AIEED 2018- All India Entrance Examination for Design
AIEED is a national level entrance exam conducted by ARCH Academy of Design, to offer admissions to Undergraduate and Post-Graduate programs in Design. The All India Entrance Examination for Design is conducted in both online and offline modes. It is organized in 2 series (phases) each year.
- A candidate should have passed or appeared for Class 10+2 to be eligible for the exam.
- AIEED Application Form will be available from November 2017 onwards in online and offline mode.
- An application fee of INR 1500 is to be made at the time of registration.
- AIEED Admit Card will be issued to the successfully registered candidates 7 days prior to the examination.
- Candidates have the luxury to appear for AIEED from their home or Internet cafe in the available time slots, within stipulated window. Check AIEED Exam Pattern
The Stage 1 of AIEED 2018 i.e. General Ability Test (GAT) is expected to be held between March- May 2018. Stage 2 i.e. Creative Ability Test will be conducted on any two consecutive Saturday’s after GAT Exam. It is important to note that GAT is compulsary for all candidates, while CAT is only for UG students. The final results will be declared in February 2018.Check AIEED Result
Highlights of AIEED 2018
|Name of Examination||All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)|
|Conducting Body||ARCH Academy of Design|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Courses Offered||Graduate and Post-Graduate courses in Design|
|Basic Eligibility||Undergraduate Course- Class XII; Post-Graduate Course- Bachelors|
|Mode of Examination||Offline and Online|
|Validity of AIEED Score||1 year|
|AIEED Help Desk|
1800 3070 0626
|No. of Seats Available||Undergraduate Course- 164; Post-Graduate Course- 200|
AIEED 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through the detailed schedule of AIEED 2018 to avoid missing out on any of the deadlines. All important AIEED 2018 Exam Dates are mentioned below for your reference:
|Release of AIEED Application form||November 2017|
|Release of AIEED Admit Card||1 week before exam date|
|AIEED 2018 Exam Date (GAT)||December 2017- January 2018|
|AIEED 2018 Exam Date (CAT)||January 2018|
|AIEED 2018 Result Date (online)||7 days after online exam|
|AIEED 2018 Result Date (offline)||February 2018|
|AIEED 2018 Counselling Date (UG)||April 2018|
|AIEED 2018 Counselling Date (PG)||February- March 2018|
AIEED 2018 Eligibility
Candidates applying for AIEED have to meet all the mentioned eligibility criteria. Failing to meet any of these will lead to cancellation of candidature. AIEED Eligibility is different for Graduate and Post-Graduate courses. It is given below:
AIEED Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent board approved by CBSE).
- Candidates should have attained the age of 16 years and above, as per Pearson-Edexcel norms applicable to all International Undergraduate level course.
- Candidates possessing a valid NATA score/AIEEE rank are exempted from taking the AIEED 2017 Exam. These candidates are required to directly appear for the interview only.
- Students studying in Class 10+1 can also appear for the AIEED 2017. If these candidates qualify in the entrance exam, they will be eligible for direct admission in the subsequent academic session.
AIEED Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
- Candidates who have completed graduation or are appearing for the final year examination of graduation, in any discipline from a statutory University.
Note: Reservation of seats under various quotas (SC, ST, Defence, Physically Challenged, NRI, etc.) will be as per the norms and regulations of the institutions. The disclosure of the seats will be done at time of admission process.
Check AIEED Eligibility
AIEED 2018 Application Form
The Registration Process for AIEED can be completed in both online and offline modes. AIEED Application Form in offline mode can be obtained from ARCH Academy of Design Center along with the Prospectus. The online form can be availed online, by visiting the official website of ARCH. Here is how you can fill AIEED 2018 Application Form:
Step 1: Registration- Visit the official website i.e. archedu.org and click on ‘Apply Now’. Enter your Name, E-mail, Phone number, City, course interested in and current qualifications. On successful registration, the candidate will receive an email and SMS on the mobile number & email ID to complete the application process.
Step 2: Fill AIEED Application Form- Log-in using your credentials and start filling the application form. Selection your preffered course, fill personal details and then, write your education qualifications.
Step 3: Payment of Fees- Candidates will have to select the payment method for paying the application fees through any one of the three modes: Online Gateway, Demand Draft or through Bank of India.
