MBBS 2017 will be released in January 2018 and the process will end in February 2018. Application fee for general and OBC categories will be INR 1000 while it will be INR 800 for SC/ST candidates. It must be noted that AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form can be submitted in online mode only and no other mode of application will be accepted.
How to apply for AIIMS MBBS 2018?
Candidates can go through the following steps to complete AIIMS Registration 2018:
- Visit the official website of AIIMS i.e. aiimsexams.org
- Select ‘MBBS’ from given list
- Enter the required details in the given format
- Make payment of your application fee in online mode or via bank challan
- Upload photo, signature after scanning
- Recheck the filled AIIMS application form
- Get a print copy of the AIIMS form
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card will be available in May 2018. It will be available for those candidates whose AIIMS MBBS 2018 application form will be accepted. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their application number and password.
Steps to Download AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link for ‘AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card’.
- Enter the Application number and Password details in the log-in page.
- Ensure all the details are correct and then enter “Submit”
- View the admit card and verify the details present on it.
- Download or take two to three printouts of the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card for further processes.
NOTE: Don’t forget to take admit card with you in the examination hall and for all the rest admission process.
After downloading the AIIMS MBBS 2018 admit card, candidates are advised to verify all the entries in the admit card such as name, address, exam roll number, photograph, signature, allotted exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the AIIMS MBBS admit card 2018 till the completion of admission process, as it will required at the time of AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling and admission process for identity verification.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Center 2018
Candidates can choose their AIIMS MBBS Exam Center at time of application process. Following are the venues where AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam is conducted.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam will be online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT). The AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam will have 200 (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- There will be total 200 questions of Objective type.
- The questions will cover mostly 11th & 12th standard syllabus.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours & 30 minutes.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
The subject-wise distribution of questions is given below:
|Subjects||No. of questions|
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2018
Candidates who are seeking admission for MBBS should know about the complete AIIMS Syllabus mentioned below:
|Physics||Circular Motion, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, Nuclear Physics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics., Solids, Wave Motion: Optics|
|Chemistry||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matte|
|Zoology||Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System|
|Botany||Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals., Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development., Botany and Human Welfare, History, Importance, Factors and mechanism, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Transpiration and respiration, Tropic and turgor movements, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events, Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History etc|
AIIMS MBBS Result 2018
AIIMS 2018 Result will be declared on June 12, 2018. Candidates can check their results via online mode through the website. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure.
- Log on to the official website of AIIMS, aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link “Result of AIIMS 2018”.
- Candidates will be required to fill in the asked details, i.e. Candidate ID, Password and a security pin.
- Login after filling and rechecking the details.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Download AIIMS MBBS 2018 Result and print it out for further procedure of admission.
AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Answer Key is released online soon after the exam is over. Answer key is useful in estimating the approximate score that you will receive. AIIMS MBBS 2018 Answer Key will be available separately for different subjects that are, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Awareness.
Candidates can use the answer keys for the following reasons:
- To know the correct answer for the questions asked in the examination
- It requires to know the solved steps and answers for the questions
- To evaluate the candidate’s answers with the actual answer
AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2018
The cut-off score is the minimum score which has to be secured by a candidate to get admission in AIIMS. As per the AIIMS MBBS 2018 qualifying criteria,
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cut Off for general category candidates will be 50% while for OBC candidates, it will be 45%.
- The cut off will be determined on the basis of percentile as the examination will be held in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure will be used to determining the qualifying criteria.
The cut off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|Category||AIIMS Cut off Marks|
AIIMS MBBS Selection Process 2018
Based on the result of the competitive entrance examination, merit lists will be prepared. Inter se merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination will be determined in order of preference as under:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in the entrance examination.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
The selected candidates will have to undergo a medical examination that will be set up by the Institute. If a candidate is found medically unfit, he/she will be rejected. In that case, the next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Process 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling is the last round of the selection process.
- Counselling will commence from first week of July 2018.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam.
- Merit list will differ category wise.
- Applicants will be invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
- At the given date & time mentioned on the call letter, the applicants are required to report at the venue with original documents for AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling process.
Candidates are required to carry the following documents at time of the counselling process:
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning Date of Birth
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
Candidates should also carry following certificates, if applicable:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).