Step 4: Upload Documents- Upload important documents such as educational documents, photograph, signature, etc. Only after uploading these documents, candidates will be able to click on ‘Next’ at the bottom of application form. The page will look like this:
Step 4: Print confirmation page- Candidates are advised to take the printout of Confirmation Page and duly filled AIEED Application Form, after previewing it carefully.
- Candidates will have to buy the application prospectus by paying application fees of INR 1500/- either through cash or through demand draft made in favor of “Arch Educational Society” payable at Jaipur.
- At the back of the Demand Draft, candidates have to mention their name and phone number. The Demand Draft should be sent to the following address:
ARCH Academy of Design,
Plot No 9, Govind Marg,
Malviya Nagar Institutional Area,
- Candidates are required to fill the application form which has 3 sections. In the first part, candidates have to fill the course details. They should choose the test centre (in case of Offline exam) or Exam date and time slots (in case of online Exam).
- In the second part, candidates should fill all of their personal details such as name, DOB, Nationality, etc.
- Next, the candidates will write their educational details of class 10th, 11th and 12th. Candidates have to also attach photocopies of candidate’s mark sheet of class 10, 12 or past qualifications.
- Applicants will then send the application and the attached copies on the following address:
Application Process for NRI/Foreign Nationals
Foreign Nationals and candidates appearing under NRI category are required to submit the following documents along with the Application form, in order to apply for admission to any of the academic programs offered by ARCH.
- An attested copy of the relevant pages of passport.
- Equivalence Certificate issued by the concerned Embassy validating the educational qualifications off the candidate.
- Attested copy indicating the proof of status of NRI/Foreign National
- NRI/Foreign Nationals can only make the payment of Application fee through DD. Demand Draft of $ 75 in favor of “ARCH Educational Society”, payable at Jaipur. It must be sent to the ARCH office mentioned before.
Fill Now AIEED Application Form
AIEED 2018 Application Fees
- Candidates have to pay the requisite registration fee to complete AIEED Application Form.
- The fee is INR 1500 for all candidates.
- Candidates can pay it using Online Gateway, Demand Draft and payment through bank.
AIEED 2018 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for appearing in AIEED will be issued 7 days before the exam through either mode (online and center based).
- AIEED Admit Card is a very significant document. Candidates must carry the Admit Card to the exam center (for offline examination), on the day of exam.
- It would be also required with other documents while reporting for Selection Procedure (personal interview), counselling and admission.
Here’s how you can download your AIEED Admit Card:
- Click on the official link sent on the registered mobile number
- Enter “Registered ID” and “Password”
- Click on the link, “Download AIEED Admit Card”
- Download and take multiple printouts of the Admit Card for future reference
Documents Required with Admit Card
AIEED Admit Card should be carried along with a valid id proof to the exam center for the purpose of verification of candidates. List of such documents is provided below.
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Mark sheet
- Last Graduation Marksheet
Download AIEED Admit Card
AIEED 2018 Exam Centers
- Candidates can appear for AIEED in either online or offline mode.
- Candidates have to indicate their choice of AIEED Exam Centerwhile filling the Application form.
- A maximum of 3 exam centers can be selected in order of their preference in both the online and offline Application Forms.
- ARCH Academy will finally allot 1 exam center (for offline examination) or 1 final date & time slot (for online examination).
- Candidates have the option to modify their choice for exam center or exam date & time slot only once.
- They need to provide the request for the change in writing with a valid reason to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 15 days before the conduct of AIEED.
- There are total 13 exam centersfor the offline exam. They have been listed below:
|AIEED Exam Centers|
AIEED 2018 Exam Pattern
- Students can write the Online Exam from either home or cyber café.
- AIEED is aimed at assessing candidates’ design sensitivity, ability to solve problems and creativity, logical reasoning & awareness on world affairs.
- There will be 2 different parts of exam – CAT (Creative Ability Test) or GAT (General Ability Test).
- AIEED Exam can be attempted in either online or offline mode. The number of questions asked in the examination is 45 to 50, depending on the difficulty level of the exam.
The entire structure and pattern of the exam is explained in the table below.
|AIEED Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Number of Papers||2 (GAT and CAT)|
|Mode of exam||Both Online and Offline|
|Duration of exam||3 hours and 15 minutes or 195 minutes|
|Format of exam||45 - 50 Objective Questions (MCQ)|
|Total marks of the exam||200 marks|
|Language of exam|
Bilingual – Questions available in both English and Hindi
Can answer in either language if taking offline exam
Can answer only in English if taking online exam
|Topics covered in the exam||Design Sensitivity, Creative Sensitivity, Problem Solving and Logical Reasoning.|
NOTE: For offline examination, candidates have to carry black & blue pens, pencil & eraser, steel scale, cutter, scissors, color pencils/ crayons/ oil pastels etc., glue stick. Similarly, for online examination, candidates should keep A4 size blank sheets of paper, pencil & eraser, color pencils/ crayons/ oil pastels etc., steel scale, cutter, scissors, glue stick, Black or blue ball point pens.
Know More About AIEED Exam Pattern
AIEED 2018 Result
- Candidates appearing for online exam will be intimated through SMS after successful completion of the examination. They will be informed through call letter sent via email and hard copy.
- The Result of AIEED (online examination) will be declared within 7 days of the conduct of the exam.
- The qualified candidates will be invited to appear for personal interview.
- AIEED Result for candidates appearing for centre based test will be also intimated through call letter sent via email and hard copy.
- The interview date for the successful candidates would be mentioned on the call letter, as indicated by them during the Application form filling.
How to check AIEED Result?
- Visit the official website of ARCH Academy of Design i.e. aieed.com
- Click on ‘AIEED Exam Result 2018’
- Enter your roll number and date of birth
- Click on ‘submit’ button
- The result can be seen on the screen
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the scorecard and keep it safe with them till admission.
Know More About AIEED Result
AIEED Selection Procedure
- Selection Procedure for AIEED would involve different parameters for final selection of the candidates such as the entrance exam score, education background, and performance in Interview & Portfolio, etc.
- Personal Interview will be held for all the candidates who successfully clear AIEED. It would be conducted at the ARCH campus in Jaipur. All the eligible candidates are advised to reach the venue of interview round at least 15 minutes before the start of interview session as specified in the .
- Failure to reach the venue on time can result in rejection of candidature. In certain cases, based on only valid reasons, interviews will be rescheduled for candidates who are not able to appear for the interview session on the pre-scheduled date. The request in writing should be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: In the case of awaited results, candidates need to submit the mark sheet by July. Admission offered till then will be considered as provisional.
Read More About AIEED Selection Procedure
AIEED 2018 Counselling
- Selected candidates will participate in AIEED Counselling. They have to report at the ARCH Academy of Design campus in Jaipur for the counselling process as per scheduled date and time slot. Candidates would be granted admission purely on the basis of merit.
- Candidates are required to carry AIEED Admit Card in a printed form, along with a valid ID proof and a valid migration and transfer certificate while reporting for counselling.
- The documents should be attested by a Grade 1 Gazetted officer. The final admission is granted on provisional basis and subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria. Admission of the candidate is considered final only after the approval of the affiliate authority.
- If candidates are absent on the specified date and time slot for the counselling session or have failed to submit the fee through Demand draft, their candidature for admission is liable to be cancelled. The seat would automatically pass to the next candidate in the merit list.
- In case of a query or doubt, candidates should contact the admission department of ARCH Academy of Design. Details are mentioned below:
ARCH Academy of Design,
Plot No 9, Govind Marg,
Malviya Nagar Institutional Area,
Phone Numbers: 0141-4060500/02/03, 9414070678, 180030700626
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday (10 am to 5 pm)
Read about AIEED Counselling
List of Courses offered through AIEED
The list of courses offered through AIEED 2017 is mentioned in the table below for reference of the candidates. Also given are the number of available seats for all courses for your reference:
|Undergraduate Programs (UG)||Postgraduate Programs (PG)|
|Fashion design (30 seats)||Fashion Design (30 seats)|
|Interior Design (30 seats)||GPEM (30 seats)|
|Graphic Design (20 seats)||Interior Design (30 seats)|
|Jewellery Design (20 seats)||Jewellery Design (30 seats)|
|Craft Product Design (20 seats)||Lifestyle Accessory Design (20 seats)|
|Design Management (20 seats)||Design Communication (20 seats)|
|BVA (Bachelor in Visual Arts) (24 seats)||Strategic Design Management (20 seats)|
|-||Strategic Management & Leadership (20 seats)|
- The scholarship will be given to the students on the basis of following criteria: AIEED result, Performance in past qualification, Interview + Portfolio, Income of the family, Ward of a single mother, Servicemen, Craftsmen or artisan etc.
- The scholarship will be awarded on first come first served basis.
- Once all the scholarships are claimed, further students would not be considered for the same, even if they fulfil all the requirements.